View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Japanese RC Internet Seller Busted

Abbie Normal

Bluelighter
Read the original Japanese version here

Here's the text of the (probably poorly) translated version:
The illegal drug (the generally known evasion of the law drug) naming the reagent
About the entry inspection and the like for the trader who does Internet sale

2006 March 22nd
Public Welfare Ministry of Labor Medicine Food Bureau

It is the non approval non permission medical supply, “METHYLONE ([mechiron])”, the illegal drug “of 2C-T-7” and so on (the generally known evasion of the law drug) (you call below “illegal drug”.)Naming the reagent, as mentioned below the public welfare Ministry of Labor and Tochigi prefecture with combination, to do the entry inspection which is based on medicine thing law Internet you sold in vis-a-vis the seller whom the many and unspecified persons person, because you took necessary measure, we inform.

Description

?Summary
?Vis-a-vis Tochigi prefecture, when there is information offer from the inhabitant, investigation it does, “2.”The seller who is put out violating to medicine thing method, the illegal drug which is the non approval non permission medical supply (annex statement) the doubt which sells with non permission strengthened.
?Because of this, March 6th, the entry inspection which is based on the medicine thing method 69th provision 3rd section is carried out, concerning 16 products which are the violation product “4.”The measure which puts out was devised.

?Seller
??Name of store
: AMS RESEARCH
??Address
: Tochigi prefecture Utsunomiya city

?Fact of violation
?“2.”The seller who is put out announced, naming the reagent, the illegal drug which is the non approval non permission medical supply with non permission, in Internet home page of the respective company, sold from the store inside Tochigi prefecture vis-a-vis the many and unspecified persons person.

??Medicine thing method 24th provision 1st section violation
(Non permission sale of medical supply)
??Medicine thing method 55th provision binary violation
(Sale of non approval non permission medical supply)
??Medicine thing method 68th provision violation
(Announcement of not yet approval medical supply)

?The measure which it devises
?(1)
Abolition of the illegal drug which is inside the store guidance (16 products of annex statement)
?(2)
Guiding discontinuance and independent collection such as sale and announcement of the illegal drug

(Reference)

??
?About the illegal drug
?The illegal drug is the product which is sold as those which raise the multi happiness impressions and pleasant sensation etc same as the drug and the like, but as opportunity of abuse of the drug and the sense consequence medicine etc (the gateway) with it feels concern not to be restricted to the occurrence of healthy damage of the abuse person himself, that it becomes, it is something which is also a possibility of being abused in crime and the like.
?That the way of the advocacy which relates to intended purpose “concerning strengthening the guidance management for 2005 February 25 date public welfare Ministry of Labor medicine food bureau supervisory guidance drug measure section chief notification “generally known evasion of the law drug”” in, concerning the illegal drug, how it does not relate, in fact, intake to the human body as purpose when it is judged, it is sold it corresponds to the non approval non permission medical supply with respect to medicine thing method, it notifies the effect which becomes the object of the management to each metropolis and districts and the like.
?Furthermore, in order from the management of the illegal drug is effective, it is the place where now medicine thing method amendment plan is submitted to ordinary diet session.

??
?About 2C-T-7
?It is the hallucinogenic drug which possesses the phenethyl amine framework, hallucination action, from the fact that the feeling instability is shown, it is the schedule which is appointed to the drug and the drug which is based on psychotropic drugs control law during 2005.
?When it is regulated, as the drug also use and the possession etc become the object of the management.

[Edited for clarity. The original poster's personal comments are below. ff]

In a nutshell, this guy at AMS Research (Numata Hidefumi was at http://www.ams-research.com, no longer active) from Japan got busted for selling 2C-T-7 which is illegal in Japan. Hard to exactly translate article but they (the cops) did not like this other RC either. Check out the list. Some amounts are like way small, except for the DOC. 2.65g! At like 2mg a dose, that's a bunch.

Too bad, for those in the know, he had some of the better prices. But not always reliable I've heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
...except that 2c-t-7 and methylone were never specifically scheduled in Japan, only AMT and 5-MeO-DiPT. Japan is cracking down on RCs because of the recent flagrant abuse, and they seem to be doing it via pharmaceutical laws now (a la Netherlands).

I don't know why the amounts were so small, though. This guy was pushing pretty massive quantities around when he was in business...it may have just been unsold leftovers. He seemed to be closing business at the time of his arrest.

Sucks for us!

But seriously, I wonder how much trouble this guy is in. Can't be worse than if he was in the US could it?

Damn that sucks for a lot of people I know of... That guy was pretty popular, unfortunately.

Side note: another RC Japanese web site whose name is like "Inventor of the light blub" trading has also been down for a couple days. Rumor had it that these guys just resold the same RCs as AMS, just at a higher price since the RC list was almost identical between them.

As best as one can tell, finding RC companies via google/msn/yahoo searches, there aren't any Japanese public companies left (meaning ones with urls and pages in English).

There are domestic Japanese psychedelics dealers still online with the same products and appearing to be operating, though... It seems that international pressure may have been the cause of these busts.

edit: Actually, another domestic one is down...

Abbie Normal said:
2.65g! At like 2mg a dose, that's a bunch.

Ur kidding right?

2.65g of anything is nothing. Im sure the DOC he had was originally part of a 1kg+ manufacture, now thats a little bit 'bigger' wouldnt you say? Too bad I doubt this numbnuts was the one who was receiving that kg. Prolly took 10g cuts from it, from the major player who contracted the custom synth. easy shit, if you have 5k you can contract any RC synth you want at pennies per dozens of doses and sell to RC suppliers in what you seemingly consider a large bunch, which im sure to them is laughable.

I remember looking at that site a few times and coming to the conclusion that it seemed too dodgy, apprantly he was legit then! Oh well.

Unsure of whether we're all taking about the same vendors, but I've noticed another down as well.

To be honest, if I was running one of those sites and I saw my comrades/colleagues being busted, I'd consider taking my stuff down voluntarily before 'the knock' happened.

It really sucks, I'm out $300 from this guy, due to what went down.

"But seriously, I wonder how much trouble this guy is in. Can't be worse than if he was in the US could it?"

In Japan any sort of drug related crime carries a mandatory life sentence. There is a reason a city of 25 million+ people (Tokyo) can exist with almost no crime whatsoever: Zero Tolerance policy.

Almost no crime? Or almost no drug crime?

Either way, neither of those two statements strike me as realistic. Perhaps I am mistaken???

this is off a few us government websites.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1148.html

ILLEGAL DRUGS: Penalties for possession, use, or trafficking in illegal drugs in Japan are strict, and convicted offenders can expect long jail sentences and fines. In most drug cases, suspects are usually detained incommunicado, which bars them from receiving visitors or corresponding with anyone other than a lawyer or U.S. consular officer until after indictment, which may take as long as several months. Solitary confinement is common.

People can be convicted of drug use based on positive blood or urine tests alone, and multiple Americans are now serving time in Japanese prisons as the result of sting operations and the use of informers. The Japanese police routinely share information on drug arrests with Interpol, assuring that notice of the arrest will reach U.S. law enforcement agencies. About half of all Americans now in prison in Japan are incarcerated for drug-related crimes.

Japanese authorities aggressively pursue drug smugglers with sophisticated detection equipment, "sniffing" dogs and other methods. Travelers and their luggage entering Japan are screened at ports of entry; incoming and outgoing mail, as well as international packages sent via DHL or FEDEX, is also checked carefully. The Japanese police make arrests for even the smallest amounts of illegal drugs. Several Americans are now in custody after having mailed illegal drugs to themselves from other countries. Other Americans are serving time for having tried to bring drugs into Japan as paid couriers working out of Southeast Asia or Europe.

Please see our information on Criminal Penalties.

http://www.npa.go.jp/english/seisaku2/20060126.pdf

check out the numbers for drug arrests on this link. Nationwide in 2004 just over 17,000 thats almost non-existant compared to America. Lots of other good information about japanese law as well. Just in 2003 alone 1,678,192 people were arrested on drug charges in the US.

http://www.stat.go.jp/English/data/handbook/c14cont.htm

Bottom of the page on this link shows crime statistics for the entire country including total number of arrests and number of crimes committed nationwide. Link also contains housing stats ozone emissions and traffic accident statistics for the entire country as well.
An interesting fact: More than 4 times as many people were arrested in the US for drug crimes alone than any and all crimes in Japan combined.

http://www.drugsense.org/html/modules.php?name=Wodclock

Drug war clock in the US. Has all the key statistics. Definitely worth a look.

http://www.taima.org

excellent site with lots of information on hemp/marijuana in Japan. Including legal issues.

Last edited:
Yeah seriously, Asia is a very dangerous place to be involved with drugs, especially Japan, Singapore, and Malaysia. None of the police or government officials in any of those countries have any sense of humor when it comes to having a little toot or popping a pill.

Inappropriate as it may seem, I had to laugh reading the translation of the site: "The illegal drug is the product which is sold as those which raise the multi happiness impressions and pleasant sensation et cetera." Sounds well funny ;). It is pretty grim, though, to be caught in such business in Japan, and I would not like to be in the guy's shoes right now. But he must have been aware that he was skating on thin ice... it's a risky business, hence it's so lucrative.

I doubt it was the 2C-T-7

When AMS was active, their Japanese site frequently advertised MBDB and BDB... analogues of MDMA and MDA...

Sir Foxx said:
It really sucks, I'm out $300 from this guy, due to what went down.

If I was you I would consider clearing all drugs out of my house and keeping it that way for a few months.