Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is 25i NBOMe Neurotoxic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, it's rampant speculation.

I'm not exactly sure what symptoms you're hoping to explain with this anyways - if it's anxiety/obsessions, then it's ironic that the main thing you're anxious about is 5-HT2A/25i related matters. If you went on SSRIs, then you'd probably be worried about damaging your serotonin transporters.

But I still don't know why you are so worried about the receptor internalization deal when you had problems previous to 25i and also didn't have problems until researching? That right there should be enough to put your mind at ease about that specific matter, but I'm not sure if the goal with anxiety should really be to ease your mind about every specific concern (because a busy mind can always come up with more concerns, so the problem is really the busy mind rather than the concerns)

O.K. so the thing is my obsessions and stuff weren't nearly at the level they are today. I could sleep just fine and I was always a happy and outgoing kid. These days I've been overthinking absolutely everything and having a hard time falling asleep. I honestly consider myself fairly intelligent, I just took a typing test and placed in the top .5% percentile. I'm just worried that I did something to permanently alter my mood regulation. This discussion provided on shroomery is honestly starting to bother me a fair amount. Thoughts of the compound being internalized and degraded resulting in the halogen separating and acting as a catalyst for ROS species bothers me.

5HT2A receptors and their respective neurons are located all across the body. I sometimes picture the halogen entering the membrane and disrupting neuronal function all throughout.

Very interesting. Yeah I want to try to repair my brain as much as I possibly can right now. I'm worried that there might be some sort of irrepairable damage that is going to stick with me for the rest of my life. I'll definitely check out and Noopept and take your suggestion to exercise more in order to active NGF. Thank you so much for your input

Seriously, dude. Lots of people underestimate exercise, but if you have both arms and legs working (some people don't have that privilege, but they still try to do something), you MUST exercise. It will solve your problem, guaranteed. :)

Just check out what it can do: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise
Even 30 minutes a day for starters, anywhere, at work or home, will make a drastic difference almost immediately. Best wishes for you man! ;)

Seriously, dude. Lots of people underestimate exercise, but if you have both arms and legs working (some people don't have that privilege, but they still try to do something), you MUST exercise. It will solve your problem, guaranteed. :)

Just check out what it can do: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise
Even 30 minutes a day for starters, anywhere, at work or home, will make a drastic difference almost immediately. Best wishes for you man! ;)

I'll definitely try to incorporate more exercise. Thanks for your input man :)

100% true IMO! Exercise works very well!
More generally it is good to not have pent up energy at the end of the day from not being active enough.. that fuels anxieties. Instead sport and exercise encourage you to just stop and feel into your body, a welcome break from running in (negative) circles in your mind. Of course it also just has positive physiological effects... helps you to have a sane mind in a sane body.

Disrupt that default mode network activity to get out of that anxiety and depression.. :)

Sounds you like you need a plan to deal with the intrusive thoughts and anxiety. It's often the more intelligent people that have these types of issues, usually very over-analytical people.

I know we've talked about the general plan before (psychologist/psychiatrist/mindfulness/medication/exercise/diet) but are you actually pursuing any of these with any real ferocity? I would get yourself to a psychiatrist for starters, but IMO mindfulness is invaluable for intrusive thoughts and should be your focus in the mean time.

"These days I've been overthinking absolutely everything and having a hard time falling asleep."

I hope this doesn't belittle your troubles, but this is just textbook anxiety.

There are no actual underlying symptoms that you're ruminating about. It's not like you have intense audio hallucinations that started the day after 25i - I could understand that anxiety could be secondary to something like that.

But you really just have anxiety about 25i for the most part and the symptom that you think it's caused IS anxiety.

So you're anxious that 25i has caused you anxiety, then you think about how it could affect the receptors and shit and this causes you anxiety, and then you think it must be the 25i that has done something to your brain that causing you anxiety right now.

But we could've given you a placebo and not told you what it was, told you the day after you took it that it was a potent neurotoxin, and then you would have had a shit ton of anxiety about that instead ;)

Sometimes people's anxieties and OCD manifest in peculiar ways, often with a focus on something in particular. Obsessive hand washing and door locking are common enough and have intrusive thoughts that drive them, but people have intrusive thoughts that drive all sorts of behaviors and emotions. You may think your anxieties aren't really driving behaviors, but your researching is a behavior that I think needs to stop.

For starters, don't ever visit the freaking shroomery site again lol, that's doing you no good.

Haha yeah I'm going to stop visiting that website. I messaged that poster 'Caine' asking him what his thoughts are on the 25i NBOMe substance now. No reply yet.

My worst fear is widespread neuronal damage as a result of the halogen getting separated from the compound and disrupting the function of those neurons. I just imagine widespread brain damage that is irreparable since neurons take forever to regrow.

If I'm in the clear in this department, I should be good.

Either way, I'm going to follow the suggestions of exercise/mindfulness etc.

Last edited:
Need some help guys. I haven't been able to fall asleep well these past four days. The fact that I took such a potent substance that activates the serotonin 5HT2A receptors at the degree it does bothers me every single moment. It's so tough because the damage is entirely imperceptible to the outside person but it could be wreaking havoc inside.

I imagine the analogy of a small cut vs. third degree burns on the face, with LSD being that small cut and the third degree burns being the NBOMe. It's just devastating that something like this could actually ruin your entire life. I imagine how the people who are burn victims feel and how hopeless they might be at times. I then think about the fact that I took 25i which is 100 times the potency of LSD at 5HT2A receptors.

A sense of bitterness is overcoming me right now. I can't fall asleep, I'm usually constantly anxious. Life is becoming hell...

It's so frustrating not being able to actually test for damage..

At this point I doubt there is anything we can do to help by going into the 25I matter, please seek professional advice for the anxiety/obsessing.

Even if your anxiety / obsessions weren't at the level they are at today, it is relatively common for such a potential for anxiety/obsessing to become exacerbated / just brought to the surface. Psychedelics bring many things to the surface like latent mental problems, it has nothing to do with damage but with the psychological effects.

What we do is give you rational explanations, then you momentarily acknowledge that but relapse into irrational fears. Which you can't repeat doing because we gave you advice on the real issue which is the anxiety/obsessing but you circle back to the irrational fears. That fear is giving you 'doom vision'. What is irrational is the fact that you 'allow' yourself to worry about an explanation for your feelings much less plausible than the elaborate and workable explanation + advice we offered. This is not your fault: it is probably neurological (a lack of inhibition that should limit obsessive thoughts) and has nothing to do with damage, but I think highly intense and especially traumatic experiences among other factors may exacerbate/trigger it.
I guess you were just sensitive to this.

You need to come to terms with the [apparent] panic disorder, not the damage you keep imagining. Until you realize this we can't really communicate with you, we'd be talking past each other. I also don't want to enable your obsession by us responding chronically.

If it's this terrible for you, why wait with seeking help? It's no shame and there is also no real reason why that would make it more serious. Talk to someone IRL, go to TDS and talk to some people there though I really wish that to be about your anxiety problems, not the 25I.

Do you understand why we can't go on?

Sorry buddy <3 tough love but all just another way to try and help..

O.K., so you think my analogy of a minor cut to third degree burn victim is wrong? There's no way I can test for damage and this really bothers me. What if Ive been living these past two years with a brain that is damaged and going to cause me problems with anxiety/depression for the rest of my life. The reassurance from Dr. Nichols is nice but I still have random bits of info from around the internet constantly popping up in my head.

I'm really worried about that halogen entering and causing widespread neuronal damage. I understand that the receptors are generated but what would happen if their respective neurons got damaged? Would this just halt 5HT2A receptor formation? If anyone can chime in on this area I'd be really thankful. im not too worried about the receptors anymore, it's just the neurons now.

Last edited:
The halogen neuronal damage thing was already thoroughly debunked in this thread I'd say, so if it's still in your mind a rational concern that is a delusion from only being able to hear those fears scream over reassurances we have to offer. We have chimed in, people on reddit chimed in as i linked... not sure as to why that's still a topic.
It apparently took several pages to take the pressure off the receptor conformation thing but not sure how long it would take to keep bashing this halogen idea until it's gone. The real question is: what is the next thing after that that will keep popping up in your head? All it takes is some misguided shroomerite.

I just pointed this out in my previous post but you keep ignoring / dodging the vital points about your anxiety problem and what to do with it.

Since clearly your obsessed concerns keep being more powerful than your ability to calm them down, it's worth seeking help with this. It means that you don't really need more answers to your questions (many of which are asked countless times over) but to unask your question and seek treatment.

Please do not keep doing this on the forum. Asking another staff member for a second opinion on the matter (my mod decision) seems fair if you must have recourse. You can PM me as well but I'm gonna tell you now it won't be about getting into your neurotoxicity concerns.

Like I said: I advise you to go post in forums like Mental Health or The Dark Side about the fact that these random bits of info (anxieties) keep popping up so strongly.

If you do not understand, read this thread again, more carefully perhaps. Maybe such a thing is difficult because it is confronting... but just check how many people have pointed out the real problems. It's not really fair either to keep asking us questions if you won't hear the answer.

closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.