• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Interaction Subthread] DXM & Medication / Supplements

Thinking of doing 900mg of DXM tonight. I am wondering if combining it with 2000ug of vitamin b12 would make the trip easier to remember. I read a report on erowid not too long ago about a guy taking a b complex vitamin and gingko biloba ( which seems dangerous, as gingko biloba is a MAOI).

anyone have experience with b vitamins to help support memory during high doses of dxm? Google turned up nothing for me.

Why no anti-depressant section? SSRI's are particularly dangerous when taking dxm, as it can cause serotonin syndrome.

Antihistamines inhibit the enzymes required to convert DXM toDXO.

DXO is a totally more potent as a NMDA antagonist and really weak SRI ability, which is to 'Holing" part of the DXM experience. For sources please feel free to ask.

Antihistamine + DXM in correct doses = less DXO = glowing experience.

DXM alone = more DXO is formed = more of a dissociative "Holing" experience.

Thinking of doing 900mg of DXM tonight. I am wondering if combining it with 2000ug of vitamin b12 would make the trip easier to remember. I read a report on erowid not too long ago about a guy taking a b complex vitamin and gingko biloba ( which seems dangerous, as gingko biloba is a MAOI).

anyone have experience with b vitamins to help support memory during high doses of dxm? Google turned up nothing for me.

I only ended up taking 735 mg before the trip hit me and I didn't have any strive to keep eating those nasty little wax gels. I have to say the b12 really made things a bit crisper, I remember a lot more from the experiences I had while my eyes were closed. Normally my memory is shitty, but my playback from last night seems pretty thorough, if not out of order.

I would recommend it, but maybe with a lower strength b12 pill. Mine was 2000 micrograms, and things felt a bit too over analyzed, like my eyes were bulging out of my head. If I do it again, it will be with a B complex vitamin with a lot less b12 in it, possibly 500 micrograms.

Also I take Lecithin daily. I remember reading somewhere a while ago that it somehow effects the trip, but I'm not sure if that might have altered my experience.

All in all, I think the B12 brought out more of the self analyzing parts of DXM, as it allowed me to focus more on the experiences that were happening in my mind.

dxm and jwh-073 is insane (amplified it a lot, mostly), nothing like plain cannabis+dxm.
dex and weed is the only combination that's worth it, in my experience, though some others were really interesting.

has anyone ever taken DXM with Effexor. Im currently on 225mg of Effexor and I was wondering how much DXM would be safe to take and how much would be pushing it.

has anyone every experienced any reaction with the two? What happened? what did you experience?
Thanks

awesome thread! i was about to post a new thread but i searched and i found this....very helpful

no need to revive the old thread :\ moving it to PD anyway as it is a DXM thread and they are not allowed in BDD

Werent onleys lesions found out to be false? Something about that it happens in mice but not human brain tissue...

DXM/Vyvanse (amp) Interactions

Hey there. Kind of a dumb reason to make a new thread, but it's best to be sure.
I'm prescribed Vyvanse 50 mg tablets. I take pretty regularly, so my tolerance is good. I was going to take dxm tonight in a dose of 210 mg or so. Would I be okay? I've read it's dangerous to combine amphetamine and dxm, but I'm using it in such low doses.
I'm also on suboxone. I have very normal blood pressure.

Thanks

In the past I find combining NMDA antagonists and amphetamines to cause next day depression.

I would skip your dosage of vyvanse.

While at those doses it's unlikely anything horrible would happen, I'd recommend you skip the vyvanse, for reasons of hyperthermia and BP/heartrate if nothing else. No reason to tax your body unnecessarily, and it's not like the stims will add anything to the experience.

Do not combine amphetamines and DXM, I've felt terrible side effects using the two even with 24 hours between the doses. Also the dextroverse (a DXM forum) extensively advises against this combo

What is already said reflects my ideas on this well enough.

I think I got your answer and this thread can be closed, with all due respect to people who would personally take that risk.

If you're already twaked out ... don't do dxm
if you feel normal.. your good on that dose

If you're already twaked out ... don't do dxm
if you feel normal.. your good on that dose

This is not true at all, you can have a bad interaction even if you do not feel the effects of a previous drug.

DXM and Wellbutrin

I took 500mg DXM, forgetting that I'm on Wellbutrin and am tripping WAY harder (Hallucinations like crazy) than DXM alone. Has anybody ever tried this combination? DXM and Wellbutrin?

DXM and wellbutrin will massively potentiate each other, it's not reccomended to mix the two because it can cause hypertension and bad trips