• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

is death the only true nirvana and enlightenment?

Life entails suffering and illusion of the world around us, Death is liberation from this physical pain and suffering that affects all living creatures. Death if it brings us eternal peace would be the only true eternal nirvana if we were not destined to be born again or if hell or heaven exists. My faith i still believe there is something after death whatever it entails 5meo tells me it would be eternal white light peace/love same with LSD.
I’m not entirely sure what nirvana means but I’m going to assume that nirvana is integration of all the aspects of you that make you feel fragmented and separate from the rest of reality. In that case you would have to be reborn over and over again in order for you to eventually reach that state.
But if hell truly exists then death would also not be nirvana for a good majority of all humans to ever live.
Heaven and hell to me are all existing right now. You can choose to go to hell by creating experiences for yourself that put you deeper into unconscious living and deterministic perpetual suffering. And I do believe that this process can be carried over into your afterlife to where you will feel the sensation of being in “Hell” (which is subjected to people’s beliefs about what hell should feel like.) I do not think it is someplace you go forever after you die to punish you. Nor do I believe that it is a separate place far far away from here.
Would death be nirvana if we simply just dissolved into nothingness and no longer consciousness? This would entail been born again since the underlying awareness of the universe experiencing itself thus death would entail the endless cycle of rebirth into new lifeforms.

What can be said about death is that is probably true enlightenment and truth a final conclusive answer the person receives whatever actually happens in the end. Buddhists warn not to praise death as nirvana or enlightement to avoid people just taking their lifes to escape pain. But endless rebirth seems like a pointless fucking universe to me. I truly believe in the end of all of existence one day but that awareness would survive after that in a eternal point of nothingness til another universe is reborn to take it place under the cyclic cosmological interpretation.
I think we live in a state of both nothingness and everythingness... depending on what dimension you are tapped into. At the highest possible dimension, reality appears as a simulation field that consists of nothingness and limitless potential to create all things in existence including many other universes other than our own. But this is in fact the true form of god in its nakedness. And it is not something that reveals itself later on but is in fact existing right now as we speak. It is just the mere problem of us becoming aware of that aspect and breaking through the illusion that there has to be either nothingness or everythingness. It is both existing at the same time.

Death could also be a illusion and that we are simply god dividing itself into endless infinite pieces to experience its all powerful creative mind. and death simply connects us back to source til we get bored again and thus life could be a fucking horrible video game simulation of the mind of god.

I want a endless sleep when i die consciousness is to draining after years and years of been alive.
That is from your human perspective. But I believe that when we die our perspective changes dramatically and we don’t experience things like boredom or exhaustion or tediousness. Or at least not as much as we feel in these physical bodies.
Everything in this physical world is filtered through the brain and our chemicals running through it be it serotonin, LSD or any drug. No one has come back from the dead unless you believe Jesus was resurrected to tell us what happens but i believe in the moments that can closely replicate physical death like 5meo-dmt gives us the best insight into it but i still have doubts in every one been god cause if it is then our deduction is that god is flawed and evil since this a reflection of man kinds nature.
I happen to believe that Jesus did in fact come back from the dead. However it is not as far fetched of a concept as people might think. I think if we reach a certain point of enlightenment and awareness then everyone will eventually be able to raise from the dead. That is what the Bible was trying to convey when they talk about eternal life. Once you become such a pure vessel for the god energy to flow through you, you cannot become a match to death because you realize that life and death are the same thing and when you die you don’t actually die at all but merely move onto another state of awareness.

It is hard for people to grasp the idea that god is everyone because your ego makes you forget that if god is everyone then that means you yourself are god saying that god is flawed and evil. It is not you as a separate person criticizing gods ability to be flawed. It is god criticizing god for being evil. The same as if you were to criticize yourself for intentionally creating an uncomfortable situation for yourself that was meant to help you grow as a person. If evil exists then it is god doing evil unto himself to gain enlightenment and awareness and to gain knowledge about his self and to progress in that particular evolution. God has to experience the illusion of separateness and pain and suffering to gain more insight into what god is and to gain self awareness about its own existence. So from that point of view it is not necessarily considered “evil”. People are just so used to seeing god as a separate being that is imposing its will upon our lives without our consent but it is really not true. Everything evil you have ever seen or experienced in the world is a necessary tool for your own growth and your own spiritual expansion and was brought into your reality for a reason. It is hard to see it that way and it does seem random and pointless and cruel at times but we would learn nothing and gain nothing if we lived in a state of never ending happiness and bliss.

I’m not entirely sure what nirvana means but I’m going to assume that nirvana is integration of all the aspects of you that make you feel fragmented and separate from the rest of reality. In that case you would have to be reborn over and over again in order for you to eventually reach that state.

Heaven and hell to me are all existing right now. You can choose to go to hell by creating experiences for yourself that put you deeper into unconscious living and deterministic perpetual suffering. And I do believe that this process can be carried over into your afterlife to where you will feel the sensation of being in “Hell” (which is subjected to people’s beliefs about what hell should feel like.) I do not think it is someplace you go forever after you die to punish you. Nor do I believe that it is a separate place far far away from here.

I think we live in a state of both nothingness and everythingness... depending on what dimension you are tapped into. At the highest possible dimension, reality appears as a simulation field that consists of nothingness and limitless potential to create all things in existence including many other universes other than our own. But this is in fact the true form of god in its nakedness. And it is not something that reveals itself later on but is in fact existing right now as we speak. It is just the mere problem of us becoming aware of that aspect and breaking through the illusion that there has to be either nothingness or everythingness. It is both existing at the same time.

That is from your human perspective. But I believe that when we die our perspective changes dramatically and we don’t experience things like boredom or exhaustion or tediousness. Or at least not as much as we feel in these physical bodies.

I happen to believe that Jesus did in fact come back from the dead. However it is not as far fetched of a concept as people might think. I think if we reach a certain point of enlightenment and awareness then everyone will eventually be able to raise from the dead. That is what the Bible was trying to convey when they talk about eternal life. Once you become such a pure vessel for the god energy to flow through you, you cannot become a match to death because you realize that life and death are the same thing and when you die you don’t actually die at all but merely move onto another state of awareness.

It is hard for people to grasp the idea that god is everyone because your ego makes you forget that if god is everyone then that means you yourself are god saying that god is flawed and evil. It is not you as a separate person criticizing gods ability to be flawed. It is god criticizing god for being evil. The same as if you were to criticize yourself for intentionally creating an uncomfortable situation for yourself that was meant to help you grow as a person. If evil exists then it is god doing evil unto himself to gain enlightenment and awareness and to gain knowledge about his self and to progress in that particular evolution. God has to experience the illusion of separateness and pain and suffering to gain more insight into what god is and to gain self awareness about its own existence. So from that point of view it is not necessarily considered “evil”. People are just so used to seeing god as a separate being that is imposing its will upon our lives without our consent but it is really not true. Everything evil you have ever seen or experienced in the world is a necessary tool for your own growth and your own spiritual expansion and was brought into your reality for a reason. It is hard to see it that way and it does seem random and pointless and cruel at times but we would learn nothing and gain nothing if we lived in a state of never ending happiness and bliss.
thanks for your post this was a old thread and i slowly been changing my ideas since then. I know also believed jesus was raised from the dead now.

You fully understand it all. I hope to empty myself out one day and stop my judgement of others so i can stop getting so caught up in this world

You fully understand it all. I hope to empty myself out one day and stop my judgement of others so i can stop getting so caught up in this world
Do you think you are a particularly judgemental person? Does it cause you problems in life?

I think "enlightenment", "spirituality", "nirvana", all these words are coined in today's society, and have lost any meaning. If I need to photograph myself being spiritual, I'm not being spiritual. If I need to document my travels to enlightenment, I am not enlightened. Even if I assume to be enlightened, I am the opposite.

So none of these hold any true meaning, because only through detachment can we achieve them, not by hunting after them. So, to answer your question, yes I think death is the only way out. We're too attached to the world around us, and we will always re-evaluate self, ergo never be able to truly detach, otherwise we would just forget about self.

There's this old Buddhist folkore tale of a monk finding a scorpion drowning in the river, so he wants to help, picks it up, the scorpion gets scared and stings him, plops down back into the river; the monk wants to help again, and so on and so on, being stuck in a loop. The moral of the story is a bit weird, but hits the spot I've been trying to scratch here - only if the Monk stops giving a shit, life can go on. Funny, really.

Is it posssible to "not give a shit"? That's something I still try to find out.
There's many who claim they have achieved "enlightenment", but only a fool would call themselves smart

yes its part of my dark soul i want to eventually move foward from i have been a very vengeful person my whole life and it has lead me down many dark roads.
I've been through some pretty dark stuff recently. I believe that it's some karma from a previous life that needs balancing out. I think we have all had previous lives on this planet and they can all affect us in this life, it's part of our DNA.

At this point I think death is the only way out for me. I can't handle living anymore.

At this point I think death is the only way out for me. I can't handle living anymore.
Believe me I know how you feel, I spent a big part of my life wishing I wasn't here. But I'm living proof things can change.
How long have you felt like this?

I don’t have a lot of time for people who renounce life. I think the point of it is to find our limits and know conclusively what they are. To know how far we can and will go to fulfill some potential in being that we have. It’s different for different people and nobody can totally fulfil their whole selves because we are just capable of so much as human beings. But the challenge of finding out the essence of who we are at our best is probably the point of life. To live consciously and with agency rather than merely existing and waiting for time to run out.
Well if I'm honest here for a minute, I'll just say that I don't know why I was born. I'd say there was no reason for me being born as I don't carry beliefs in any divine creation. I wouldn't mind accepting that I'm actually a person who's been here all along and just don't remember or remember myself in varying states of consciousness, but it's not necessary to me feeling validated as a human being

I don't particularly think being human is good. It's not anything except breath to me. The most interesting part of life to me is finding myself. I mean I can spend my entire life meeting others and trying to live it up but if I do it not knowing myself then I won't remember any of it. Peace

I haven't reached nirvana but close in a place where I continually saw myself being born and I even had a memory of myself before I was born in a different dimension. That dimension I tend to think of as my imagination but it could've been the forming of my body or mind. Nirvana is/can be when one supposedly enters a state of mind where they can separate fact from fiction in wordly matters in regards their own physicality and memories of self, more or less. This is based on what I've observed and read, though
For me it isn't helpful to believe in what I know I haven't experienced and never having experienced these realms I don't believe in them. There's nothing wrong with daydreaming but defining oneself based on made up or borrowed ideas isn't healthy, in my experience at least. It might be helpful for some though. Who am I to judge? I just think it's important to figure out what we already know before jumping to conclusions about reality
I get the first part of your perspective (but don't quite articulate it the same way/agree with it) but the part about being in the highest dimension doesn't make sense to me based on what I know about frequencies and dimensional access. For example, gamma waves are useful to focus on when trying to access astral planes and they're sort of low versus others like pink or white noise

I like what you say about god and nakedness even if it was meant differently. I tend to think I see gods in nature manifesting themselves there rather than in books. I mean everything's better live I suppose, hehe. Anyway that's why I tend to have pagan ideas like my ancestors did even if I think organized religion is kind of bogus
I think nothing happens because we're somewhere else even if that place is still on Earth if that makes sense. Kind of like oxygen is always there. It doesn't die even if it's absent
Plenty have risen from the dead and still do. I guess you know that it's not a miracle then so then faith is needed to believe what a scribe recorded
No offense meant but I don't believe in God (never have) and the idea of human deities seems quite Greek or Roman to me on its surface. Also I have no reason to believe in God or in being a god since I'm perfectly comfortable being alone and already know where I came from. Why would I need to believe that I'm divine? And if I'm divine wouldn't that make religion true and make me a liar?

Since I'm not a liar I don't agree, but politely disagree with what you're saying here

For me it isn't helpful to believe in what I know I haven't experienced and never having experienced these realms I don't believe in them. There's nothing wrong with daydreaming but defining oneself based on made up or borrowed ideas isn't healthy, in my experience at least. It might be helpful for some though. Who am I to judge? I just think it's important to figure out what we already know before jumping to conclusions about reality
There are ways to figure out the characteristics of other dimensions and existences. You would just have to have that sensitivity to tune into those frequencies and receive the information that’s already communicating itself to you on a daily basis.

Our imagination is the precursor to reality so it will benefit us to think of as many possibilities as we can no matter how ridiculous they may sound. The more your strengthen your imagination and your ability to discern what is real and what is illusion, the more you will be able to determine the objective reality behind all conflicting ideologies and theories. Science and skepticism have actually closed off the mind and limited its capacity to exercise the imagination and to solve complicated problems at a rate that would terrify an old lady.

And they achieved this by setting boundaries and restrictions and rules upon a reality that is free flowing in nature and is ever expansive. Those are two opposing forces at work and it will continue for as long as they are unwilling to realize that they are just a reflection of eachother and they need to create harmony and balance by sharing opposing views and figuring out how they all coexist in the grand scheme of things. Our subjective individual interpretation is only a fragment of the bigger picture that we are unable to perceive of yet.
No offense meant but I don't believe in God (never have) and the idea of human deities seems quite Greek or Roman to me on its surface. Also I have no reason to believe in God or in being a god since I'm perfectly comfortable being alone and already know where I came from. Why would I need to believe that I'm divine? And if I'm divine wouldn't that make religion true and make me a liar?

Since I'm not a liar I don't agree, but politely disagree with what you're saying here
It is because of the Greeks and the Romans and the western philosophies that you are as skeptical towards deities as you are. As well as many other people. All of these ideologies were reiteration of preexisting ideologies that stretch back farther than we are able to record and gather any information about.

These ideas did not just come out of nowhere. It might seem that way to the generation of people who tend to value the washed up processed artificial version of anything that was initially made holy and pure. And that is what these western religions essentially are. However the concepts embedded in them are not fake. But they took older versions of stories and ideas and facts that were created from generations before them and filtered it through their own way of seeing things which happened to be a less enlightened consciousness and had to do more with fear and condemnation and survival and conflict. They did not have that same connection to the divine that their ancestors did which was secure and genuine and spiritually mature and more expansive. It is the same as a child trying to do what the parent is doing but the child misunderstands it or becomes selfish with it. That is what all of western mythology and mysticism is.

The realization of your own spiritual nature could be a life changing thing and is filled with many things that can be of benefit to you and to others. You are too focused on your centralized perception of who you are and your own individual life that you cannot see outside of yourself and see how outside of that centralized box their is a world of endless possibility and magic and different ways of thinking that can allow you to become the person you want to be and create the kind of life you want. But more importantly it will integrate you with your higher consciousness and allow you to expand your circle of awareness and compassion and allow be more accepting of others and forming deep intimate relationships that have true connection and openness. You will be able to be more imaginative and more creative and more productive as well as more understanding and compassionate. It can cure illnesses like cancer and schizophrenia and end world hunger and pedophilia and end all of the things that plague our world mental or physical. You will be able to heal yourself and heal others mentally and physically and be in a state of complete and total allowing where there is no resistance towards what you really want in life and to create the best possible outcomes for every situation and every life changing decision you will have to make.

However atheists in and of themselves ironically tend to be very spiritual without them even knowing it. There are great benefits to purely focusing on your physicality and fully immersing yourself in the illusion of physical life without the constant awareness that it is indeed an illusion and some sort of grand play to facilitate expansion and higher awareness. But like i said, it is important to realize your divine self in order to expand your own awareness and stretch the limits of who you are and the things you are presently able to perceive and to break the boundaries that we set up in our minds that keeps us solidified in our idea of ourselves or who we think we are supposed to be. Boundaries that keep us in an individualistic self involved mind state which is what science and skepticism ultimately do. It perpetuates the idea that we are all separate from eachother and that we shouldn’t trust eachother or trust ourselves and our intuition and as a result it causes more conflict and more separateness within the community of people that make our society and does not reflect the true objective nature of reality which is what they confidently claim.

Science is not the only truth. Religion is not the only truth. They are only fragments. True spirituality comes from a result of realizing that all of these seemingly opposing constructs are part of one single plasma of consciousness that holds everything together within the multiverses. That is the type of awareness that we need to maintain in order to end conflict and hate and violence in the world. Because then people will realize that when they hurt others they are hurting themselves at the same time and you cannot harm someone if you feel that pain as well. But people will not accept that because they are too egocentric and too defensive and have survival of the fittest mentalities to only protect their centralized circle whether it be themselves or a particular group of people that feel like they are being oppressed or victimized or attacked in some way which is intensifying nowadays in this generation which is all the more reason for more people to become aware of this metaphysical aspect of reality and awaken themselves to their higher potential and to find a way to be of service to others by living out your life purpose.

I can go on and on about why it is important to be aware of this stuff but it is ultimately up to the person to make that decision whether or not they want to explore further and to open their capacity to trust the energies around and to have faith that there are other beings and life forms that have lived for way longer than we have and have so much more knowledge and wisdom than we can possibly imagine and they are constantly communicating with us and giving us ideas and giving us knowledge and information that is helpful to our lives and we are not even aware that they are doing it. We just think that we think things out of nowhere and we don’t really question it much but once you do start to question it you gradually start to realize their are other extensions of you that go beyond your physical body and brain and there are other extensions to reality that is not limited to your average life of getting out of bed and going to work and school and being in traffic or going to the dmv or something. Spirituality can end boredom and loneliness and the phenomenon of losing stamina/power/energy/motivation. That is when we will really be able to change and bring life back to our planet which is having all its resources and elements exploited for the benefit of the same kind of people who steered the three major religions of the western world and perverted the holy sanctity of the original word of what we call god.

God is just a word most people use when they are describing something that is seemingly out of their control or when something good happens to them. But god goes beyond that. God is the combination of both good and evil, reality and illusion, separateness and togetherness, nothingness and everythingness. God is the ultimate unifier of all things that polarize eachother and cause disharmony and imbalance within the system. Which means that you yourself are god because our humanness is also apart of the oneness that created this whole reality.

Last edited:
There are ways to figure out the characteristics of other dimensions and existences. You would just have to have that sensitivity to tune into those frequencies and receive the information that’s already communicating itself to you on a daily basis.
..or rather bypass distractions. I've never had to do this personally as I was already astral projecting by accident as a 7-year old but when I became an adult I had to learn it all over again if that makes sense. I also learned to reach higher planes which I think you'd talked about earlier
Our imagination is the precursor to reality so it will benefit us to think of as many possibilities as we can no matter how ridiculous they may sound. The more your strengthen your imagination and your ability to discern what is real and what is illusion, the more you will be able to determine the objective reality behind all conflicting ideologies and theories. Science and skepticism have actually closed off the mind and limited its capacity to exercise the imagination and to solve complicated problems at a rate that would terrify an old lady.
I see the imagination as a roadblock that prevents people from entering other realms. I think this falls under individual experience though so I don't know if it's helpful to generalize this without some sort of context. For example I already know what's real and what's imaginary since I wasn't born with a block but I may have trouble discerning reality on the astral plane and I can't watch things going on in the real world like I know some people can
And they achieved this by setting boundaries and restrictions and rules upon a reality that is free flowing in nature and is ever expansive. Those are two opposing forces at work and it will continue for as long as they are unwilling to realize that they are just a reflection of eachother and they need to create harmony and balance by sharing opposing views and figuring out how they all coexist in the grand scheme of things. Our subjective individual interpretation is only a fragment of the bigger picture that we are unable to perceive of yet.
Okay that's interesting and I've never heard that before
It is because of the Greeks and the Romans and the western philosophies that you are as skeptical towards deities as you are. As well as many other people. All of these ideologies were reiteration of preexisting ideologies that stretch back farther than we are able to record and gather any information about.
I'm not a skeptic. I don't have any belief but the God particle idea reminds me of deifying humans in that context
These ideas did not just come out of nowhere. It might seem that way to the generation of people who tend to value the washed up processed artificial version of anything that was initially made holy and pure. And that is what these western religions essentially are. However the concepts embedded in them are not fake. But they took older versions of stories and ideas and facts that were created from generations before them and filtered it through their own way of seeing things which happened to be a less enlightened consciousness and had to do more with fear and condemnation and survival and conflict. They did not have that same connection to the divine that their ancestors did which was secure and genuine and spiritually mature and more expansive. It is the same as a child trying to do what the parent is doing but the child misunderstands it or becomes selfish with it. That is what all of western mythology and mysticism is.

The realization of your own spiritual nature could be a life changing thing and is filled with many things that can be of benefit to you and to others. You are too focused on your centralized perception of who you are and your own individual life that you cannot see outside of yourself and see how outside of that centralized box their is a world of endless possibility and magic and different ways of thinking that can allow you to become the person you want to be and create the kind of life you want. But more importantly it will integrate you with your higher consciousness and allow you to expand your circle of awareness and compassion and allow be more accepting of others and forming deep intimate relationships that have true connection and openness. You will be able to be more imaginative and more creative and more productive as well as more understanding and compassionate. It can cure illnesses like cancer and schizophrenia and end world hunger and pedophilia and end all of the things that plague our world mental or physical. You will be able to heal yourself and heal others mentally and physically and be in a state of complete and total allowing where there is no resistance towards what you really want in life and to create the best possible outcomes for every situation and every life changing decision you will have to make.
I don't disagree with what you're saying. I just can't agree with it but that might be because I don't identify with it. I think the fact is that we all are unique and come from different points of knowledge when we come here so I wouldn't assume to know these things
However atheists in and of themselves ironically tend to be very spiritual without them even knowing it.
I guess or maybe they aren't atheists after all. I definitely don't hold onto any ideas about spirits or New Age ideas. I just go by my experience. Holding onto abstract ideas is like going to school for me. It's not in my nature, which is perfectly normal too
There are great benefits to purely focusing on your physicality and fully immersing yourself in the illusion of physical life without the constant awareness that it is indeed an illusion and some sort of grand play to facilitate expansion and higher awareness. But like i said, it is important to realize your divine self in order to expand your own awareness and stretch the limits of who you are and the things you are presently able to perceive and to break the boundaries that we set up in our minds that keeps us solidified in our idea of ourselves or who we think we are supposed to be. Boundaries that keep us in an individualistic self involved mind state which is what science and skepticism ultimately do. It perpetuates the idea that we are all separate from eachother and that we shouldn’t trust eachother or trust ourselves and our intuition and as a result it causes more conflict and more separateness within the community of people that make our society and does not reflect the true objective nature of reality which is what they confidently claim.

Science is not the only truth. Religion is not the only truth. They are only fragments. True spirituality comes from a result of realizing that all of these seemingly opposing constructs are part of one single plasma of consciousness that holds everything together within the multiverses. That is the type of awareness that we need to maintain in order to end conflict and hate and violence in the world. Because then people will realize that when they hurt others they are hurting themselves at the same time and you cannot harm someone if you feel that pain as well. But people will not accept that because they are too egocentric and too defensive and have survival of the fittest mentalities to only protect their centralized circle whether it be themselves or a particular group of people that feel like they are being oppressed or victimized or attacked in some way which is intensifying nowadays in this generation which is all the more reason for more people to become aware of this metaphysical aspect of reality and awaken themselves to their higher potential and to find a way to be of service to others by living out your life purpose.

I can go on and on about why it is important to be aware of this stuff but it is ultimately up to the person to make that decision whether or not they want to explore further and to open their capacity to trust the energies around and to have faith that there are other beings and life forms that have lived for way longer than we have and have so much more knowledge and wisdom than we can possibly imagine and they are constantly communicating with us and giving us ideas and giving us knowledge and information that is helpful to our lives and we are not even aware that they are doing it. We just think that we think things out of nowhere and we don’t really question it much but once you do start to question it you gradually start to realize their are other extensions of you that go beyond your physical body and brain and there are other extensions to reality that is not limited to your average life of getting out of bed and going to work and school and being in traffic or going to the dmv or something. Spirituality can end boredom and loneliness and the phenomenon of losing stamina/power/energy/motivation. That is when we will really be able to change and bring life back to our planet which is having all its resources and elements exploited for the benefit of the same kind of people who steered the three major religions of the western world and perverted the holy sanctity of the original word of what we call god.

God is just a word most people use when they are describing something that is seemingly out of their control or when something good happens to them. But god goes beyond that. God is the combination of both good and evil, reality and illusion, separateness and togetherness, nothingness and everythingness. God is the ultimate unifier of all things that polarize eachother and cause disharmony and imbalance within the system. Which means that you yourself are god because our humanness is also apart of the oneness that created this whole reality.
Sure but I don't recognize good and evil the way religions do so I don't call things god. Sorry if I offended you in my earlier post and thanks for replying to me. Cheers

..or rather bypass distractions. I've never had to do this personally as I was already astral projecting by accident as a 7-year old but when I became an adult I had to learn it all over again if that makes sense. I also learned to reach higher planes which I think you'd talked about earlier
Everyone astral projects during all moments of the day and it is intensified when we go to sleep. It is just a matter of being aware that it is happening and being intentional about where you want to go and what you want to learn.

But either way one would have to do much spiritual work to integrate these higher dimensions with your 3 dimensional perspective because a lot of it can be filtered through our limited conceptual framework and cause confusion and misunderstanding amongst the community which is one of the reasons why so many new age ideas are disregarded and ridiculed and scrutinized.
I see the imagination as a roadblock that prevents people from entering other realms. I think this falls under individual experience though so I don't know if it's helpful to generalize this without some sort of context. For example I already know what's real and what's imaginary since I wasn't born with a block but I may have trouble discerning reality on the astral plane and I can't watch things going on in the real world like I know some people can
I think you might be confusing imagination with unconscious thinking and fear. People can have pre existing notions before going into those types of experiences which causes great difficulty to be able to receive this information but these notions are usually fear based and subjected to ones own individual experience of what they believe is possible.

However I do think it’s important that when we think of imagination we should see it as conduit for greater awareness to come in and to help us create something that will inspire the more positive potentials in human life such as freedom or unity or better awareness or knowledge or understanding different perspectives which is probably the most important byproduct of a strong expansive imagination that you have been nurturing for years. Most people do not nurture the imagination in such a way so most of their thoughts and ideas are 1 dimensional and inaccurate and cause confusion amongst the society once it is conveyed or released into the social atmosphere.

When someone hears something that they think is ridiculous they say oh it’s just your imagination and that causes more distrust towards the imagination and the potential that it has because it ruins our self esteem and our ability to trust ourselves until we are at the mercy of scientists, religious organizations or organized cults. And it is how the general public tend to raise their kids by telling them that what they are thinking is not real and that they should follow their rules and their thoughts if they want to live a happy life. That way of parenting is flawed in that it has created most of the problems that are apparent in our society today.
I guess or maybe they aren't atheists after all. I definitely don't hold onto any ideas about spirits or New Age ideas. I just go by my experience. Holding onto abstract ideas is like going to school for me. It's not in my nature, which is perfectly normal too
That type of mentality, although it may be humble and cautious to possess, can limit your ability to expand your awareness and your knowledge about the greater universe and to gather information that is crucial to the healing of our planet as well as your own physical, mental and emotional well being. If that is not what you want to achieve or you don’t really care about learning stuff like this then that is obviously your prerogative.

However I think that it is important realize that in order to gain more knowledge and awareness we have to consider other possibilities that conflict with our own perspective and our own experience because when we explore those possibilities we broaden our awareness into another way of perceiving things. It can help us come up with ideas faster and solve complex problems at the drop of a dime. We can look at things through other people’s eyes more accurately and with more compassion and we can see life the way that they see it and that will lead to greater connection and intimacy among people as well as stretching our awareness in a way that makes us a more full person instead of fragmented which is what the majority of people are.
Sure but I don't recognize good and evil the way religions do so I don't call things god. Sorry if I offended you in my earlier post and thanks for replying to me. Cheers
I only get offended by the use of excessive technology that is damaging our chakra system. I don’t care whether or not someone uses god one way or another it’s just something I’ve noticed. People use god to substitute for a multitude of different things that can be happening outside of their perception. If it’s something that makes them feel emotionally good then they say it’s god if it’s something that makes them feel emotionally bad they say it’s the devil. This is a very low level form of spirituality that needs to be expounded upon in order for us to be more comfortable and secure with these outside energies. Ignorance leads to confusion and confusion leads to fear and fear leads to powerful people and organizations controlling the masses with that fear and influencing the direction of our society with promises of a better future that is technology based and science based.

Fear also makes you a match to lower level energies that are not as enlightened as others and do not have your best interests at heart. They will manipulate you and cause suffering in your life if you go into the spiritual planes with fear and shame or lack of power and confidence and other unresolved emotional or psychological issues. And that is when people invoke the devil as the cause of their unfortunate experience and they will most likely become born again Christians.

Last edited:
Believe me I know how you feel, I spent a big part of my life wishing I wasn't here. But I'm living proof things can change.
How long have you felt like this?

I'm kind of past talking about it, to be honest. The solutions I need are practical, material, real world. Talking does nothing. It's why I don't do counselling anymore.

I'm kind of past talking about it, to be honest. The solutions I need are practical, material, real world. Talking does nothing. It's why I don't do counselling anymore.
i hope you find some peace one day. I cycle through wanting to blow my brains out on the daily to some days where everything is okay.

I don't know what your beliefs are about the world we live in but when I look back, the start of me sorting my life out was when I asked 'spirit' for help while meditating. I was in a pretty bad way and had been for a while but because of my anxeties I couldn't get the help I needed. We have the free will to suffer unimaginable pain. But we also have the free will to want to improve our lives.
It is up to us to ask for help.

i hope you find some peace one day. I cycle through wanting to blow my brains out on the daily to some days where everything is okay.

Same. Vedanta really helps because I have learned a lot about just being present with suffering, instead of resisting it or trying to fix things all the time. I feel like at this point I can endure almost endless suffering. I just don't feel like there is any point to living. Nature doesn't care if a bug gets stepped on or a bird breaks its wing and can no longer fly. I don't really matter either.

I don't know what your beliefs are about the world we live in but when I look back, the start of me sorting my life out was when I asked 'spirit' for help while meditating. I was in a pretty bad way and had been for a while but because of my anxeties I couldn't get the help I needed. We have the free will to suffer unimaginable pain. But we also have the free will to want to improve our lives.
It is up to us to ask for help.

You ascribe far too much personal agency to suffering. Living beings all over this planet die helplessly every single day, begging others, or god, or whomever, to help them or save them as they die. I am beyond helping and I've made my peace with that. I simply don't want to live anymore. It doesn't need to be corrected. My own suffering no longer holds meaning for me. It is a pointless exercise that never ends.