• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is Opiod withdrawal easy?

From heroin - can be pretty brutal but at least you know you'll be good in about 10 days max.
From methadone - worse, and the shit just goes on and on especially with the horrible mental symptoms.
From poppies - aaarrghghh I don't even wanna think of that ordeal from hell. Also it fucked with my heart.

Tho older you get the harder wd is on your body…and there levels to wd, from uncomfortable/irritable to flopping on the ground like a fish shitting on yourself while crying and everything between
I agree with the age factor. I've kicked heroin several times since age 19. The last time I was 58, and the wd was horrific. I had restless legs, but not just in my legs...I felt the same restlessness in my arms and stomach, so bad that I could sleep only every other night from exhaustion. And this horrible restless feeling lasted for months, until my doctor prescribed ropinerole (generic Requip).
I would never say opioid wd is easy. If I were to describe my definition of Hell, it would be cold turkey withdrawal from opiates.

You don’t sleep dude. I would easily overdose on benzos far before they knocked me out while I was in opiate wd. If you’ve never had restless legs consider yourself lucky because it makes you seriously contemplate suicide it is so bad. I would walk until my feet were bleeding and I was almost crawling because walking was the only way to stop it aside from take opiates. Also withdrawal time depends on the half life of the drug so no not all opiates only have a 7 day withdrawal. Methadone has a multiple day half life for some and 24hrs for most and withdrawals are extremely severe from it and acute severe withdrawal will last easily 2 to 6 weeks depending on your dose at time of quitting and how long you’ve been on it. Suboxone also has a long half life and therefore a very long withdrawal. With the methadone you can expect to feel really bad for a minimum of 6 months and feel meh okay for at least 9 to 12 months especially if you were on it for years and came off of a moderate to high dose cold turkey. I’ve seen ppl have seizures from methadone withdrawal at doses that are as high as 150mg when they went cold turkey.
Bruh benzos are like the cure to restless leg syndrome I think you have some other drug affecting you there. And benzos wont just make you sleep, they will make you wake up and do things you don't or partially remember too. Theres a simple fine line with benzos its pretty simple compared to other drug dosage.

Bruh benzos are like the cure to restless leg syndrome I think you have some other drug affecting you there. And benzos wont just make you sleep, they will make you wake up and do things you don't or partially remember too. Theres a simple fine line with benzos its pretty simple compared to other drug dosage.
Benzos are probably not gonna make you sleep during opiate withdrawal. Pretty much nothing can make you sleep. It is what it is. You can't escape it.

From heroin - can be pretty brutal but at least you know you'll be good in about 10 days max.
From methadone - worse, and the shit just goes on and on especially with the horrible mental symptoms.
From poppies - aaarrghghh I don't even wanna think of that ordeal from hell. Also it fucked with my heart.
Pods are a fucking ni8ghtmare legs feel like got glass flowing through them a month into wds

Luckily I haven’t had to deal with pod wd yet, I usually keep a pound worth of pod extract and a pound of pods at all times, and I save the stems so I have a couple pounds of stems for an emergency, pods have been a godsend for me to stop using dope, literally the only thing to keep me from using for long periods of time with practicallly no cravings

Luckily I haven’t had to deal with pod wd yet, I usually keep a pound worth of pod extract and a pound of pods at all times, and I save the stems so I have a couple pounds of stems for an emergency, pods have been a godsend for me to stop using dope, literally the only thing to keep me from using for long periods of time with practicallly no cravings
Be wary of pods they such a long wd and i find after a month long wds the paws last so many months after that

This has to be a troll. But if you think it's no big deal, just go ahead and try it and then get back to us.......There are meds that can make it slightly better but there's nothing you can do to get out of it (apart from suboxone or methadone). Like another poster said, you're more likely to OD on benzos than to be able to sleep on them during serious withdrawal. There are degrees of withdrawal. It depends on what you're taking, how much and for how long. Do heroin daily for two or three weeks and then stop. That will give you a taste.
I was gonna say, not for the fake m30, but for oxy, after 12 hours I can take a sub and be fine. But then I fuck myself cause I cant take oxy anymore unless I stop taking subs for a week

I was gonna say, not for the fake m30, but for oxy, after 12 hours I can take a sub and be fine. But then I fuck myself cause I cant take oxy anymore unless I stop taking subs for a week
A week ? Depending on the dose of sub which I’ll assume 8-16mg you should be totally fine to use in 24hr, at 8mg you can use 12hr after induction…

A week ? Depending on the dose of sub which I’ll assume 8-16mg you should be totally fine to use in 24hr, at 8mg you can use 12hr after induction…
IDK im on subs now waiting for some m30's now to last me until I get a truck load of 80mg OC's so im In a state of limbo. I gotta use cheap m30's to bridge the gap until my 80's come in..... Affordable is really why I gotta do this
Easier to go Subs----Fake M30's----real 80mg OC's----- recycle

Benzos are probably not gonna make you sleep during opiate withdrawal. Pretty much nothing can make you sleep. It is what it is. You can't escape it.

ENOUGH does. I'm not saying it's a good idea but people have survived multiple grams of diazepam (but not nitrobenzodiazepines).

In my experience I feel alot better physically after day 3. Luckily I don't get vomiting but I do get nasty diarrhea, hot/cold flashes and insomnia. But one has to keep in mind I only fuck with hydrocodone at the 60-70 mgd range and usually only around 2 to 3 weeks strait then take 2 weeks off. I really feel for you guys that are on the stronger stuff cuz even at my level I would never have imagined 3 days could last so long.

physically might be easy. Psychologically no. You feel anxious, tired, reckless, uncomfortable in your own body at the same time. That's not easy. The opiate craving to ease your body and end the discomfort is unique to this type of drug, with stims you just tired and depressed

how long would you assume from fent m30's to real oxy. Thats the thing with the fake m30's IDK the half life of whatever is in them

Comparatively it's an easy withdrawal, unless it's methadone. In regular opiate withdrawal, the worst is over in 3 or 4 days and it's pretty much all done in a week. Methadone will run for weeks.

Cocaine and stimulants have you feeling horrible for a couple weeks, and then not so horrible for a couple months.

Benzo withdrawal will string you out for weeks, and can kill you.

Alcohol withdrawal kills people all the time, and causes hallucinations, seizures, brain damage (Wernicke's encephalitis), heart attack and stroke among other things.

When I was addicted to oxycodone during recovery from a serious injury, after 4 days of withdrawal I was fine. Yeah I sweated, shook, had diarrhea, threw up, couldn't sleep, couldn't eat. But honestly it wasn't that bad.

Alcohol withdrawal put me in the hospital, admitted to the ER, with seizures, and abnormal heartbeat, blood pressure of 190 over 110, heart rate of 120, hallucinating. Luckily I never got Wernicke's encephalitis because I took lots of extra b vitamins - thiamine prevents it.

That's why you don't go cold turkey off alcohol. The crazy thing is that you can go into alcohol withdrawal just from cutting back. You never know how much is too much to cut back. Anybody with more than a moderate habit, meaning three drinks a day, is at risk for alcohol withdrawal even from cutting back.

That's also why alcoholics are petrified of missing a drink.

So yeah all in all regular opiate withdrawal is pretty easy.

The more times you've been addicted and withdrawn, the longer they last and the worse the withdrawals are. The first few times I withdrew, the worst was over by day 5. Nowadays, I'll be withdrawing for 2 weeks. My fist few times withdrawing seem like a walk in the park in retrospect. It sucked, but I was able to get through it and it wasn't so bad. But that changed... a lot. Over time. I've probably withdrawn from heavy opiate dependence 20, maybe up to 30 times, over the past 20 years.

The mental torture is intense during opiate withdrawal, but the worst part is the restless limbs. I can't stop moving my arms and legs the whole time, it's the worst feeling in the world. Some people don't seem to get that effect from them, and those are usually the people I encounter who say opiate withdrawals aren't that bad. I will lay in bed, trying to sleep (utterly unable to sleep a wink for the entire withdrawal period which is its own form of torture especially since you feel horrifically uncomfortable the whole time), eventually just screaming and punching my legs as hard as possible to make them numb so I could not feel like I had to stretch and thrash them constantly. Only worked for a couple of minutes but it was worth the legs full of bruises to get 120 seconds of peace. I have never found stimulants to even have anything I would classify as withdrawal... it's a crash, yeah I feel horrible, but it's just mental. I've had many stimulant binges, I'd take that over opiate withdrawal ANY day of the week.

During opiate withdrawal, there is a unique feeling of absolute hopelessness that I haven't experienced with GABAergics or other drug withdrawals. And the cravings are more powerful than any other drug withdrawals produce for me, too. All I can think about is getting opiates and taking them. I can be withdrawing from benzos or phenibut (the two GABAergics I have withdrawn from... granted, I have never been in heavy benzo withdrawal, I am well aware that heavy benzo withdrawal is far worse than opiate withdrawal), and I can have a supply sitting right next to me and the thought of taking any is revolting, I just want to get past it... opiates though, if I know I could lie to my loved ones, sneak out, and undertake a risky adventure to obtain opiates somewhere within a 2 hour radius, it will take every bit of my willpower not to do it.

Comparatively it's an easy withdrawal, unless it's methadone. In regular opiate withdrawal, the worst is over in 3 or 4 days and it's pretty much all done in a week. Methadone will run for weeks.

Cocaine and stimulants have you feeling horrible for a couple weeks, and then not so horrible for a couple months.

Benzo withdrawal will string you out for weeks, and can kill you.

Alcohol withdrawal kills people all the time, and causes hallucinations, seizures, brain damage (Wernicke's encephalitis), heart attack and stroke among other things.

When I was addicted to oxycodone during recovery from a serious injury, after 4 days of withdrawal I was fine. Yeah I sweated, shook, had diarrhea, threw up, couldn't sleep, couldn't eat. But honestly it wasn't that bad.

Alcohol withdrawal put me in the hospital, admitted to the ER, with seizures, and abnormal heartbeat, blood pressure of 190 over 110, heart rate of 120, hallucinating. Luckily I never got Wernicke's encephalitis because I took lots of extra b vitamins - thiamine prevents it.

That's why you don't go cold turkey off alcohol. The crazy thing is that you can go into alcohol withdrawal just from cutting back. You never know how much is too much to cut back. Anybody with more than a moderate habit, meaning three drinks a day, is at risk for alcohol withdrawal even from cutting back.

That's also why alcoholics are petrified of missing a drink.

So yeah all in all regular opiate withdrawal is pretty easy.
I've been through stimulant and benzo withdrawal and I could never imagine thinking or saying that opiate withdrawal is "pretty easy."

Last edited:
If you've been using 8-16 mg/ day for several days in a row, 24 hours is probably not enough.

I always get sick as fuck, and I HATE throwing up, so for me that's the worst of the physical symptoms. The mental stuff is the real hell though because I can't relax, can't feel good ; and of course you know full well it only takes ONE little hit and you'd be perfectly alright.