• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction IV help/advice

That article with the red subtitles helped me loads before I've read it about 5 times over my period of IV. OP make sure you read it.

@LadyAlkaline i need to try that flashlight method, I've never managed to hit my legs, always wanted to...

It is a great way to find new veins.
I think I just caught a glimpse of the ones you mean by using my phone flashlight. I do have a big maglight which I would use if I could be bothered to get out of bed (I have no drugs😂) . I could just about see them, but couldn't really feel them, although I have been lying down for a LONG time... I guess after a hot bath/shower and/or exercise you can feel them? I've never looked there for veins before only ever looked in my calf, found one but never managed to hit the cunt.
Do you hit those ones with a 1ml? I don't know the specs of the gauges/lengths but here in UK for the 2ml/3ml barrels we get a choice or orange blue or green screw on heads, orange is thinnest and what I use for IV mainly. It's thicker than a 1ml, blue is what I've used for IM. I think green is the same thickness as blue but longer...

Thank you all so much for your help!! This place is for sure amazing and yes I've gotten so mad for missing and frustrated with myself thankfully I do have someone to hit it for me literally only one person would actually help and stop me from hurting myself. New yes haven't been doing it very long, still learning & finally learning like my veins and which ones are tricky etc I've been so iffy on even trying to reach out for extra help and learn more bc there is literally no one around me that would actually educate just judge hardcore so I'm glad you all actually helped 💞

Tourniquet, tie up and start flexing your hand into a fist over and over

I think I just caught a glimpse of the ones you mean by using my phone flashlight. I do have a big maglight which I would use if I could be bothered to get out of bed (I have no drugs😂) . I could just about see them, but couldn't really feel them, although I have been lying down for a LONG time... I guess after a hot bath/shower and/or exercise you can feel them? I've never looked there for veins before only ever looked in my calf, found one but never managed to hit the cunt.
Do you hit those ones with a 1ml? I don't know the specs of the gauges/lengths but here in UK for the 2ml/3ml barrels we get a choice or orange blue or green screw on heads, orange is thinnest and what I use for IV mainly. It's thicker than a 1ml, blue is what I've used for IM. I think green is the same thickness as blue but longer...
I just hit it with a typical insulin syringe, 1ml 5/16 if im not mistaken. I haven't been able to feel those veins, I don't know if you could.
Go with the smaller needle

@Cfmk20 Yeah it's the right place to be for you. Definitely perfect blend of tweakers and heads here. Ask any of them though for good advice cause I suck at it, and gonna keep saying the same shit cause iving ain't worth it on a daily, it never lasts and we'd like to keep you around.

@Cfmk20 Yeah it's the right place to be for you. Definitely perfect blend of tweakers and hdads here. Ask any of them though for good advice cause I suck at it, and gonna keep saying the same shit cause iving ain't worth it on a daily, it never lasts and we'd like to keep you around.
You're advice was great! You have no idea having absolutely no one you can even speak to about it to someone who you actually can without fear it's a major help. I know I really shouldn't do it daily & I really do try to forget about it, just way harder to just stop than I ever expected. My intention was only to see what it felt like that's it. Then it kind of lead to again & again as bad as I may sound it's more the needle than the actually dope that gets me. (Dope still pretty amazing) & this is the first real time I've ever actually missed a shot with meth this morning looking at it now its pretty rough as fuck. I prefer meth over any others I've done but luckily it's very scarce right now

Sounds a bit familiar. And I def got most the know-how I'm just a shaky mess. How's the miss look though? Not looking infected or got any red markings around it? Big lump?

Sounds a bit familiar. And I def got most the know-how I'm just a shaky mess. How's the miss look though? Not looking infected or got any red markings around it? Big lump?
Honestly first miss I've ever had I'm not sure how to tell but it is deff a hard red lump it's sore to the touch

Let's do some sleuthlin in that complications thread I posted on the last page but you're gonna wanna definitely get in the habit of taking care of those when they happen and afterwards.

I just went through that entire one and I bookmarked it so I can go back to it! I wish I knew it when it happened I would've done the steps. Hopefully it's just a miss it said give it 24 hrs and see so it's getting closer to that. I couldn't thank you enough!

Awesome, it's ok you didn't know it then. But you know it now and it's up to you to really do it. Take the rubbing alcohol shit very seriously, clean fresh gear all that. No excuses on the medical stuff you can find all of it, all of it, online yourself.

Don't skimp on proper procedure just cause you're sketching, paranoid, hiding it from so, or whatever. Fasted way to get infection's and abscesses, all that nasty jank

Awesome, it's ok you didn't know it then. But you know it now and it's up to you to really do it. Take the rubbing alcohol shit very seriously, clean fresh gear all that. No excuses on the medical stuff you can find all of it, all of it, online yourself.

Don't skimp on proper procedure just cause you're sketching, paranoid, hiding it from so, or whatever. Fasted way to get infection's and abscesses, all that nasty jank
That is one thing I've not done right at all. Normally rinse my stuff with bottled water I keep with me and that's it 😬 I mean I wash my hands and hygenic but that's been it. Hiding it is a very big thing for sure but I typically stay gone away from any one I try to hide it from so kind of less paranoid. Today is the first day I have ever checked this site out I'm so glad I did still learning how to find everything in it but it's definitely helping with things I've been fuckin up

Yeah any IV user would be lying if they said they aint used bottles. And those are all things I probably didn't do my first time as well, so I think you're off to a slightly better..... Start? Nah sike seriously one and don't fuck with it anymore 😁 and if you need any other pointers or those good threads they've put together, give me a shout

I for sure will! You've been awesome. I'm going to try and force myself to sleep now if I even can. That's what I get for fuckin up my last H shot 🙃

I just hit it with a typical insulin syringe, 1ml 5/16 if im not mistaken. I haven't been able to feel those veins, I don't know if you could.
Go with the smaller needle
Nice, that's what I wanted to hear.
Keeps me from doing 'too much' in a single shot and falling over lol. Plus leaves almost no marks. Brilliant. I have a load in my bag too.
Just no fucking gear right now, ffs 😒

As others have said, hydration is very important. You can also out a warm compress on the chosen area.

There does come a time when people run out of veins. I am this way. When I go to the hospital they have to use an ultrasound to find my veins.

I would highly recommend doing some research and experimentation regarding different routes of administration. You are likely to experience complications if you're missing 3 shots in a single day.

As others have said, hydration is very important. You can also out a warm compress on the chosen area.

There does come a time when people run out of veins. I am this way. When I go to the hospital they have to use an ultrasound to find my veins.

I would highly recommend doing some research and experimentation regarding different routes of administration. You are likely to experience complications if you're missing 3 shots in a single day.
I know I've drank a ton of water that's about all I've actually done. I haven't eaten in a couple/maybe few days so I ate some grapes and going to eat this morning and giving a rest so maybe by this evening I can have better luck!

I know I've drank a ton of water that's about all I've actually done. I haven't eaten in a couple/maybe few days so I ate some grapes and going to eat this morning and giving a rest so maybe by this evening I can have better luck!
Let us know how it goes and don't be a stranger