• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Iv meth and pregnancy

It's disgusting to value drugs over children.
Does the child deserve to be born retarded because of her mom couldn't discipline herself?
"Get off the drugs now" ok did you not read the part that says I AM DETOXING. WTF does your dumbass think detoxing means? Jesus Christ. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I immediately began weaning and then quit completely. I'm on day 3 of zero opiates. I have my 1st doc appointment Friday and just wasn't sure if it would be out of my system by then which is why i asked all the questions I did. You're really fucking retarded for telling someone that says they're detoxing to get off drugs now. I ask again, tf do you think detoxing means?

And why in the fuck did the woman who commented before me say she went through the same thing I'm going though and no one bats an eye? Or fuck OP who said she knowingly used meth while pregnant and NO ONE BATS AN EYE. But i come on here as someone who has been prescribed pain killers and got myself down from 100 mg a day to 5 mg of hydro a day 3 weeks after I found out I was pregnant and now am down to NOTHING yet I am dragged. Tf is really wrong with yall?!
I was really rude in that response and I apologize. Just frustrated. I get and respect your concerns just wish ya'll would thoroughly read things before commenting.

What are you angry for? I was on doctor prescribed opiates and got pregnant. It happens to many women. The ones you should be mad at are the ones who do not get off of the opiates but instead continue to use their whole pregnancy and birth babies that are forced to go through withdrawals. I am literally doing everything by the book. I will leave you alone though because you are either completely uneducated on the topic so you don't understand what I'm saying or you're just a dick who refuses to admit when they're wrong. I'm thinking its the latter. You're fucking ignorant either way.

I believe you're doing the right thing. You were on a prescribed medication, got pregnant, talked to your doctor and started getting off opiates. Going through acute opioid WD can hurt the fetus pretty badly IIRC, a medically supervised taper is the right thing to do.

Using meth is a different thing though (I know it wasn't your case, I'm just clarifying), people who are doing that should immediately stop at least for the duration of the pregnancy, the WDs are mostly psychological and abusing meth is very bad for the future child...
As hard as it might be, it's just 9 months of abstinence vs the whole life of your child IMO.

I see women who use meth while pregnant as sub-humans. Their children will be ones too, thanks to their abuse.

I don’t know why people think a woman can magically quit her addiction the second she finds out she is pregnant. Although wilfully taking drugs while pregnant is morally repugnant and getting pregnant while on drugs is near criminally negligent, we’ve all done terrible things while on drugs. The best that can be expected is the woman does everything in her power to quit as early as possible in the pregnancy (or possibly terminate if she is aware early enough and cannot quit).

I think some of the abuse hurled in this thread towards a woman in a near crisis situation is over the top and unworthy of BL. She had one smoke while pregnant, realised her mistake and openly came here for some guidance. I hope all the critics have never had a weak moment or a relapse.

I apologize, and hope you detox and all is well. My girlfriend works in the NICU where drug users leave their drug addicted babies for weeks in the hospital to deal with their negligence while they go and bang dope, meth and smoke crack.

Personally being afflicted by drug and alcohol abuse as a defenseless baby, I think if I ever see a pregnant woman drinking or using drugs I will knock her the fuck out. I don't care if it's a woman, I will full on Mike Tyson that bitch

I apologize, and hope you detox and all is well. My girlfriend works in the NICU where drug users leave their drug addicted babies for weeks in the hospital to deal with their negligence while they go and bang dope, meth and smoke crack.

Personally being afflicted by drug and alcohol abuse as a defenseless baby, I think if I ever see a pregnant woman drinking or using drugs I will knock her the fuck out. I don't care if it's a woman, I will full on Mike Tyson that bitch
I have some experience. I strangled a bitch who was pregnant and decided to do speed. It was maybe my child. Maybe.
Real men don't hit ladies, but when it comes to whores without morals it's all good.

Please no judgement..
I relapsed after 2 months meth free and I am 12 weeks pregnant. What is going to happen to the baby after this and will 1 use while pregnant effect the baby after she's born ?
Something isnt adding up for me. You relapsed after 2 months (that’s 8 weeks) clean; and you are 12 weeks pregnant. So were you using the first 4 weeks you were pregnant? If so, that’s not 1 time use...
no judgement here either. Facts are important though.

They love to make excuses and lie to make their problems sound smaller. They believe the stuff even themselves to make themselves feel better.
Hopefully she did an abort.
She has not been answering for a while.

you guys were pretty tough on AshleaRed.
Contraception is not 100%

This girl (woman) has an opiate habit and then found out she was pregnant and was detoxing herself. It is incredibly danger to go cold turkey off opiates when pregnant. This situation is waaay different than the original OP who knowingly USED drugs while already being pregnant.
You guys berated her pretty fucking bad....
I don’t think that’s right.

you guys were pretty tough on AshleaRed.
Contraception is not 100%

This girl (woman) has an opiate habit and then found out she was pregnant and was detoxing herself. It is incredibly danger to go cold turkey off opiates when pregnant. This situation is waaay different than the original OP who knowingly USED drugs while already being pregnant.
You guys berated her pretty fucking bad....
I don’t think that’s right.
I wasn't directing my messages to her.
Opiates aren't as harsh to babies as stimulants and she did exactly as she should if she wishes to keep the baby.
I respect her decision on that.
I should have been more specific.