• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television 'Jackass'/CKY star Ryan Dunn killed in Pa. crash

|>R()|)!G/-\|_

Bluelighter
Crazy b/c he and Steve-O were just on the game show "Minute to Win It" last night.

from http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8200859&rss=rss-wpvi-article-8200859

WEST GOSHEN TWP., Pa. - June 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned that Ryan Dunn, one of the stars of the MTV television and movie series 'Jackass', was killed Monday morning in a crash in West Goshen Township, Chester County.

The accident occured around 2:30 a.m. on Route 322, near Pottstown Pike.

According to police, Dunn lost control of his 2007 Porsche 911 GT3, veered into a wooded area next to the road and collided with a tree. The impact resulted in the vehicle bursting into flames.

Both Dunn and a passenger were killed. Investigators say both bodies were burned badly and that they are still trying to determine the identity of the passenger.

The preliminary investigation revealed that speed may have been a contributing factor in the crash.

April Margera, the mother of Dunn's 'Jackass' costar and good friend Bam Margera, called into the Preston and Steve radio show Monday morning to confirm the loss of Dunn.

According to TMZ, Dunn uploaded a picture of himself drinking with friends to his Twitter account on Sunday night. However, there is no word at this time if alcohol played a role in the crash.

According to a biography posted on his website, Dunn was born in Ohio and moved at age 15 to West Chester, Pennsylvania, where he met Bam Margera on his first day of high school.

Dunn, Margera, Christopher Raab (known as Raab Himself) and Brandon DiCamillo, under the moniker CKY for "Camp Kill Yourself," started making videos that featured them skateboarding and performing stunts.

Dunn was working as a welder and at a gas station when Johnny Knoxville, a friend of Margera's through the skateboarding circuit, asked the crew to allow their videos to be part of the series "Jackass," which became a hit on MTV and ran from 2000 to 2002.

Best known as a star on reality TV shows 'Jackass', 'Viva La Bam', and 'Homewrecker', Dunn also starred in three 'Jackass' movies and was the host of the show "Proving Ground" on the G4 cable network.

Dunn had just celebrated his 34th birthday on June 11th.

So sad. :( RIP

Also, what a fucking dick:

0620-tweet-roger-ebert-credit.jpg

I didn't know whether to post it but I think people should have much more tact. I think it says a lot about Ebert as a person. :\

RIP Ryan<3

Time to watch my Viva La Bam DVDs and remember... :(

i dont think there is anything wrong with what ebert said. that was right along the lines of what i was thinking. you play you pay. oh well.

I saw this on TV with the sound off and thought Zach Galifinakas had died.

He's right, though. A lot of people were fans of his, but it doesn't change the fact that he was driving recklessly (suspected over 100mph) while drunk. Not only was he putting his life in danger, he put the lives of those around him in danger. He could have hit another car, a pedestrian, or some guy out riding his bike (in addition to the person he killed in the car itself). He acted like a dipshit and paid the price. It sucks when someone dies, but he had it coming.

You can think that to yourself and let his family and friends mourn for a few days before broadcasting you opinion on perhaps the most vocal way possible a few hours after the fact. Does being a dick about it change the reality that he made a really bad decision and he's dead? No. If a local drunk died I wouldn't say "he had it coming" on twitter let alone to others. He's dead. That's sad. Tact. Some people have it.

I will always remember when he stuck the toy car up his ass and went the clinic and they translated what the dr was saying. R.i.p. Mr dunn

^^ Well said :)

Regardless of how you feel or don't feel about this, be respectful.

These guys had it cming sooner than many of us. It was just a matter of how and when.

He needs to be remembered for the CKY videos. Sure, Jackass made them famous but CKY is where it all began.

RIP Random Hero<3

It's a sad situation, but I have zero sympathy for anyone who gets behind the wheel while drunk. Everyone's all, "Awwww, poor Ryan." Poor Ryan? What about his passenger who you can argue that Ryan basically killed? If he had plowed into a car full of kids and killed them too, would Roger's comment have seemed so harsh? Ryan knew he was fucked up, yet he got behind the wheel anyway.

Yes, his passenger willingly got in the car too. But when you choose to drive while drunk, you've personally put every person's life that's in the car with you in your hands. I don't see any difference between what happened and Ryan purposely killing the guy who was with him. Sure, Ebert was being very crass and inappropriate. His timing was bad. However, people are making Ryan out to be a victim here. He's not. He's just another stupid person who deliberately chose to get behind the wheel of a car while drunk.

When did I say he was a victim? I said it was tactless. Unnecessary at this time. Are you a member of MADD, HMIF?