• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Is it true that nice guys finish last? Or is mostly about looks??

hendobill

Greenlighter

Hello,
I am a single guy, smart, funny, respectful,sincere, but I am not with anyone. I am trying? Not really because I feel like I'm not in the position to offer much and I know this might not be a popular opinion but I believe that having the most to offer is a key to being in a good relationship. My problem with this theory is that when I did I was single and really didn't date much either. Am I really that far off? Or are my thoughts that far off? I really do care about people and I do consider myself a gentleman. Please be serious and rrespectful...

Fuck being a nice guy. A nice guy is not a gentleman. A gentleman is a man who respects himself, women, and people in general.. but is not a pushover. He can be polite and nice, but he still has spine. A nice guy doesn't.

Women are instinctively attracted to asshole guys as they exude testosterone and tend to be slightly retarded, which means a potential ego that can be 'changed' by the woman.. so that's two big ticks right there.

You can be fucking good looking but if you're a nice guy it won't take you very far.

"I'm a nice guy, nice guys finish last. Oh, you don't want to fuck me? You must only like assholes".
This mentality is shit.
Guys generally need to have more than "I'm nice". Just being "nice" doesn't guarantee attraction.

And a lot of women think a lot of men are assholes, but in actuality... A lot of women are assholes.

We're all just a bunch of selfish assholes.

"I'm a nice guy, nice guys finish last. Oh, you don't want to fuck me? You must only like assholes".
This mentality is shit.
Guys generally need to have more than "I'm nice". Just being "nice" doesn't guarantee attraction.

Very true.

Guys who just play the "nice" card and then decide they are done being nice.... they aren't genuinely nice guys.
But you do have to be more than a nice guy. Does your personality click? Etc.

Not all women are into the same thing either. For example, I know that I care more about a guy being nice, having goals, confidence (no self esteem issues and not being needy), and our personalities clicking. Money isn't a big deal, my boyfriend and I were both poor when we started dating.

There are females who like jerks though. Every female is different. Some will like you, others won't. Some females will like you only as a friend. That doesn't mean anything is wrong with you or them. It just means that situation didn't work out and it's okay.

oh look. the same old ridiculous, tired, lazy generalizations in this thread:

"Women are instinctively attracted to asshole guys..."
"...if you're a nice guy it won't take you very far"
"You need to be tall, have a high social status, and have a high income level in order to date hot women."
"you can be a nice guy and a prick in the bedroom. Women like that"

This mentality is shit.
i tend to agree.
Not all women are into the same thing either.
amen.

alasdair

1. yes.
2. no.
3. both.
4. neither.

alasdair

One of these four answers may be applicable to the thread's question depending on the particular circumstances, characters, context, and/or situation upon, to, and/or within which the question is applied or an accompaniment.

I think been raised on forms of media such as Disney and romantic movies that perpetuates 'love' and the process involved in a way that is entirely unrealistic has created a false sense of understanding of attraction and its dynamics when you factor in social, cultural and economical aspects.

It blows my mind at how much bullshit circulates as an example of how you should present yourself. The only way to learn is through experience, the more you become rejected the more you learn, the more you fall in love and out of it the greater your understanding of people and yourself; i think it's a harsh reality that people would rather not accept so they hold onto the notion of been nice that they've been taught there whole life by everything..

Hello,
I am a single guy, smart, funny, respectful,sincere, but I am not with anyone. I am trying? Not really because I feel like I'm not in the position to offer much and I know this might not be a popular opinion but I believe that having the most to offer is a key to being in a good relationship. My problem with this theory is that when I did I was single and really didn't date much either. Am I really that far off? Or are my thoughts that far off? I really do care about people and I do consider myself a gentleman. Please be serious and rrespectful...

if you give off the impression you have nothing to offer people will pick up on it.

confidence and self love ( of the deserving rather that arrogant kind) will always attract others as will happiness and smiling instead of frowning and looking pissed off. also you have to go after people to make things happen

what do you find attractive in others beyond looks and money? a certain kind of charisma . people want to be around the vibrant person with lots of positivity

Hey guys (alasdary) you do know my post was a total joke right?

Last edited:
And someone here likes to kiss ass... Cough cough.. Agreeing with the couple of hot chicks on this forum.

You know, I actually do to :)

The wrong kind of humility will make people walk all over you. Not just in regards to this issue.

One of these four answers may be applicable to the thread's question depending on the particular circumstances, characters, context, and/or situation upon, to, and/or within which the question is applied or an accompaniment.

lol y'ur wordy -
I enjoy y'ur posts thou.

Last edited:
Everyone is different, I am not sure if this is "nice guy" but I like doing small things for my GF, telling her that I love her, she is special, I love being with her all that good stuff. However, she also says she likes my confidence, passion and gratitude. She likes me physically but says that my "mind" is the most attractive.

Other girls do not give two shits about this stuff, its all about finding the right one and clicking.

These two are a match

Can we see them debate/discuss a topic.

Any topic

Its good to be a gentleman and it gets me far.

You seem a bit self conscious or lacking confidence. I don't think that is a turn on.

But in general most women worth having deserve respect but don't let a woman walk all over you.