• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is it possible to use opiates responsibly?

Agreed, something like drug of choice.

I assumed iv would be a whole different beast then oral. Currently detoxed from ethanol which really had me by the balls
The reason most addict users inject is that it's the most direct and efficient route. Once your tolerance is high enough this method of consumption gives you the biggest bang for your buck, as well as being very intense. Therefore once you go the iv route you'll generally not go back to smoking or snorting (unless you've fucked every useable vein that is). But that doesn't mean injector = addict.

I personally know a couple proper junkies that are needle-shy and exclusively chase ; I also know a handful of long-time occasional users ( 2 - 3 times monthly on average) who only inject.

It Is possible, but your tolerance will screw you and suddenly u Will need to take 10x normal dose 3times a day.

I think that it depends on your brain chemistry (addiction potential), and the reasons that you're taking it.

I had my first 5mg Vicodin for "fun" almost 20 years ago, and within a matter of months I was snorting 300mg of Oxy a day!

My mom, on the other hand, took one Tylenol w/Codeine after major surgery and never had another one.

Stay safe, my friend!