• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe I'm terrified of taking Subox for maintenance. Please tell me what it's really like.

Im hearing alot of negatives but it beats methadone and it beats dope. Ive taken it every other day for 2 years until about 3 weeks ago and havent once experienced withdrawals, im not sure if Im just a freak of nature or what but everybody’s different, dont let others bad experiences stop you. Suboxone saves lives and its nearly impossible to OD on it. If you decide against it, low dose loperamide (15-20mg), kratom and lowdose dxm (60-90mg) is very affective for maintenance, I also usually take those 3 with selank, chinese corydalis extract and cats claw extract for maximum benefits. Voacanga Africana is something you may be interested in as a subxoxone alternative, it works on KOR receptors and contains a chemical similar to ibogaine! Never tried it myself but Id most certainly add that to my maintenance stack if it werent
so pricey.
This is cool, I haven't looked it up yet but if this Voacanga is similar to ibogaine then it must have some kind of anti depressant property? Idk I have heard of ppl using low dose ibogaine for that but yeah I think I need to just get a 1st class trip of ibogaine and probably have a hellier experience compared to any other psychedelic because I would be using it to REALLY annihilate my opiate addiction. But yeah I love hearing about new things that are out there, pretty damn neat.

This is cool, I haven't looked it up yet but if this Voacanga is similar to ibogaine then it must have some kind of anti depressant property? Idk I have heard of ppl using low dose ibogaine for that but yeah I think I need to just get a 1st class trip of ibogaine and probably have a hellier experience compared to any other psychedelic because I would be using it to REALLY annihilate my opiate addiction. But yeah I love hearing about new things that are out there, pretty damn neat.
hell yea man, love to see more people open to alternative treatment! subs can be one mean mistress, and if taken for a long period of time, the withdrawals will kick your ass when you eventually quit, it doesnt really cure addiction, it just pauses it as I like to say, while ibogaine can allegedly cure you in one trip (obviously everyone is different, I have read numerous glowing reports about it). Unfortunately ibogaine is scheduled in the US of A, but voacanga africana is not! The bark is used as a stimulant and the seeds as a hallucinogen! Very intriguing! Also, it most definitely does have antidepressant activity, not dissimilar to the antidepressant effects of ketamine.

Last edited:
Our city is now overrun with tranq junkies slumped over in wheel chairs missing a limb and sporting gaping rotten holes full of maggot down to the bone s on another limb. And they're not even getting an enjoyable euphoria for that trade off. It's absolutely UNFATHOMABLE to me and anyone who can get on anything like subs or methadone should do so now because the tranq will be replacing your local fatty supply, you can count on it.

So as someone else said less is usually more with suboxone. 4mg sublingual is perfect for most people. Doctors do overprescribe and I too believe that that is due to them wanting better blocking of opiates.

I’ll be honest. I didn’t need to dose more than once a day. I do not suggest the shots. They have their benefits BUT with the films you can decide your dose. It gives you more control over your treatment. While I do suggest considering a good doctors advice, most doctors just take a short certification class to prescribe this and it’s information is all wrong as far as dosing goes.

So maybe I’m the beginning you may need 4mg twice a day but I really do not think you will. I’d say just dose when you absolutely have to and use the least amount that you need. If you feel like you can’t function due to physical withdrawal go ahead and dose a small amount. Or if you feel too intense cravings go ahead and dose a small amount, however I really don’t think anyone needs to go above two times a day.

I dosed at once a day and I was an iv user. In the beginning I dosed twice a day though.

I think three months is fine just as long as you have a firm plan to come off after that. For one you don’t want to ruin your opiate tolerance more than you already have. I regret being on suboxone for 5 years but i listened to the bullshit the doctors were spewing.

As far as subs ruining your teeth, just take care of your teeth is all. Personally, I was on it for 5 years and my teeth are fine. Now people that aren’t brushing their teeth regularly may encounter issues but I mean that’s the same if you drink acidic drinks regularly over years and don’t brush your teeth.

I really don’t get how it’s ruining ppl teeth when it goes under your tongue and I didn’t ever let it really touch my teeth. Like I wasn’t swishing it around in my mouth. It’s not necessary to do that. Also, unless you are sensitive to naloxone, I wouldn’t worry of it has it or not. Pretty much the same exact effect. Not only that but some believe low dose naloxone is good to take with opioids to keep tolerance down. But idk how true that is. I’m just saying don’t worry about it.

I usually don’t recommend ppl go on suboxone but I’m your case it very well may be life changing.

I’ve been on methadone as well before and if I had to pick between the two I would choose suboxone all day every day. Methadone clinics suck so bad. Daily in person dosing and also methadone only outshines suboxone pain wise. Suboxone very well can hold the majority of people and even IV users such as myself. It’s just a better drug in every aspect except pain than methadone. And I believe methadone withdrawals are worse. It’s a full agonist…but better pain treatment doesn’t always mean better mental improvement/mood lift.

Suboxone is just more functional in every way unless you have extreme pain issues.

Also, in case you are wondering, I’m not suggesting this but I jumped off of suboxone at 4mg and I had no withdrawals. Now people are going to say I’m lying but I’m not. And I wasn’t taking anything else at the time. I’m not saying to do that at all. What I am saying is don’t fear the withdrawal of subs. You can always take more if you need to when your ready to come off.

It has a longer half life than most and usually that means the withdrawal is longer but weaker than fast acting opioids. That’s my experience anyway. And I do believe some ppl get sick from withdrawing from subs but they likely didn’t taper. I’m an outlier so don’t use me as an example. Taper…

However, placebo is a very very powerful thing. So are psychosomatic illnesses. Basically if you just read horror atories of withdrawal from buprenorphine then they are likely going to be very bad. The mind is very powerful. Now there is a biological standpoint that does support getting sick from bios withdrawal but I just think much of the horror stories are all psychosomatic IF they tapered.

So take that with a grain of salt, but I just wanted to share that my withdrawal from subs was nothing…
ULD Naltrexone keeps tolerance low not naloxone. Not sure why they put naloxone in suboxone but Subutex doesnt have it making some people think they can stil get high but they cant its buprenorphine itselft that blocks for ages. I wish i could have went methadone back in 2005 and I would have had more success but the stigma around methadone creeped into my familys heads. But i also had little withdrawal after tapering suboxone.

ULD Naltrexone keeps tolerance low not naloxone. Not sure why they put naloxone in suboxone but Subutex doesnt have it making some people think they can stil get high but they cant its buprenorphine itselft that blocks for ages. I wish i could have went methadone back in 2005 and I would have had more success but the stigma around methadone creeped into my familys heads. But i also had little withdrawal after tapering suboxone.
Yeah not sure what inlnwas thinking back then. I knew that lol and dunno why i interchanged them.

But yeah I go on brixadi Saturday. My time got moved because the shot is a pain in the ass to get the first time thru insurance. So it’s strait bupe.

Yeah nalaxone doesn’t do much sublingually but I think there’s mixed feelings about if you swallow. Personally I spit it out but idk.

I used to be in subutex but my dr fired me haha. I left for a few weeks and his patient list was full before they raised the limit. No other fr I have found will write it.

I’m interested In brixadi but can’t find anyone even on Reddit that takes it. But only been out since may so idk

Yeah not sure what inlnwas thinking back then. I knew that lol and dunno why i interchanged them.

But yeah I go on brixadi Saturday. My time got moved because the shot is a pain in the ass to get the first time thru insurance. So it’s strait bupe.

Yeah nalaxone doesn’t do much sublingually but I think there’s mixed feelings about if you swallow. Personally I spit it out but idk.

I used to be in subutex but my dr fired me haha. I left for a few weeks and his patient list was full before they raised the limit. No other fr I have found will write it.

I’m interested In brixadi but can’t find anyone even on Reddit that takes it. But only been out since may so id

I got you. Good luck with the Brixadi my brother did the sublocade shot for a while and didnt have issues but he is on suboxone now. Im on methadone now got up to 120 mg and now down to 80mg. I dont get any of the euphoria or energy that i got from Oxycodone or smack but its better than nothing. Ideally i would get 180 percocet 10/325 a month and I could be a much better worker and father to my kids but doctors wont prescribe it and the streets are too damn expensive nowadays even without the fent worries. Im 37 years old and work at a sand mine and also farm so when the doctor says just suck it up or stay off your foot til it heals im like thats not possible so methadone is my best optjon for now. I kinda want to go to taper all the way down and see if a pain clinic will take me. I dont smoke weed anymore and dont drink so I would be an ideal patient but they are just so scared to prescribe things its weird. Like doc i used to do smack and drink and would take 100’s of mgs a day a few perc 10’s aint gonna break me.

I remember buying (9) 2mg subs from a buddy of mine when I was younger and opioid naive. I had the weirdest reaction. So I take half of the film, and in about half an hour, I started vomiting "yet not feeling bad" and couldn't get out of nod land for like (4) hours. In like (8) hours, I take all the subs and throw them in the trash cuz I got so scared.