• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is drug induced permanent enlightenment possible?

It's a fleeting thing. Sometimes life sucks.

I think this is one of the main things you have to realize before you can make any 'progress'-- Sometimes life sucks, sometimes its an ecstatic experience. Those times when you feel enlightened, you already know that you'll probably feel just as bad sometime in the near-future. Taking the good and the bad of everything with a grain of salt is when you know you're getting somewhere-- not that there is anywhere to get ;)

So, applying these principals to a psychedelic experience: you're at baseline (lets use drug terms for effect), then you ingest... mescaline. An hour later, your perception of reality is now at a 3 where it was once at a 1. Still an hour and a half later, at the peak of your trip, your perception is at an 8, and it slowly comes back down to say, 5. You might feel feelings of empathy, euphoria, a one-ness during your trip, but slowly these feelings dissipate (it could be months or years later, but still, they fade). Now this is where you have a choice: re-dose, in hopes of regaining that "level 8 perception," or learn from your experience and find a way to apply that knowledge to life. Those that continue to use psychedelics are basically banging their heads against a door, over and over. This may not be a popular opinion here in PD, but is one trip not enough to stimulate a life-time of questions...?

Anyway, Enlightenment is a process of constant effort (or lack-of-effort perhaps). <3

Well enlightenment trumps any drug high because the state is essentially a heaven where even experiencing hell is bliss. You name it, I've probably done it. No heroin, although I trust myself to, there's no point. Psychedelics are pretty much the only thing worthwhile. Even weed is pointless. Increasing the dosage is not the answer when enlightenment is in question but a 2g shroom trip is quite weak if you haven't yet experienced/known "enlightenment." Shrooms muddy the mind too much imo for your goal anyway. LSA, or E is prob your best bet. And LSA is easy to obtain online.

Defining enlightenment with language is impossible though. You can't give it a definition. Lol. but that was funny and a decent description of an infinite number. My great awakening moment was actually and unexpectedly on moon rock. (pure mdma..I guess. I'm actually unclear as to what it is exactly. don't care anymore). I didn't feel physically "high" strangely. A bit tingly but the rest was mental. I awoke to reality FULLY and with a more sober mind that could experience it with all cognitive ability. I could describe it to you in great detail and most say they feel "mind-fucked" when I start relaying all the simultaneous truths of the universe I suddenly knew but it won't get you there. It is a different kind of "knowing" from there. Or rather here. And I'm pretty educated in psychology. For now, there is no substance that will leave you there permanently by one time-use or repeated use as far as I can tell.

Our brains have a characteristic called "neuro-plasticity" which means it can physically re-network and reconfigure itself. For example in brain-damage cases, neurons die and it will ingeniously delegate the dead neurons' processes to other neurons. Even slowly losing half your brain, you can live a relatively normal life. A monks brain is physically different than the average joe's and activity changes drastically when they meditate. The frontal lobe enlarges over time and "love" becomes the new baseline "feeling" of the being.

It is invaluable to experience it drug-induced just once. I have been almost entirely sober 5 months since the (full) experience because that was I was somewhat unknowingly seeking in all my drug use. Its all any human on this earth is seeking in one way or another. Now that I know what it is, I have a better chance of honing and practicing the mind state. And once since the experience I had edibles, which let me into it so easily. As for becoming a Buddhist...I wouldn't confine myself to such beliefs. I call myself "Buddhist" because it is the closest I can get to labeling myself religiously and their goal and knowledge is the same as mine, but they're confining to join imo. I never would have experienced psychedelics being born among them. But their guidelines are purely in place to help you get there. Anyways...gl. I'm glad i type fast :p