• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Interaction Subthread] DXM & Medication / Supplements

[edit] I don't know what the hell was going on here, but I'm glad I don't remember.. [/edit]

Carry on!

Last edited:
Actually, this is a plagerized copy of the DXM FAQ by William White.

See section 13 of the DXM FAQ, on erowid.org

This copy is also highly subjective and many of the interactions which are dangerous are not mentioned.

peace,
Nitin

^^^
Heh, I thought it looked familiar.

Magnesium in combination with DXM seems to potentiate and "smooth out" the trip. I won't make any claims as to the safety of this combination though.

Just so you know, erowid isn't always correct (oh and neither was william white...)

Many of the articles on erowid are submitted by users (such as myself) and ive had several corrections made to the site. I could add tons of information about DXM interactions off the top of my head to that....

peace,
Nitin

The most important (and dangerous) interaction is DXM and serotonin increasing drugs. Do not take DXM with 5-HTP, L-tryptophan, MAOIs, SSRIs, TCAs, St. John's Wort, MDMA, or any other serotonin increasing drug. People have died from this.

X

awesome FAQ but small typo in the cannabis section it says "Cannibas"

DXM & Celexa

Is there any danger in mixing these two drugs?

I have taken celexa with phenethylamines, tryptamines and ketamine without any problems.

Yes, it can cause serotonin syndrome. I had kind of a nasty time with DXM and effexor.

Celexa = SSRI.

You probably shouldn't take dxm while on it, you could suffer from serotonin syndrome, which probably won't kill you but is supposed to be remarkably unpleasant

Is this just theoretical or are there actual cases of s.s. when the two have been mixed. I am aware that celexa and DXM are metabolised by the same enzyme but as long as your not deficient in the enzyme your ok and it only lengthens the experience.

Effexor is an SNRI where as celexa is a very selective SSRI.

ingo_2001 said:
Is this just theoretical or are there actual cases of s.s. when the two have been mixed. I am aware that celexa and DXM are metabolised by the same enzyme but as long as your not deficient in the enzyme your ok and it only lengthens the experience.

Effexor is an SNRI where as celexa is a very selective SSRI.

Strattera is also an SNRI and if so is this true with that? In the recreational drugs and antidepressents it says not to mix them since they get metabolized by the same enzyme but I'm normal when it comes to DXM. I don't trip for 3 days or anything. So is it OK to combine them, I'm talking about 1st - 2nd plateau dose.