European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Insights into the UK drug scene

Ignio

Bluelighter
After the news about the very pure cocaine in Sussex I have been looking into statistics and publications about the drug screne in the United Kingdoms.

During the last couple of years there have been evidence for nprecedented street purity levels for heroin, crack, powder cocaine and ecstasy.

Samples of cocaine from 2016 showed that top tier cocain, apparently called shine and flake in the UK, are around 70% pure in average. The lower tier of cocains with names as monkey dust (huh? :D), pub dust and student dust were 40% pure in average (prices is also mentioned in several publications, but as far as I know, I am now allowed to list those).

The purity of MDMA have increased drastically, though no numbers are available.

Weed are still the most used and the most available drug in the UK drug market (no surprise here).

RC benzodiazepines are still a hugh cause for concern, which might make it plausible to draw the conclusion that the RC ban have had only minor effects.

Prescription and pharmaceutical painkillers and opiates sold to the illicit drug markets are also reported to be increasing.

One of the proposed reasons for the increase in supply and purity is that gangs attempts to move into each others territories resulting in an increase in violence but also in an increase in competition for the drug market, which makes the gang supply drugs of a better and better quality.

I have found the numbers and reports on the webpage of the International Drug Policy Consortium.

But what do the English Bluelighters say? Do they experience this increase in the purity of drugs?

And I am also interested in the availability of Research Chemicals. Have the ban had any effect at all?

In Denmark, Satudarah from Holland and Mongols motorcycle club (originally from the US) and other gangs (in particular with members with another ethnic origin than Denmark) are have begun fighting for territory and moving into new cities and this war need to be funded, so I expect we might start to see some of the same tendencies with more competition for the drug market and thus better quality og drugs in Denmark in 2017, 2018 and so on.

And do what about Bluelighters from other European countries, can you see some of the same tendencies in your countries?

In terms of harm reduction, this can be both good and bad. Good because better drugs means that they are less diluted with stuff we don't know what are and bad because it might result in more people becoming addicts.

Not related to drugs, but the fighting between gangs mean that they need more members and so they will attempt to recruit mostly young and vulnerable people which is another bad side of this increasing gang activity. I find it...disconcerning...that gang activitiy in general seems to be increasing in Europe.

About RCs I can definitely tell you synthetic cannabis ("Spice") is even bigger than it was before the ban. The PSA did absolutely fuck all. The government even still controls specific new RCs under the MoDA just like they always have because the PSA is impossible to actually enforce in court. The only thing the PSA did was remove RCs from headshops, which is all the government wanted to do because it shuts Daily Mail readers up. The middle classes living in those towns don't notice the dealers pushing RCs in an even more dangerous fashion (you have no idea what dose of what drug you're even buying now) so it's okay now as far as Theresa May is concerned... not that Corbyn is better don't get me wrong, Labour didn't even vote against the PSA in Parliament.

About RCs I can definitely tell you synthetic cannabis ("Spice") is even bigger than it was before the ban. The PSA did absolutely fuck all. The government even still controls specific new RCs under the MoDA just like they always have because the PSA is impossible to actually enforce in court. The only thing the PSA did was remove RCs from headshops, which is all the government wanted to do because it shuts Daily Mail readers up. The middle classes living in those towns don't notice the dealers pushing RCs in an even more dangerous fashion (you have no idea what dose of what drug you're even buying now) so it's okay now as far as Theresa May is concerned... not that Corbyn is better don't get me wrong, Labour didn't even vote against the PSA in Parliament.

Haha your post is SPOT ON with a paragraph from a report

Overall the indications are that the Act [PSA) has achieved its primary purpose. Well before the Act became law, a combination of actions by police and local trading standards offcials resulted in the closure of dozens of premises across the UK. One officer interviewed for the survey said that in the week before the Act came into force, of the 24 shops in his area, 14 had closed even before the police had a chance to deliver the warning letter. (http://www.drugwise.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Highwaysandbyways.pdf)

Another result of the PSA is that Spice are now being sold on the street, often by young buys, but they have begun selling heroin and cocaine as well (due to pressure from older criminials). And before, if one wanted to buy Spice you would have to travel (great) distances to get to the shop, now, however, Spice is delivered right to your door, and togehter with Spice you are then also offered heroin, cocaine etc. There have also been cases where dealers spike Spice with heroin to get the users addicted.

Very young kids are often being used to sell Spice and as they now also offer heroin, some of these young kids have become addicted to heroin. There have been an increase in the use of more reliable drugs (the normal illegal drugs such as weed, cocaine, heroin) which might be due to PSA making RC drugs more unreliable to get. However, claiming that there is causaility between the two variables is a big jump. None the less it is a a possible explanation.

But atleas PSA have achieved to ensure the middle class of their picture perfect ideal of society. Drug trades no longer happen in the open and in visible shops. However, the trade still continue, and the products from the headshops are now more avaiable as they get deiivered right to your door by young drug dealers who also offer you cocaine, MDMA, amphetamines, weed, heroin etc. The people who before was relying on the constant availability of research chemicals now experience that these chemicals are more unreliable and hard to get, which makes them turn to the normal illegal drugs instead as well as prescription benzo's and opiats/opioids.

I feel obligated to emphasize that some of the connections I draw are made without bulletproof documentation. However, based on a fews days of reading about the ban of headshops and RC website in the UK, it seems that the trade with the research chemicals have been taken over by regular criminals and gangs who also offer the normal illegal drugs together with the research chemicals. In my opinion is seems like the ban have had several uninteded consequences that have made things worse than before in some areas. The ban was a great opportunity for hardened crimicals and it seems that users who before the ban only or mainly used research chemicals now just as often use the more normal illegal drugs due to their greater availability.

Last edited:
I think I've read the report you're referring to, Highways and Byways isn't it? And yes that quote is 100% correct, this is exactly what's happening. Synth noids get sold by the standard white and brown dealers. And sometimes they sell crack too. Basically this stuff gets sold to desperate junkies and often the homeless, that's the intended clientele. This only became common practice after the PSA.

But no one cares about junkies or the homeless, as long as it's not in shops it's out of sight out of mind.

Sad state of affairs.

Yep, close. Highways and Buyways. I have linked the source as i should have originally. Yes, crack is mentioned too and it it also somwhere around 70% pure, so we are talking really, really potent stuff here. The purity of drugs liek heroin and cocaine have increased drastically in the UK, while so far, in the rest of Europe most drugs are gettering more and more diluted.
Therefore, it is relevant to ask why we see a diametrically different trend in the UK than in the rest of Western and Northern Europe?
But it is obvious that the English RC vendors (especially those with webpages) where having a very high turnover and very high profits. Orders came in from most of Europe and the RC vendors bought chemicals in bulk from China for a fraction of the price that poeple paid for it in the stores.

I do now not much about the PSA. But I really can't understand that the policy makers couldn't predict who would pick up the legal drug trade after it became illegal. It is obvious it would be organized crime who already sell illegal drugs. Figuratively speaking they were handed a market on a silver platter that were selling for what? Millions of pounds pr year? I have no idea. But it was right there for the taking. Supply routes already established, customers already willing to buy or addicted, the illegal dealers already had an infrastructure in place for distributing the their illegal drugs and now they could add the fomer legal drugs to that intrastructure as well. Suffer from short-term losses by spiking RC drugs with heroin in order to gain long-term increasing profits from an entire new demographic group of opiat addicts (opiat addicts that were believing they were taking Spice that is)..

Last edited:
The UK has a lot of druggies. We consume a lot of MDMA and cocaine in particular. Mephedrone also remains well known here. It's also difficult to get prescribed controlled drugs on the NHS so I suspect this also drives demand for street drugs up whereas in other countries where it's easier to get benzo and opiate prescriptions a lot of people get legally mashed off pharmas from the doctor.

The big online RC vendors had massive turnover. The most popular but very rarely addressed in the media were actually etizolam and other RC benzos. It's very difficult to get a benzo prescription on the NHS so it makes sense that legal and easily available RC benzos got big here.

But yes all the government did with the PSA was hand criminals a brand new market and they have of course taken advantage of it, what else would they do? But they don't care because their only real goal was shut down headshops so as far as they're concerned it's a success.

Yeah, I have an impression here from Bluelight and a British RC forum that the NGS are notoriously strickt with benzo's and opioids.

When I first read about the ban, I was thinking about the amount of people, that had an impressive benzo addiction going on, and now about to loose their only source permanently. Do you have any insight about what their situation is? Can they maintain and slowly tapper out of their habit with RC benzo's from the black market? I mean, some were taking both 10 and 20 miligrams of Flubromazolam, 30 mg+ Flubromazepam and 30+ mg Etizolam/Clonazolam. I was amazed by the extent of their tolerance. Scaringly potent benzodiazepines with very euphoric effects and thus addictive potentials.

I myself feel in love with Etizolam instantly and went through 1000s of pills in the next half year and AH-7921 was also the best RC opioid I ever tried - I think I wents through grams in the 100s - and I will place it as an opioid close to being as good as oxycodone. After the ban I searched for months for a a place that could provide me with AH-7921, but I never succeeded. In my opionoin AH-7921 is the one and only RC opioid ever invented (or atleast invented and readily available through a perioid) that can compete with Rx opioids.

Are the streets in England still flooded with Research Chemicals in all variants or is it a few like Etizolam that survived?

Pressed Xanax bars replaced the potent RC benzos, which is really interesting considering alprazolam is not prescribed on the NHS at all. Etizolam and friends aren't really around anymore.

The main RCs still doing the rounds are a few stims like 3-FPM and those synth noids.

I never got to try any good RC opioids, I only saw those fent analogues and didn't dare fuck with them.

Good thread.

Drug quality really has improved over the last few years.
200mg MDMA pills, good "fish scale" cocaine.
The ban on RCs has finished off the mephedrone for me though. Not been able to find anything like the pre ban stuff for years

Fuck me, I'm obviously in the wrong place then... :\

You don't agree mate ?
I can get much better quality drugs now than I could a few years ago.
At one point I gave up on Coke it was soooo shite.
Maybe that's just the dealers I knew.
The pills had no mdma in them, now you can buy NL presses that have 200mg
And the variety of stuff on the dark net is eye watering

Oh yeah the quality of pills has gone up massively, this is an objective fact. 200-250mg beans are so prevalent they're simply expected now.

Can't really comment on coke, never been my thing despite its popularity. From what I've seen of my mates it's still pretty dirty on the streets though. Amazing clean stuff on the DNMs however.

We've also got better weed because all those fancy US strains are being grown for the UK market now. I've got some decent weed without much in the way of paranoia just from buying off a mate at work. It's all different strains with different smells each time too.

It seems the darknet is definitely the way to go, but IME of smack, crack and speed on the street over the last couple of decades, quality has plummeted. But as ever, it's who and what you know. I obviously only know a bunch of cunts...

I'm also quite suspicious of these high dosed pills - not that I've had any mind you, but the best pills in the 80s/90s were only 150mg tops and they were banging. Higher dose doesn't always equate to higher quality...

Last edited:
It seems the darknet is definitely the way to go, but IME of smack, crack and speed on the street over the last couple of decades, quality has plummeted. But as ever, it's who and what you know. I obviously only know a bunch of cunts...

You need to get it over and done with and download TOR !

Oh I've done that, and frequently salivate over the wares. Just not got to grips with this bitcoin malarkey yet. But I will..

Both how much MDMA and what else the pills actually contain is mentioned in the linked report and also the place in England where they have seen these developments towards higher quality in the statistics. It might simply require a little trip FUBAR :p In my part of the country, we have the worst of everything, we er talking 10% plus drop in quality in coke, amphetamines and heroin, the only thing that is good/better than the rest of Denmark is the MDMA.. So I am also in the wrong place :p

Speed in particular has always been shite in the UK and that hasn't changed, probably because most punters choose coke instead so there's no big competition for the speed market.

The MDMA pills are 200-250mg these days, this is due to the competitive nature of the Dutch pill pressers and also due to the fact that when pills are seized by LE the charge is based on quantity of pills not dosage... so as a dealer it makes sense to keep a smaller number of pills on you and sell them for more money due to high dose. The Dutch know to break the pills in half, in the UK not so much, we just have a culture of taking too much MDMA here.

the abysmal purity of stuff like coke and mdma was what really fueled the mephedrone explosion from '09-10. 99.8% pure, feathery crystalline joy popped through the letter box by your friendly neighborhood postie; what a touch ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

and yes i think that the current wave of mdma poisonings thanks to those mentalist pills is a fair indicator of where the scene in the UK is heading, but i haven't seen much improvement in the opiate scene. can't speak for the whole of the UK but i've noticed a dip in the gear we get around s. ldn ends. cracks pretty stable but yeah, the b isn't doing quite as well i'd have hoped - it might hve something to do with the general userbase of b getting a bit older now, you'd be reativel hard-pressed to find many people younger than me who're loyal to the foil, Burnt Reynolds (and i'm only 25, so, yeah).
i guess smack's just not as cool as it used to be? :( lol

the abysmal purity of stuff like coke and mdma was what really fueled the mephedrone explosion from '09-10. 99.8% pure, feathery crystalline joy popped through the letter box by your friendly neighborhood postie; what a touch ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

I think that the main factor was that mephedrone first became available during the massive MDMA drought of that year (2009). I can remember somebody from EADD testing it out, then it kind of started taking off on here and I tried it about a month after the first post and started doing it at parties. Everybody absoloutely loved it and it kind of became the go to drug for the rest of that year. IIRC the MDMA drought lasted for a pretty long time. Perfect conditions for mephedrone use to sweep over the country.

^ yeah that was it, though i seem to remember reports of bashed-to-fuck chisel that wasn't much better.
god 2009 was a good yeah wasn't it ;) i'd just turned 18 and suddenly everyone was just going online and ordering the purest drug i'd ever heard of for a tenner a gram - truly it was the age of Aquarius loooolololol

did drone take over much of Europe like it did here or was it just our little island that stank of burnt circuit boards and cat piss? =D