• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Interaction Subthread] DXM & Medication / Supplements

^ you must not realise there are withdrawls associated with SSRIs. This is a harm reduction website.

It wouldn't make much difference as the half life is about 36 hours or something like that. You would have to stop taking it about two or three days before. And the side effects are rough if you stop taking it without weening yourself of it. I did it accidently when I went away for a few days and forgot to take it with me. It didn't hit me till the day after I got home and then there's always the side effect of going back on it as well!!

Glad to hear someone else has taken it with DXM, might give it a go. Celexa seems the safest out of all the SSRIs.

I take Zoloft, 100mg daily. I also have used up to nearly 2 bottles of robo max strength with mild sweating, and jittery-ness. Not sure if it's S.S. or what, but it never was a "problem".

Ingo_2001 is correct, most of the "anti-depressant" action caused by SSRI's are not direct, but indirect. Thus the reason it somtimes takes 2-6 weeks to see improvment. The same is coming off. After about a week off my zoloft (somtimes i forget), I get "brain shakes" which I thought were cool at first--i AM a drug user--

However, they are very scary when driving, or just trying to be "normal". They really are not somthing I would like to experiance again. If I come off the Zoloft anytime soon, im gradually stepping down my dosage over the span on like 8 weeks.

But to answer the original question--I think that SSRI's CAN most definatley cause S.S., but I think it all depends on the individual. Hell, some people are even deathly allergic to rec. doses of dxm...

are you guys kidding me your actually considering taking DXM while on an SSRI? do you realise this will result in serotonin syndrome...

Don't some people like to deliberately induce this like mixing MAOI's and extasy?

While this is completely off topic, people mix psychedelics with MAOI's. Mixing a MAOI and esctasy will most likely kill you.

Now, back to our regularly schedueled thread

Very nice post. I think you should just make a permanent thread so that all the kids looking for DxM info can just look at that instead of posting billions of questions. Anyway nice post man.

Wahahahahah, I took DXM and E at the same time before (back when I didn't know it was really really bad for you), and the DXM ended up overpowering the E, and luckily I didn't die.

But I don't see much harm in amphetamines and DXM, I do this all the time. My only suggestion is that you wait till your stomach has digested the DXM before smoking the ice, otherwise you WILL throw up! This combination in my experience has been very beneficial, as it does not give you that "braindead" feeling, your thoughts are moving at normal pace and not incredibly slow, and even makes it significantly easier to talk. Additionally, the DXM hangover does not nearly last as long when combined with meth (less than half a day as opposed to 2-3 days).

^ Does the DxM after effects help the meth comedown or make it worse?

wheelah said:
Does anyone know the effects of DXM and Riperdal (Risperdone)?

The action of Risperidone is mediated through a combination of dopamine Type 2 (D2) and serotonin Type 2 (5HT2) receptor antagonism, not the reuptake inhibition of serotonin. It also has antagonism on the 5HT1C, 5HT1D, and 5HT1A receptors, although weaker than the antagonism of the 5HT2 receptors. Risperidone is labeled a selective monoaminergic antagonist and also an antagonist at other receptor sites; 1 and 2 adrenergic, and H1 histaminergic.

When co-administered with Carbamazepine, the concentrations of risperidone and its pharmacologically active metabolite, 9-hydroxyrisperidone, is decreased by 50%. Phenytoin, Rifampin, and Phenobarbital may create similar decrease in potency. The majority of SSRI antidepressants such as Paroxetine increase the plasma concentrations of Risperidone by 3-9 fold!

So is it safe to combine with Risperidone? Well, I have gone through many sources and have not read any dangers. However, mixing DXM with many prescription and over the counter medications can be potentially dangerous. Personally, I wouldn't mix DXM with any drug that affects the serotonin receptors.

3ch0 said:
^ Does the DxM after effects help the meth comedown or make it worse?

I'm afraid I couldn't apply this question, because I never come down harsh off meth, coming down off meth is like a smooth ecstasy comedown to me. I rarely crave, however I will tell you one thing: You know how after a long period of smoking meth, sometimes you will see shadow people of orbs of meth smoke? You get those a LOT on DXM, I'd close my eyes and see like 4 orbs of smoke with crystal people walking around and shit. I normally don't even crave, but that seriously made me want to smoke more shit, ahahaha.

Hey, I have heard that taking a certin amount of DXM depends on your body weight....has anyone figured out how much a person should take with a X amount of body weight?

Last edited:
what i'd like to know, and cannot seem to find, is are there any things i can take to potentiate DXM?

Grapefruit juice. Also antihistamines, but that is a dangerous combination.

Please do not try dxm and x.
I had 2 great exp. with dxm and x. I hadnt read anything about the combo before I did it and to be honest I was young and hard headed so I probly still woulda done it. I know my body and at that time I had a rediculous tolerance to both. I do not recremend it to anybody and advice everybody to listen to peoples adivce and dont ever try it.
I have also tryed taking low doses of dxm (half a bottle, sometimes even less) with hydrocodone. The first few times I tryed it seemed to make the nodstronger, but I think it was mostly because I had a lower tolerance. I'm never planning on doing it again because of all of the sideeffects of dxm.

friday at about 9:00 i snorted 4 20mg of adderall and took 1 20mg orally, im supposed to take some DXM the next day at maybe noon. would that be bad or is it ok because its been over 24hours?

DXM & Amitriptyline

Would it be safe to take an Amitriptyline the day after tripping on 700 mg of DXM?

*No drug use is safe.*

DXM + Antidepressants is NOT a good combo!

Remeber DXM affects your body long after the "drug" effects wear off esp. w/ large and/or frequent doses.

Question about DXM+Zoloft

I'm about to start taking one pill a day of Zoloft, starting tomorrow. Would it be unwise to trip on 600 mg DXM 5-7 days later?

Or would this leave me vulnerable to something like serotonin syndrome.

Thanks