• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is DXM even worth doing?

I got a couple of ++++'s from just 500mg of MXE. Yes, DXM is for kiddies who don't have a pot connection yet. It is a gross high that makes you progressively dumber and dumber. And it tastes dis-fucking-gusting.

I've decided from this thread that I'll pass on this one. Dissociatives just probably aren't my thing.

Too bad you didnt answer

Yeah, highly unlikely you're going to like DXM if you dislike MXE.

Care to elaborate why you didnt like MXE? How was the experience, how much did you take, which ROA and how were your set & settings? What did you do under the influence? Have you tried it only once?

I just remember being extremely disoriented...also extremely lethargic (it was somewhat difficult to move), very disjointed coordination/impaired motor skills, patterns of thought that were bizarre and "non-lucid" (as opposed to psy-hallucinogens, or at least not in the way that psy-hallucinogens can appear to be). Overall it just wasn't fun for me.

IIRC I insufflated about 30 mgs. I was in my home at the time, alone. I remember mostly lying in my bed and feeling mostly like my body was just a lifeless hunk of meat that I didn't really have control over, if that makes sense. I was watching TV and the shows seemed bizarre and vaguely sinister. It wasn't exactly a bad experience or "bad trip", it just...wasn't fun, like I said. I gave the rest of what I had away to various people and a couple of them really liked the experience, though.

DXM is not worth doing without marijuana for me. I've been using DXM for many years and I still refuse to use it without marijuana. The two go together like peanut butter and jelly. Without the marijuana it's like eating just a peanut butter sandwich. Also, I absolutely won't mess with syrups anymore. It's either gels or pure powder.

I also find MXE to be quite different. Much less "alien" like. In fact none of these new dissociatives have put me into altered states as "alien" as DXM. Maybe my dissociative tolerance is just too high.

To sum it all up. DXM has been VERY much worth doing for me, but for you it may be different. People either love or hate DXM it seems.

I've only really tried DXM once but I loved it.

I experienced full blown, open eye, psychedelic visuals which were somehow jungle-esque, music sounded incredible, and then after a couple of hours I ended up in this heaven like bliss which was somehow located on a tropical beach, where every minute seemed like hours. It was a gorgeous experience.

This was off just over a half bottle of robutusin dry cough, and some weed. I tried to repeat it a week later and it didn't work.

Also for the next few weeks I experienced ridiculous synchronicities and a certain amount of de-realisation. It really hit me hard after the trip. I was a bit delusional really.

I just remember being extremely disoriented...also extremely lethargic (it was somewhat difficult to move), very disjointed coordination/impaired motor skills, patterns of thought that were bizarre and "non-lucid" (as opposed to psy-hallucinogens, or at least not in the way that psy-hallucinogens can appear to be). Overall it just wasn't fun for me.

IIRC I insufflated about 30 mgs. I was in my home at the time, alone. I remember mostly lying in my bed and feeling mostly like my body was just a lifeless hunk of meat that I didn't really have control over, if that makes sense. I was watching TV and the shows seemed bizarre and vaguely sinister. It wasn't exactly a bad experience or "bad trip", it just...wasn't fun, like I said. I gave the rest of what I had away to various people and a couple of them really liked the experience, though.
Screens blow on MXE. The proper way to get deep on it is to lie down in a dark/candle lit room, put on ambient music, and wait for the hole/visuals to come. I also find it best to shoot for 45-60mg insufflated.

The experience is much different from psychs, but in its own unique and good way. Call it half-way between psychs and opiates, best of both worlds IME.

This describes my first MXE experience almost exactly, besides the TV part. I found that it took a few experiences with MXE to learn how to use it properly. Now I would put it on par with mushrooms or LSD. However, when I first tried it, I thought it was crap and it just made me feel disoriented and strange. Dissos aren't for everyone but I feel they also have a learning curve that is different from the standard psychs. I love MXE so much now that I understand how to use it, but the first 10 or so experiences with it were all different and all a bit disorienting.

As far as DXM goes, I find it to be a disgusting, dirty high. I got tons of side effects when I tried it about 10 years ago. It made me feel fucking terrible for the whole day. I tried it about a dozen times too, to give it a fair chance, but it just wrecked my body and mind. I love 3-meo-pcp and MXE but DXM is crap in my opinion.

Yeah, first MXE experience wasnt anything like its nowadays. It was just weird. It took about 5-10 experiments with MXE alone to really fall in love with it.

DXM is the motherfucking bomb. it's the worst out of the dissociatives i've tried though (dust, mxp, mxe, k, and dxm in no particular order.)

if you can get PCP that's the best one IMO

DXM has been used by heads since the 70's. It's used by young folks these days because it's easy enough to jack it from a corner store. If you have connects for better drugs, chances are you'll use them over dxm.

i don't do dxm anymore but i'm a dissociative head. i'd take dxm over any non-dissociative other than herb.

I love DXM. It's a beautiful trip. I had my ups and downs with Coricidin, but I've completely stopped taking that brand due to the CPM and now I just do cough gels. Tonight I did 24 and tripped harder than I have in a while. It wasn't an insane trip, it was just mind opening. My movements were fluid-like and I just enjoyed everything.

hell yes! me being a dumb tween I've made myself very familiar with this drug and I say it is very so worth it, I haven't really messed with it since a rather scary overdose, I always seem to overdose on this drug for whatever reason and always have hallucinations or delusions related to aliens

Am getting robo gels in the mail today 6 bottle 300mg each. I like to trip on dxm it give me smooth robot motion feeling and it helps me breath in more deeper like my nose get unstuffed and it feel like breathing fresh air and peace.
I had big tolerance doing lot dxm like 3 month ago i was eating 900mg pills to get me to point i am confused and passout and forget who i am peacefully but didn't only me feel small threshold. My tolerance probably down by know so 600 mg would do the trick.

Dxm again

Am getting robo gels in the mail today 6 bottle 300mg each. I like to trip on dxm it give me smooth robot motion feeling and it helps me breath in more deeper like my nose get unstuffed and it feel like breathing fresh air and peace.
I had big tolerance doing lot dxm like 3 month ago i was eating 900mg pills to get me to point i am confused and passout and forget who i am peacefully but didn't only me feel small threshold. My tolerance probably down by now so 600 mg would do the trick.

I'm indulging on a DXM trip today - hopefully 600mg because that puts me in the zone!
But yeah if you can't handle dissociatives, stay away.

Yes it is pretty fun, and is great to facilitate meditation and getting in the zone for it. If you are going to take higher doses, it's best to just sit or lay down and listen to music, with your eyes closed if you want.

I like turning on my black lights and listening to dubstep while I'm on it. Regular music doesn't sound the same to me while I'm tripping.. almost like it's auto-tuned.