View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Impossible experiences

Solipsis

Bluelight Crew
Has anyone had any experiences with psychedelics or that are shamanism-related that are unexplainable? I think synchronicity is on the edge since it derives from coincedences whereas every absence of coincedence is not noted - though sometimes people insist that there can seem to occur way to many to be normal.

Things I'm rather talking about here is instances of telepathy and proper verification of this (was there not a study about mushrooms and telepathy that had some anomalous results?), or people producing foreign languages they don't know or having visions of foreign words that later turn out to mean something.
Or perhaps things that could be so archaic like spiritual themes from other cultures that one might conjecture that those cultures derived the same themes from the same untouchable source.

Stories I'd just as well like to hear are visions of elaborate naturalistic mechanisms that are so amazing that it's hard to believe they stem from mere fantasy. I read about ayahuasca producing full-fledged visions in biologists solving intricate DNA problems they had in their research, while the visions seemed to give genuine insights I'm not 100% sure about the verification afterwards - indeed I find it wild that in multiple fields of research LSD or DMT sparked real inventions, but I have trouble figuring out if that can happen from advanced visualisations of fantasy based on previous knowledge or that knowledge from some collective consciousness is bestowed upon these people. Is it possible to take with you knowledge from forms of consciousness that modern science has no justification for?

Right now I'm in a schism between sceptics, who I first thought were just closed-minded and ignorant of apparent manifestations of expanded consciousness but I have come to respect the general sceptic view in that they are actually open to new ideas but they suggest things like chemicals in the brain for certain experiences and probably temporary lobe seizure-like activity for transcendent experiences. As hard as I am struck by past ++++ experiences I still have to say it's probably wise not to believe in "spiritual theories" when there are explanations that are more scientifically valid. That is why I am asking the question if someone can suggest to me a phenomenon science has no known valid explanation for - and try to impose a little healthy scepticism if you please.

On another note I will consider experiences that are far out there ontopic, as well, if they are wild although explainable by the state you were in - like when I used acid with nitrous I saw and heard everything happen in reverse for a couple of minutes, while I was still able to move around and move my perspective freely!
Another time I saw every single object in my field of vision swell up like they were manicly pumped up and the balloon I was holding not only melted visually but in every other way as well, really some icky stuff seemed to be flowing through my fingers.

Heh hopefully this thread will make for an interesting read, or it might debunk a lot of supernatural ideas that are bound to roam around! :D

Last edited:
yes! I'm rushed right now, but will think about this later and get back to you...

I have experienced objects moving and not moving at the same time! (a clear inconsistency) and I have experienced time looping, where reality resets itself every few seconds and the exact same thing happens again (arguably naturally impossible due to our laws of physics).

I think I may have started a thread a little ways back on this (search my thread history in profile if you're curious).

I'll have more to say about this! Its one of my most interested subjects with psychedelics!!! :D

Yes totally - this didn't happen to me, but to my best friend (I was with him at the time). The substance was Dextromethorphan (cold flame of black light).

As we entered the peak, he began to vomit and shit at the same time. It didn't bother him, rather it was cathartic and felt like a purge of negativity. While this was happening, he warped back in time to a suburban bathroom in California several years ago and experienced first hand, in perfect lucid detail, an instance of sexual abuse that had occurred to his girlfriend in the past.

He had no idea that this had happened to her. When he called his girlfriend the next day and described what had happened, she was shocked and verified that this was true. They were both stunned at the high level of detail that he was able to absorb - apparently he had experienced exactly what happened.

Again, before DXM, he didn't even know that this had taken place.

Definitely the most shamanic, reality-bending experience I've been exposed to.

Last edited:
One time on acid I was lying on the floor thinking about all the crazy thoughts I'd had while I was in the bathroom earlier copping a urination.
Then 10 minutes later I was actually in the bathroom copping said urination having said crazy thoughts, each one entering my head with the unmistakable pop of deja-vu. It freakedmethefuckout when I flashed back (or forward?) to my memory of lying on the floor thinking about this instance as though it'd already happened. Time kept running in reverse or sometimes skipping like a scratched CD as the peak wore down.

Another time my friend and I were peaking together on acid (my first time) and we had a long conversation that consisted of us finishing each others' sentences in a rapid back-and-forth action, to the extent that it was more like a monologue-type of running commentary on all the other weird shit that was happening around and within us. This is probably the most clear instance in which I have experienced something that could be called telepathy, especially since someone else who was there can corroborate it.

I have no way of explaining either of these things so I just take them for what they appeared to me as at the time.

There's a neat book on these kinds of experiences called "When the Impossible Happens" by Stan Grof. As it tends to be with his books, the writing could be better but the ideas he's getting at are wildly mind-bending.

^ Funny, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. Great report btw. :)

I've experienced various strangenesses on psychedelics, including what appeared to be telepathic contact.

I don't believe psychedelics are necessary for experiences like this to occur but possibly they do allow one to be more open to such occurrences. I'm pretty sure that other systems which reduce ego & allow greater mental openess can be equally or possibly more effective in acheiving this state.

Kind of interesting subject in which one is dancing on the edge of credibilty by even talking/typing about some of the type of experiences that can occur. :)

But I'm all ears to hear more from others.

^Intense, to say the least. Just reading that was one hell of a trip in itself.

Both lynx are working fine for me- so that doesn't really help does it ? ;)

One time myself, my GF and another friend each ate about 35 g of powdered Peruvian Torch. We spent the first few hours together in the same room mainly just enjoying the come up and trip rapping.

The other friend is really into meditation and he said that he was going to leave the room for a while and meditate alone. My GF and I sat together for a while, just listening to music when all of a sudden we both felt really strange. We both looked at each other and basically said that it felt like the world just flipped. It was a very strange sensation, like an inversion of energy.

About 2 minutes later the other friend returned back into the room and immediately said, "did you guys feel that?" And we were like, "Uhhhhhhhh, Yeah?!" He said, "I just did a headstand."

Needless to say we were pretty much dumbfounded and this incident is still one of the craziest things to happen to me during a trip.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, another one...

I was at Bonnaroo in 2005. I had eaten like 5-6 grams of good mushrooms. I was lying on the ground, feeling like my body was fusing with the earth and listening to Mouse On Mars.

I stood up to stretch and look around because I had been stuck there for about an hour. I was standing for a minute when some random dude came over and started talking to me. He had a thick Australian accent and we shot the shit for a minute about what bands we wanted to see.

I was going to ask him a question about Australia, but I asked him "Where are you from?", to make sure he wasn't from New Zealand. He replied, clear as day, in a completely east coast accent, "I'm from NEW YORKKKKK."

I was speechless and totally weirded out, so I kinda just slunk off to find my GF. I'm sure he knew immediately that I was fucked out of my gourd on something.

About my fifth time dropping acid, I sat on a trampoline with my friend Mark. We were really connecting, both on three strong tabs and just marvelling at the universe together. It was beautiful out and after a while we both fell silent and listened to the sounds of nature. Mark then turned to me out of the blue and said, "what if some guy just randomly came out of nowhere and stuck you right in the forehead with chapstick? Wham!"
I laughed and added, "yeah, like if you're waiting for a train at a trainstation and all of a sudden some crazy kid leaps out of the bushes and plants an anti-chapping smear on your forehead."

And four months later it happened. I was with a few of my boys rolling face by McDonalds in town. Some kid named Chris--I had picked up the rolls with him but right after he went to go to a party--jumped out from behind me and broke a large chunk of chapstick on my head, laughing maniacally because he is also insane. And just before he struck, I was watching a train pull out of the station just 100 yards away.

I am not sure if this qualifies, I have never really experienced intense synchronicity, just significance. But it came when combining N2O with LSD and of course weed while watching the Yellow Submarine climax. For those of you who know how LSD and N2O go together you know that that feeling is all that anyone in the world wants. It is the orgasm of desire itself. Everything within the collective psyche compressed to a few minutes is beautiful. The profundity is so overpowering, only hilarity can withstand the storm that expunges other emotions. Truly magical.

Large numbers of animals have been attracted to my friends and I while peaking on mescaline out in the woods. The first time we all tripped together, right as we were peaking at the 4th hour, an absolutly impossible number of toads came out of no where and surrounded our entire camp site. It scared the SHIT out of us as it was night time and they stayed hidden in the long grass so we just heard and saw lots of movement lol we didn't know if it was really happening, then we thought it was rats, then someone finally saw one jump across a path in their flash light beam. I wanna say there were 200 of them, we were absolutly surrounded by a thick field of them. I walked out into a grassy area and turned my light off and I could hear them comming almost right up to my feet, they were so curious.. never seen toads there before or after that night. (I've seen ONE in an area about 2-300 yards from there)

Another time with my girl friend at our peak a large number of huge dragon flys showed up at our camp site. We went there nearly every weekend and hardly ever saw any dragonflys, now there were a good 15 of them and they were once again curious, hehe they kept flying down and looking my girl right in her face, the rest of the time they would be hovering up above us about 20 feet in the air.. I can't remember how long they hung around for..
(Another weird thing happened that day with a perverted Buck deer who snuck up on the two of us while we were being.. intimate haha.. he got pretty close and when we turned and saw him he bucked back on his hind legs, then took off running lol it was crazy)

Another weird thing I noticed, and my friend watching noticed, happened on our first trip, the frog night. At first I wasn't trying to make it happen, I was just focusing on the fire while we were smoking a bowl, and as I held my hits in the fire would grow larger and larger and make that rushing kinda wind noise, and when I blew them out it would stop and the flame height would go back down. After I noticed it, I tried to focus on it more and see if it really was happening. After a few times my friend sitting next to me said something about it, he saw what I was doing.

And the all time craziest most impossible shit that ever happened and I almost don't even wanna type since most people will think I'm a drugged up liar... lol but, again, on mescaline, this time while camping out in Alligheny. (Only 20 grams of peruvian torch, my lowest dose yet). It was the end of the night and everyone had gone to bed in the cabins, less my girl friend and I. A storm had seemed like it was in the distance for the last few hours, but was just haning there. All kinds of chairs and gear were still out so we decided to put them all away before going to bed so nothing would get wet.... then the sounds in the distance went away and it seemed like it wasn't going to rain. I was like fuck that we just moved all this shit! lol I started kinda walkin around the fire focusing on the storm, and got to kinda hopping around it a bit more and more. I wanted to bring the rain to us. (I'd been reading an anthropology book for school about a particular native american medecine man and the author and others had witnessed weather bringing rituals.. I felt tapped in and thought hey why not give it a shot). It did not take long at all for this spur of the moment rain dance to start to work. You could hear the storm getting closer, I'm talking within under 5 minutes it was starting to sprinkle, and that just encuraged me to dance a little harder and get 'that connected head feeling' even more. And the rain started to fall harder and eventually thunder and lighting got on our asses. haha this scared me a bit and I didn't wanna get soaked so I bailed on the dance and got up under the porch with my girl... and the storm receeded, thunder and lightning stopped, and it leveled out to a steady drizzle in no time. It was weird as hell, like we both noticed it, the timeing was crazy, and it felt SO good physically, like the energy and this feeling of connectedness with the storm, it built up with the intenisty of the weather. We sat on the porch and sipped some beer looking out at the fire that was still going nicely, it was a gigantic pit... and I got to thinkin.... did that REALLY just work??.. I'd be stupid to not test this further.. We were sitting up on a wooden porch, and I started to tap my foot on the boards, four beats, first one hard and the following lighter and lighter than the one before it, over and over again. lol it sounds corney but I dunno, it's just what felt right or something.. That was one of the things the medicine man mentioned in the book, about how every new medicine man has to create his own methods and rituals to accomplish certain feats, and it would just come to them. Once again the storm started to build, fuckin quickly it started to grow in intensity. You bet your ass I had my girls attention at this point haha, she knew exactly what I was doing, thunder was starting to crack in all directions around us, and very close, after hardly any time at all too, I felt like I was still 'connected' to it a bit so it was easy to tap back into it or somthing, really weird feeling. I was still looking out at the fire pit, I had the idea I wanted to get lightning to strike right in the middle of the pit, I was trying to channel all the energy of the storm right into the columb of air above the fire and down into it. I thought it could actually work! I tapped my foot harder and harder, I think I had been going at it for maybe 2-3 minutes, and it had gone from a light rain to a raging storm with thunder and lightning and blowing wind and it was steadily getting worse, like really intense. My girl friend was getting VERY freaked out by it and she asked me to stop a few times but I kept going, I wanted to see my lightning bolt hit the fire. I could feel this intense energy inside of me growing with the storm, it was such a crazy feeling of power. It felt so WEIRD, but so like natural too, it's was like I KNEW I was controlling it at that point, the way it felt and just the timing of it all, lol I was so happy my girl friend was actually there to see it because I wouldn't be able to talk myself out of believing it happened later haha- Unfortunately my girlfriend was now up on her feet and pacing, really uncomfortable with what she was seeing. It was such an intense moment, I could feel all that energy flowing through me up through my feet from the earth and up into the storm, I could start to feel my girl friends stress building, all around this storm is booming and theres the thought that a bolt of lightning really could strike right there in the fire pit. (Though in retrospect that probably wasn't the safest Idea LOL I was running with it though)- Then she screamed STOP IT! and ran inside the cabin- I stopped and went after her- and the thunder stopped just like THAT. And the storm rolled away again, just like that, the blowing wind calmed and it powered down rather quickly and went back to a drizzle. It took me a long time to fall asleep that night but that was the last I heard of the thunder, though it kept raining lightly for hours. The winds didn't even pick up again much, they were WHIPPIN during the peak times.
So there you have it, my most impossible drug encouraged moment ever, believe it or not, there it is.

lol Reading this thing again people are gonna think I'm so fuckin nuts I almost wanna take it down haha SOMEONES gotta have a weather control moment out there too right?

Last edited:
once i checked my email mentally on 160mg of ketamine.

three people watched me do it, my gf at the time asked where are you, and i said "online"

hey Dragynfyr, don't erase that post. I really love the way you wrote it, I could actually imagine how that felt (almost) to have that happen to you.