• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids In pursuit of successfully potentiating Tianeptine Sodium

Thanks, I sincerely appreciate that. Tia was a wild ride, but I'm glad to be off. I used it because I thought it was better than using "real" drugs (Like: oxy, valium, klonopin, cocaine, amphetamine, lsd, etc.) but it's much more nuanced I learnt. Tia is a narcotic just the same as the rest at gram doses

Took a little lyrica and soma too lol
Soma is some good stuff.

Unfortunately, tolerance developed so quickly on Soma.

Hello my friends,

been trying to figure out if there's any notable way in which to potentiate tianeptine sodium. It's worth noting that I'm using tianeptine in a strictly recreational fashion, for fun and euphoria, but also for focus and enhanced performance working in both academic and manual labor ways.

So far, the only thing I've found of traditional opioid potentiators that works is Benadryl, however this could be more of a synergy than true potentiation. By potentiation I'm talking about true pharmacological potentiation like with glutethimide(Doriden) and codeine.

Smoking/vaping sources of nicotine is VERY pleasurable, reminds me of oxycodone and nicotine, though again, this is definitely more of just synergy than potentiation.
My question is to my pharmacology experts here in bluelight. Are there any theoretically viable potentiating agents based on the enzymes tianeptine uses? I know its exact method of action is still somewhat unknown and misunderstood. I can't even find the actual enzymes that're involved in tianeptine use.

I'm using this substance orally only; no snorting, IV/IM, sublingual, anal.

I look forward to a good discussion on this hopefully!

God bless,

ChloralHyrdo
This muscle relaxer called tizidine (related to Chlonidine and Xyloxine), works well. It feels like it literally lowers your overall opioid tolerance by like 30 percent for a few hours. That's how it effects me anyways. I'm sure Xyloxine would work too but don't shoot it (many cases of skin eating type stuff) but be careful with that stuff all the way around. Chlonidine would probably be good too

I think it wise to listen to all the horror stories about Tianeptine above.
Just to give the perspective of someone who has tried about 100mg a few times...
That dosage feels like a vicodine or two, but dirtier. Feels nice when it comes on, I will admit.
However, it has zero legs, nada, none. As soon as you feel it, you feel it fading. Makes it hard to enjoy it and causes a strong desire to redose.
I've not redosed and the immediate fading of effects does really detract from it.
I also hear that even a few doses raises your tolerance to Kratom a lot and that doing it much at all can lead to a permatolerance to Kratom.
All good reasons to try to give what I have left away. I bought 5 grams. No takers. People that have heard of it have heard bad things about it too.

Tianeptine has been taken off many markets because of it's abuse and dependence liability. I believe it's abuse potential was discovered by Russian opioid users. Sadly, the Russians inject EVERYTHING that can be injected and since tianeptine isn't THAT soluble, people were losing limbs.

ON BL a few people hailed it as amazing before quickly changing their minds.

I remember all the buzz from users (not only here but like drugs-forum, UKRC, and other sites) about how great it was. Sourced some and tried it out but didn’t feel any recreational effects at all. Went through 50x12.5mg and moved on and forgot about Stablon (cool brand name though haha).

I’d stay away due to the stories above.

Hello my friends,

been trying to figure out if there's any notable way in which to potentiate tianeptine sodium. It's worth noting that I'm using tianeptine in a strictly recreational fashion, for fun and euphoria, but also for focus and enhanced performance working in both academic and manual labor ways.

So far, the only thing I've found of traditional opioid potentiators that works is Benadryl, however this could be more of a synergy than true potentiation. By potentiation I'm talking about true pharmacological potentiation like with glutethimide(Doriden) and codeine.

Smoking/vaping sources of nicotine is VERY pleasurable, reminds me of oxycodone and nicotine, though again, this is definitely more of just synergy than potentiation.
My question is to my pharmacology experts here in bluelight. Are there any theoretically viable potentiating agents based on the enzymes tianeptine uses? I know its exact method of action is still somewhat unknown and misunderstood. I can't even find the actual enzymes that're involved in tianeptine use.

God bless,

ChloralHyrdo
Alcohol 3 or 4 beers, THC, Agmatine Sulfate, Tagament, D3, Magnesium, multi vitamins... All make it better if ya ask me.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a reaction to your query.

I came across it on the net . . . probably one of the YT videos that used to (perhaps they still do - haven't looked) praise its efficacy as an anti-depressant. I'm a functional semi-depressed asocial person, all my life. I haven't taken anything (prescription pharmaceuticals) for it other than pot and occasionally opiate pills that came my way off and on. I never got so dependent that when whatever I had ran out that I went looking for more but, looking back, I realize my affinity for opiate pills was due to the anti-depressant effects of opiates in general.

Anyway, with an interest in pharmacology and nootropics . . . as well as nutrition and health supplements . . . I came across tianeptine. I used it for a year and a half. It wasn't long before I was regularly taking 10 or more grams daily. The energy boost and positive state of mind (the high) comes on quickly and lasts maybe three or four hours, so it's easy to go from one or two grams a day to 10 or more. I ended up ordering it from China in kilo quantities since buying it from retail sources in the U.S. got expensive, even though compared to the cost these days it was cheap.

I've seen it mentioned while poking around this forum that the sodium sold these days is less potent than back when I was using it.

I thought I'd found a wonder drug. No mention was ever made, back then, of it's addictive properties, nor was it ever mentioned that it's primary mode of action is that of an opiate receptor agonist. I realized after about two weeks of using it that if I went without any, a strong craving would arise. I'd wake up in the middle of the night needing to snort a little spoon of it. That's the first time I've ever experienced addiction, despite my lifelong very occasional access and use of Vicodin or Tylenol #3's, usually from leftover dentist prescriptions. Also got some very serious pills from a friend dying of cancer. Nevertheless, no matter how strong the pills that came my way, when they ran out I was disappointed, but never went chasing more. I appreciated them but was not addicted or even dependent.

I quit smoking cigarettes after 25 years of steady use. It took a number of failed attempts over the years but I finally succeeded. It was such an ordeal that, since then, addiction has never worried me. I've had it in my head that if someone can quit cigarettes after a lifetime of smoking them, I could quit anything. I once felt scorn for those who, despite the damage their addiction causes, are too weak-willed to quit once the damage becomes glaringly obvious. I suppose I'm still the same, especially with cigarette smokers or drunks.

Tia brought me up short though. I realized quite early that I was addicted to it but cost seemed to be the only downside to using it . . . until I started noticing my ankles and lower legs were swelling from edema. I'm healthy, normal weight 170# and have never had any medical issues. Even smoking cigarettes wasn't affecting me other than finally getting sick of doing something that was obviously so stupid. I'm 77. I quit cigarettes at age 40.

After a year of tia use I had to come to terms with the obvious fact that it was affecting my body in negative ways. I can't remember just what all the physical negative effects were but the edema stands out in my memory. It was getting worse the longer I used tia and the few times I tried to quit left me so miserable, so quickly, that I just kept on. Once it was clear I was killing myself with the stuff I had to choose though. Did I want to live or die? I decided to screw up my courage and make a serious attempt and I did succeed. I had a good stash of etizolam for the effort and used them to knock myself out for the worst of the withdrawals. Took about four days for the worst to be over but it lingered for weeks. It's been five years this February 1st. Craving was mostly over after a couple weeks but since it is an EXCELLENT anti-depressant, without it I soon returned to my normal state of a functional but mildly depressed asocial self. Quitting tia was the most miserable experience I've ever had. My strategy of knocking myself out for the first few days was the key to my getting through it. I recommend this strategy for quitting anything. There is (or was . . . it still should be there) a forum on Reddit called Quitting Tianeptine.

It was developed in France and is sold there and other countries as Stablon. Normal dose is 12.5 mg three times a day. If use is kept at that level, it just may be the best anti-depressant on the market (if it works at that dosage level . . . I wouldn't know :). If ordering it by the jar or larger quantities from chemical companies in China, 12.5 mg. seems ridiculous. I was into gram-sized doses within days and within weeks was taking 10 grams a day, probably more. The sodium, not the sulfate. I did order some sulfate but for whatever reason didn't find it at all satisfying compared to the sodium I'd become used to.

Somewhere between a year and a year and a half of use I took a pinch of Phenibut along with my tia and ended up about ten hours later calling 911 for the first time in my life. I diagnosed myself as having "electrical poisoning" and while hallucinating all night long - trees and almost all vegetation on my property was adorned with what looked like little Christmas lights. Street lights pulsed. Airplane lights and freeway traffic in the distance appeared extremely abnormal. There were other visual effects as well, all of which appeared as real as the laptop on which I'm typing this. Worse though, I felt myself sinking into a deep enervated state which I was expecting to fade as soon as the Sun came up and the neighborhood lights would be turned off. It may sound ridiculous now but such was what I experienced and when my sinking state didn't go away when the Sun came up and instead I continued to sink, I genuinely felt I was dying. I was.

My potassium level was way below the minimum level allowable. Heartbeats depend upon the brain sending signals to the heart and electrolytes have to be within certain ranges for this to happen. Had I not had such strong native health resilience, I could have and by all rights should have died but despite knowing the financial hit of calling 911, what good is one's savings if one is dead? One has to experience such a state to truly understand this I think. I don't have health insurance. Medicaid probably would have covered the $23K it cost for the ambulance call and hospital bills but if you have a house, you no longer will own it once a person gets involved with Medicaid. I don't qualify for Medicare due to lack of sufficient IRS quarters necessary to qualify for Social Security or Medicare. I've lived a free life and stayed as far away as possible from anything to do with the government. I have excellent credit and would have paid the full bill, however the hospital very kindly lowered the total when I wrote their billing department and explained my retired status. They ran me through several scanning machines and took multiple blood draws for various tests. They put me in a lead-lined room (so the nurses said) that was completely darkened and gave me a blindfold. I was insisting that they pull the breakers to disconnect everything electrical anywhere around me and in one way or another they explained why they couldn't do that so for the three days (maybe four) I demanded to be let out of there since I felt I'd jumped from the frying pan into the fire by going to such an electrically intensive environment as a hospital. Obviously once I had a drip in me and my electrolytes had been restored I no longer felt I was dying, but the delusions continued for most of my time there. Multiple stool samples, urine, blood tests. All they found was that my potassium was drastically lower than life allows and . . . reading about potassium/sodium levels later, I may have been out of my mind in a strange but logical way but had I not had sufficient wit left to call 911 I wouldn't be writing this now.

Yet, after this, I continued to use tia for several months more. The only thing different I had done that night was take a small pinch of Phenibut (something I'd never used but with an interest in nootropics had ordered but never used until the night this event occurred.) I don't know what Phenibut had to do with it but that was the only thing I did differently than on any other day or night. The whole thing was so "real" that I'll probably be wondering the rest of my life just what/how/why I experienced what I did. The true reality of it has faded with time but for months following this experience I desperately tried to find anyone who might understand and be able to explain what happened. I even went back to the hospital to try (without success) and talk to the nurses/doctors and see the section with the "lead-lined" rooms. I was trying to sort what was real from what wasn't for a long time following this experience. The potassium issue can cause delusions and hallucinations so I've just settled for that as an explanation but the whole thing was so bizarre that I wanted to understand more about it. For now, my conclusion pretty much rests upon what I've learned what happens when letting electrolytes, particularly potassium, get low. WAY low. I've since come across accounts of people dying or almost dying from extremely low potassium levels and I'm grateful to my good health and what little rationality I had left to call 911 . . . that and the receiving staff who stuck a drip in me as soon as they rolled me into the receiving area. Had they waited to stick a drip in me until they had run some urine & blood tests I could easily have died right then and there, it was that low. That hardly seems sufficient however to explain the incredibly realistic visions and my state of mind through this episode. I've never in life had anything like this occur, either before or since.

I didn't mean to get into such an exhaustive description of my experience with tia but I type amazingly fast and almost always write three times more than I need to. Hopefully someone finds this interesting. I'll just sum up by saying what I meant to say when I started this . . . don't take tia lightly. Someone said they don't sell tia as strong as it was five years ago so there may be more of a margin with it these days. Dunno. If it's not as strong these days, it just would mean (in my case) I would have been taking 20 grams a day instead of 10-12. It's also gotten way more expensive I notice and there are not nearly as many sellers of it as there used to be. It's strange the feds haven't jumped on it like they did with kratom which, in comparison, is laughable. I thought I'd found a wonder drug. I'm from the Sixties and am no stranger to alternate states of consciousness. I'm familiar with extreme psychedelic states but never in any of them have I lost my core awareness that I was simply enjoying (most of the time) an alternate reality. Nor was I a stranger to opiate pills, as I've mentioned. I knew Terence personally and was partially responsible for enticing him over to Rustler's Valley in RSA and even today listen and re-listen to his talks since they remind me where I'm from in this new world of "phone culture." He would be sickened by it, as I am. He didn't call it by its current name of "social media" but he did call it. "Shit brained".

My message is not to say "Never take tia." We have a right to do whatever we want with our consciousness and our bodies. I rather mean to say, don't take tia lightly. It's a very, very strange drug. It's addictiveness is more than just that it hits the opiate receptors. There's more to it, something poisionous that adds an extra dimension to its addictiveness than just its affinity for opiate receptors.
The Sodium based Tia causes a lot of water retention in people. The Sulfate doesn't do that. That is probably where ya got the Edema.

Sadly, the Russians inject EVERYTHING that can be injected and since tianeptine isn't THAT soluble, people were losing limbs.

I think there might be more to it than that. Tianeptine sodium is actually quite soluble in water. But from my experience making oral solutions with tianeptine (though I never injected it), when tianeptine is dissolved in water, the resulting solution becomes glue-like. When spilled on two surfaces, it dries quickly and glues the two surfaces together with nearly the adhesive strength of a cyanoacrylate glue. I had some tianeptine sodium solution of 100mg/ml concentration in a dropper bottle and had accidentally spilled a good amount on the side of the bottle, and after placing down on a counter, the liquid dripped down the bottle and firmly affixed the bottle to the counter top. I've also used surgical scissors to stir small batches of tianeptine in water, and when left to dry, were as if I had dipped them in super glue.

So my guess is that aside from the rapid vasculitis upon injection, it finds its way to a nearby artery causing atherosclerotic blockage overtime and reduction in blood flow. Also, the rapid obliteration of easily accessible veins (note, small amounts of cyanoacrylates are used to strategically destroy veins, such as the cosmetic "removal" of varicose veins), leads one to resort to riskier areas (femoral), thus making limb loss a real risk.

At least, that's my theory with regard to IV tianeptine and limb loss. After witness how tianeptine solutions behave like liquid super glue, it make cringe to think of that stuff injected, particularly since for a heavy use large amounts of that gunk need to be injected since the solubility is perhaps 100mg/ml and heavy IV doses require multiple milliliters of that gunk to be injected.

Oh - Russian users seem to use LARGE syringes quite readily. I imagine with a free carboxylic acid and a secondary amine - dimers will form.

The above paper suggests 'low affinity but high efficacy' which is kind of unusual. BUT of course it is limited to medical doses and so at very high doses, we still don't know. They don't discuss beta-arrestin recruitment which is responsible for dependence so it could be that this is an opioid that punches well above it's weight in that department.

They also mention DOR activity and I know around the same time an Austrian researcher demonstrated that MOR/DOR ligands were highly active analgesics... but then THAT research suddenly stopped... at the point where all looked set fair for much better opioid analgesics. Did beta-arrestin become an issue?

Sadly we don't know because researchers don't HAVE to publish results of trials.

That's why I support alltrials.net - because it's just as important to know what fails, what is potential harmful and what is just plain wrong just as much as what works.

Hmm... 2014.

The above paper suggests 'low affinity but high efficacy' which is kind of unusual. BUT of course it is limited to medical doses and so at very high doses, we still don't know.

I guess other examples of low affinity, high efficacy opioids would be things like pethidine and propoxyphene, or perhaps tapentadol, or o-desmethyltramadol, etc.

I suppose the thing with such drugs is that all are pretty promiscuous (dirty) in the sense that their pharmacological actions are not limited to opioid agonism, some of which stems from the sheer doses required. I mean for instance pethidine's affinity for the DAT would have no clinical relevance if pethidine didn't require 100mg to produce a therapeutic narcotic effect.

I'm not quite sure what the term means. If they were superagonists then they avoid the term although their definition of tianeptine's action isn't incompatible.

I didn't encounter respiratory depression at any point during my sixteen month run, no matter how much I took. I don't remember that it signaled anything like nausea or any other indicator to give me notice that I was taking too much. I think the only thing that limited my use was taking more than necessary to get the effect I was after would have been a waste of money. . . me being a thrifty sort. I think most if not all drugs (fenatyl perhaps being an exception? No experience with it personally.) signal in some way an overdose threshold if only vomiting, but tia, if it has one, didn't signal anything. It didn't take much and didn't last all that long but boy, it made me feel really alive. A little pinch in a shot glass of warm water was my method of use. The damage it did with me, the edema and whatever else, was from the long term use.

It seems logical that tia contributed in some way to my hallucinatory episode, but I had never experienced anything similar at any point in my use of it. The little pinch of phenibut was the only deviation from my normal routine and phenibut doesn't have a reputation for such an effect - plus I'd taken only a tiny amount since I was a stranger to it - so the whole thing is still truly a mystery. Somehow I turned into a human capacitor. Upon arrival, while lying in a side room with a drip in me and while they were assigning me a ward and running a urine test, I had visual access to the desks where staff people sat at monitors. Staring at a monitor I saw it fail. A tech crew came down and did whatever they did to fix it, then left. Staring at it again, the monitor again went blank. Did I somehow cause that? I turned my attention to another monitor and after about 30 seconds, it too went blank. I then went one by one, putting my attention on each monitor within my range of vision and one by one they went blank. After they'd fixed the first monitor and after staring at it after they left and after it again went blank, I had the question in my mind "Did I cause that?" After about fifteen minutes of failing monitors the whole desk staff moved to another part of the large receiving area and used other machines, thinking I suppose they had a localized system failure in their normal work area. I was able to kill every monitor within my range of vision.

After a couple days and in my darkened, lead-lined room I had gained enough energy to walk to the bathroom on the ward. Coming out of the bathroom I stared at the monitor behind the desk at the nurse's station. It took about ten seconds of deliberate concentration and the monitor went TU just like the earlier ones. I had super powers! There was a uniformed security type person on this ward when this happened - watching me of course - and he hot footed it from where he had been standing to the other side of the office area. Did he see what I'd done to the monitor? He definitely saw something that alarmed him. This super power had faded by the time they let me out after three and a half days. Friends picked me up.

There were other phenomena, all having to do in some way with electricity, that went on during that period. What I attributed to the consequence of having strange chemicals in my body became something more, once I noticed how I could kill computer monitors. These experiences went from being explanable by drugs to something more in the category of the paranormal. Some of what I experienced, such as my property vegetation vested with little lights, was clearly hallucinatory - or, I had ventured into an alternate state of perception that perhaps is always there but inaccessable unless certain conditions are met. There were other things though that were truly not hallucinatory. I could repeatedly and with willful intent kill the monitors once I'd noticed that my unintentional focus upon that first one had such an effect. I started doing it deliberately just to confirm that I actually could cause them to fail. Sounds psycho I know. I don't - in fact have never - had anything like this happen in my life. There were other things, all associated in some way with electrically, that went on during this experience. Tia obviously contributed if only with its effect to disrupt my electrolytes to an almost fatal extent, but there was more to the experience than I've mentioned. Quite a bit more, but more description would take this thread from the subject of tia to a thread on the paranormal with tia only in an ancillary role . . . so I'll leave the rest of it for another day. The experience was so drastically different from anything I'd ever experienced that I attempted for many months afterwords to gain a more comprehensive understanding of it. I've pretty much just let the experience recede into that category of events that will never have a good explanation. I no longer . . or very rarely . . . give it any thought until I came across this thread and started remembering and thinking about it. It would be wonderful to come across someone who had had anything similar happen and who might know more. I'd still very much like to get a rational understanding of it. It was far more mysterious than anything I've ever experienced with any drug. Maybe the tropanes could cause or contribute to something like this. This was a Castenada category experience, but I've never taken tropanes so can't compare . . . but the bizarre nature of it all certainly fit within that category. It's still the most inexplicable state of mind and series of experiences I've ever had. I'll always be on the lookout for the possibility of understanding more about what happened to me.
Edema is probably from all the sodium in Tianeptine Sodium. It is much better using the Sulfate.

Hello my friends,

God bless,

ChloralHyrdo
Can you take this medication anally?

Can you take this medication anally?

There are no references to human studies because their is no medical need to employ this ROA.

Likely yes, but given how people have mentioned it turning into a glue-like substance, proceed with caution.

Can you smoke it?

Tianeptine freebase 129 -131°C
Sodium Tianeptate 183°C -187°C
Tianeptine Sulfate 221°C - 223°C

But who knows how the various forms act in their liquid phase. BTW ALL liquids display a vapour-pressure so ALL liquids have a small proportion of the gas phase associated with them. Someone referred to the term 'vapour point' in a post BUT couldn't actually define it or provide a reference. But the hotter a liquid is, the more vapour there will be.

I don't think it's activity warrants playing around with unusual ROAs.

From what I read, tolerance and dependence develop rapidly and out of all proportion to it's opioid activity.

Tianeptine freebase 129 -131°C
Sodium Tianeptate 183°C -187°C
Tianeptine Sulfate 221°C - 223°C

But who knows how the various forms act in their liquid phase. BTW ALL liquids display a vapour-pressure so ALL liquids have a small proportion of the gas phase associated with them. Someone referred to the term 'vapour point' in a post BUT couldn't actually define it or provide a reference. But the hotter a liquid is, the more vapour there will be.

I don't think it's activity warrants playing around with unusual ROAs.

From what I read, tolerance and dependence develop rapidly and out of all proportion to it's opioid activity.
Are those oxidation or vaporization temps?

Are those oxidation or vaporization temps?

Sorry - melting points. I assumed by 'smoke' people actually meant vape so MP is the key thing... I couldn't find the temperature at which the stuff breaks down but presume it's quite high as it hasn't been 'discovered' i.e. someone accidentally destroyed a sample when heating and then tested the temperature.

Sorry - melting points. I assumed by 'smoke' people actually meant vape so MP is the key thing... I couldn't find the temperature at which the stuff breaks down but presume it's quite high as it hasn't been 'discovered' i.e. someone accidentally destroyed a sample when heating and then tested the temperature.
Do ya think a person could smoke it on foil or carefully in a pipe?

Not sure I have any left, anyway. I gave most or all away but still might have some kicking around somewhere.
I value my lack of Kratom tolerance too much to do it much.

Do ya think a person could smoke it on foil or carefully in a pipe?

Not sure I have any left, anyway. I gave most or all away but still might have some kicking around somewhere.
I value my lack of Kratom tolerance too much to do it much.

As people have stated, some sort of chemical reaction takes place in the presence of moisture and tianeptine becomes gluelike.

IF you can isolate the freebase then that has the lowest MP and so will be easier to vape. It doesn't preclude vaping the other forms that are available but since oral bioavailability appears to be very high, their isn't as much benefit.

It's also worth noting that tianeptine appears to produce tolerance and dependence much more quickly than other 'weak' opioids. Parenteral administration is likely to maximize those negatives.