Infiltrate: The Unity Project - NYC 8/4/01

Hey, i know it's kinda late...but does anyone have good directions ta the ballroom?
We're comin from philly...thx.
------------------
If you resolve to give up smoking, drinking, and loving, you don't actually live longer, it just seems longer.

I'll be in a loud ass red t-shirt with a picture of the motion for a fireball from street fighter on it ( |\- + P ). Also grey UFOs with reflective piping and a visor with the polo horse on it. I hope to see you guys there (especially if you want to sell me some cid
smile.gif
)

A'ight...where should I begin?
We got there around 9:30 and were likely in by 10. Things started off slow. We headed upstairs to feel out the jungle room. The music there was hot all night.
Function vs. MASA didn't really lay out anything tight. Mark Bee started picking things up a bit before Icey tore it the fuck up. He did start off a little slow, but you gotta build it up to tear it down...and he did.
So, now it's 1:30. Space Girl is supposed to be on, but Icey is still finishing his set. Meetup, anybody? We could only hang around for 10 minutes though cause my Goddess had begun. This was the best set I'd seen Space Girl put on. I just wish I didn't exhaust myself dancing as hard as possible from the beginning of her "set" because I couldn't dance through it all.
Jon the Dentist was on after Space Girl. Again, things started off slow--plus the fact I was beat--but picked right back up. By now I have already had the time of my life. I expected things to go downhill only because I hadn't been let down yet. Supa DJ Dmitry continued to keep things going and then Angel Alanis got things picked up a little bit more. Just when you thought the crowd was done in, Angel Alanis tore it up.
It was at this point we ended up catching the 5:27 train back home
frown.gif
Infiltrate restored my faith in the scene.
This party had one of the most amazing vibes. I've never met so many friendly people at any party before. Everyone was willing to hold a conversation past, "What's your name? Where are you from? You go to a lot of parties around here? Ok, see you around." Security, from what I witnessed, was actually great. Aside from not being able to fill water bottles in the bathroom (to which security didn't really hassle me and politely asked that I throw out the bottle before going in), they were semi-courteous to everyone. The only time they really got in anyone's face was when they seemed to be explicit about drug use. No hassles about doing a bump next to the speakers
wink.gif
. To top it all off, selling tickets *only* in advance worked out pheonomenally. The crowd was perfect.
After the last few parties I went to (including One Nation), I didn't feel like I was enjoying myself. I just wasn't having a good time. To everyone that went to Infiltrate, I personally thank you for making it all up to me in spirit/vibe. I had the most amazing time.
smile.gif

~Erik
------------------
On the scales of desire your absence weighs·more than someone else's presence
I wanna kiss reason good bye today·I wanna show it's purple essence

You're welcome dearie.
youre scene is my scene
smile.gif

-jen
------------------
**Come Original**

No Doubt. This party was off the hook... stayed to the end. Icey and Spacegirl were worth the price of admission alone. Plus I got a free Caffeine vest when they were throwing shit off the stage. Definitely a hot party, met mad cool people as well.

I too was at INFILTRATE. Me & my MD peeps got there around 11:30pm. Security was kewl at the door and throughout the ballroom. We got in quickly with not much hassling. The place was crowded with partying people, BUT there was still much dancefloor to party on. That lasershow was bugging me out the entire night, it was good. All the DnB djs upstairs I thought were great especially Capital J. I also thought Spacegirl Jon the Dentist & Angel Allanis sets were great. As for Icey, I wasn't really feeling his breakbeats that night, but his set was good too. I met up with allot of random kewl peoples. The vibe there was very, very good which added to a good night of fun. Metup with some blers. Shout-outs goes to Speekah Phreekah & Icey from bluelight. It was fun dancing and flirting with all the girls there. I mean everyone there was in a good-partying/talking mood with whatever they were on including myself and that made for a good night. Like I said before the vibe was way good, not typical of a NY party, so I will have to come up there again. So I’m going over now to start posting me & my friends up for Sterotopia. Hope to see other blers there.
------------------
Go on.......Get your dance on.......Get your smile tight.......I know you're feeling this rave shit......."THIS SHIT IS DEAD RIGHT".......Get your bounce on! ~sugafist (B-boy)~

i had such a horrible time @ this party...
the whole day was just kinda off...and i smoked a lot of dips, which didnt help. i had a great time for like an hour--a decent time for a few **all between 1 and 4 am.** but the rest of the night just really blew.
i soooooo felt that i wasted my money--and am like just dOne with big parties...i have such a better time @ small rooftops n shit. i think i'm gonna go for tsunami this week...unsure of location, but it'll prolly be free and outdoors...good shit
------------------
*cassidy*
"the purpose of words is to convey a message--after the idea is grasped, the words are forgotten--where is a man who forgot all the words? it is he who i wish to speak to"

Did anyone else coming into NY via 95 South notice that the directions on the flyer were kinda messed up? Maybe it was just me...
Anyway, I got to the venue around 4:30pm to help my friends who work for Ice-9 set up. (the vendor booth in the back selling glowsticks, pacifiers, vicks inhalers, candy, toys, etc.)
This was the first time I ever got to see a party from a "behind the scene" perspective. Not a pretty picture. I'd much rather stick to being a party-goer than a party-thrower.
I semi-worked at this party in exchange for my friends compting me, but still danced as much as possible and had loads of fun.
What an amazing venue! I was impressed. There was always room to dance.
The lights and lazers were off da hook. The sound was BANGIN'. Loads of nice deep undistorted bass, just the way the Phreekah likes it! There were shit loads of speakers everywhere. I thought the suspended surround sound speakers around the perimeter of the dance floor was a novel idea.
The party started off kinda slow, but around 11:30 I started feeling positive party energy.
::personal Highlights::
Icey in my humble opinion actually spun a good set at this party. Last I saw him at Earthfest he sucked.
Spacegirl was in-fucking-credible!! The best set I ever heard her spin! She is now my favorite female DJ! (Sorry Misstress Barbara.)
Jon The Dentist This was my first time hearing this guy. He was pretty good.
Capital-J Went upstairs to the DnB room with Sugafist to check things out. I'm really not into DnB (for more than 30 minutes anyway) but this guy was fuckin' shit up!! He was unlike any DnB dj I ever heard. I actually stood in front of him and watched. He has mad tricks and skillz.
Every one I met and talked to were mad cool! This party kinda reminded me of "The Music Made Me Do It" with it's friendly vibe and all. Everyone was your best friend. Even the "junglists" were mad cool.
I guess I've been pretty lucky in choosing which NY parties to attend. I have yet to witness this sketchy/shady vibe that some speak of. ("parties" at clubs don't count....a party at a club will always have a "clubby" vibe) I'm from New England/CT where the scene here is notorious for being sketchy and people think it's cool to be unreasonably mean. Maybe our point of view on what is sketch and what is not is different.(?) Anyway, this party and "The Music Made Me Do It" were two of the best parties I've ever been to, and they're both NY parties!
::Shout Outz::
Icey You're mad chill. Even though I see you almost every weekend at Vibe, it was lots of fun hangin' with you at a party.
Sugafist Man, you're kewl as hell. Your friends are mad cool too. They treated me like they knew me forever or something. Tell your Irish friend (I forgot his name) that "Dinne Dovah" (black warrior) says wutz up! lol
Scopin' out the girlz with you was mad fun. Man, You can dance your ass off!
Hope to meet more of you guys at Groove Theory this weekend.
------------------
Variety truly is the spice of life.
[This message has been edited by Speekah Phreekah (edited 07 August 2001).]

All I gotta say is WOW!!! First off DJ Icey's set was the best I've seen him do yet. I've seen him 3 times so far this year this was the best yet. Also Spacegirl's set was fuckin dope. This was my first time seeing her and all I gotta say too is that she is now my fav female DJ. It was good seein alot of familiar faces around too. Speekah Phreekah, it was great seing you there and I'm sure I'll see ya at Vibe sometime soon. Email me sometime and let me know what parties your goin too, or when your goin to Vibe. And if any of you saw a kid twirl some fuckin bright ass ultra bright glowsticks that was me. Maybe I'll see some of you guys at Awareness this weekend. Peace!!!

What are you guys doing that our crew isn't? We were next to the speakers almost the entire night (with the exception of Space Girl) and didn't see anyone. Hrumph.
~Erik

AH!! Icey, so that was you twirling those bright ass orange glowsticks. Man, I was rollin' so hard off a rolls royce and a euro-dollar and in a deep keta-chloride K-hole, your glowsticks were buggin' me out from clear across the room. HA!
smile.gif

Gmni13, don't worry man, we shall meet one day. What party are you goin' to next? I'll be working with my friends again at Groove Theory, after that, I'm hittin up Stereotopia. Looking forward to meetin' and chillin' wit ya man.
Peace, and chicken grease
Speekah
[This message has been edited by Speekah Phreekah (edited 08 August 2001).]

damn sorry i missed the meetup. but if anyones gonna be at groove theory or inhale or stereotopia i shall be there. and if the meetups are in the jungle room it makes it so much easier
smile.gif
dah welp.

the vendor booth in the back selling glowsticks, pacifiers, vicks inhalers, candy, toys, etc.)
Speekah Phreekah-- what mach kids do you know? i love them all.. ;-)
**i think its madd funny they run the ravertoys stand considering how anti-massiff everyone feels, lol
------------------
*cassidy*
"the purpose of words is to convey a message--after the idea is grasped, the words are forgotten--where is a man who forgot all the words? it is he who i wish to speak to"

Jerzeezfinest,
I agree. The irony is quite perplexing....
Do you know Cat and Kevin?
------------------
"Shibby!"

yea yea..i know all the mach kids. i LOVE them... i was back there for a lot of the night chillen w/ them--always do--at the big parties you can find me there for a good portion of the night.
------------------
*cassidy*
aim: xoxcassidyxox