• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is taking LSD for the first time really scary for most people

In my opinion, experiencing anxiety on weed and on LSD are two different things and one does not imply the other. If you feel you are prone to anxiety while sober, I would take that as a much stronger indicator that acid might be tough, than if you are prone to anxiety while stoned.

The first time I took LSD was so incredibly amazing it is with the top three most important experiences in my life. LSD is more euphoric than any other drug, save shrooms, which is a about equal to me. Such a natural euphoria too, laughing till you cry type of stuff. I had done shrooms a handful of times before dropping L and found that LSD is much more gentle and lucid than mushrooms. You can def tell that it is a very special chemical, I'm convinced that it was no accident that Hofmann discovered this beauty.

Xanax will help to dull the trip if you're having a bad time however it is sometimes more valuable to ride out the trip till the end. Just relax, don't try to push things, just let them flow into place. You will know if you are at the right place and time and with the right people to trip.

Its alright, the 2nd time i smoked weed i almost had a panic attack.....

Who knows about the first, we were all too fucked up on klonopin to remember exactly what had happened.... But for some reason there was about half a gram of half smoked bud all over the floor the next day....

But to sum it up, my first acid trip was one of the most singularly beautiful things that i have ever experienced.... That night i found happiness in myself and those around me, when for so long i had seen nothing but the neagtive shit in my life while ignoring all the good.... That night changed my life for the better.

If you do decide to do it, i reccomend reading as much as you can into this substance, doing it in a controled and comfortable enviroment around one or two people you trust and like, and have them tripping as well... Trip sitters never sat well with me, i hate them to be honest. They are just annoying and probably more of a trigger for me to not enjoy the trip than a preventive measure. I like to think i am strong enough to deal with whatever i might experience without the assistance of a sober individual... They just dont seem to "get it".... Should you have a trip sitter, they should have tripped before because they understand that your not going to want to be fucked with... Those people who will wave their hands around in your face asking "you tripping yet man?" is annoying as fuck.... In my mind the best trip sitter is probably a couple milligrams of xanax or a nice strong screwdriver or 4....

In the words of the girl who introduced me to this substance, and the only advice she really gave to me was "Just let the lovin' take hold".....

Just let go, don't worry about it, on a normal dose your still going to be able to tell yourself that your on a drug and its making you feel this way, and that it will all be over at some point....

My girlfriend did many psychedelics before she ever smoked weed (maybe 7 different psychedelics), and loved every minute of all of her trips. But the first time she smoked weed (after acid, mushrooms, 2cs, 5-MeO-MiPT, etc) she had a pretty bad panic attack for the first hour. She tired it again and also experienced panic and hated it. She pretty much always has a bad time with weed. It's just her body chemistry. Just goes to show that if weed causes anxiety, that doesn't mean psychedelics will be the same.

just relax. it isn't going to feel like anything bad unless you make it that way. if you are around people you love and trust then you won't have any problems. take the first half hour easy until you get your bearings and then you can start playing with your face in a mirror:) eventually you will forget reality ever existed and you can explore this new world.

just relax. it isn't going to feel like anything bad unless you make it that way. if you are around people you love and trust then you won't have any problems. take the first half hour easy until you get your bearings and then you can start playing with your face in a mirror:) eventually you will forget reality ever existed and you can explore this new world.

I generally advise people who have not tripped to look into the mirror. What you see is not usually pleasant.... You have gone your whole life seeing yourself as you really appear in he mirror, on acid what is looking back at you is not you for very long, when whats looking back at you starts to turn skeletal or looks like a demon, that can scare some people.... I personally find myself lost in the looking glass, it does not bother me but it can scare some people.

My favorite way to let people know they are tripping is to tell them to either look at the celing (assuming its not flat celings, you have the stucko or whatever the fuck it is) or curtains. Curtains will sway without wind, and your celing will be flowing with complex geometric patterns....

I generally advise people who have not tripped to look into the mirror. What you see is not usually pleasant.... You have gone your whole life seeing yourself as you really appear in he mirror, on acid what is looking back at you is not you for very long, when whats looking back at you starts to turn skeletal or looks like a demon, that can scare some people.... I personally find myself lost in the looking glass, it does not bother me but it can scare some people.

My favorite way to let people know they are tripping is to tell them to either look at the celing (assuming its not flat celings, you have the stucko or whatever the fuck it is) or curtains. Curtains will sway without wind, and your celing will be flowing with complex geometric patterns....

QFE, I remember looking in the mirror way back on one of my first trips and freaking out a little...now after much more experience, looking in the mirror actually inhances a trip for me. Just be careful, it seems to be almost 50/50 of people that love mirrors and people that dispise them while tripping.

Its much simpler to just avoid any possible bad stimuli to ensure an amazing first experience.

Just be in a good and excited mood around people who make you happy and you'll be fine. I think everyone should experience a trip.its just such a crazy spritual adventure I just can explain it but try it n ull understand I'm not a crazy hippie...actually I'm an attractive prettyboy all tatted up but nneways ull see hwat I mean haha its great....just be worry free

Anxiety has always been a large component of my LSD trips. I've seen my share of people flipping the fuck out after doing it the first time, too. It's the kind of drug that demands respect.

My first time tripping on LSD was beautiful and magical, while my first time getting high was terrifying and overwhelming.
I am not prone to general anxiety while sober (but i am prone to social anxiety). I think that when tripping, if you are naturally prone to anxiety, you will likely be anxious as psychs magnify your normal emotions. However, with weed, people that are normally not anxious can become anxious and paranoid. Like a previous poster said, paranoia is not an effect of psychs as it is with weed

My first LSD experience, was not scary at all, very enjoyable, beautiful experience, LSD has fast become one of my favorite substances

Meh... nice clean LSD is divine. Reagent test your tabs to ensure your ingesting lsd 25 or at least a tryptamine of some kind vs psychedelic PEA's. One of the best trips of my life have been on Wonderfully made LSD. The blotter it was laid on was superior to almost every other trip I've ever seen. Only come across similar from a very few sources over the years and each time it's been magical. Recently Al Lad has been promising giving a euphoric zen state with less overt OEV's but a tad confusing/scattering mental trip at times. IDK AL LAD and good quality LSD are up there IMO. Quality aMT is also lovely.

It really depends on ur mind state at the time...if ur stressin, scared or just in a bad mood or have alotta bad things going on in life then don't take it. U want n open ,unstressted mind and a good positive enviroment to truelly enjoy your trip. You can control your trip n visuals if u know what ur doin n have the mind for it n it can be an amazing spirtual journey if done underthe right circumstances....if u try it make sure u do w someone or ppl that have done it before man

I'd say I was a bit nervous after I had just dropped my first blotter of acid. That anxiety sort of stayed with me the first hour or two. As soon as the acid had kicked in I kept flipping between being excited and happy to getting a bit worried I might have had done too much. When I reached the peak I realized there was nothing to be afraid of. "The bad trip won't come if you aren't scared of it" was my key realization. From that moment on it was pure fun for the remaining 10 hours :D.

I am trying to figure out if it is worth taking. The first time I tried pot was the first time I tried any drug and I hallucinated on it and it freaked me out. I felt like I was doing backflips in my car and I told my boyfriend to call my mom and that I needed to go to the hospital so if I freaked out that much on weed, I think I would do something crazy on acid or I would just be terrified the whole time. What do you think?

I definitely suggest LSD over taking something like LSA or DMT for your first experience, you could also try smoking 4-5 bowls of weed and on the 5th bowl add in some premium Kief and it'll knock your socks off, while it's very freaky to hallucinate after awhile it doesn't bother you, and you can begin to learn from it. If you have the option to use a vaporizer, use one! you get pure THC vapor and you will caugh less, but the THC will be able to build up quicker due to less coughing. Be warned very high doses of weed have been known to make people blow chunks, but after you throw up you can smoke more and bypass the barrier where you start hallucinating.. atleast thats how weed is for me when I smoke too much at once or in a short period of time. I do have asthma which is why I like the vaporizer, I do love my bong for quick tokes.

Psychedelics in general, including LSD, often contain frightening or uncomfortable moments or periods, especially at first, because the experience is just so alien. When things come up unexpectedly, they are a lot harder to deal with, and that's why the term "setting" is so often used, and why it is so important. You need to minimize the chance of anything negative or unexpected coming up. For example, on my third trip I decided me and my friends should trip in my parents' attic while they were home. We came downstairs when they were still all awake and the sheer discomfort and weirdness we felt led to a very difficult trip for all of us. Had we done it in a safe place where we would be alone for sure, things might have turned out very differently.

"Set" refers to your mental state beforehand. Is your life falling apart? If so, psychedelics are going to be much more dangerous. Are you sad or angry about something? The same is true. Though people do use them to help work through those feelings sometimes, it also increases the risk of feeling fear.

I find the most difficult period of psychedelics is usually the come-up for me. Coming up involves a transition from normal consciousness to a very different state of consciousness, and that transition can be jarring. I don't have much trouble with it now, after 13 years and countless trips, but at first I would feel intense anxiety and sometimes panic responses during the come-up of most of my trips. Some of this is due to the mental change, and some is due to unpleasant body feelings, which psychedelics can cause on the come-up especially (though LSD is pretty light on the body). This is normal though and if you keep in mind that you took a drug and you're transitioning, you can keep it in perspective and ride it out... good music helps, something positive and loving. Being outside and just admiring nature also helps (in fact, I always get less bodyload on psychedelics when I'm outside). I have found that if I keep on top of the come-up and remember that it will pass, it will pass and the peak will not include these negative feelings (though they can come back briefly throughout if something throws you off). But if I succumb to the anxiety then the whole trip will feel like that and it will never break through into that "other space".

here is more strong opinion that i consider a fact. if yer gunna do any drug you need to research and learn everything about it before you put it in yer body so you know what to expect and how to propely dose and take the drug. knowledge is power. my first experience with lsd was perfect because i practice what i just preached. yoop!

It can be/ just make sure you are in a comfortable environment and not doing anything that is too social. You want to have a good first experience ! It will be amazing if you don't let anxiety or fear get to you. Everything will be okay, just remind yourself that

A lot of people talk about anxiety and LSD, would something like Valium or similar anti-anxiety drug lower the overall anxiety for the trip or would it make it worse or scary?