• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is taking LSD for the first time really scary for most people

it was a bit scary, but not to bad once i figured out thats what was supposed to be happening. as soon as the couch started talking like the one on peewee herman i felt kinda strange. but then i started to cuddle with my girlfriend and stuff and it was all good from there. and now i love the stuff.

First time i did LSD i was already on amphetamine.. was a good time (I've heard bad stories with this combo so i don't recommend it).. My gf at the time, however, did have a bad time and has never taken it since.

Unless you've completely lost it i think if your havin a bad time then taking MDMA will sort that out. Worked for my gf ;)

^^pretty much, just dont over do it in your psychadelic stupor. i can see it now, "oh gawd, im freakin out, quick, i better eat 20 rolls and get better", lol

Most of you have probably never taken a high dose of LSD.

That can be extremely overwhelming because all of the world around you is COMPLETELY changed and you're forced to ride the insanity of not being able to recognize anything for the whole peak. Next to that the ego, loss, random thoughts is much more intense than what an average dose would do to you.

High dose LSD can be extremely confusing and scary like a good dose of potent mushrooms.

But generally I find moderate LSD doses are comfortable...unless you're in a bad setting.

I found LSD a little scary the first time I took it. Not frightening, but enough so that I realized that it was a powerful substance. No panic, just a little discomfort. I didn't know what was going on. I didn't really know what to expect. I took everything in, and got a little confused (thought people were sad, who weren't, thought people were mad who weren't, etc). There were moments when I was laughing and laughing, and laughing... but there were moments when everyone else was laughing and I threw in a couple of fake chuckles, to hide my discomfort.

You should be able to handle it. I just never found LSD 100% fun like most people seem to find it here. About 60% of the trip is fun (laughing, admiring the scenery) and about 40% is a little awkward and uncomfortable ("OK, can we be finished now, please?" type stuff). It always came and went. I would get a little uncomfortable and then it would pass and I would forget how I had felt a second ago. With higher doses, sometimes it was always awkward and uncomfortable. Sometimes it was a little scary. Never really frightening, or had me in panic though.

I find it a powerful drug. In fact, I find all psychedelics very powerful drugs. It's really unlike any other thing you can experience. Even though my trips were not the most fun, I always learned a lot about myself and my friends. When they were really uncomfortable, I always came out thinking I just won a race or something. Just glad to be back and loving life and sobriety.

So in short, I don't think it's really scary for most people. Most people tend to have a blast. I never really found psychedelics that fun, though. Some of the best days and nights of my life were on LSD. Not because they were the most fun though. Just because they were amazing.

i suggest you take a milder hallucinogen before acid if you're worried; i started off with weed, then moved onto about 2 mexican shrooms, then a normal shroom dosage (about 5-6 mushrooms), then mescaline and then acid.

killo said:
That can be extremely overwhelming because all of the world around you is COMPLETELY changed and you're forced to ride the insanity of not being able to recognize anything for the whole peak. Next to that the ego, loss, random thoughts is much more intense than what an average dose would do to you.

High dose LSD can be extremely confusing and scary like a good dose of potent mushrooms.

But generally I find moderate LSD doses are comfortable...unless you're in a bad setting.

All true. However, this is about first time trippers is it not? Most people don't go eating a ten strip or more their first time tripping.

LSD can be frightfully immersive in large doses. But at low and even moderate doses, its alllll gooood.%)

Any dose of LSD (or any psychedelic) can be incredibly uncomfortable if you're in a bad setting

LSD made me step up and face what my existence is, and I found it incredibly exciting, at first I thought I might be insane, because it was so radically different. Not like, oh I'm crazy, I need to get admitted, but like - I might forever be changed this way and I couldn't decide if that would be good or bad, but after that initial shock, I was so blissful and excited really.

If your afraid of taking it then NO, definetly not a good idea. If even pot freaks you out, acid could fuck you up even more.

For me it was great cuz I really wanted to try it. First time, best trip EVER.

my advise is take mushrooms not acid lol but if you do it wen your relaxed and with people you know its always fun one thing thats goten me tho is the recuring dreams iv had ever since the 1st time nothing scarey just kinda insites into myself. Haveing said that i have seen people compleatly loose it BUt not as offen as iv seen people ahve the time of there life lol another thing is if you do try it once you will want to experience the same thing again lol

My first time was very easy and relaxing. I took two hits at my house with a good friend who had taken LSD several times before there. The only slight pang of anxiety came when I thought that there was grass in a gravel area where it was not. It was my first hallucinogenic trip and I still consider LSD to be one of the easier psychedelics to take. It doesn't have the overwhelming effects shrooms have had for me and its onset is much gentler than DMT - which I would never consider to be a smart starting point for psychedelics.

The first time I tripped on LSD was definitely an amazing night, and I had very few small periods of time where I had any fear which surprised me. But It really all depends on how you feel about it, if you are scared to do it then I wouldn't until you are more comfortable. THe place you do it will also impact things as well, like I've never tripped around anyone other than my boyfriend because I would be too uncomfortable. Just try it, make sure you are somewhere safe with people you trust. I'm sure it will be an enjoyable experience. <3

I wouldnt say it would be scary, but im all for tripping out :p ..If you're not use to it or are a bit nervous, make sure you do it in a controlled environment around people you know. On a sunny warm day, at someones house (who you know well) would probably be ideal. That way you have the oppertunity to go outside and explore (if you wish) or you can relax and chill inside if things do become difficult.

Most people i know who have tripped for the frist time on cid have been happy with the experience. Happy tripping :)

I definitely wouldn’t recommend mushrooms over LSD for your first time. I’ve heard far more bad trips from mushrooms than LSD. For me, I completely lose my mind on mushrooms, even just above threshold doses. No idea who I am, where I am, don’t recognize anyone, get stuck in horrible patterns that I must complete so I don’t feel like EVERYTHING in the World is wrong. I thought it some sort of underlying mental condition but I’ve tripped on other psychedelics (4-aco-mipt which is very similar to mushrooms, lsd, 2c-b, 2c-t-21, ect) many many times since my last mushrooms experience with no problem. The whole bad mushroom trip happened the last 3 times I used, but not the first several. Even the first few times I found mushrooms to be more bumpy and confusing than LSD. Most of my friends seam to agree that LSD is smoother.

It shouldn't be at all. I would expect most first trips to be a lot of fun and easy going. Unlike most drugs, first times are hardly ever the best times.

"So if you do try acid, only take one hit, dont smoke pot, and relax. Maybe have some xanax on hand."

Is this true?
Me and my close friend have been debating on how we feel about lsd for a long while now because both of our boyfriends do it and some of our other friends.
One of our friend's parents have done it and told us they would let us do it at their house with them.. his mom also said if we didn't like the trip, we can take a xanex and it will make us stop tripping? Is this true?
Have you done it before?
Do you just go to sleep? Or go back to normal?

Unlike marijuana, paranoia is simply not one of psychedelics' fundamental effects.