• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I'm uncertain if psychedelics would improve my life or not. Advice?

Mushroosm generally last 4-5 hours for me, not too long, though the aftereffects tend to include not being sleepy. Not the same as stimulation, just lack of need to sleep (and often lack of desire to sleep).

Mushrooms were my first psychedelic and they were perfect. I go back and forth on recommending them for a first experience because they can get hectic, but dose right (ie, not a whole eighth) and they don't tend to get overwhelming.

[LispySouthernPreacher]Bring Zesus into your circle of light and bad trips will be cast away like stones. Ye![/LispySouthernPreacher]

So is it standard to get an eighth when acquiring mushrooms? Would a scale be necessary or is it safe to guesstimate? I wonder if ingesting half an eighth is decent for a first time?

My first time was a half eighth and it was perfect, one of the greatest experiences I've ever had. They were very good mushrooms though. Mushrooms vary in potency by strain and environmental/cultivation factors. I'd start with less than an eighth, 2-2.5 grams. I actually eyeballed half my weighed eighth, so it could have been more than a half eighth, but I tried to split it evenly.

Sadly no, at least not without very sophisticated equipment and knowledge. If you get them from someone you trust who has experience with the batch, that could give you a good indication. Otherwise, 2-2.5 grams is very unlikely to be too strong.

You can take 3.33 grams and have a heavy trip or take 10 grams and have a subtle one, depending on the amount of psilocybin (plus psilocin) in the mushrooms and your reaction to psilocybin.

What kind are you going to get shimmer? Are you picking them yourself or is someone growing them? Usually cubensis if they're home grown.
I don't know if I feel safe discussing here exactly how I am gonna acquire them haha but let's just say I've never done anything like this before, I wouldn't know how to even go about forming connections and such.

They are on the more potent side of hallucinogenic mushrooms. But they have a very wide range of psilocybin/psilocin content. 4 grams could be a weak trip and 2.4 grams could be a heavy trip, depending on the mushroom and individual.

I don't know if I feel safe discussing here exactly how I am gonna acquire them haha but let's just say I've never done anything like this before, I wouldn't know how to even go about forming connections and such.

Must admit I've rarely come across people selling shrooms shimmer so I presume they will be picked at some time unless you know a charming home grower. Not sure if you can pick cubensis in New York or not - usually in the UK it's liberty caps which are a bit more potent than the cubies.

They are really easy to grow tho - brown rice flour, vermiculite and water and you're away.

They are on the more potent side of hallucinogenic mushrooms.

Compared to what? I thought they were the bog standard variety - certainly nowhere near as potent as liberty caps which are the commonly picked species.

4 grams could be a weak trip and 2.4 grams could be a heavy trip

I've never found cubies twice as potent as other cubies - and I've tried pretty much every type there is. I think you're making it up as you go along pmose.

^Yeah, there is variance but I didn't think it was that extreme...

Compared to what? I thought they were the bog standard variety - certainly nowhere near as potent as liberty caps which are the commonly picked species.

I've never found cubies twice as potent as other cubies - and I've tried pretty much every type there is. I think you're making it up as you go along pmose.
That is not just a difference between the mushrooms but also between persons who could be taking them.

You can get more or less potency with semilanceata, but on average they appear to be about the same as cubensis

(shroomery.org)
"If their potent and totally dry yeah, i tripped balls off of 1.2 my first time and i had tolerance too i think from some 4-AcO-DMT i did some days before"

Last edited:
Check out the pf-tek shimmer. To get a "grow chamber" all you do is get one plastic box, put in an inch or two of water, put an aquarium heater in that, then put the second plastic box inside it. Voila! Your very own terranium.

The key here is where they came from. I've had cubes that gave me a mild-ish (my very first) trip at 2.75g, and I've also had cubes that gave me an intense trip at just 1 gram. The difference? The milder trip was on dried picked wild shrooms, while the intense trip was off of grown-shrooms that were "fertilized" with dmt----this is because mushrooms can convert dmt into psilocin and psilocybin.

However, you're unlikely to get shrooms that potent unless they're specifically advertised as such--no reason to give away free product, since the dealer could reasonably charge more for it.

Last edited:
I will not advise for it or against it, it's your decision. If you take them, I'll say that I bet in some way they probably will help you in some way, just don't start using them too frequently and don't use them if your worried about being one of the people who should stay away. Also, you should not use psychedelics if you are currently suffering from a depressed mood. Taking psychedelics while currently depressed could amplify your mood