• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Impossible experiences

Wow thanks guys, this is already very intriguing!!
Dragynfyr, it's good you just vented what happened - it's not sounding like a self-fulfilling prophecy the way you're putting it, apparently you had someone with you confirming the weirdness of it while you were just as baffled at the experience.
In the Daniel Pinchbeck book I mentioned earlier (Breaking open the head), there's the story of someone discovering he was meant to be a modern version of a plant shaman - having visions that led him down an amazing path. There's also something about Peruvian shamans (curanderos) and the belief that some plants participate in energy transmission. One of the visions the Western aspiring shaman had was a dream of a thundercloud with an arm reaching down picking him up and bringing him into the cloud, then him falling back towards the earth. He woke up and looked out the window. It was a clear sky with many stars but there was one thundercloud straight above the window, it let out 3 big strikes of thunder BAM BAM BAM! then it flew away!

Now some of your stories I think can still be explained by mind-warping effects and don't fall outside the domain of science. Like a group of animals, I too have seen a large number of copies of things and animals being completely blown away then later discovering that it was just a few of them. I don't know if there were any sober people to corroborate you saw all those toads? But you have to take into account how you can be transported away from reality and into a fantasy, sometimes they overlap.
I can't explain though why people should have collective hallucinations...

Egor, I remember reading your report a while ago and I will read it again in a minute - it is astounding. I know there are more than a few accounts of something like astral projection, it seems it's a common thing with Salvia for instance, but it's not that often you get confirmation like Propyl Power on DXM! That's amazing, your consciousness travelling outside your body...

I've experienced on acid full 3D visions of a place and of objects - it's like you can see every side of an object simultaneously. At the time I believed it had to do with memory retention and the integration of multiple perspectives. Because when I ride my bike on acid it's like I get a map of my surroundings inside my head in 3D and everything I see adds to it.
But seeing something you have no physical experience of - that is unexplainable I guess.

By the way my theory for (at least some of) the experiences of timebending is that you can sometimes create a sort of template for a memory and then later on you fill in actual experiences making it seem like they were already there at the time the 'hole' in your memory was made. I guess it has a similar mechanism confabulating Korsakov patients exhibit: they take something they see right then and there and project it back into their memory making it seem like the experience was preexisting! Do you guys think this could be a valid explanation for timebending experiences?

Keep it up, I love this thread =D

Last edited:
Damn, I wish I'd had some of these experiences you lot have got. :D

The weirdest thing that's happened to me, and it happens quite often actually, is very intense deja vu... like, having had a dream about something and then it happens during a trip. Usually us being in a certain location, or a friend doing something stupid and then I'll jump up and start shouting about how I've seen it all before and then they'll all tell me to shut up and stop thinking I can see the future. =D

I've had several experiences that I can't explain. Most of them involve contact highs with good friends or my wife. On numerous occasions I have been tripping while my friend Emile and/or my wife were sober (or perhaps on marijuana), and they didn't know. They will begin to share the state of mind with me, which could of course be due to human nature, but it affects them enough that they'll stop and comment about how crazy they feel, and we'll have psychedelic conversations. Sometimes they will even begin to describe visuals similar but lesser in intensity to the ones I'm having, such as morphing clouds, crawling carpet, things like that.

One of the craziest stories I have is the time I saw spirits on 2C-I. I was up late at night on 2C-I, which I feel is very prone to contact highs and other psychic anomalies. I was upstairs in my old apartment, when I noticed that in my peripheral vision (basically everywhere not in my direct line of sight) I could "see" shapes moving around... it was sort of like how you can see shimmering begin heat. It wasn't quite like that though, but I could see the shapes because of a shimmering or thickness in the air. It was very clear to me. Anyway, I came to notice two people in the room with me. It was completely non-threatening. One was a little boy, I estimate 7 years old, who was standing to the right of me. He seemed curious and friendly, but shy. The other was a middle-aged man standing in the doorway observing the two of us. He was kind of stern, not smiling, but definitely didn't mean any malice or anything. I got the feeling he was the boy's father. Throughout the night, the little boy would slowly approach me... I think he wanted to watch what I was doing on the computer or something. Whenever I turned to look at him, he'd spring back away from me, as if he didn't want to be seen.

The next morning, my wife and I were hanging out downstairs, talking. Out of the blue she asked me if I had ever noticed any spirits in the apartment. She is an extremely sensitive person (all the women in her family are) and her whole life she has been having experiences with spirits and energy detection. She will often just know things, and finish my sentences, and primarily she can feel spiritual activity and intention. I said yes, but I wanted her to tell me what she'd detected. She proceeded to describe to me exactly the two spirits I met the night before, down to the description of the boy as 7 years old, shy and curious, and the man as a stern middle-aged overseer, probably his father. With wide eyes I told her that just the night before I had encountered the exact same thing. I called out to the little boy, "Hey little boy, don't worry, if you want to come out, we'd like to hang out with you". Within a couple of seconds, we then heard and felt a *bump* on the floor, just a few feet away from us, that sounded just like someone jumping to that spot or perhaps sitting down hard. We felt the vibration through the floor from the spot, and the floor was concrete underneath the carpet, and we were on the bottom floor with no one living next door on either side, or above.

I have some others but I'm tired of typing for now. %)

Im really loving this thread=D. I haven't got any stories like this but have experienced moments of extreme deja vu and the feeling of knowing someone from somewhere else. Egor, that trip report, just wow8o, I dont know what else to say. And definetly dont take yours down Dragynfyr, I also really enjoyed the way you wrote yours, and thinking about something on such a large scale, like weather and being able to control it just blows my mind. Im still trying to wrap my head around the whole "headstand" in the other room idea from El Guapo as that's more of an energy as he explained it and not really something you can know that you saw, still interesting nonetheless.

Also, I'd like to say that when I read things like this and have seen friends of mine have similar experiences, it really makes me question my beliefs. The fact that I'm an atheist and have no belief in god, but believe in all things science just doesn't work for trying to figure things like this out.

Keep em' coming everybody, doesn't matter if you think you're crazy, just post it.

Just read yours Xorkoth, and I find it really interesting that even the morning after, that wierd things were still happening, so that the drug was of no influence then.

Last edited:
I don't believe psychedelics are necessary for experiences like this to occur but possibly they do allow one to be more open to such occurrences. I'm pretty sure that other systems which reduce ego & allow greater mental openess can be equally or possibly more effective in acheiving this state.
Agree completely - the most 'impossible experiences' I've ever had have been sober - and I've had some pretty 'impossible' ones on psych's! ;)

This isn't too spectacular compared to the others. But once when I was on 5-6 strong hits of lsd, I was at a friends house meditating in their tree house when a cat randomly came up to me, inside the treehouse, to have a chat. I'm always up for conversation with random kitties, and so I sat and chatted with the cat for a bit; it was pretty dark in the tree house so I couldn't see the cat very well. I then kept meditating and the cat chilled with me while I did that -- and then when I was finished, the cat followed me back to my friends back patio -- he was sitting outside looking at the stars and smoking a bowl. When my friend saw the cat, he couldn't believe his eyes, because it was his cat that had gone missing months ago and they had presumed she was dead.

It was pretty cool. :)

A little backround..
I havent had any kind of psychedelic experience in 2 years, I havent drank alchol in over a year and a half.
I know this cannot compare to the weather guy and the headstand but I just feel I need to share this.
About a week ago I am on my way to ... and as I get my ride I get a strange feeling as something is about to happen. Cannot explain as to what but feels strange, an aura of tunnel vision as faces and the street became unusually bright. Then all of a sudden everything freezes for a split microsecond but extendably noticable and I see a man crossing the street and everything at that moment relapses to a past and future that is happening at this moment with a bright flash. The man crosses the street as I pass him by and I get left with shivers and goosebumbs all over in a mild state of fear with joy. It took a few more seconds to realize that I know this man from the past but NEVER met him or SEEN him before. I begin to replay the moment in my head over and over realizing that the current place and time that I am in already happend before the moment became a moment within itself.
To this day I am partly in a state of confusion and trying to see a glimpse of such reality by being more open and observant to my surroundings. Nothing yet...

dragynfyr, awesome! I too have done some rain dancing in the past with limited success.

One time, on mushrooms, I looked down at my body and found it to be translucent. I covered my eyes with my hand and was able to see clearly the room around me, though my memory of it might be the real answer to seeing it.

Now some of your stories I think can still be explained by mind-warping effects and don't fall outside the domain of science. Like a group of animals, I too have seen a large number of copies of things and animals being completely blown away then later discovering that it was just a few of them. I don't know if there were any sober people to corroborate you saw all those toads? But you have to take into account how you can be transported away from reality and into a fantasy, sometimes they overlap.
I can't explain though why people should have collective hallucinations...

Myself and one other friend had taken 30g of torch, and the other freind with us had only taken 15gs, but we were all equally spooked by whatever had surrounded us haha Our minds could have increased their numbers, but there were definitely a whole ton of them around for our minds to work with in the first place, we had a pretty sizeable campsite cut out haha I wish I knew where all the buggers came from, I've got cassette recordings of when it happened, they are HILLARIOUS!

"Dude I hope its not rats"
"I think they're little creatures..."
"I just saw one! THEIR FROOOOGGGSSS!!!!"
*cue child like laughter*

lol

On that note of shared hallucinations, once on *shudder* drammamine...ugh... ya, once on that crap my friend and I both were looking at his fish tank. I then hallucinated a big hornet/wasp kinda of thing, inside the tank traped inside in the air above the water and under the lid, it was like stinging at the glass. I saw josh looking at the same place, and said 'do you see that??' and he said ya, and he put his finger to the glass where it was, I said 'bee?' or something like that and he said yah lol That flipped us out, never really had a shared hallucination like that before we still talk about that one haha.. I mean I've seen the moon shooting out rainbow colored lights along with my girl friend, and friends have seen eachothers third eyes actually projecting cones of redlight, but that's a completely different level.

And THANK YOU so much to everyone! =)

I'm loving this thread<3

Just read yours Xorkoth, and I find it really interesting that even the morning after, that wierd things were still happening, so that the drug was of no influence then.

Yeah, the drug helped me to detect them in the first place, but I don't think they were there because of it. My wife pretty much detects spirits everywhere. She doesn't see them, it's more like she just knows they're there and can feel their intentionality/feeling towards her.

so, I'm going to do what Dragynfyr did and put myself out there.

my best friend (whom we will call P)'s girlfriend (D) was house-sitting a barn in the middle of nowhere in WI. she wasn't supposed to have people over, but couldn't resist - she was on a barn and with lots of private land, and clearly saw the potential for mayhem. :]

so in hopes of avoiding typing an entire trip report, since the whole experience was epic, I'll stick to the supernatural stuff. we all took a decent amount of LSD, and it was her first time tripping. me and P are both pretty experienced travellers. D thought her dose wasn't kicking in, so she proceeded to take a full dose of 2c-b! shortly, both her full dose of LSD and her full dose of 2c-b kicked in on this first-time tripper!

anywho, seperate from the main house there was a small room with a television, a couch, and a CD playing. since we didn't like the energy in the house very much, we designated it the tripper hut.

while coming up, P and D started to get curious and giggly in the tripper hurt. as I watched from the couch, they began opening doors in the tripper hut. they open the first one... no response. they try opening the second, but it won't budge, so they push some more. it opens, and they both JUMP, turn white with fear, close the door and RUN from the tripper hut out into the field!

I am sitting there confused and a little irritated... "do you realize how much acid I'm on? how are you going to run off like that without telling me why?" I catch up with them, and demand to know why they did that. the only response I got was some mumbles about "this really creepy chair... bad vibes..."

an hour or so later, we have distracted ourselves and both P and myself have decided to take our 2c-b. as we're coming up, all snuggling on the couch in the tripper hut, P says...

"you know what, I'm just going to say it. I think someone died in that chair."

I immediately agreed... the energy coming from that room was palpable, and P has had a long history, much like it sounds like Xorkoth's wife has, of being sensitive to spirits.

this wasn't an impossible experience, but it certainly has been a formative one in my views on ghosts. I may have been on lots of psychedelics, but I know one thing for sure... the way both D and P JUMPED and ran away scared just from opening the door to a room that was empty except for a chair was not just the drugs. maybe it was whatever or whomever was occupying that room telling them they weren't welcome.

I've done a lot of thinking since that experience, and a lot of discussions with people about their experiences with ghosts or spirits or whatever. the common theme seems to be that when you walk into a room with a hostile spirit like that, the vibe is "this is MY room. MY chair." this is -exactly- how that room in the tripper hut felt.

now I don't pretend to know for sure whether ghosts or spirits roam the earth, but certainly this experience, and especially the conversations I've had with people afterwards, have really made me wonder...

P.S. it may be interesting to note that later in her experience, closer to the comedown, D went to the bathroom, only to run out. not only was her own reflection messing with her head (typical for psychedelic experiences), but she felt there was something chasing her. now that's a new one. we had to run after her and calm her down, she truly felt there was something following her out of the bathroom. aside from that one incident, she wasn't acting delusional at all the whole night, just consistently tripped out and giggly. makes me wonder....

I hear people's thoughts on mushrooms
and I made it rain once during a really hot day while high on mushrooms
via my trip report in my journal
any natural hallucinagen , salvia, mushrooms, ayahuascha,
will give anyone seeking an electromagnetic connection one

all living things possess electromagnetic energy, where as something like... a chair, does not.

I don't mean to be overly argumentative, I'm just curious: why are psychedelics needed if everyone has it?

all living things possess electromagnetic energy, where as something like... a chair, does not.

Not to get off topic, but since electromagnetic energy functions on atomic/subatomic level, a chair, or any other "inanimate" object, does indeed have that current coursing through it... (physicists correct me if I'm wrong)

When you get right down to it, everything is energy ;)

I have had some impossible experiences on DMT.... oh wait, that's every experience on DMT.