• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IV help/advice

Confidence and not relying on help is 2 big things I have to work on! I'm going to try and get some ginger ale and try it. I'm still sick to my stomach I don't want to do more and get worse lol. Or do more and it may fix it 🤔

Poppycock! Learning to be an effective and efficient drug user is by relying on help. Almost everyone I know who uses IV drugs has a similar story of being somehow educated by other users.

I didnt get on BL until I had been using Heroin for about 5 years. I was taught to inject by a toothless French-Canadian guy named Gerard. I won't get into it, but dont let strangers know where your place is if you dont have to.

In a way though, Gerard also taught me about the tenacity of drug addicts. After a few experiences he burned me for 100 bucks never to be seen again.

You can learn so much from resources like Bluelight; how drugs work, what is safe or dangerous etc. Being taught to perform IV injections is something that is best done in person. It is relatively simple, but some people maim themselves trying to no avail.

Poppycock! Learning to be an effective and efficient drug user is by relying on help. Almost everyone I know who uses IV drugs has a similar story of being somehow educated by other users.

I didnt get on BL until I had been using Heroin for about 5 years. I was taught to inject by a toothless French-Canadian guy named Gerard. I won't get into it, but dont let strangers know where your place is if you dont have to.

In a way though, Gerard also taught me about the tenacity of drug addicts. After a few experiences he burned me for 100 bucks never to be seen again.

You can learn so much from resources like Bluelight; how drugs work, what is safe or dangerous etc. Being taught to perform IV injections is something that is best done in person. It is relatively simple, but some people maim themselves trying to no avail.
Does heroin make you sick or use to? I haven't been using long and it makes me feel awful to a point. I have never shot up alone, I'm very skeptical about people tho there are a lot that does it around me but I have only done it with one person every time. Not being able to alone I guess makes me think I'm failing and it drives me crazy to where I try so much and then have no choice but to ask for help

@Cfmk20 when I've shot H+K before the H made me be sick one of the times. I've only injected it on 3 occasions.
But when I smoked it the first few times I was also sick from doing too much. I think it's just opiate sickness from not being tolerant.

Definitely try a lower dose.

Good to hear you had better luck. I was gona inject today but ended up getting drunk not scoring and throwing all my injecting gear away lol

@Cfmk20 when I've shot H+K before the H made me be sick one of the times. I've only injected it on 3 occasions.
But when I smoked it the first few times I was also sick from doing too much. I think it's just opiate sickness from not being tolerant.

Definitely try a lower dose.

Good to hear you had better luck. I was gona inject today but ended up getting drunk not scoring and throwing all my injecting gear away lol
I hate the sickness that comes with it, even just doing a 10 made me sick so yesterday I was like I'm going to get sick either way might as well make it worth it. I figured by now I wouldn't get sick I've shot it almost every day if not couple times a day for the past month. It's literally all that's around right now so I do it anyway. I haven't drank in a while! Kinda missing it tho

Also collapsed veins I'm finding really fuck up your circulation (who woulda thought it)
My hands/fingers go and stay numb very easily and forearms get numb tingly patches now when I sit or lie or have them bent in a certain position. Doesn't feel good lol. And that's going to be FOR LIFE. I'm only early 30s ffs...

I think you defo need to smoke/snort/plug/eat while the veins heal and misses go down.

I've read you can IM the H if prepared and filtered properly and this will fulfill your needle fixation/ritual in the meanwhile if you need to.
There's some pills thst can help you with your circulation! Calcium dobesilate, diosmin! You can take em.both at same Time to get better results

A lot of vein damage and veins that are not ideal ie legs can be avoided by the standard simple rules of

1) fresh/sterile rig
2) decent lighting/angle
3) hydrated blood supply
4) sit comfortably, the off, don't hurry.

It's hard in the moment to stop trying when it's not going well but the less you pin yourself the better.