• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I'm so mad and quitting dope

Ridethecircuswheel

Bluelighter
I had a little bit of money left so I decided to buy a bag of dope. I've been buying for the past few days.

I come home and I get everything ready and for the past hour and a half I've sat here poking myself probably over 30 times trying to hit a vein. I had a rag to wipe all of the blood away i would register the needle in and nothing. Every time. nothing. Just air. I have veins in my arm, hand, ankle, foot - everytime it would just be air. This happened until I seriously almost started crying because I cant be walking around with a thousand tracks all over my arms but it was to happen anyway. eventually it filled up with red blood and then i pulled back and it was air. so the last 9 times i tried to hit it was extra hard to tell because it was filled with blood. I started with 40 cc of water and by the end I had like 15 cc. I would squirt it all out back into the spoon and get a new spoon maybe this is why. I know i'm a noob and don't know what I'm doing but when I spend an hour and half stabbing my body i realize it's not f'ing worth it.

I really like dope too. IDK. I'm probably gonna get flamed for this because i'm so nooby and can't hit my vein. I'm just so mad i had to rant. Has this happened to anyone else?

Oh what I ended up doing was just pushing it into my arm forming a huge bubble. Huge waste.

Why not go back to snorting it, or however else you used before you were shooting it, assuming you didn't start off by IVing? If you are content with quitting, then quick though.

Don't feel too bad, I stick people for a living but can never hit myself. My veins are the worst... I just smoke now. Not as good but a lot sager than stabbing 30 times.

If you've got good veins, read up on some phlebotomy techniques and you'll get the hang of it.

And when you say you just put it into your arm and got a "huge bubble" that's just a subcutaneous injection. It will still get you high, there's just not much of a rush and it comes on slow. That and skin popping can lead to abscess pretty easily.

There's tons of threads on here on injection technique, what to do what you are having trouble hitting a vein, how to find a vein when the syringe already has blood in it and so on. But some of us just have an extremely hard time injecting, even when you are fairly new to it. It's just that we have much smaller harder to hit veins than others. But seriously, I would recommend if at all possible that you quit before it's too late and you're totally physically dependent. Having impossible to hit veins definitely helps one to quit ;-)

Thanks guys. I was so frustrated last night I was having a child-like temper tantrum. Today I woke up and with my last 10 bucks I decided to buy my last bag and I brought it home and tried hitting the fat vein in the bends of my arm. Both arms had big red bumps from hitting the night before and I could NOT feel the vein. So I tried in my hand and THANKFULLY I hit this magical little vein on my thumb. This vein never lets me down for some reason I get it on my first try every time. This vein is not a vein you would look at and think "ooo thats a good one" at all.

You say you smoke? Do you mean weed or dope?
I'm interested in trying this but I heard a bad side effect is losing your teeth. I love my teeth. Do you "chase the dragon"? and can you do this with powdery dope? I always have light brown powdery dope.

You can't really smoke #4 heroin powder. In the UK and other parts of the world they have heroin base which you can smoke, but in the eastern half of the US, the power dope there burns at too low of a temperature to be efficient for smoking.

I say sniff it, plug it, or quit it.

Put the needle into your skin, pull back the plunger before you're in a vein, push the needle toward the vein you're trying to hit, enjoy.

Doing this will create empty space in the rig and once you're in the vein it will fill with blood. Also go for veins that make a y, if you shoot into the y part of veins it's a lot harder to miss.

Also smoking heroin puts you at risk for a deadly brain disease, whereas other ROA's do not.

How sure are you that smoking off of foil causes alzheimers? Sounds like junky lore to me. If you have a link please share it. (not trying to come off as a dick, I'm legitimately interested).

How sure are you that smoking off of foil causes alzheimers? Sounds like junky lore to me. If you have a link please share it. (not trying to come off as a dick, I'm legitimately interested).
I would love to see sources for this, I' also interested/skeptical.
I'm not sure how often it occurs, but I've heard of it and have a link for you.

Here is a link to a case study about how smoking heroin causes leukoencephalopathy.

I've heard about the Alzheimer myth as well. Plug it? I've never heard of plugging it I've plugged an ecstasy pill before and it was amazing. I could go back to sniffing and probably will. I might taper off by sniffing. I just got 3 bottles each filled with 100 gabapentin (neurontin) in the mail and am going to take those to get off dope. I probably won't get sick, or achy, but I get very depressed so those will help. I'll give it 4 days before my butchered arms start to look better.

You watch those shows like "Intervention" and it seems a popular way to injest heroin especially in younger addicts; I was actually interested in trying to smoke it but I alwways think I"m going to waste it, plus it seems like you need a lot to smoke it...guess I'll stick to the pokey thingie ;)

Hey I used to have this same problem a lot, and what im about to suggest I feel like I've been suggesting a lot lately as there've been a lot of posts regarding missed shots and how to properly inject. So for the longest time the only way I could stay in the vein was to put a theory around my arm real tight and keep it on until I finished the shot. This was an unhealthy way to shoot drugs, and it leaves a lot of bruising, so I found this awesome technique on bluelight, and I stopped using a tourniquet all together. You pierce the skin with the tip of the syringe, and once your in the flesh, you pull back on the plunger, before you even think youre in a vein. This creates a vacuum, so when you do hit the vein, blood rushes up the plunger and you can just use down and inject. Also make sure you're inserting the needle with the beveled edge up, and at a very shallow angle, almost parallel to the vein itself. No more than 15 degrees

It's not Alzheimers I was referring to, I'm not sure about that one, but it is likely that the aluminum foil could contribute to Alzheimers, just like cooking in aluminum pans and using aluminum-based deodorant are suspected to, so I wouldn't just immediately dismiss that as a "junky myth". But what I was talking about is "leukoencephalopathy", which is much scarier IMO and comes on very quickly. Most of the poeple who have gotten it are recreational users in the teens and 20's. It's not something that takes a lot of use or a long time to affect you. Scientists are still not sure exactly what causes it (whether it's the heroin, the cut, the foil, or some combination), but only people who smoke heroin get it. I have known people who died from it and 2 friends who got it and were put into comas, one is severely brain-damaged for life and the other is still in a coma and has been for over a year. So it is no joke and no myth. Look it up, there are tons of papers and articles about it.

Heroin Helper has a page with suggestions about how to reduce your chances of getting it while still being as safe as possible about your heroin use. The website seems to be down at the moment but it was working yesterday, so hopefully it will be back up soon:
http://www.heroinhelper.com/user/health/leukoencephalopathy.shtml

Last edited:
That is simply terrifying. I'm so glad I've never smoked or chased dope. I have smoked my share of tin foil weed pipes though =o but i'll never do that again. I'm going to seriously try quitting dope tommorow being my first day sober because my room mate is coming back after being gone a week and I obviously look like I've been doped up the whole time i'm pale my eyes look horrible OH, and not to mention, my arms look like they're prepped and ready for a nice zombie movie. Seriously. I think of a damn zombie everytime I see my hands they're kind of blue/green and have red marks all over them. I'm at work right now and I hope nobody has seen them because I think it's kind of offensive to expose your/mine disgusting heroin habit to people by letting your marked up arm be so apparent. It's awkward.

Getting sick, sweats/shakes, throwing up and shitting sounds awful but I've never had that and probably won't i've been doing a dime bag a day for over a week I just know I'm going to wake up from the most twisted/bizzare dreams I've ever had (which I've been having since I use every day. The WEIRDEST dreams that are so bad that you can't start a regular day if you have them) and feel psychotic and probably cry a lot because I miss my girlfriend whom I live so far away from since i moved recently. She's also at home doing dope with every bit of money she gets. It's fucked. I have these pills called gabapentin and they take my depression away but when i come down from those i feel like my head is filled with compressed air and it leads to psychosis after awhile and I look like Charles Manson's testimony when I'm on them.

Wish me luck. I know this isn't a recovery forum but oh well. I'll get a check next week on thursday I HOPE I have the willpower not to text my dude right away. I might get some blow but that always makes me want to do dope to calm it down lol. Sigh.

I had a little bit of money left so I decided to buy a bag of dope. I've been buying for the past few days.

I come home and I get everything ready and for the past hour and a half I've sat here poking myself probably over 30 times trying to hit a vein. I had a rag to wipe all of the blood away i would register the needle in and nothing. Every time. nothing. Just air. I have veins in my arm, hand, ankle, foot - everytime it would just be air. This happened until I seriously almost started crying because I cant be walking around with a thousand tracks all over my arms but it was to happen anyway. eventually it filled up with red blood and then i pulled back and it was air. so the last 9 times i tried to hit it was extra hard to tell because it was filled with blood. I started with 40 cc of water and by the end I had like 15 cc. I would squirt it all out back into the spoon and get a new spoon maybe this is why. I know i'm a noob and don't know what I'm doing but when I spend an hour and half stabbing my body i realize it's not f'ing worth it.

I really like dope too. IDK. I'm probably gonna get flamed for this because i'm so nooby and can't hit my vein. I'm just so mad i had to rant. Has this happened to anyone else?

Oh what I ended up doing was just pushing it into my arm forming a huge bubble. Huge waste.

Wow bro.. the way you've been posting about heroin I HIGHLY doubt you are going to quit it. WTF are you doing bro stabbing your self 30 plus times.. that actually IS dangerous. IVing is risky enough but you are multiplying your risk ten fold diving in blind with so much ambition.

Bro, go to the hospital for a blood draw and watch the nurse VERY carefully. Or ask afriend to show you to IV. Only the fattest people on earth should have that much trouble IVing

Also, the fact your arms are actually MESSED UP is very bad. You should not get welts and black and blues from injecting, ever ever ever.

Last edited:
Hey I used to have this same problem a lot, and what im about to suggest I feel like I've been suggesting a lot lately as there've been a lot of posts regarding missed shots and how to properly inject. So for the longest time the only way I could stay in the vein was to put a theory around my arm real tight and keep it on until I finished the shot. This was an unhealthy way to shoot drugs, and it leaves a lot of bruising, so I found this awesome technique on bluelight, and I stopped using a tourniquet all together. You pierce the skin with the tip of the syringe, and once your in the flesh, you pull back on the plunger, before you even think youre in a vein. This creates a vacuum, so when you do hit the vein, blood rushes up the plunger and you can just use down and inject. Also make sure you're inserting the needle with the beveled edge up, and at a very shallow angle, almost parallel to the vein itself. No more than 15 degrees

THIS!!!! @@@RIDETHECIRCUS. IF you are still not doing this after all the times we have suggested it then you are hard headed. Other wise what is the prob?STill not having any luck with the vacuum method?

You're so frustrated with my posts it's almost funny at this point. You need to calm your tits a little "bro"

Last week was my first time shooting so that might explain the "way i've been posting" do you understand the concept of getting on the forum asking for help? I wouldn't have joined this forum if i had known people like you were going to just flame me from the start.

I am quitting and frankly don't care about your ability to doubt me in caps lock. lol.

Good luck doing your thing.

And now, for the picture that will hopefully make anybody think twice about re-using their needles, or poking themselves a bunch of times to get a shot off.

2328527271_5e2fd3f25e.jpg

That's why you end up with bruises and marks after using yourself as a pin cushion trying to hit a vein.