• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction IV help/advice

Cfmk20

Bluelighter
I've never tried reaching out for help/tips before, or ever talk about this at all but I'm kind of at a loss. I use IV heroin & meth. I've never had this much trouble before and today I've ended up missing 3 times after trying basically every vein in both my arms & had zero luck with any of them. Those that use this method what helps you?? Anything I can try would be greatly appreciated.

One second there's a bunch of info right around us, I'm just looking for the link someone will prob beat me to it

Your next best option at this point might be to plug your shot. It’ll work for the meth within a few minutes but I’m not sure about the heroin.

Also were they together? You missed with the meth or h? Where on your body? Is it swollen. H absorbs easier into your muscles easier but meth burns like shit and can get worse with repeated use. So probably first step is no more shots for awhile. And figure out how bad the misses were

Yo straight up just eat that shit if you've shot so many times recently and missed. Stay out them arms, I'm telling you. Snort it, smoke it, give your veins a break.

Figure out technique at other time. Is there any swelling at your misses and how long ago was it?

Can't you find veins anywhere else? Like in your hands? Wrists? Legs? Feet?
I've been in the same position as you are now, the important thing is that I've learnt the hard way is if you keep prodding around trying to register in your arms while they are sore/healing then them veins will never come back.
RIP my arm veins 😢 I miss them so much now they're gone.
If you can't find more veins, like others have said, find a different ROA. Up the ass or nose or in the lungs for a week or 2 while your veins heal.
Don't collapse those veins I can't describe how shit I feel about not having any left in my arms, or how annoying it is

I did take a break for a little while bc I knew I needed it I had tried coke also so after all of that I took a break & I stay hydrated all I drink is water. Yesterday I started back H makes me really sick so I limit it, me personally I prefer meth over any other drug I've used but it's been very hard to get so I used H instead it did stop up on me and I forced it anyway (lesson learned- never again!) After that I finally got meth & I used right above where I forced H previously. I was able to catch it very quickly bc that hurts pretty bad. Tiny knot on it. But today I have zero clue why I couldn't tell I missed my meth shot it is very sore and has a knot. I tried H to wind down and sleep for the night and no vein worked finally got one that I thought was good and it missed too it doesn't hurt near as bad as the meth miss

Also collapsed veins I'm finding really fuck up your circulation (who woulda thought it)
My hands/fingers go and stay numb very easily and forearms get numb tingly patches now when I sit or lie or have them bent in a certain position. Doesn't feel good lol. And that's going to be FOR LIFE. I'm only early 30s ffs...

I think you defo need to smoke/snort/plug/eat while the veins heal and misses go down.

I've read you can IM the H if prepared and filtered properly and this will fulfill your needle fixation/ritual in the meanwhile if you need to.

Can't you find veins anywhere else? Like in your hands? Wrists? Legs? Feet?
I've been in the same position as you are now, the important thing is that I've learnt the hard way is if you keep prodding around trying to register in your arms while they are sore/healing then them veins will never come back.
RIP my arm veins 😢 I miss them so much now they're gone.
If you can't find more veins, like others have said, find a different ROA. Up the ass or nose or in the lungs for a week or 2 while your veins heal.
Don't collapse those veins I can't describe how shit I feel about not having any left in my arms, or how annoying it is
I have been so frustrated with myself over it! I gave them a break let it heal, all I have been able to get is H & it's just to help slightly with cravings bc H makes me really sick I haven't tried any other places which I could possibly try my feet. I've tried hot showers and everything.

@Cfmk20 do you have anyone to help you inject? I've heard it's easier to get someone to do it for you in your feet, I think I tried once in the middle of a K binge but don't think I had any luck. There is some big veins there though, but I think they're all rollers, so ideally you need an extra hand to either hold it in place or you do the holding and they do the shooting. I'm sure you can master it yourself I'm sure many people do but I've heard it's tricky and also can be sore the first few times (kinda like how the hand is sore, well it was for street ket injections anyway)

There is nothing more you will achieve from IV I believe. Especially if you don't give yourself a long break, your circulatory system ain't even gonna bother giving you any rush cause your just gonna keep missing and poking yourself until your body hurts. I mean, that's how I got if I kept going after missing three times. Tweak hands aren't conducive to hitting shots.

Eat that meth, snort/smoke the h. If you get decent shit you will be sufficiently high. And you'll get to keep more veins and maybe even be able to IV once in a blue moon if you don't proceed to shred yourself up right now.

Sorry I just wasted most of my left arm in a worthless stupor over weeks/months and regret it so I'd hate to see it happen to you. Is serious business and if you absolutely have to definitely get someone to help if you're having trouble. And research techniques to get better and know what veins you're looking at.

Dafuq that IV guide at lol I'm trying to find it

Last edited:
Also a miss in the foot is the slowest to heal, can really sideline you. And if you do IV anything stick to H, meth will fuck you up so quick. Sorry I'm not really sure how much experience you have but if you don't have much I would really set all the gear aside and do some reading and find some kind of helper. Some people pick it up right away, others like myself just keep rippin jabbin away and missing. Getting mad. Trying again. And so on.

After you miss shots, especially meth you need to quickly try and get warmth to area you missed to help it absorb into the vein.

And then if you've got next day swelling from poking around too much, put some ice on your boo boos. If they spooky looking or like abscesses get to a doctor it's usually just a matter of getting some antibiotics

Just assuming you're pretty new so just read all of this shit completely and reach out to any of us if you need help.

I've never tried reaching out for help/tips before, or ever talk about this at all but I'm kind of at a loss. I use IV heroin & meth. I've never had this much trouble before and today I've ended up missing 3 times after trying basically every vein in both my arms & had zero luck with any of them. Those that use this method what helps you?? Anything I can try would be greatly appreciated.
This may not be what you want to hear Cfmk, and I apologize if someone has already covered these bases, but maybe you should give IV a break for a bit?

Have you been using heavily the past few days? Maybe more than usual? After a few day run, dehydration can make it really difficult to hit your veins. Smoking and being cold, lack of physical activity can all cause your veins to be difficult to hit.

When I have this problem, I drink a glass of water or two, eat a lite snack and take a nice hot shower. When you get out of the shower, do a few push-ups and swing your arm a bit to get the blood flowing good.

Make sure your room is warm and try with a fresh needle. Maybe you need to take a break from your arms and hit your leg or plug your shot.

There is a vein that runs on top of your forearm, it is very bouncy and squishy, there is a good vein in your hand that runs beside the thumb. Also, my favorite leg vein is on the left leg, it is above the knee on the left side of the thigh.

Press a flashlight against your skin, you'll see two small veins turn into 1 big vein. It is deeper but definitely hittable, it has never let me down

Last edited: