• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is Opiod withdrawal easy?

I'd say in order by substance , difficulty detoxing would be.

1. Benzodiazepines,
2 opioids,
3alcohol,
4 methamphetamine,
5barbiturates,
6 nicotine,
7cocaine,
8 sugar

Everything is dependent on a variety of variables like personal physiology, term of use and dosage, but I think anyone here would agree that benzodiazepines are a million times harder to get off of long-term then any opioid or stimulant

Not easy necessarily but people exaggerate how bad it is imo

I disagree. Poppy pod withdrawal was really bad, almost like torture. Not being able to sleep AT ALL for around a week alone was quite bad on its own. Add the extreme restless legs, the burning and crawling skin, the pain and the nausea and you've got quite an unpleasant condition. Most people cannot imagine how long an hour feels, let alone a day of that.

I could only handle three or four days of that shit, I had to take a lot of loperamide and cannabis after day 4. The loperamide really made a massive difference.

The first few times, it's rough but bearable.most ppl fuck up here thinking they can use every once in a while without any consequences but As you progress into an empty hole of darkness(addiction) the kindling effect makes the withdrawals worse and worse each and everytime u attempt to quit as your life spirals out of control And problems begin to accumulate aswell. After many years, you reach certain point that when u want to srsly get clean. The physical part it's still doable but the psychological part fuvks u up real bad cause u got to deal with the avalanche of problems uve been running away from at once.
Most ppl find this very difficult and go straight back to Dope to cope with all of this and the endless cycle carries on for years and years on end, till u just prefer to live doped out instead of facing life. DOPEs all you know now and u have to relearn how to live without IT and that is hard as fuck, nevertheless it's NOT IMPOSSIBLE.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE PPL STRUGGLING with opi addiction AND READING THIS NOW AND PERHAPS MANY MONTHS, YEARS after I wrote this. Just bare in mind, there is life after dope. Just get your shit together and like you had the courage to stick a neddle in ur arm, now have the courage to get out of this shithole called being a Dope Fiend. Much luv to yall.
nico xoxo

Last edited:
You're asking this question from the point of view of a person who has never experienced it. You're speaking from the point of view of commonly-cited medical literature, which is not totally inaccurate.

Severe physical symptoms like diarrhea, nausea and insomnia will begin to resolve in most cases around 72-96 hours for a user of Heroin/Morphine. I don't know much about Fentanyl from a personal stance, but I understand it to be a shorter-acting Opioid so, fill in the blanks.

This period is difficult in its way, of course. Cold Turkey withdrawal has provided many, like myself, with the most literal depiction of Hell that I've ever known. Still, the desire to use Opiates will persist for months. For a heavy user, say a Methadone Maintenance patient, you are realistically looking at 6-12 months of general depression, apathy and a profound hunger for Opiates. It's not just a year though, it's ten years. There is a dilation of time that any user can attest to. Days can be years and years can be days and both are profoundly sad in their own way.

You've gotta exist out in that cold, unforgiving world for a year, with this physical and mental handicap on your back. I used Heroin and was eventually on Methadone for a long period of time. The process of separating from Methadone was years' long, with periods of success, cowardly returning to Methadone, then trying again. The whole thing was probably 5 years and in those five years I wasn't living a real life. I was just a guy bouncing around in an apathetic, terrifying world.

Maybe that puts some perspective into it. It's hard to describe these things in plain, scientific language as it's a matter or poetics and emotion. I'm hoping this sheds some light on it for you.

Gabapentin is a lifesaver during opiate withdrawal. Combined with a benzo it makes opiate withdrawal tolerable.

The last run I had from doing fent dope, a gram + a day my tolerance was so high Suboxone didn't hardly do anything for the 1st week but I managed on gabapentin and Klonopin. I still really didn't sleep but it took the restless legs away and that imo is the worst part about detoxing. Been clean since March now with only a few minor 1 day slip ups.

10 years with a habit I've detoxed more times than I care to remember. The first time at 19 years when I got clean from my first habit I stupidly went back for a few weeks and then got on subs. I'll probably be on maintenance for the rest of my life. I'm happy on subs, no bad side effects, no constipation and they still give me a bit of an energy boost

Last edited:
Gabapentin is a lifesaver during opiate withdrawal. Combined with a benzo it makes opiate withdrawal tolerable.

The last run I had from doing fent dope, a gram + a day my tolerance was so high Suboxone didn't hardly do anything for the 1st week but I managed on gabapentin and Klonopin. I still really didn't sleep but it took the restless legs away and that imo is the worst part about detoxing. Been clean since March now with only a few minor 1 day slip ups
U forgot immodium. Loperamide+gabapentin is the best wd aid.

I tried immodium once and never again Lol. That made me more constipated than heroin ever could Lol
When you're in serious opiate wd, u get the worst diarrhea and projectile vomit ever. A good dose of liperamide works wonders for this, along with most of the other symptoms.

Or you use dissociatives like memantine, they work by modulating your mu opioid receptors to forget about their tolerance and thus allow you to get off opioid addiction without having to go through withdrawal. It's still a rough time but nothing compared to a turkey or rapid taper. And it works fast, just a few days and some more if you want to cover post-acute withdrawal. I quit 600mg/d morphine with just pregabalin + memantine and didn't feel sick a single day.

Loperamine is a double edged sword in high dosages because it is an opioid by itself and will cross into the brain above a certain dosage threshold. But it indeed helps against diarrhea and possibly vomiting.

When you're in serious opiate wd, u get the worst diarrhea and projectile vomit ever. A good dose of liperamide works wonders for this, along with most of the other symptoms.
I'm lucky in that aspect even going through some horrendous withdrawals I've never thrown up or had explosive diarrhea. The one thing that gets me really bad is restless legs. I'll get it so bad I'll literally hit my legs so much they get sore.

I'm lucky in that aspect even going through some horrendous withdrawals I've never thrown up or had explosive diarrhea. The one thing that gets me really bad is restless legs. I'll get it so bad I'll literally hit my legs so much they get sore.
U haven't reached "horrendous wds" then. The day u experience pissing out diarrhea in a bucket and turning around to puke bile at the same time, I want you to say that wds are easy again.

U haven't reached "horrendous wds" then. The day u experience pissing out diarrhea in a bucket and turning around to puke bile at the same time, I want you to say that wds are easy again.
I don't know man, withdrawal effects everyone differently. I never said it was easy. I've lurked here a while and know you had access to morph amps. Before fent dope came around I came off a 3 bundle a day habit and last year with fent dope anywhere from a gram to 1.5 a day. No idea the potency but I had a friend fall out on a 1/4 of a point. Even going through precipitated wd taking sub too soon I've never had GI issues

I don't know man, withdrawal effects everyone differently. I never said it was easy. I've lurked here a while and know you had access to morph amps. Before fent dope came around I came off a 3 bundle a day habit and last year with fent dope anywhere from a gram to 1.5 a day. No idea the potency but I had a friend fall out on a 1/4 of a point. Even going through precipitated wd taking sub too soon I've never had GI issues
was thrown into PW from subs and I was in the ER puking bile up, no shitting though as I took a sub like 4 hours after a couple fake m30's.