Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television 'Jackass'/CKY star Ryan Dunn killed in Pa. crash

^^^Not you, Amy. You calm yourself right the hell down, missy. It's the different boards I haunt. Mainly, IMDB and YouTube. They're practically building shrines to him and attacking anyone who dares say anything about the fact that it was his fault. I agree 100% that what Ebert says was tactless and too soon. My comment wasn't aimed at you, mi amour. I mainly quoted your comment for the Ebert tweet.

This is the part where we hug now.

NSFW:
image-aHR0cDovL2JsdWJlZGJ1aWEwMTo4My9pL0ZBLzdBRDlGQzhBNjM5MUNGOTFGMTJDNDI1MkI1RjAuanBn.jpg

I don't see any difference between what happened and Ryan purposely killing the guy who was with him.
^i do. big difference.

these guys were not smart people. but throwing stones at drunk driving is silly. yeah, that is bad and selfish... like a bunch of other stuff. it's just not everything is so easy to point a finger at.

I just heard on the radio the authorities estimated the speed to be at 130 mph when it crashed. What tragic recklessness :(

^i do. big difference.

these guys were not smart people. but throwing stones at drunk driving is silly. yeah, that is bad and selfish... like a bunch of other stuff. it's just not everything is so easy to point a finger at.

So even though he got behind the wheel while drunk and was doing 130 mph at night, you still don't see any fault in him? Are you insane? I'd like to throw something a little more heavier than a stone at drunk drivers. After all, they're throwing about 2,000 lbs of metal down the road that could hit anyone at any time. He murdered his passenger and he killed himself.

There is no gray area here. He was an adult. He knew that driving while drunk greatly impairs your ability to drive. He knew that speeding at 130 mph while drunk is basically suicide. Knowing all of this, he still chose to do it. When he decided to speed, that was the point where the passenger had absolutely no control of the situation. Ryan Dunn had that man's life in his hands and he took it.

Maybe if and when you lose someone you love to a drunk driver, you will see that this is a fact and not an opinion. I hope it never happens to you though. I really do. I had no pity for him before, but when I found out this morning how fast he was going, my indifference towards him turned to rage. Again, I hate that he died, but he did this to himself and his passenger. It's the same as if he had a gun and was playing russian roulette and taking turns pointing the gun to his head and the man that was with him. My sympathy for stupidity only extends to the mentally challenged.

I read that it was a minimum of 130mph... Sports cars and alcohol really don't mix.

Calm down, Frank.

He didn't murder anyone. He accidentally killed his friend in a drunken car accident. The passenger chose to get in the car with him. It was stupid and irresponsible (on both their parts), yes, but calling him a murderer?

What you're saying is far worse than what Ebert said.

Frank said:
I don't see any difference between what happened and Ryan purposely killing the guy who was with him.

The difference is pretty fucking obvious, dude. Regardless of how irresponsible or idiotic you may think his actions were, it was an accident. He didn't intend to kill anyone.

I don't think stupidity should be an excuse for one's actions. He was twice the legal limit and went tooling around in his sports car. Sure, he never intended to kill anyone, but drunk drivers never do 'intend' to kill anyone, it just happens. The only reason people are giving this guy sympathy is because he made them LOL in those Jackass movies. If this had been any random person, no one would be giving him sympathy, people would be angry that this asshole put the lives of the public at risk. Chances are, given what he does for a living, this wasn't his first time driving recklessly while intoxicated, either. He's probably done this shit hundreds of times and just gotten lucky up until then. It sucks that death was his punishment for his behavior, but he absolutely had it coming.

No-one is excusing him for his actions.

A man is dead.

And it works both ways. The only reason you are calling him an asshole and Frank is calling him a murderer is because "he made people LOL in those Jackass movies".

I have worked with many people over the years who've been directly affected by traffic accidents. I worked with a man who accidentally killed his wife while drink driving. He now has a fairly severe brain injury. He didn't mean to do it. And, when it happened, people all over the world didn't pop up and call him a murderer. He, and his family, had enough to deal with.

Again, nobody is excusing him. But it is sad. Two men are dead.

I've driven drunk before. Most people I know have. Luckily I didn't kill anyone. I don't think it's fair to conclude that he was a repeat offender and that he drove drunk all the time based on Jackass. If he was your friend, you would be sad. Likewise, some of his fans are sad. He's not receiving special treatment because of his celebrity status. He is not receiving anything. He is dead. Calling him names is the long distance anonymous equivalent of pissing on his grave.

And it works both ways. The only reason you are calling him an asshole and Frank is calling him a murderer is because "he made people LOL in those Jackass movies".

Actually, I would call anyone an asshole who did what he did. Literally anyone. I would call my own grandmother an asshole if she did that, and I love my grandmother.

You're being naive if you think this was the first time he's driven drunk. People do it all the time, it just never become news until someone dies. Clearly personal safety is not something that ranks high on the list of a Jackass star. He probably had an ego, he probably thought all those crazy stunts he filmed made him invincible, and so he treated his friend's life, and the lives of all those around him, with as much respect as he treated his own. As someone who's seen every episode/movie of Jackass/Viva La Bam/WildBoyz/whatever spinoff show MTV decided to produce, you see it all the time, especially from the Viva La Bam crew (Bam/Dunn/interchangeable extras). They're a bunch of stupid assholes who got rich for acting like stupid assholes. His death isn't tragic, it's Darwinism.

Case in point.

Last edited:
Actually, I would call anyone an asshole who did what he did.

But you don't. People die in car accidents every day. The reason you are calling this particular man an asshole is because he is a celebrity. I didn't say he's never driven drunk before. What I said was: it's not your place to speculate.

He probably had an ego, he probably thought all those crazy stunts he filmed made him invincible, and so he treated his friend's life, and the lives of all those around him, with as much respect as he treated his own.

You should write a treaty on Dunn's psychological state prior to the accident. Your insight into the presumably troubled mind of a man you've never met, based entirely on his television appearances, is remarkable. Seriously.

As someone who's seen every episode/movie of Jackass/Viva La Bam/WildBoyz/whatever spinoff show MTV decided to produce, you see it all the time, especially from the Viva La Bam crew (Bam/Dunn/interchangeable extras). They're a bunch of stupid assholes who got rich for acting like stupid assholes. His death isn't tragic, it's Darwinism.

So I take it you're a big fan of these guys, who are "stupid assholes" that deserve to die?

In other words you directly advocate the behavior you are criticizing?

But you don't. People die in car accidents every day. The reason you are calling this particular man an asshole is because he is a celebrity. I didn't say he's never driven drunk before. What I said was: it's not your place to speculate.

You're right, my sentiments are predicated entirely upon whether or not I express them verbally. That's stupid. I have an aversion towards all people who play with other people's lives. Also, my "speculation" turned out to be accurate. Shocking.

You should write a treaty on Dunn's psychological state prior to the accident. Your insight into the presumably troubled mind of a man you've never met, based entirely on his television appearances, is remarkable. Seriously.

Let's be honest, it takes a particular sort of attention whoring, idiotic individual to base his entire career around acting like a 'Jackass'. It's not some deep psychological mystery, it's blatantly obvious.

So I take it you're a big fan of these guys, who are "stupid assholes" that deserve to die?

In other words you directly advocate the behavior you are criticizing?

–verb (used with object)
to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly.

Clearly, that's not what I'm doing. The shows have been around for years, I've always found Dickhouse programming to be funny, but I'm not stupid, they're all irresponsible morons. It would be fine if they could keep that behavior limited to the show, but clearly (if you watched the video i posted), that's not the case.

Calm down, Frank.

He didn't murder anyone. He accidentally killed his friend in a drunken car accident. The passenger chose to get in the car with him. It was stupid and irresponsible (on both their parts), yes, but calling him a murderer?

What you're saying is far worse than what Ebert said.

The difference is pretty fucking obvious, dude. Regardless of how irresponsible or idiotic you may think his actions were, it was an accident. He didn't intend to kill anyone.

He didn't intend to kill anyone? Unless the man had an IQ of 60, he had to know that driving 130 mph while drunk was going to end in a fatality. Would anyone here drive 130 mph while drunk? Anyone at all?
The only reason you are calling him an asshole and Frank is calling him a murderer is because "he made people LOL in those Jackass movies".
I know I buried the hatchet with you earlier, but don't ever presume to know why I posted anything. I could care less what the guy's celebrity status was. In fact, until his accident, I'd never even heard of the guy. Where do you even get that the reason I said what I said is because "he made people LOL in those Jackass movies"? It's juvenile comments like that which make it hard to take a lot of your posts seriously and as anything more than trolling. Here's the definition of the word accident:

An accident is a specific, unpredictable, unusual and unintended external action which occurs in a particular time and place, with no apparent and deliberate cause but with marked effects.

Unpredictable? No. That would imply that there's no way he could have known that driving a car 130 mph while drunk would most likely end in disaster.

Unusual? No. Drunk driving fatalities average around 18,000 per year. 18,000 people who would be alive today if the idiots who decided to drink and drive hadn't gotten behind the wheel.

Unintended? Maybe. No one knows what was going through his mind before he did what he did. What I do know is that as adults, we all have this thing called common sense. Common sense is what prevents me from getting behind the wheel in the first place. Common sense is what tells me, "Hey. You're fucked up at the moment. If you drive right now, you are at a very high risk of wrecking your car!" Common sense would never allow me to do 130 mph, even if I was foolish enough to drive drunk.

Your defense of drunk drivers is disturbing, to say the least. The entire basis of Bluelight is harm prevention. Now I'm not going to get into a debate over this with you. There's no point. In no way, shape or form are you going to even remotely see your point of view on this nor I you. Everyone that has ever gotten behind the wheel drunk knows how dangerous it is. Knows that their actions have a high risk of resulting in a wreck. Not an accident, a wreck. Yet, they selfishly chose to do so anyway, not giving a damn about the consequences. Their lack of concern for the safety of everyone else on the road is equal to my lack of concern for theirs.

I don't think stupidity should be an excuse for one's actions. He was twice the legal limit and went tooling around in his sports car. Sure, he never intended to kill anyone, but drunk drivers never do 'intend' to kill anyone, it just happens. The only reason people are giving this guy sympathy is because he made them LOL in those Jackass movies. If this had been any random person, no one would be giving him sympathy, people would be angry that this asshole put the lives of the public at risk. Chances are, given what he does for a living, this wasn't his first time driving recklessly while intoxicated, either. He's probably done this shit hundreds of times and just gotten lucky up until then. It sucks that death was his punishment for his behavior, but he absolutely had it coming.

This post made the most sense hands down n i totally agree.
Many ppl are only mourning him cuz he was popular n they liked him.
But what of the unknown bodies laying in mass graves that goes unnoticed??
Besides the understandable lament of the loss of ANY human life, i offer no more sympathy than to the man who gets smashed on meth n accidentally shoots his wife as she enters the door cuz he thought she was a burglar.

On a lighter note, take it up your rectal area if you chose, what if Steve-O is the only one of the group to die of old age??

I really hate to see famous actors/comedians/musicians die in incredibly stupid ways that are 100% avoidable.

But it's always fucking someone on this message board.
consider that, if you find that your interactions on bluelight are frequently characterized by disharmony and animosity, there is one common factor. :)

alasdair

His estate could certainly be sued by the passenger's surviving family. He would be charged with voluntary manslaughter had he survived. The drinking establishment he left from could also be held liable with the Dram Shop act for allowing an intoxicated patron to leave in his own vehicle (should have called a cab for him).

I have had 2 DUIs (both dismissed by the way) so I have a little sympathy.

Edit:

hey beavis look at my posts number huh huh huh (was 420 when I said that)

Last edited:
Two things we can all agree on:

1. Lets not drive after spending that much time at a bar.
2. Lets not drive that fast in our cars.

:)