• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is DARE class Really helping todays children???

I cant believe this is a frickin 3 page thread. Its not like anyone on this board is gonna be like "yea you guys dont know what youre talking about, dare saved my life."...*sighs* I just wish it was next week so I can get paid,get high, and go back to keeping my negativity nice and bottled up.

DARE is what started my interest in drugs. I'm not blaming dare for my current use of drugs, but up until I entered DARE, I had no idea what drugs were. It taught me about so much stuff I wouldn't have even known about.
I just think maybe 5th grade is a little too early to introduce drugs to children. Seeing as I wasn't offered drugs until 8th or 9th grade.

In Canada we had "Just Say No". I unfortunately missed the day to sign up, so I never got to skip school to go to rallies or hear speakers and stuff. I guess it was kind of good, I just worked on my schoolwork and did extra P.E. I guess my parents did a decent job of raising and I had no desire to try drugs. Funny now most of the kids that were in it now probably do a lot of drugs, while I didn't even take my first drink or smoke until 17.

wow risen from the dead eh? Well this thread prompted a google search and I found this from just two days ago.

THE WHITE HOUSE

Office of the Press Secrectary

NATIONAL D.A.R.E. DAY, 2009
- - - - - - -
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
A PROCLAMATION

Drugs, gangs, and violence threaten our children and communities every day. Today we commemorate Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.), a program that has worked to educate children and protect them from these problems. National D.A.R.E. Day provides the opportunity to reflect upon the dangers of drugs, gangs, and violence and to emphasize efforts to combat these threats.

From inner cities to suburbs and rural communities, gangs and drug dealers prey upon youth across the United States. Unaware of the dangers of drug abuse and violence, many youth surrender the promise of a bright future. Every child lost in this battle represents a tragedy for our Nation, and we must do more to stop it.

Education efforts to help children avoid drugs and violence must begin in the home. Parents must be positive role models and take the lead in advising their children on the effects of drugs on their health and well-being.

The D.A.R.E. program has worked to educate students about drugs, gangs, and violence for more than 25 years. Placing law-enforcement personnel in the classroom, D.A.R.E. provides students with important lessons from experts and seeks to prepare them for the difficult encounters and choices they may face.

Today we honor D.A.R.E. for its important work. The efforts of D.A.R.E.'s instructors and supporters benefit our Nation's children and are deserving of praise and appreciation. D.A.R.E.'s renewed efforts to implement science-based programs and to strengthen partnerships among law enforcement, families, and their communities are particularly worthy of commendation. Through effective teaching methods and broad participation, D.A.R.E. can help ensure that every child in America enjoys the opportunities he or she deserves.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim April 8, 2009, as National D.A.R.E. Day. I call upon our youth, parents, educators, law enforcement personnel, and all the people of the United States to observe this day with appropriate programs and activities.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this eighth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand nine, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-third.

BARACK OBAMA
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Presidential-Proclamation-Marking-National-DARE-Day-2009/

Has it ever helped the children? I remmeber sitting in grade school laughing at the picture of the dude high on pcp who forgot what skin was so he ripped his arm skin off. Haha. One of my friends at the time started puking and had to leave the room.

it's my understanding that every study ever done on the DARE program has found it to be completely ineffective (and, in many cases, actually counter-productive).

but government policies aren't designed to solve problems. they're designed to make voters feel safer (in this case, about not parenting their children).

I took first place in the DARE essay writing contest when I was in grade school.

And look at me now!

DARE program nothing but a failure. Remember it back in elementary school, all it did was spark curiosity, nay, obsession, with chemicals and how they effect the mind and body.

haha i remember DARE.but it wasnt a class like all you are sayin,it was just some assembly we had for a day.dont really remember anything they said though...just like everything else in school

"Studies reported that D.A.R.E. did not actually decrease drug use among graduates. Some studies even indicated that there was an increased rate of drug use among D.A.R.E. graduates. In 2001, the Surgeon General of the United States placed the D.A.R.E. program in the category of Does Not Work" hahaha,read that online

Screw DARE...
dank.jpg

^thats where its at

Last edited:
D.A.R.E. just made me interested and I think I blame them for my "pill fetish".

I remember them having a whole frame of different pills and I was like.. wwwooooaaaa.

My cousin whom is about 10 years older says he remembers them lighting up a join in the class room so you knew what the drug smelled like, and they even passed it around to the kids to intimidate them.

All I remember is pills, many pictures of crack/meth heads, and breathing through a straw to show us what it was like to breath after years of smoking cigarettes.

I took first place in the DARE essay writing contest when I was in grade school.

And look at me now!

HAHAHA!!! Me too!!

I wrote some essay and got a whole bunch of free DARE stuff, and took the 1st place.

Now I'm addicted to opiates and benzos YAY for DARE!!!

To me DARE is like teaching abstinence only sex ed. Instead of telling kids not to do drugs, they should be talking about testing E pills, and stuff like that to keep kids safe, since they are more than likely going to do it anyway.

Wow I got first place on my presentation, and now look at me, a mod on BL. Something must of went wrong...

FM

I swear to god nothing inspired me to try hard drugs more than DARE

It doesn't work. I'm not sure anything would.

Two of the three children who read their "I will never use drugs" dare speeches in my grade have tried cocaine... The other one has used heavily alcohol.... People will do what they will I believe there is no stopping them the only thing that can be done is to try to perpetuate TRUTH and good quality information.

Two words; Harm Reduction. I think teaching kids about drugs in elementary school is too early, it should be sometime during 6-8th grade. They should teach harm reduction. D.A.R.E doesn't work in my opinion, they tell you "don't be pressured" and all that peer pressure bullshit. Well I never got pressured to do any drug, I was asked if I wanted to do it or not, by very good friends and if I would say no they would not ask me again and say it was cool.

For some reason I believed D.A.R.E and did not try pot until a while ago, only because the media and various people make it seems like my life will fuck up right after I smoke once.. I even did Benzo's, Opiates, and Alcohol before trying pot.

Screw D.A.R.E.

^^^ haha that little glow in the dark necklace sounds siiiiiick man^^^

Honestly we had DARE classes in 5th and 7th grade, I now realize that im almost positive they had it again in 7th because they figured that like me and 4 friends were high all the time haha, but I remember one time the dude brought in a suitcase full of drugs like needles, a joint, heroin, coke, EVERYTHING, except shrooms i think. I think it was called like a drug kit and honestly I was inclined to taking it and running but I realized thatd be retarded haha. But really just seeing all that shit made me want to do it more and more and more hahah. DARE is a complete failure if they are trying to make kids stay away from drugs, if they are trying to promote drugs there doing a great job. ;)

I agree with harm reduction. I think that instead of feeding kids lies about drugs, they need to (during highschool) have a mandatory class about drug chemistry and proper/safe drug use; which would include how drugs effect your brain (positive/negative), what they are being used for in science today, the safest places to take ___ drug, how to test for purity, what drug cocktails are dangerous, etc etc etc.

There are too many people that get into drugs and make mistakes because they don't know HOW to take drugs.

dare and rubber

we never had dare
we had health class that discussed sTd's drugs ect ...
i never sought ought any shit
i was offered hits off a spliff up from around the 4th grade until i was 15
summer when i was 15 i felt like i was ready
i was in holland
smoked hash twice
didnt feel it
then got some weed and that had me loooped

but there was some kids in my neighborhood doing coke and shit
like in the 5th grade
i never saw it
but my brother did
and i trust him not to bullshit

i can tell you the health class did its job to make me always where a rubber when i fuck
i once got a bad feeling from a lady and asked for rubber Blow job
i like rubbers why do they get a bad rap
trojans unlubed