• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Injecting Extracts

creative random asks a question and gets histrionics and sarcasm woven into most of the responses. everyone is so sure that they are correct, that it can't be safely done, but ...they...don't....really...know . Could've been a good thread, but too many impurities to qualify as a pure extract.

The THC is an oil. It will not dissolve to any appreciale degree in water. Marinol, IIRC, is THC dissolved in sesame seed oil. It would probably be pretty difficult to get it out of the oil.

I'm sorry if my posts come across as harsh or anything, Im not trying to be an ass. Im just saying that this is not safe. This about reducing harm, after all.

Yes you could probably get something pure enough to inject out of a plant. There are a number of concerns when doing this.
1. Bacteria. Yes, bacteria are all over everything, including drugs people are shooting anyway. However, coming from a plant or fungus in the wild, or even grown at home there will be a larger assortment of them... potentially something you really don't need in your bloodstream.

2.) Purity. As you are speaking of extracts, not isolated compounds you are injecting more than the desired chemical. If you extract alkaloid A from a plant, you will get alkaloid B, C, D, E, F, etc. You often cannot seperate these short or resorting to chromotography or some other non-kitchen process. Some of these chemicals may not be the best for you when injected.

3. A lot of these chemicals are probably one that you don't want to inject to begin with. This could be because they would be overwhelmingly potent, harmful in the dose range you might be using, or unpleasant in effect.

4. Impurities other than unwanted alkaloids. You could be getting small amounts of plant matter in your extract. This cannot be good. Also, you could have residual amounts of solvent in there that may not be a big deal otherwise, but kill off a few neurons when they hit nerve tissue. You arebypassing every safety mechanism you body has when you inject.

With regard to the injecting of non-soluable compounds, they can block off passages or cause clots in your blood. Think stroke and loss of blood supply to limbs.

you gotta ask yourself: Whats wrong with eating mushrooms? is that not intense enough for you? then eat more :)

But seriously, there is no need to call someone a troll just cuz they aren't as smart as you. Oxygen pills8)

Alternative methods

If you really want to find out about the "rush" that psychedelics can give, there is an alternative "safe" (well safer than injecting - it's all relative) methood that can be nearly as fast as IM injection. Take the desired dose of mushrooms, boils in water, then continue boiling to get volume down to ~10ml. Then get a large syringe (no needle) and draw it up, then administer rectally. For some drugs, this route is only marginally slower than an IM injection, but you don't have the sterility issue to worry about, as diffusion across the colon wall will prevent any bacteria etc getting into your bloodstream.

It's fun with amphetamine, slightly scary with psilocybin and (I've been told, never tried myself) the best way for MDMA. You could even try shaking some hot milk with some hash oil (the THC will dissolve in the fat part if the emulsion), then administer as above, but let the milk cool first!

^^ dude...
Milks is pastuerized and all, but there's no telling whats growing in that shit. I don't think an IM injection of milk is a good idea at all.

I'd just like to congratulate naturalone for making me laugh out the loudest laugh so far today. "internet troll injects oxygen into veins in order to breathe easier."

This beats my IV alcohol administration. It really does.

CreativeRandom, if you don't understand the concept of solubility, and you say that marrinol pills have too many "filters", you've been smoking too much crack. Stop.

fastandbulbous, boiling mushrooms destroys psilocybin.

I'd love to try IV MDMA some day. It'd be intense, but I like things intense.

CreativeRandom, you should inject your mushroom solution through the syringe you kept after your flu vaccination! =D

Fizzacyst, thanks. I don't mind critism if it is supported by reason. That's why I asked this question in the first place.

So what exactly is so bad about injecting an oil? There is still much I could learn about injection.

I understand your point about extracts also. Let me clear this thread up then. Instead of injecting extracts, I mean desirable isolated compounds.

The reason I didn't specify this was because say you eat mushrooms, or shoot heroin, or snort coke. There is a pretty guarenteed chance that the desired chemical is not all thats goin in your body. So I think it's safe to assume that shooting things like corn meal or baking powder that's been diluted in water isn't harmful for the body (dont get me wrong, its still a bad idea, but I'm sure many have done this unknowingly). And since mushrooms seems to be the topic most discussed here, and since that will probably be what, if i decided to go with this idea, what I'd inject, I would like to point out they are safe to eat. Maybe they have bad bacteria or impurities in it, but when IV'd your dealing with alot less psilocybin for a desired effect, and dealing with much less bacteria and impurities. Using a hot water extraction, much of the bacteria would die. Not all, but enough for it to be fairly safe to inject.

So chemicals have to be ???-soluble for injection? This must mean that heroin, coke, crack, MDMA, meth, codeine, and 5-meo-dipt are all ???-soluble? Can you clear up what kind of solubility here?

Boiling mushrooms does not destroy psilocybin outright. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe high temperatures speed up the deterioration rate of psilosin. The higher, the quicker the deterioration. I think the psilocybin either turns into psilosin, or is fine. Maybe it's destroyed.

Anyways, if you boil water and put the mushrooms in once the heat is off, and intend to drink it within the next 20 minutes your mushrooms won't lose any noticeable potency.

I was considering however, to make a mushroom tea as described, using very little water and perhaps just one stem. Strain shroom a few times, and use a cotton filter while loading the syringe. Inject IV and see if any effects. If not, then probably wouldn't be worth the trouble of boiling many mushrooms to inject just once. In end, what would be seen as a "mushroom saving" technique would be a "mushroom losing" technique. If the experiment has no use then I could just eat the shroom, drink the tea, and eat a few more.

That rectal tip is interesting however very uncomfortable sounding.

Read it again

Milks is pastuerized and all, but there's no telling whats growing in that shit. I don't think an IM injection of milk is a good idea at all.

I said nothing about injecting milk (as this could cause a fatal anaphylactic shock - foreign proteind in the blood). I suggested using it as a carrier for THC by administering it rectally (squirting it up the arse!)

NO bacteria

Using a hot water extraction, much of the bacteria would die. Not all, but enough for it to be fairly safe to inject.

Sterile means NO bacteria, viruses etc. One meningococcal bacterium is enough to cause meningitis. Bacteria can double their number in as little time as 5 minutes given ideal growing conditions (for pathogenic bacteria that's inside the human body). If they multiplied at the above rate, you'd have over 16 million in two hours.
Also bacteria from the groups Bacillus and Clostridium (which cause anthrax, tetanus, gas gangerene etc) form spores that can survive many minutes of boiling.

I was considering however, to make a mushroom tea as described, using very little water and perhaps just one stem. Strain shroom a few times, and use a cotton filter while loading the syringe. Inject IV and see if any effects.

Read the answers to your question. It doesn't matter how much of the fungus you use, if it is not the purified alkaloid extract, it's still VERY FUCKING DANGEROUS

Then again, do it as you said. We can all tut and shake ours heads after reading your obituary

Last edited:
Heroin, coke, crack, MDMA, meth, codeine, and 5-meo-dipt are all generally found in the form of a salt. This is usually the hydrochloride or sulfate salt. Such compounds contain nitrogen, and as such are basic to some degree (they are alkaline, its why they are called alkaloids). In this form they are not water soluble. They are neutralized with some sort of acid, usually hydrochloric or sufuric acid to form a salt. Such salts will dissolve in a polar solvent such as water. Some dissolve easier than others.

If you loaded up some THC in a syringe full of water or saline, you would have a barrel of water with a glob of oil floating in it. So when you inject it, you inject a glob of oil that could potentially cause a blood clot or plug up a small vessel or something nasty like that. Marijuana is plentiful and cheap, no need to inject it.

As far as mushrooms go, they are not all that expensive either. No need to try to conserve by injecting. Not to mention what you'd lose doing the extraction if you are not skilled at such things.

Also instead of taking, say, half an hour to kick in and another hour or to reach the peak, then a few hours of plateau, then gradual decrease to baseline it would all happen much faster. The you'd go from being sober to FRIED really quickly. I could be really unpleasant to be sober, then be tripping and and look down to see a syringe hanging out of your arm. The sheer intensity of take-off could be unpleasant on its own. Also, the duration would be much, much shorter. If you extracted properly, yes, you would probably save mushrooms. But what you saved may be very unpleasant to take. You could get better gas milage by tearing out all of the seats in your car to lighten the load, but this would be totally undesirable. Not that different.

When tests on such drugs are done on people, they are usually by IV. But they don't just shoot it up, its on a controlled drip most of the time at least until the desired dosage is reached.

Boiling mushrooms will destroy some of the alkaloid, but not all unless you are doing this for some ridiculous amount of time. Straining this through a piece of cotton ball is not sufficient. You'd still be injecting millions of spores into your circulatory system. They aren't going to grow or anything, but I can't imagine that as being good. Who knows, you may go into shock from something like that.

Hope that helps.

My bad about the milk.

Last edited:
I think when people slam alot of drugs bought from the black market, I think the solution going into your vein is anything BUT sterile.

I am not too worried about sterility (well I am), but I'm viewing it as, if it's "sterile" enough to eat, then taking a very miniscule dose of that is sterile enough for IV.

I see why oils wouldn't work. Are oils (THC itself, and oils in general) alcohol soluble or any liquid that is thin soluble?

The reason for this topic is not about saving money or making the most out of something scarce. It is just inquiry. However, around here, mushrooms are fairly expensive (think KB prices) and rare as hell. Ketamine, crack, coke, reefer, X, are all around generally, but trips are rare.

Spores I suppose could end up in my vein. I think the filter would prevent alot of that, maybe it would be better to filter a few times.

Boiling mushrooms would destory some alkaloids. I would not boil them, I would put them in water that was recently boiled. Psilosin/cybin do not instantly break down in heat, but rather, they deteriorate quicker in oxygen and heat, the hotter the quicker the deterioration. So I would soon ingest/IV the solution after the mushrooms have been exposed to heat.

I think what would happen if I tried to IV mushrooms this way is that I probably wouldn't feel anything, given that there may not be enough psilocyin in the syringe to create a trip. Who knows. Im considering doing this though sometime soon.

I don't want to feed the trolls but anyway, you asked a question and the majority said that this is flat out dangerous yet you still plan to do it, which leaves me wondering are you blind or just dumb. IVing your mushrooms juice will no doubt be catastrophic and you will end up in the hospital. I don't give a fuck if i'm coming off as an ass, this is by far the stupidest question i have seen on this website for years. We're here to have intelligent debates and this question is not debatable, there is no way for you to do this without severe repricutions. Not only do youlack knowledge but also contradict yourself the the point where this thread is a fucking joke like...

"The reason for this topic is not about saving money or making the most out of something scarce. It is just inquiry. However, around here, mushrooms are fairly expensive (think KB prices) and rare as hell."

If that's not contradiction I don't know what is. I know you haven't been here for more than a couple weeks, but there was a time where people could come here(OD) and be engaged and learn something without stumbling upon this moronic garbage.

how the fuck is injecting a pure chemical in a saline solution dangerous ? People have injected pure psilocybin extract before and it has worked fine, i'm just not sure about banging the actual mushroom tea. Still, if you think your heroin hasn't been stepped, pissed and spit on at least 10 times before you ever see it your delusional. I don't see how it could be so much more dangerous then shooting other street drugs.

Bottom line, if you manage to extract some psilocybin crystals, mix them with a tiny bit of saline and shoot that. It will work and should do zero damage as long as you manage to clean up your extract to an acceptable level.

All the close minded idiots made me rethink my residency here at bluelight, the guy came here to ask a simple question and gets bombarded with such piles of shit that i'm not even sure it was worth asking the question anymore. Fuck all you high and mighty motherfuckers who think you know everything, everyone starts out somewhere and i'm much happier that this guy is actually coming online and trying to learn about the subject rather then just trying it out.

One last time

I am not too worried about sterility (well I am), but I'm viewing it as, if it's "sterile" enough to eat, then taking a very miniscule dose of that is sterile enough for IV.

Have you not read any of the above posts, or are you content in your ignorance. Bacteria are not absorbed from the gut as the gut wall acts a a barrier. By injecting, you bypass that barrier so any microorganisms present, even in a small amount of liquid.

If you still don't get the point, then go ahead, inject some; you won't be a loss to the gene pool when you go down with one of a number of diseases, it'll be natural selection at work

psychetool said:
how the fuck is injecting a pure chemical in a saline solution dangerous ? People have injected pure psilocybin extract before and it has worked fine, i'm just not sure about banging the actual mushroom tea. Still, if you think your heroin hasn't been stepped, pissed and spit on at least 10 times before you ever see it your delusional. I don't see how it could be so much more dangerous then shooting other street drugs.

Bottom line, if you manage to extract some psilocybin crystals, mix them with a tiny bit of saline and shoot that. It will work and should do zero damage as long as you manage to clean up your extract to an acceptable level.

C'mon guy, who are you tryin to kid here, first no one is taliking about "pure psilocybin extract", you really think this guy has the resources to make a "pure psilocybin extract", no, he's talking about mushroom tea.

As for my heroin(which is made for the purpose of injection) is a lot safer the shoot than mushroom juice and I don't think iv'e mentioned heroin in this thread so quit pulling shit out of your ass. As for heroin being pissed or spit on explain the logic behind this one. Your just arguing without a point, your post holds no merit as we're not taking about a pure extraction of psilocybin crystals, have you read this thread, we're talikng about mushroom tea.

As for all of us "close minded idiots made me rethink my residency here at bluelight", we're doing what this forum is designed for harm reduction, and everyone but two people told this kid straight out that what he's attempting will land him in the hospital, then he replies he gonna do it anyway and your encouraging. This guy never came to learn anything he's stubborn to do this shit from the moment he thought of his brilliant idea. Seriously, there has gotta be a limit, and shooting mushroom tea should be that limit.

Hey CreativeRandom, go re-post this in psychadelics and see what they have to say, we'll see how many "rofl" we get.

Actually he asked about shooting the extracts, then followed up with the question about mushroom tea. Learn to read the post more carefully next time.

Just in case he did not realize, mushroom tea is *not* an effective way to extract pure psilocybin. It simple transfers it into a different kind of vessle for easy absorbtion. If you want to read up a little on extractions just read Ask Shulgins website and it can clear things up a little bit for you.

http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/shulgin/adsarchive/extraction.htm

As for sending it over to PD i'm pretty sure they would all agree that shooting a pure psilocybin extract (crystals, which can be made EASILY with no lab equipment) isn't really dangerous at all unless you count the possibility of fucking up the mechanics of the shot itself such as getting an airbubble.

I wholeheartedly agree that shooting mushroom tea would just be nasty, there can be leftover production supplies ( vermiculite, coco coir, dirt ) or even insects in there. DO NOT PROCEED.

As for heroin not being cut with much, common heroin cuts include dextrose, talcum powder, mannitol, quinine, cocoa, powdered soap, and brown sugar. All of which are not cut in 'lab grade' areas so you can pretty much bet on other random crap falling into the mix as well.

My point is that you should not judge people because of the questions they ask, especially when you yourself are exposing yourself to all kinds of infection and bacteria risk that goes along with the use of street heroin.

Remember, all started somewhere.

Note the TITLE OF THE THREAD : "Shooting Extracts". Not shooting mushroom tea.

I compared it to heroin because people shoot unclean bacteria ridden shit every day, yes it is dangerous, but people still do it and survive. If he is shooting extract the chances of such bacteria are much lower in my oppinion then heroin which has traded hands an unknown number of times and been cut with god knows what.

not jusy bacteria

Psychetool, while I agree with most of what you said, even street heroin is (normally) safer than that proposed with mushroom tea. All the H cuts that are soluble are non-protein based, whereas mushroom tea will still be full of them, and as getting foreign proteins into the bloodstream is the best way to trigger anaphylactic shock, which in combination with a bacterial load is much more dangerous, as the treatment (adrenaline/steroids) specifically desensitize the immune system to halt the anaphylaxis. A much reduced immune system is not a good thing if there are bacteria in your bloodstream.

PS the foreign protein bit applies to any plant extract that isn't the result of specifically trying to isolate one (or a group) of related compound(s) using chemical separation techniques such as used to isolate alkaloids.

PPS Yeah it looks like he's going to do it anyway, Don't know why people bother asking questions if they've decided what they're going to do before they get any answers

Injecting non-sterile solutions can QUICKLY lead to infections, cardiovascular problems (including heart attack), stroke, amputation and death.
http://anypositivechange.org/bvcsi.html