• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Is it true that people that snort cocaine are really talkative and can't sit still?

It's not the hedonistic drug the media makes it out to be or like breaking bad, but from what I've seen from most people is that when they even dabble in it they all inevitably go into using it daily and then they tend to fall apart. One of those people I've personally known who struggled with meth addiction hasn't even been able to get his life back together either even after stopping meth use. Heavy stim abuse can literally make one crazy and sometimes permanently so.. Heroin/meth can't be touched without losing something in my opinion.. they're just way too strong. Cocaine is arguably a "strong" drug, but it doesn't rank on the power of meth or heroin in terms of the grip it has on people imho. of course cocaine/crack addiction is a real thing lol. But I have known many people who have been able to keep their cocaine relationship as just a party drug kind of situation. I haven't done meth and I have no plans to lol, but I'd imagine it just feels way too euphoric even way more than cocaine. Adderall is already too strong

There also thing some people want really hard drug a would pick meth use every day than go down road shooting up Heroin every day. But I think it comes down to the person.

So Heroin is normally view in media as the taboo being the Junkie drug and meth taboo being lesser evil being addict drug.

If you do meth in NYC people will instantly disassociate with you. It's pretty taboo around there--obviously meth is everywhere but even heroin is more acceptable/a city thing. In all honesty I'm sure there are meth users who are good people, but the ones I've known always brought down other people around them :LOL: I don't mean offense by this post at all. Sorry I've totally derailed thread

It does not help that if you are this high on meth in public most people will fear you.

This guy should stay home if he wants to be that high. It is one thing being in public a bit high and well other being in public being super high.

That guy must have been on very hard meth binge to get that high.

In my case it's all about the set and setting. Where are we, who is with us and: very IMPORTANT: do you drink alcohol while using cocaine
I experienced myself being talkative like hell when i drink alcohol in combi with coca, but when I have a line and just sit there anywhere it relaxes me and I love listening to music then or read a book, I looke at people behave ands so on, but i do not have the desire to talk all the time.

JJ

Stims are actually one of the only things that can help me sit still for more than 20 to 30 minutes unless I'm driving a car or in a movie theater. Usually I'm in and outta my seat, pacing, wandering around while I talk to people inside or outside, context doesn't matter.

On adderall I can sit and draw, or converse with someone, for like 2 hours before I realize my back hurts and I should stand up lol.

I am already chatty and stims do make me more chatty though.

for me i always got quieter. i think the years of meth fucked it for me though. i would get fucked up and loved to be alone in the quiet. i really didn't like talking or being around people. it was more a paranoia thing. typical party drunk guy busting lines out on the table though. usually some good chats going down

Or is this a stereotypical view that people that snort cocaine or snort meth you going to be really talkative and can't sit still? Or is this is only if you are snorting lots of cocaine in short time or large amounts of cocaine in short time?
Watch american psycho

when you're coked out of your mind and have no alcohol,about to have a seizure, sweating like a pig. Yes.

I live on the east coast of the USA and you can find just about anything. Crack runs rampant, and the shit's fire. Coke, like i said, varies, but i bought a ball off the brick just yesterday. Opioids, sure. Tons of them. And pills. Yeah, a lot of pills being sold around homeless shelters since people are selling their scripts. Meth is coming here in a big way, too.
you do like your uppers, heehh , madness? XP

Coke expert meaning very social corcle with close and people i met first time fucked on dat shit.
NO stereotypes if u get talkative while you sniff dat shit its the plecebo

I usually talk a lot, but not so much with stims, with cocaine it depends, if I take a low-medium dose a talk about whatever is pleasant to me, but each one is different, but it depends on the stimulant and my mood, ritalin in a slightly high dose it leaves me without the desire to speak when it produces anxiety, like in the fall of the coke, however the depressants make me speak a lot by taking away the anxiety that I suffer chronically, much more than any stim , We are all different

Actually, doing coke helped me realize that I had ADD. I'm definitely what you would consider an extrovert- am not shy about talking. However, whenever I would do coke, I would become super focused on cutting of the lines, chopping them into very equal lines, like fixated on it type of behavior. And, I would not be social, or talkative- if anything, I became introverted and avoided talking, just one word answers to questions. It really bugged me, especially at parties. A few years later, I tried Adderall and I felt EXACTLY the same way. It kinda freaked me out, as it was exactly the same feeling, same mind set. I ended up seeing a professional about ADD and he really helped me realize that I definitely had ADD, without the Hyper-activity part (there's actually quite a few sub-types of ADD). Anyway, I ended up on medicine that was very similar to Adderall, it was Concerta- basically a time-released version of Adderall. It proved to be pretty helpful, particularly with my work, I was much more focused at work, and my desk was a bit more organized! There were many other benefits and I wasn't as stressed having several projects going on at the same time. So, you never know if someone who snorts some coke may not be all chatty and fidgety.

Stims are actually one of the only things that can help me sit still for more than 20 to 30 minutes unless I'm driving a car or in a movie theater. Usually I'm in and outta my seat, pacing, wandering around while I talk to people inside or outside, context doesn't matter.

On adderall I can sit and draw, or converse with someone, for like 2 hours before I realize my back hurts and I should stand up lol.

I am already chatty and stims do make me more chatty though.
See my post below. If stims affect you like this, you may have a form of ADD. Just a comment based on your reply about being "in and out of your seat, pacing, wandering around." And being able to draw on adderall- I'm an artist and Addy definitely allows me to focus on my drawing or painting, I can "get in a zone" and totally lose track of time. But I can also do that when completely straight- it involved tapping into a different part of my brain and it was something I learned from an art instruction book- really good book I would highly recommend to anyone who wants to seriously improve their drawing capabilities. Her book was quite the revolution at the time- Drawing From the Right Side of Your Brain" was the title, by Betty Edwards.
Apologies for jumping in here, but I just was writing about Coke and Talkativeness and then saw your post.

See my post below. If stims affect you like this, you may have a form of ADD. Just a comment based on your reply about being "in and out of your seat, pacing, wandering around." And being able to draw on adderall- I'm an artist and Addy definitely allows me to focus on my drawing or painting, I can "get in a zone" and totally lose track of time. But I can also do that when completely straight- it involved tapping into a different part of my brain and it was something I learned from an art instruction book- really good book I would highly recommend to anyone who wants to seriously improve their drawing capabilities. Her book was quite the revolution at the time- Drawing From the Right Side of Your Brain" was the title, by Betty Edwards.
Apologies for jumping in here, but I just was writing about Coke and Talkativeness and then saw your post.
Oh I was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 7 or 8, my parents just didnt believe in medication so I wasn't on stims as a kid.

I gravitated towards marijuana around 16 and just started using caffiene along with it to deal with attention issues. I tried adderall for the first time off script in college and was like "oh right yeah this works good, I see now."

LSD has also been quite useful for developing a more robust attention span and strengthening ability to manage tasks.

Among almost all the people I know who I've seen do coke - actually, I can't think of anyone for whom this was not the case - they instantly develop "diarrhea of the mouth". Meth too, usually - though what the people on meth say is generally mostly coherent, just verbose and and spoken quickly (maybe with a lot of asides and sidetracks), while people on coke are talking quickly, but not really making all that much sense.... So while it may not be universal, that stereotype is, at least in my circles, very often true!
Actually, basically the only times I really choose to do lines of coke, is when I'm hanging out with people who are doing it - if I'm not kind of coked up myself, I can't get a word in edgewise, and I want to strangle them. But what am I going to do? my room is typically the "hard drugs room" of the party, and I ain't gonna go downstairs to the weed-and-booze zone, what fun is that?! (I don't drink).... plus I feel like I should keep an eye on things. Not worried about people stealing shit (our friend group is a rarified group - even on way too much drugs, I cannot imagine anyone pinching stuff), but rather people taking dangerous drug combos or accidentally breaking stuff or knocking things over. So like, I'm kind of forced to do some coke to enjoy the scene - and like, if I am on coke too, it is fun! (I love meth, but not so much of a fan of coke, as you can probably tell)

That said, particularly someone who has some experience with the drug, and is trying to sound normal often can, to some extent (moreso meth - like if you're on coke you probably don't really want to, whereas meth has more stigma, and if on it for productivity rather than recreation, you might well be around someone who isn't and be trying to not seem tweaked out).

The "can't sit still" - that's not as common I'd say - like, people on coke who are talking are often gesturing wildly and animatedly, but meth definitely lends itself to hyperfocusing. I have definitely sat in one position for HOURS on meth...

Last edited:
Whenever I've done coke I have indeed talked my head off for the duration of the high, but then I get real silent during the comedown as my energy is zapped and I get anxious etc. Never found coke to live up to the hype. Cleaner stuff has a much smoother comedown, of course, but I've still never really got the hype. If I'm offered a line I turn it down these days.

Amphetamine can make me very talkative once I get going or it can have me focusing so hard on something I barely speak a word all day. Depends on the situation. I take it for ADHD though not to get high.

One of my friends always does too much of any kind of stim and first talks a shitload but then starts looping and just gets that stim od feeling.