• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

IV Drug Users Partying With You! Question

I was open about my IV use to a group of guys that lived on the floor of my dormitory. A few of them asked me if they could watch. All of them have neve seen it in person, and were curious because of all the negative stereotypes about it. They were shocked to hell that I could shoot heroin and stay in school. My room mate didn't have a problem with me doing it, just didn't watch. I think he liked my useage because whenever the shooting kit came out, the room was gonna be cleaned shortly after.

Another one of my good buddies gets totally grossed out even when I mention the word 'needle'. He left the room when I'd boot.

So for the most part, a majority of the people I told my little secret to, had an interesting curiosity about it. A small percentage hated it. But nobody didn't give a shit.

I suggest you keep it to bedrooms and bathrooms. You don't need someone vomiting when they see the blood enter the barrel.

BTW... I have NEVER stolen to support my habit. I would rather be sick than steal. I never let drugs change my morality. A friend of mine who's in rehab claims that I was never truly an addict because of that. Yet my ex girlfriend (also in rehab) think I'm an alcoholic because I drink 3 days a week.

Also.. don't completely nod out in front of people that are keen on smack. It worries a lot of people when you're breathing once every 5 seconds and your eyes and mouth are wide open like you're a dead fish.

This one girl even insisted on helping me shoot up by holding the belt in place.

What you should do is put on Pulp Fiction and when the injection scene comes on, say 'Doesn't that just look soooooo cool' and then pull out your works. 'Don't mind me, I want a hit'

i just recently became an iv user. before that, i'd never even seen a needle. since i started shooting, i've had various reactions when i tell people. some people don't blink an eye when i tell them, but when i told my ex girlfriend she started crying and begging me to go back to rehab, so, y'know. i basically started injecting by myself without anyone else doin it with me, but recently 2 friends were intrigued i s'pose, and decided to follow suit, which i feel bad about, cos i shouldn't be gettin' others shootin.
as for the thing about ivers stealin shit, the parties around here (part of LA area) are completely infested by wannabe gangsters whose parents make six, some probly seven digit figures. these guys drink 40s and smoke blunts, maybe some coke, but for sure no needles, and if you let a lot of em in yer house, i could guarantee you they'd trash everything and steal all the valuables, so there's disrespectful types in any group of people, so generalizing is no good.
peace

I'd be cool with it happening in my place, long as they were, like you said, using it responsibly and not leaving me any pointy needles lying round and shit.

But not in front of me. No way.

Nothing against it personally, I just hate the sight of needles, so I'd prolly leave the room.

I don't IV, and I'd consider perhaps in the future but I'm not too anxious to go out and try it, and since I'm not really that into opiates or for that matter meth/coke I doubt I'll ever really be IV'ing as part of my drug usage.

I don't mind people IVing drugs, as long as they don't leave needles lying around and do it properly. If someone came to my place and wanted to shoot up, I'd want them to do it in the bathroom or in my bedroom, just somewhere safe and quiet where they're not gonna be disturbed, distracted or wherever they'd be most comfortable; i wouldn't force them to do anything though. I'd probably watch, but only to make sure they were ok...i think that'd be the worst feeling to have some OD at your house

i only like to shoot up with other people doing the same. i prefer people to not watch me while i shoot anyways, for some reason i hit better unwatched. when you are with a few people shooting everyone is pre-occupied with what they are doing and aren't just sitting around watching you shoot.

i most certainly wouldn't let someone i didn't know shoot up in my apt, fuck if i wanna deal with them ODing.

even when im around a bunch of friends who know i shoot, i go in the other room or bathroom. for one, i think it might bother me more then (some of) them to be there. also, i have overdosed before and they worry about me so i think its rude to do it in their face.

I've never IV-ed drugs, but I probably will someday, as if it's done safely it just seems to be the best way to get your money's worth. And it isn't pro-drug propaganda to say that the social stigma causes people to dislike IV users. It's the damn truth, and all of us are affected by it. The way they portray IV users on TV, it's like "Oh, if they've gone that far they must be TOTALLY gone." It shows them shooting up in dark, dirty alleyways...

Has anyone seen the season of the Sopranos with Christopher on heroin? I thought that's a pretty good portrayal, although they do force him to go into rehab, he's pretty functional for most of the time. None of that dirty druggie stuff that you see in most other shows and movies.

Chubba75,

I love you and your addiction. =D =D

Fucking put shit in your arms, whatever, thats your business. fuck the fuckers who hate on it :p

once that sweet caine hit the veins, mmm* good

I certainly wouldn't mind someone shooting up at my place or a party or whatever. One of my best freinds is a junky and while he dosn't shoot it (yet) I trust him with my life. Why can't people see that it's the person who matters, not what drugs they choose to do or how they do them. The govornment and the cops WANT you to hate on the junkies, but they are people too!

Needles make me uncomfortable...period. I can, however, draw them up or inject with skill and ease. Just not into me. I feel lightheaded getting a flu shot. I would allow friends to shoot up in my home but I do not have to watch and I certainly could not judge. If it was an acquaintance and they asked if it was cool...go ahead. I appreciate etiquette. Be clean and use the sharps container.

I would let people shoot up at my house, just as long as it wasn't their first time, I don't want to deal with or be responsible for no newbie baggage.

If I am at someone elses house I just ask what they would prefer me to do and oblige with that, I wouldn't even bother considering banging up at someones house if they are all anti needles. When I do shoot around other people I dont really like it when they watch me. I dont care if there are others in the room just doing their thing but I get kind of nervous when people are actively looking at me, and it makes it hard to hit.

Some pretty conflicting views here, some i agree with, some i dont.

I will start by saying that i have never IV'd a drug and hope to never do it, because i dont want to do the drugs that are normally IV'd as i see them as being more addictive than other ones, general i know, i do have a bit of a fear of needles and also see IVing as pretty hard core i dont want my drug use to ever go like that.

At the same time i think its cool if people want to do it. From the reading i have dont, here and other sites, i understand that it is an extremely safe method of administration, just like others with snort, smoke or eat their drugs, taking them Intra-Veiniously is just another method of doing it.

Personally i suppose if i was at a party and someone got out their stuff and started to do their thing i would be a little uncomfortable, but most of all i think it would be pretty rude of someone to do that everyone knows, including IV users that there is a social stigma attacted to doing it and many people would be pretty uncomfortable by it. I have no objections to it, though others would.

Witnessing someone take their drug the way they feel comfortable doing it, in this case IVing is something i would like to do, i feel it would clear some of the stigma that is attached to it from me, make me feel better about it by seeing it be done.

So in conclusion i feel that anyone who has said anything strongly against it, or in that case strongly for doing it in the open of a party, should think about what they say and how they judge people. You do your thing and let others do theirs. You dont like to be made to feel uncomfortable when you do your thing do you?

For me, as I have never met many IV users (have some as friends but they don't use smack anymore), so I have never seen one shoot up in front of me. If it was my house, I would expect a user to ask me, just as I would expect them to ask me about most of the drugs they were planning on taking in front of me/at my party. It isn't a big deal, but if someone doesn't offer me a drug at my house when they are taking it at my house, I would be offended. It's simply courtesy, and I would do similar in their situation. I would most likely let the IV user shoot up, but it would all depend on the mood of the party as to where it happened. In other words, how hard are the rest of us partying (what are we on)? If its just pot/alcohol, it would obviously be done in a more secluded manner than if we were on more substansive substances.

Bad experience, let-down by mate that IV's.

Ok, I don't mean to generalise here. I know the same degenerate qualities are not present in all people that IV, but... it's from personal experience that I will never ever trust a person that IV's, (with the exception of one person, who I know extremely well.) especially when it comes to using at my house.

Let me tell you this one really bad, fucked up experience I had encountered recently from a person I thought I trusted. I mean... this person looks, smells and even talks clean. Even to look at him, you would doubt that he is an IV user he looks and acts that clean. But this very person had let me down a great deal.

Anyways... so here goes:- After bumping into a mate in Melbourne city, I had later found out that he had nowhere else to stay, after losing his job (working for a drug rehabilitation clinic, ironic I know...) he kindly asked if he could stay at my house for a couple of days... until he organised some shit.

Well, me hearing that he was sleeping in his car for the past couple of weeks or so, in the city, I decided it wasn't at all that bad of a thing to have a "friend" stay over, so long as he agreed with me that shooting drugs inside my very house was not a very welcome idea.

Anyways... I told the guy he could "fix up riggs" in my toilet... that was downstairs, outside in the garage. Now I chose this very place for a good reason... I live with my Grandparents and I thought Isolating him and his habit as far away from my grandparents would be a more than logical and "nice" thing to do.

So... here another friend (lives with me) and myself are, sitting on the couch in the lounge-room, with my Grandad and all (Gramps is extremely strict, especially where drug usage is concerned) watching a bit of television, chatting, etc...
We notice my friend (that IV's) has been fucking ages in the bathroom/toilet and my friend (that doesn't IV/lives with me) whispers to me that he thinks Christian (the IV user guy) has been using and is nodding off in the toilet, etc...

Now... I'm a fairly decent bloke and all, so I like to give people the benefit of the doubt... so me, being the top guy and all tell my friend to stop jumping to negative conclusions and stuff.

Christian (Yes, the "IV-user-guy"), comes out scratching the shit out of his face and barely able to hold the wink of an eye open, sits down on the couch and starts nodding off, in front of my Gramps.

Now at this point, it's all good and all, because my Grandad hasn't "caught on" to our junky friend.

My other friend whispers to me, "He definately went in their to whack up, it's plain and simply how obvious it is!!", me??? I still give Christian the benefit of the doubt.

Now, after we provided free food, drink, washing machine/drying machine, entertainment (and... not to my knowledge at the time, a fucking shooting gallery) we haven't heard from our good friend Christian at all, no thanks, no nothing. And!!! Better yet, my grandmother finds a paper bag full of new and used syringes... and a whole heap of blood-stains on the side of the toilet.

It is this very reason, I will never ever!! ever!! ever!! have another IV user in my house, ever again.
(Ohh, and by the way, I asked Christian if he used in my bathroom, just to clear things up, before he went to bed. And he looked be dead-shot in the eye and said, "No man, I used before I got here.)

Well, sorry for the long reply and shit!! But I saw a few people complaining about why there is such a bad stigma associated needles/syringes. I personally think it's stories like these that have made things the way they are. (I don't IV, never have, never will! But in no way persecute anyone for the decisions they make in life.) :\

psychetool said:
I think it's way gross, no way I would stick around and watch them pump poison. Call it social stigma or whatever I just think it's a dangerous and gross method of administration.

If anyone was shooting anything in my house i'd kick them out the door as soon as I found out. This might be insensitive but it is an activity I simply don't approve of and would not allow to happen in my home.

8(

this coming from a guy who prolly "smokz phat bluntz" and "dropz killR pillz" all the time...

now i don't know anything about you, but odds are you probably smoke marijuana(just playing the odds here;) )or have smoked marijuana. well, smoking is much more offensive to me because it exposes the people around you to this nasty carcinogenic substance known as smoke. what if those people didn't want to breathe in the smoke from your weed(or even cigarette for that matter)? Realistically, IVing is a much more considerate method of administration imo, and i have always found most IV drug users are very kind, considerate people, and most of all they're fucking humans, why do people treat them differently?

now i'm not an IV drug user, and I do smoke marijuana. I was simply using some of those things as examples. i didn't mean to seem like an asshole either, it's just that the intolerance of that post made me sick to my stomach.

kicking an IV drug user out of your house because they IV drugs is like kicking a black person out of your house for being black, it just doesn't make sense...

I have no problems with IV users, as long as they clean up and don't act like a fucking moron.

Dr. McBudstoke said:
8(

this coming from a guy who prolly "smokz phat bluntz" and "dropz killR pillz" all the time...

now i don't know anything about you, but odds are you probably smoke marijuana(just playing the odds here;) )or have smoked marijuana. well, smoking is much more offensive to me because it exposes the people around you to this nasty carcinogenic substance known as smoke. what if those people didn't want to breathe in the smoke from your weed(or even cigarette for that matter)? Realistically, IVing is a much more considerate method of administration imo, and i have always found most IV drug users are very kind, considerate people, and most of all they're fucking humans, why do people treat them differently?

now i'm not an IV drug user, and I do smoke marijuana. I was simply using some of those things as examples. i didn't mean to seem like an asshole either, it's just that the intolerance of that post made me sick to my stomach.

kicking an IV drug user out of your house because they IV drugs is like kicking a black person out of your house for being black, it just doesn't make sense...

No, kicking an IV drug user out of your house is like kicking a junky out of your house, because most of them are.

Honestly, there's a fine line between open minded acceptance and blindness, and I think you're crossing it here. Smoking pot infront of other people is fine because, guess what, if they're sitting right there they'll be smoking too. I don't think some IV user is going to share with everyone who's sitting around him, and even if he did I doubt they'd want any. Plus there's the little fact that smoking a bowl doesn't involve stabbing a needle into your arm or getting blood all over everything.

Get a clue.

WNB said:
No, kicking an IV drug user out of your house is like kicking a junky out of your house, because most of them are.

Honestly, there's a fine line between open minded acceptance and blindness, and I think you're crossing it here. Smoking pot infront of other people is fine because, guess what, if they're sitting right there they'll be smoking too. I don't think some IV user is going to share with everyone who's sitting around him, and even if he did I doubt they'd want any. Plus there's the little fact that smoking a bowl doesn't involve stabbing a needle into your arm or getting blood all over everything.

Get a clue.

unless you're a fucking moron, you're not gunna "get blood all over everything". in my house, i rather have somone quietly shooting up somewhere than blowing smoke in my face...

WNB said:
kicking an IV drug user out of your house is like kicking a junky out of your house, because most of them are.

flame this man.

flame0.jpg

Dr. McBudstoke said:
unless you're a fucking moron, you're not gunna "get blood all over everything". in my house, i rather have somone quietly shooting up somewhere than blowing smoke in my face...

Great, as I said previously I don't give a shit if you go shoot up somewhere quietly, just don't do it infront of me. I don't think I'm alone when I say that a needle ruins the atmosphere while a bowl does not.