• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

IV Drug Users Partying With You! Question

Well having people out in your living room shooting up creates even more of stigma. Which will in turn rub off on the people around them. Being discrete about it creates less of stigma. The stigma never seems to be going down or away either, so it's best to take the lesser evil here. Least I think so.

The way I see it is, the stories people will tell of that night may or may not include IV users. But when they do, anyone who hears it will associate that negative stigma on everyone that was there, regardless. So it's kind of like, respecting others by removing yourself. So as not to chance that stigma spreading.

I dunno, I'm all messed up and this took me like 15 minutes to write. I personally would allow IV use in my home, but not out in the open of my living room. :\

Hehehe... Lay off the weed, dude =D ;)

But seriously, I think it's better that people do shit in front of me. I'm not going to judge them and plus it makes me feel more comfortable with what they are doing and there is no mysteriousness about it. Plus, I think that if you are going to use drugs you should be comfortable with it, hiding away is a signal of of guilt and dependnece, something I'm not comfortable with anyone experiencing regardless of the chosen method of administration.

Not to mention the fact that they tie-up the bloody bathroom and, in accordance to Murphy's Law, it's always when I need to take a dump :X

Last edited:
I think IV is stupid and I fail to see the need to do it.
No need to snort/smoke drugs either, just eat them... people choose it because it's the most efficient, fastest acting and more pleasurable high. You may not need to do it, but that's your choice. Since when did everyone start hating other people for their own choices? Oh right, always.
I also find it amusing that IV users always insist on using the bathroom, even when they're around people who don't give a fuck. All it does is increase the stigma attached to it, IMO.
Bathrooms are good for a few reason. Personally I (and most IV users I know) preferred actually injecting alone. It's quite nerve-racking when you're trying to hit, and you got 20 drunken tards around you screaming in your ear. Also you got a mirror, and running water, which lets you tidy yourself up before you go back out into the party.

killarava2day said:
Plus, I think that if you are going to use drugs you should be comfortable with it, hiding away is a signal of of guilt and dependnece, something I'm not comfortable with...

I agree totaly. Someone I used to know tells people when they go over to his house to leave him alone in his room for like half an hour as he smokes crystal. I feel sorry for people like this.

Anyway, I haven't seen anyone shoot up before and it probably wouldn't worry me too much if I knew the person. I know that's still some social stigma but ohwell.

Last edited:
Chubba75 said:
No need to snort/smoke drugs either, just eat them... people choose it because it's the most efficient, fastest acting and more pleasurable high. You may not need to do it, but that's your choice. Since when did everyone start hating other people for their own choices? Oh right, always.Bathrooms are good for a few reason. Personally I (and most IV users I know) preferred actually injecting alone. It's quite nerve-racking when you're trying to hit, and you got 20 drunken tards around you screaming in your ear. Also you got a mirror, and running water, which lets you tidy yourself up before you go back out into the party.

Re-read my post, I judge people by who they are, not what they do. I still wish my friends wouldn't use IV because as pleasurable as it may be it is still the most addictive and damaging way to use most substances (although, when it comes to meth, it would not suprise me to learn that smoking it may actually be worse) and it always distresses me to see people I love and care about damage themselves. But I am always careful not to let that concern turn into judgemental righteousness.

... And, regarding house parties I kinda see your point. I hardly ever go to house parties and was referring to small gatherings of a few mates, so yeah it's an entirely different situation.

Plus, I think that if you are going to use drugs you should be comfortable with it, hiding away is a signal of of guilt and dependnece, something I'm not comfortable with...
Or not... I told my bestest best friend (of around 13 years, I'm only 17) that I IVed Meth, he is no longer my friend anymore.

I would love to tell everyone I IV, and do it out in the open, but to be honest I would have to change schools if everyone found out.

if the sterotype of addicted IV users didn't stand true I don't think we would be having this conversation in the first place. Damn-near all the junkies I have met have done some fucked up shit for drugs in the past, including robbery. It's sort of like the jewish stereotype, it stands true because they so religiously practice certain beleifs and morals.

Yeah but anyways go IV your stuff at a crackhouse needle users.

Why be friends with people that have such closed minds and can't accept you for you? I would prefer to have no friends rather than friends I have to keep such massive secrets from.

psychetool said:
if the sterotype of addicted IV users didn't stand true I don't think we would be having this conversation in the first place.

It depends on the user themselves entirely. What if the user has a high paying job they don't need to beg borrow or steal to get high do they... they can lead totaly normal lives and sustain their habbit.

Ofcourse there are some users that are the total oppositve of the above... that's why I'm saying treat them on a 1-1 level rather than reading into huge stereotypes.

Also not every IV drug user is an addict...

Why be friends with people that have such closed minds and can't accept you for you? I would prefer to have no friends rather than friends I have to keep such massive secrets from.
Because to be honest, I wouldn't have *ONE* friend left if it got out, not one... I think something like that would lead to suicide.

Chubba75 said:
Because to be honest, I wouldn't have *ONE* friend left if it got out, not one... I think something like that would lead to suicide.

Doesn't this tell you something ?

Friends generally care about your welfare and would hope the best for you, at least this is how my friends are. At the very least they are setting an example of how to act, that it is not an acceptable activity.

On the other hand, if I ever get hooked up to an IV at the hospital be sure to pump a few CC's of mr. brown through there. :)

Friends generally care about your welfare and would hope the best for you, at least this is how my friends are. At the very least they are setting an example of how to act, that it is not an acceptable activity.
So by caring about me, they're going to ruin my life?

Yes it is an acceptable activity, you can't explain to me why it isn't.

You're friends are fucked, not real friends, if they will abandon you over something like this. Unless you have caused them continuous pain and harmed them many times as a result of your IV use then they should not abandon you, if they do it is indicative of the fact they are not true friends. But keep in mind, you are seventeen and your life will be going through many changes, and that will include you reprioritising your friends and what they mean to your life. I only have one friend from when I was seventeen (I'm twenty-three now) but now I have a small group of people who i love and care for, none of which i knew five years ago. Don't let it get to you, things change and that is just a part of life. But at your age I, personally, would recommend re-evaluating just how much drugs mean to you. Is IV really worth losing friends over? I guess you would have gathered how I feel about it (i have done it, numerous times, but think it is a bad thing generally and best avoided) but you need to look at your life and what is really important to you.

I have a hard time seeing how abandoning someone helps their welfare, as far as I can see that is a purely selfish act to distance yourself from something you dislike and does absolutely nothing to address the problem, if there is a problem.

So, yeah, that would be very fucked and not at all an understandable or helpful reaction, imho.

--- G.

It's kind of funny how there is such a stigma about IV drug use, but the same people will stick a pill in their ass.
I don't IV myself, but I have no problems with it. It is a safe and effective route of administration. The doctors use it to give meds. But Like it or not there is a negative perspective on IV use, and if it made the majority of people @ my house uncomfortable, I would ask the user to go into another room. Most people go into another room to snort coke anyway (probibly more out of stinginess).Peace
Chubba, you can come kick it with me:)

People who use hard drugs recreactionally *usually* don't have their use under control as much as say herb smokers, even if they think they do.

To those who are daily IV users, I dare you to post a picture of your track marks then tell me that it's a safe method of administration.

Plus there is the whole factor of miscalculating your dose, getting an airbubble, ect... No thank you...

Wack Marks

psychetool said:
It's sort of like the jewish stereotype, it stands true because they so religiously practice certain beleifs and morals.

8)

Maybe daily herb smokers should post pictures of their lungs, too.
Or at least be *dared* to.