• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is DARE class Really helping todays children???

it worked for me. i remember when i first tried weed i was like "omg im killing so many brain cells :("

haha but it didnt take long for me to discover the truth!! hahahahah wow was i dumb.

dare is going to work for kids just as well as it worked when we were kids....oh wait...

dare is ridiculous. if someone wants to do a drug they're going to do it. it's only natural to be curious when someone is saing "don't do this because it's bad." hell i can't count the number of times i did something just because my parents told me i shouldn't do it. kids need to be told the truth and taught harm reduction.

DARE is what first piqued my interest in drugs as a kid, way to go DEA;)

I dunno if this has been said, but if dare were to work on someone they sure wouldn't be browsing bluelight.

That being said everyone I know who wears that dare shirt smokes weed

njsurf121 you have an awesome avatar and you hail from the same glorious state as me :D

I think DARE Inspired me to use drugs more than stopped it. When they spoke of the effects LSD has on people I was more intrigued than scared. The kits we had to do were hilarious as well. Me and a couple of my buddies made one were we pretending to smoke pot.

My friend cut a pen in half and put it in his mouth and was offering it to as as he pretended to toke. Little did he know that the ink was started to leak into his mouth 8o

All of the sudden he threw it out of his moth and his tongue was purple. The whole class erupted into laughter including the Police Officer. I would really love to have another Dare t - shirt someday ;)

Used to be banners and bullshit all over school waaaay back , I just always thought the things school did was dumb , so i tried to tune out, found it hard though while being zonk'd off adderall for add

I took lots of adderall and Ritalin as a child as well. Lot's of my friends did too. They were very loosely prescribing it in the 90's. That was one of the first drugs I ever really abused. And learned about from DARE, They spoke of people crushing pills and snorting them for great effects.

So my 12 year old self realized I was sitting on a gold mine of amphetamines. I switched dosage levels alot so my mother had a boatload of extra bottles and I abused the shit out of them. I would like to thank dare for teaching me about some of the tasty drugs out there :D

I agree ^^^ just like the abstinence programs no kid is going to walk around with a chastity belt on. Its a waste of time.

what govt bullshiite!! another way to waste money on tha drug war-once the majority of reasonably smart kids figure out all the stuff they were told about pot at DARE is lie, they look at the other info about more serious drugs as suspect and possibly get into more serious trouble cause of it-i don't think it was around when i was a kid, instead one of the crooked cops (this is the 80s, just before drug testing) fromthe local precinct came in w a display case full of asstd drugs and told u about some idiot on angel dust jumpin out a window cause he thought he could fly- i already knew my old man smoked weed and had an idea about drugs in my hood-so what i'm tryin to say is any kid tuned in to the world around him/her knows the "deal" and considers this crap for what it is-if nothing else it raises unhealthy interest and curiousity in kids who wouldn't think about it yet-i don't know but don't they start this propaganda war really young these days?

I remember being really scared by DARE classes and such. At the year12 school ball one of my friends decided to smoke a joint beforehand and I thought "if i'm a good friend I should try and help him stop before his life spirals out of control". Actually now that I think of it he ended up becoming a meth head so maybe I should have =\