• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is DXM even worth doing?

If you didn't like MXE, you /most/ likely enjoy DXM. But I've never been a fan of DXM in the first place, so I might be a bit biased in the whole equation.

Mxe is somewhat similar to dxm. No, if you arent in to diss'es stay away from dxm

If it wasn't so physically taxing I would like dxm as much as mxe. Ketamine and dxm feel very similar to me. The negative side effects of DXM almost make up for ketamine's short duration. If you can handle moderate G.I. distress I would say dxm is very much worth doing, just remember that it can be very addictive for a lot of people like myself. At high doses or on an empty stomach the G.I. distress can be significant but goes away after the full effects kick in or after purging making it very much worth it in my opinion. There is a trade off when dealing with syrup and gel tabs as the syrup initally makes one nauseous but usually goes away after a while while the gels won't make you sick at first but makes you cramp through out the experience(ime). High doses are full of beautiful epiphanies/CEVs and low doses are extremely antidepressive. In my case DXM is too good/too worth doing((I'm) not very articulate I know)

Last edited:
^I had a friend who took syrup on the daily for years. He ain't the same kid I knew back in high school...

I was going to say "hell yes its worth doing" but if you've taken MXE and didn't love it then I cant imagine you'd enjoy DXM.

I've used phencyclidine, but not k. After reading some DXM accounts, I wouldn't do it if someone paid me. Correct me, but is DXM primarily used by younger people?

k is great provided you have nothing to do but lie in a hammock for an hour...or three

I've used phencyclidine, but not k. After reading some DXM accounts, I wouldn't do it if someone paid me. Correct me, but is DXM primarily used by younger people?
DXM has been used by heads since the 70's. It's used by young folks these days because it's easy enough to jack it from a corner store. If you have connects for better drugs, chances are you'll use them over dxm.

DXM has been used by heads since the 70's. It's used by young folks these days because it's easy enough to jack it from a corner store. If you have connects for better drugs, chances are you'll use them over dxm.

I *am* a head from the 70s. But I sure don't recall anyone abusing antihistamines or any other OTC substances like Robotussin. (Like the handful of Benadryl thing...what the...?!?!)

An ether jag makes more sense, but maybe I just don't understand.

I think the benadryl thing was only worth it when it was full of pseudoephedrine, which i believe was outlawed (at least in Canada)

^^I read it on erowid man. For all I know the sources coulda been bunk. Clearly you have a better reference than I!

^Here in the states pseudo is still OTC, but I seriously doubt anyone uses it to get high.

^^I read it on erowid man. For all I know the sources coulda been bunk. Clearly you have a better reference than I!

^Here in the states pseudo is still OTC, but I seriously doubt anyone uses it to get high.

Oh, pseudo/ephedrine is used to get high all right, AFTER it is reduced to methamphetamine! :!

Correct me, but is DXM primarily used by younger people?

Some would say so, but I know a few people personally that swear by it, and I see a lot of people on other forums (420 chan's /dis/ board) that also rave about it. Its definitely not for everyone, but it certainly has a loyal niche aside from angsty highschoolers

I'd say no for the reasons:
You didn't like mxe,
It's only worth doing for a specific experience,
More or less other dissociatives will be nicer than dxm. So if you can sample some of the better quality ones.

Sorry but I definitely wouldn't recommend it. After trying it twice at 300mg, I was put off it forever. And that's coming from someone who loves this kind of thing. I basically felt like part of my brain was malfunctioning (and no, not in a fun way), for about 4 or 5 days. Causing balance and co-ordination disturbances, and an impaired intelligence. Both times I recovered fully after the 4 or 5 days, but nothing else I've taken has ever caused ill effects for that long. And I'm not the only one ;)

I don't think MXE is that similar to DXM... I did MXE a few times (3? 4?) and i disliked it very much, I felt like it was an ''abridged copy'' od DXM. Dissociation on DXM is the weirdest state I've ever had while on drugs BUT I think there's no point in taking less than 750mg DXM. I usually tripped on 900mg but I started to enjoy 750mg as well as I remember more from the trip. To gain maximum effects one should eat one or two grapefruits 3-4 hours before DXM and also don't eat whole dosage at once. I have two best ways to use DXM -> lower dosage 1.5-2 hours before the rest OR the same dosage every 30 minutes (this is the way proposed by Dan Carpenter in his book and it's a powerful way, I've discovered it recently). As for the first way: for instance if you're going to eat 750mg, eat grapefruits (or drink grapefruit juice), then 3 hours later 300mg and 2 hours later 450mg of DXM and have a nice trip. Also I think that music made by Entheogenic will take you into the universe... (especially the song called Love letters to the soul).

All in all I think DXM is far more potent than MXE but one must enjoy the dissociative state. Of course after night on DXM you shouldn't be doing some important stuff the next day ;) I don;t eat DXM any more but it's a powerful drug, certainly not 'sweet' like for example tryptamines.

edit: I must say one thing: In the place where I live we have pure DXM pills. I mean there is a drug that contains DXM only. (Of course there are some syrups but I've never tested them)