Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is DXM even worth doing?

Burnt Offerings

Moderator: Drug Culture & CEP
Staff member
On the plus side, it would be really easy for me to do...all I'd have to do is go to the store and buy a bunch of pure DXM gel caps. But a lot of the experience reports of "robo trips" don't sound terribly appealing to me, plus the one dissociative that I have done (MXE) I didn't really care for.

I have personally met one or two people who have spoken very highly of the experience, though.

I have fairly extensive experience with psychedelic hallucinogens but extremely limited experience with dissociatives....opinions?

DXM is going to feel pretty taxing. I would say if you didn't like MXE you probably wont like DXM because for me MXE isn't too similar to it, it's much better, shorter and doesn't take as much out of you for as long.
Sounds like Dissos may just not be your thing.

DXM is a good week of cognitive impairment at a relatively high dose 300mg+. Even at 240mg I have problems with speech and memory in work and such.

It is truly a beautiful drug in it's own right. I did some last night with DPH and it was trippy. The afterglow is the absolute best with DXM.

The gels are good. Takes a while to kick tho. Its is definitely worth doing. Once your stomach is relatively strong. Last night was the first time I ever puked on it.

But if you like dissociatives then you'd like DXM. Very nice CEVs. Weed is the absolute best to mix with it. Gives H euphoria ROFL

If you don't like MXE then I would be VERY suprised if you like DXM.
MXE is a smoother, stronger and better dissociative with fewer side effects (less physical impairment and no double-vision). DXM is really dirty in comparison.

Yeah, the answer is no. If you didn't care for MXE then you will much more than likely hate DXM. For all the reasons already stated, it's basically going to be like MXE in terms of causing dissociation but with less euphoria and lots of side effects.

Just to add a different perspective though, to the person who said 300+ mg is a week of impairment.... 600 mg lasts like three hours for me, and I'm completely normal the next day. Reactions vary.

interesting
i care for mxe; just not how long it lasts and it takes forever for me to come up.
love K though; blows mxe out of the water. no idea how people like mxe more
if you like k you probably like dxm? :p
ive still never ingested dxm..... on the to do list
also PCP
** also you can do retarded amounts of k and feel pretty ok
do barely too much mxe and you will have a massive shitty hangover for an entire day

I've never had an MXE hangover. I think making sure your schedule is clear so you can sleep in and making sure you drink water during the experience is probably key.

I like MXE way more than I like Ketamine. But that's just me, and for my own personal reasons. And that isn't to say I dislike K in anyway. I just like that MXE lasts longer and it helps me in ways that Ketamine cannot help me.

If I'm trying to get really fucked up on MXE but taking it slowly then yes it does take a long time to come up to the right spot that I want to be at. But hey, it's easy to maintain after that.

Again though, if you don't like MXE. I wouldn't recommend DXM. I could only imagine you would be on BL a couple days later talking about how you don't understand how people enjoy that and how you didn't like it at all.

Yeah, highly unlikely you're going to like DXM if you dislike MXE.

Care to elaborate why you didnt like MXE? How was the experience, how much did you take, which ROA and how were your set & settings? What did you do under the influence? Have you tried it only once?

MXE and DXM are not the same. Some people don't like dissociatives; if the trip reports are offputting to you experiencing it yourself isn't going to be cool.
I prefer diss over psys any day, but I couldn't stomach DXM these days. Nasty stuff, but I had some great experiences during my stint with it and I'd probably do it now and again if I could bring myself to.

bro get a blunt and 300mg worth and some good music i promise it won't NOT be worth it. You won't even feel sick or anything. You may get some shittings but it is a very potent drug. If you're a fan of euphoria then you'd absolutely love the THC+DXM combo!

To even ask a drug if it's worth it is a statement of LACK. Only experience allows you to KNOW a drug. What we tell you is subjective.

Maybe that time you took the MXE it didn't agree with your setting. Maybe you took too much? Maybe you took too little?

I won't consider any drug NOT worth it unless it's Heroin/Crack/Meth. Since those drugs have such a high risk for addiction. You're not likely to get addicted or brain damage from doing DXM ONCE so I'd definitely say that it IS worth it!

GL and Fly safe!! The sky awaits you

^ I told this to a close friend once to get him to try 300 mg, in a great setting with tons of weed available. He spent the entire trip puking his guts out, definitely tripping, but with no considerable euphoria to speak of. He has never once considered trying it again. I agree that the only true way to know something is to try it yourself, but promising people things they very well may not get is not the way to get them to try it. ;)

Fair enough. I've had all my friends drink a bottle = 236mg on their first times. They all thoroughly enjoyed it. 1 of them projectile vomited and while the other thought he had to take a shit, he sat on the toilet shitting and then proceeded to vomit on his lap. While that may sound gross they absolutely enjoyed the trip. They couldn't care less that they vomited cuz they said they felt so good. The fact that the OP has gel caps will work to his advantage. Vomiting from the gel-caps is usually rare no? The most you may get is a soft stomach.

I even vomited this weekend from DXM and I still enjoyed the trip!

The nausea before vomiting on DXM is easily one of the worst feelings I've ever felt. I just can't remember any occasion I've felt that sick. Knowing it will be over as soon as you puke and the trip starts helps a little but still its horrible.

Weird thing was that 300mg for me was nausea free when ~450mg made me vomit. I think 600mg is a guaranteed vomiting and nausea for most people. I highly recommend smoking weed, at least I'm not gonna bother with DXM if I don't have weed.

You sir^^ are clearly talking about the cough syrup am I wrong? For I have taken 600mg worth of gel-caps twice and never even felt nausea

You sir^^ are clearly talking about the cough syrup am I wrong? For I have taken 600mg worth of gel-caps twice and never even felt nausea

450mg of pure DXM powder made me puke and 600mg extraction from cough syrup too

And I'm not very prone to nausea when it comes to other substances

For some strange reason people talk about vomiting from pure DXM extract and powder. I really wonder if it's simply the nature of the drug to purge. I have never vomited but once and that was the most recent. I will be doing an Agent Lemon soon though and would see what happens. I thought the point of the extraction was to avoid puking. Maybe it's just to avoid drinking the syrup. I think doing DXM is the most difficult to do because of the ROA. I definitely won't be going through online purchase for it.

If you took a disassociative drug like MXE and did not enjoy it you probably won't like DXM.

I've never taken DXM or any sort of disassociative drugs but my friends who were into them loved DXM, K, and PCP.

Fair enough. I've had all my friends drink a bottle = 236mg on their first times. They all thoroughly enjoyed it. 1 of them projectile vomited and while the other thought he had to take a shit, he sat on the toilet shitting and then proceeded to vomit on his lap. While that may sound gross they absolutely enjoyed the trip. They couldn't care less that they vomited cuz they said they felt so good. The fact that the OP has gel caps will work to his advantage. Vomiting from the gel-caps is usually rare no? The most you may get is a soft stomach. I even vomited this weekend from DXM and I still enjoyed the trip!

Oh believe me, I know you can still enjoy a trip after puking! Haha. For the record though, my friend's disaster of a trip was from 300 mg of the gel caps, so I wouldn't bet on them being less so. Unfortunately, he could never enjoy his trip, because it wasn't puking and then tripping... it was puking while tripping, as in like, four hours of tripping, four hours of puking. He did find the closed-eye visuals to be interesting, but didn't get any euphoria or really any pleasant sensations except for some fun with controllable hallucinations. I'm in a similar boat, but thankfully without the constant puking.... I just get the come up puke, if it happens. But, while I do find the visuals and mindset to also be very interesting, I've never felt anything even remotely resembling euphoria on DXM. I would actually call it the most neutral drug I've ever tried, not really either good or bad, just sort of interesting. Different strokes.

For some strange reason people talk about vomiting from pure DXM extract and powder. I really wonder if it's simply the nature of the drug to purge. I have never vomited but once and that was the most recent. I will be doing an Agent Lemon soon though and would see what happens. I thought the point of the extraction was to avoid puking. Maybe it's just to avoid drinking the syrup. I think doing DXM is the most difficult to do because of the ROA. I definitely won't be going through online purchase for it.

I believe that that is the case. I have heard of people puking with pure powder just as much as in any other form. But, it's important to remember that there are multiple factors involved. Some people will have iron stomachs and never once get nauseous, and some will puke from come up to come down like my poor friend. However, it's worth noting that everyone's stomachs will react differently not only to DXM, but to the inactive ingredients as well; i.e., if something in the syrup or cough gels is making you puke, then pure powder will be a likely improvement. On the other hand, how much your stomach is primed for delivery also matters. That is to say, a nasty syrup might make you more nauseous than powder because your stomach will reject it, but a delicious syrup might make you less nauseous than powder. So far I've found that people who actually enjoy the taste of Robitussin fairly consistently get little to no nausea from it. The same is true for me from Delsym, which I somewhat enjoy the flavor of, but Robitussin, which I find disgusting, makes me puke. So, I would say that probably the most likely response to powder is reduced nausea, but it's not the only response.