• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction IV help/advice

@Keif' Richards do you get any circulation problems or tingly/pins and needles (no pun intended lol) areas? How long have you been that way if you don't mind me asking?

so maybe by this evening I can have better luck!

Not long enough break for your arms yet bro. Keep away from the areas you've been using. I know it's hard and the urge to just 'ah ill jus give it one try' can make all the difference in the healing time or collapsing of those veins.

Plan ahead where you intend to go.
Legs? Feet? Hands? Can you get your friend to help tonight? Do you have fresh needles?

Not long enough break for your arms yet bro. Keep away from the areas you've been using. I know it's hard and the urge to just 'ah ill jus give it one try' can make all the difference in the healing time or collapsing of those veins.

Plan ahead where you intend to go.
Legs? Feet? Hands? Can you get your friend to help tonight? Do you have fresh needles?
I am picking up fresh needles, I'm avoiding my arm I hurt and going to try plenty of water and tie off good which is one part I skip at times but if I don't get it I'm not going to keep diggin all my veins in my arm I'm going to try my leg!

@Cfmk20 just remember to release the tie before/as you shoot 👍
As said in that big guide, best to hold the tightness with your teeth..
Or get your friend to grasp your arm, I've never really used a tie but I've had friends grasp my arm while I got a pump and registered and then let go as I shot 💉

I am picking up fresh needles, I'm avoiding my arm I hurt and going to try plenty of water and tie off good which is one part I skip at times but if I don't get it I'm not going to keep diggin all my veins in my arm I'm going to try my leg!
Also relax, because tensing up just makes it harder. You can always plug the shot 😊

@Cfmk20 just remember to release the tie before/as you shoot 👍
As said in that big guide, best to hold the tightness with your teeth..
Or get your friend to grasp your arm, I've never really used a tie but I've had friends grasp my arm while I got a pump and registered and then let go as I shot 💉
I do help hold someone as they shoot, never had someone hold me while I did it tho I've been able to get it before without the tie or I'd hold and someone help push it. it's so irritating not being able to get it 💯 on my own without messing up which I think was my problem I kept wanting to retry and retry. Clear mind today! Patience lol

@Cfmk20 i meant get someone to hold your arm not hold the rig. Like with both hands completely around making a ring squeezing hard above where you want to hit as you pump your fist, basically using their hands as a tourniquet.

Saying 'ok let go' as you shoot is sometimes easier/simpler than releasing the tourniquet. Unless you're literally holding it in your teeth, but I've seen friends hold it in their teeth, register, let go, shoot and then have to quickly grab it and release/unwrap it by hand as it's been squeezed on too tight/top long for simply letting go to actually release it, if you know what I mean.

Good luck anyway, let us know how you do when you come back on.

@Cfmk20 i meant get someone to hold your arm not hold the rig. Like with both hands completely around making a ring squeezing hard above where you want to hit as you pump your fist, basically using their hands as a tourniquet.

Saying 'ok let go' as you shoot is sometimes easier/simpler than releasing the tourniquet. Unless you're literally holding it in your teeth, but I've seen friends hold it in their teeth, register, let go, shoot and then have to quickly grab it and release/unwrap it by hand as it's been squeezed on too tight/top long for simply letting go to actually release it, if you know what I mean.

Good luck anyway, let us know how you do when you come back on.
I bet I was super confusing, I have been someone's tourniquet for them to shoot, never had someone do it for me that way after trying and failing I have had someone inject me while I held my arm. I will be back later!! Hopefully today goes better

@Keif' Richards do you get any circulation problems or tingly/pins and needles (no pun intended lol) areas? How long have you been that way if you don't mind me asking?

Ask and ye shall receive. First, I dont think I experience the tingling that you're describing. Second, I stopped injecting several years ago. At that time, I had two usable veins left on my arms.

I gave blood a couple of times, and unfortunately, the large guage needle ended up killing my veins for good. So, several years I've been like this.

The cool thing is that I have definitely "recovered" some veins. I do not fully understand the science behind this phenomenon, but I know a lot of folks who have recovered veins after a period of abstinence.

@Keif' Richards the last statement is defo cool to know. I really miss my big juicy bicep/forearm/wrist/hand veins I used to have. Especially looking at old photos. I had heard that lifting weights can SOMETIMES help bring collapsed veins back from the dead years down the line 👻💪

I think the phenomenon is just how amazing the human body actually is it repairing itself, given the right fuel/conditions. Maybe the strenuous exercise ie heavy weight lifting would FORCE blood back through the collapsed vein opening it back up?

Unsure about the tingling feeling I get. Not too worried about it - as it goes away when I straighten my arm. I'm guessing its the few veins I have left on the inside being 'clamped' by my arm when in certain positions stopping almost all/all of the blood flow to certain areas.
I suppose the only worrying thing could be if I slept for a long period of time with them in said position without realizing and cut off the blood flow for multiple hours 🤔

In one of my collapsed outer crook veins (not viable and feels like a hard piece of string) I swear I can still feel a slight pulse? Am I confused

OP are you alive?

Your commentary on weight lifting actually goes beyond just speculation. When muscles are used, they require more blood etc. to function and strengthen the muscles through tear and repair.

Someone with medical knowledge please chime in, but I believe the body can spontaneously generate new tributary veins when needed, like when other veins have been destroyed or otherwise injured due to IV injections.

I just think that these tributary veins are often too small to be easily accessed.

Your commentary on weight lifting actually goes beyond just speculation. When muscles are used, they require more blood etc. to function and strengthen the muscles through tear and repair.

Someone with medical knowledge please chime in, but I believe the body can spontaneously generate new tributary veins when needed, like when other veins have been destroyed or otherwise injured due to IV injections.

I just think that these tributary veins are often too small to be easily accessed.
I have also heard that the body will generate additional veins when required, which makes sense because very large people (muscular or obese) have more tissue to pump blood to.

Hey all!! I meant to come back on yesterday BUT I did have good luck, I used a slightly higher dose of H than I ever have & I finally slept a while. I only had to try twice and didn't miss at all. I can't thank y'all enough for the advice. I do have a question tho! Anyone else use H? I much prefer meth but I was out and I've stayed up a lot so H helped me sleep and shit. Is there a way to help with not getting so sick? I didn't eat for a few days and had nothing on my stomach I still got extremely sick.

Hey all!! I meant to come back on yesterday BUT I did have good luck, I used a slightly higher dose of H than I ever have & I finally slept a while. I only had to try twice and didn't miss at all. I can't thank y'all enough for the advice. I do have a question tho! Anyone else use H? I much prefer meth but I was out and I've stayed up a lot so H helped me sleep and shit. Is there a way to help with not getting so sick? I didn't eat for a few days and had nothing on my stomach I still got extremely sick.
I am glad you had an easier time, no one wants the frustrating experience of feeling like a pin cushion. You're starting to get the hang of it. It will go a lot easier when you've got a bit of confidence and don't have to rely on others for your shot.

I don't use H, but anytime my stomach is upset I use a lot of ginger.

Confidence and not relying on help is 2 big things I have to work on! I'm going to try and get some ginger ale and try it. I'm still sick to my stomach I don't want to do more and get worse lol. Or do more and it may fix it 🤔