• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is Ketamine really a "club" drug??

Dissociatives aren't prone to (physical, as in morphine) withdrawals, thankfully. They rather help you through them.. But yay, DXM isn't that much of a dissociative, it's more a dirty bastard of hit-every-receptor-around-drug with a dark dysphoric, psychotic edge to it. Depending on your CYP enzymes I guess. Would be interested in sampling pure DXO.

Dissociatives aren't prone to (physical, as in morphine) withdrawals, thankfully. They rather help you through them.. But yay, DXM isn't that much of a dissociative, it's more a dirty bastard of hit-every-receptor-around-drug with a dark dysphoric, psychotic edge to it. Depending on your CYP enzymes I guess. Would be interested in sampling pure DXO.
The fact that DXM never was really available shorthened my experinece' s to when gel caps were allowed. Pure DXM or DXO both seem like interesting material.

2-FDCK(etamine) is available any thought's on that on. My view is it has an unique vibe unlike ketamine more like MXE. Just saw the movie 'Interstellar' anyone recognize anything fam about that part of the movie when he is behind the book shelves.

Look at it and tel me it is not just like in the middle of a Methoxetamine, Ketamine or preferably 2-Flurorated version hole.

Last edited:
Is there no anti-cough med with only DXM as an ingredient in your place? Doesn't matter whether it's liquid, gelcaps or whatever. Only thing that can be is retard formulae, e.g. little plastic balls in syrup or capsules which you would need to crush down to circumvent the retardation. DXO has never been available and while there are some two or so reports of someone who synth'ed it on erowid, from reading them I doubt he really got DXO.

Yeah, 2-FDCK is nice stuff. Just that my tolerance is too high for it at the moment :( I love to watch sci-fi whilst in the dissoverse ... :)

Well amphetamine isn't exactly what I'd call euphoric either, but YMMV ... if 3-FPM isn't as jittery / physically discomforting than amph, then I'd say it's "better" somehow :) Painful to snort is a downside though, never did IV yet.. it's a line I don't really want to cross. I'm a bit curious whether I might finally achieve a K-hole that way though.

How different would you say is IV from intranasal when it comes to potency / rush of K?
Well, ive only had tested and used those Pharmaceutical grade ketamine, doesnt matter is it the "vet ket" or like esketamine on ampoule. The strenght is equal but ive had More intense trips with the ket vet compared to ketanest for example which can have here To treat medicine resistant severe depression... Ketamine infusions.

Is there no anti-cough med with only DXM as an ingredient in your place? Doesn't matter whether it's liquid, gelcaps or whatever. Only thing that can be is retard formulae, e.g. little plastic balls in syrup or capsules which you would need to crush down to circumvent the retardation. DXO has never been available and while there are some two or so reports of someone who synth'ed it on erowid, from reading them I doubt he really got DXO.

Yeah, 2-FDCK is nice stuff. Just that my tolerance is too high for it at the moment :( I love to watch sci-fi whilst in the dissoverse ... :)
There are retard cap's. And a sugar free over-loaded with sorbitol syrup, diarree inducing stuff.

Technically OTC , but behind the counter I guess. Not on the shelves.

At a hole 2-DCFK is a SF movie I am in. Act's quite long to.

There are retard cap's.

Uhhhh... this might sound confusing to native English speakers 😅 , so I'll explain: the word "retarded" (from Latin: "retardare") originally meant "delayed/slowed", but over time it came to be almost exclusively associated with people who were mentally retarded in the English language.

In other languages however, the term is more neutral, so capsules designed to release the drug at a slower rate (i.e. "extended relase"-formulations) are still referred to as "retard capsules".

A club drug to me,, is something that, when you go to the "club", as in - the nightclub, discotheque, dance music venue etc - that enhances mood, induces euphoria etc.

Ketamine - an anesthetic - doesn't it make you sleepy and lethargic?

I just fail to see how the two go hand in hand.

On low doses it is great as a club drug IMO. But on higher doses, you better avoid all that. It actually keeps you awake. Well, atleast in my experience. Without any experience yet, I would not enter a club. Seems like a recipy for disaster.

Uhhhh... this might sound confusing to native English speakers 😅 , so I'll explain: the word "retarded" (from Latin: "retardare") originally meant "delayed/slowed", but over time it came to be almost exclusively associated with people who were mentally retarded in the English language.

In other languages however, the term is more neutral, so capsules designed to release the drug at a slower rate (i.e. "extended relase"-formulations) are still referred to as "retard capsules".
This is hilarious

To me Ket is an "Anywhere, any time" drug. Really you can tailor your doses for parties, or a semi-narcotic feel or the reknown k-hole.
I like having K in my tent whole my LSD or Mushrooms or MDMA comes down and il start out with 2 quite large lines and then supplement so on and so forth.
I used to bump it through the night like many do, but i found it increases my tolerance so its harder to hole that night.
DMT and Nitrous are both fantastic in the mixv:)

Low dose so you can keep everything in and between. When I take K at a rave, I usually like to check my settings and my preferance it's a dark venue. Half a gram I would say and goes best with molly. For administrate I would suggest nasal snorting because injections make it more intense. Under 100mg should give you enough dreamy-euphoria state for dancing.

Half a gram of K, like at once? That would knock me out for at least 30 minutes.

I've done little lines of it a club (roughly 50mg), to me it's sort of like getting temporarily drunk. Not bad but It's not the first thing I'd turn to if I'm feeling social/dancey.

In the late 90's, when I was heavily involved in the club and rave scene of Orlando, nobody really ever did K by itself in a club. It was always there but really just as an adjunct to MDMA. Rolls were always the gold standard of the rave scene and then you had all these other drugs that people would combine with the X. The same was true for GHB and LSD except that it was a little more common for people to dose those alone at a club, probably more so for GHB.
We used to go to raves during that time too. It was always MDMA when we weere out. Afterhours MDMA + K = Hole (it requires a couch a comfy place where you can get stuck for a little while.)

IMO, K isn't a club drug at all. It's a tranquilizer. Maybe a bump of K when you're rollin, but not partying out with just Ketamine.

Half a gram of K, like at once? That would knock me out for at least 30 minutes.

I've done little lines of it a club (roughly 50mg), to me it's sort of like getting temporarily drunk. Not bad but It's not the first thing I'd turn to if I'm feeling social/dancey.
Right. I liked to just stick with mdma and do the K later.

Whole gram lines were a common thing in the messy early 00's. I watched people snort entire grams before catapulting into a spasm and mess on the floor for 10 or 15 minutes finally coming round sometime later to do the whole thing again.

And the same dude at other parties I would see laying in a bush with his eyes Wide Open frozen like a statue you would think he was dead Ed if you didn't know he was in a long-lasting k hole looking like some serious mess so I tell you.

MESSY raves we had in Uk early 2000's.

I knew people who snorted 12 one gram lines every day. He ended up with some bladder and sinus issues I believe.

I snorted up to half gram lines myself. Maybe a 3/4 once by accident. Phew, that put me in a strange hole.

Otherwise, 250mg was usually a beautiful dose at select moment on top of an array of psychedelics. That dose was beautiful on MDMA/LSD and a nice experiemce by itself but never too much.

Well, ive only had tested and used those Pharmaceutical grade ketamine, doesnt matter is it the "vet ket" or like esketamine on ampoule. The strenght is equal but ive had More intense trips with the ket vet compared to ketanest for example which can have here To treat medicine resistant severe depression... Ketamine infusions.
20191219_152005.jpg

IMO, K isn't a club drug at all. It's a tranquilizer. Maybe a bump of K when you're rollin, but not partying out with just Ketamine.
As said before, it's a matter of dosage. In very low dosages K can be stimulating and it is disinhibiting for sure. Makes a nice ... dating-aid for me to overcome social anxiety, completely other level than ethanol.

A cap wearing retard that never got high on retard cap's of DXM myself.