• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I'm so mad and quitting dope

Sorry.
Like you, i live in NYC. the shit is good and cheap so I've been doing it more lately than ever. Back where I used to live you usually had to spend 25 bucks for a dime. 30 stabs (if i ever said that, idk) was an exaggeration. my veins are just small and I have thick skin. and YES. the vacuum method worked the last few times very well.

WOW I'm never reusing one again. I just snapped a picture of that and sent it to some friends back home.

Hey you live in New York?

When I bought sticks in The Bronx they took my ID and wrote down my information. I asked why without trying to look sketchy and they said the police monitor who buys sticks. Do you know why? and what do they ultimately do with your information when they get it ?

You're so frustrated with my posts it's almost funny at this point. You need to calm your tits a little "bro"

Last week was my first time shooting so that might explain the "way i've been posting" do you understand the concept of getting on the forum asking for help? I wouldn't have joined this forum if i had known people like you were going to just flame me from the start.

I am quitting and frankly don't care about your ability to doubt me in caps lock. lol.

Good luck doing your thing.

Dude,, you just keep posting essentially the same questions. They have been asked and answered so many times.. and a lot of it is just you repeating the same questions in slightly different ways, and us repeating our answers. We want to help and stuff... but we are beating a dead horse here. Just rember..this forum isn't a how to get fucked forum..it's harm reduction forum.. and 30+ attempts PER injection, a horribly damaged arm, and the compulsion to go on is a risk.. it is harmful.. and it is something this fourm aims to reproduce.. You should not end up with mangled arms.. that is not just the result of not knowing how to shoot, it;s repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

I am not flaming you, I am telling you this is serious.. you need to get someone to show you how they hold the needle when they shoot them self and there technique of finding a vein 21st shot. It's so easy to FUCK your body up for real, like permanent damage, or at the very least a situation where you MUST SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION or the infection can spread (abscess, extremely common) or you can get your self into an even worse situation, like loosing an arm. This can happen very easy in a matter of minutes/hours. And with such a high drive/compulsion to get that shot off, one could EASILY mistakingly inject into an artery (Iespecially inexperienced IVers.. even experienced shooters do it sometimes by a accident). I am only stating the facts about what you told us man.. not trying to attack you. It;'s just I don't think you realize how dangerous the fire you are playing with can be.

LIke there is absolutely no reason you should have to try so many times.... you have to take your time, take a deep breath, make a list of all the suggestionsweve told you, use a tourniquette and make sure you see those veins bulging, use the vacuum technique, steady your hand by anchoring the pin, and blast off (loosing tourni first). or loosen tourni slightly if you have deep veins that are thin and need a slight blulge you keep you in. YOu want to restrict blood flow not stop/clog it.

Look online for videos of how to inject,..i am sure they exist. holding the needle is KEY. If you hold it wrong you basically can not attempt toinject.

The BEST possible route, watch a friend inject himself, tape it on your phone, watch and watch that shit. Or seriously if you get east coast powder or dope thats good enough to do it, switch to IM. Get 1 to 1-1/2" pins. IMing is cake... a 5 step tutorial and youll actually be getting the most out of your shots.

IM you aabsorb as much as IV but it taks ilke 3 mins to hit you maybe a bit more. If you miss a shot your not getting good absorbtion.. its much slower and you loose product IMO. HOnesrtly a missed shot I feel like 10% of the high haha.

This is important

I have noticed that I can make a shot fine (hit a vein easy with a brand new pin never hit the skin once). Once I hvae used that pin once/twice (meaning I pierced the skin once or twice) that same pin will not be able to hit the same veins. It has dulled SO MUCH after just those 2 injections that it pushes the vein aside instead of piercing.

I used to reuse pins and I thought the veins would die...

Now when I attempt to register and can't, I backload my solution into another pin. MAYBE I will give the 1st 1 more try but never move onto even a 3rd.

This can make so much of a difference...and prevent your messed up looking arms.

You should not get bruising ever from IVing. That means you are either fishing for a vein, using very thin ones that you are actually severing in there, or shooting in an area not best suited for shooting.

Ive done up to 20 shots in a day and my arms really dont look bad except for my most popular site, ill have like a red little bump or something. Using new pins is the best thing you can do for your body. You see people with really serous track marks? They did not rotate enough and repeatedly used the same pins. I have not even developd scars on 2 of my most poplar spots becuase I always use new pins. I wouldnt even attempt to hit with a dull pin.. not only does it hurt but why chance a miss or giving my veins more damage than they need.

WOW I'm never reusing one again. I just snapped a picture of that and sent it to some friends back home.

Hey you live in New York?

When I bought sticks in The Bronx they took my ID and wrote down my information. I asked why without trying to look sketchy and they said the police monitor who buys sticks. Do you know why? and what do they ultimately do with your information when they get it ?

I'm assuming you are talking about picking them up from a pharmacy? They have checked my ID a few times when I was prescribed xanax, but it was to verify my identification and make sure it matched up with the info on the script. This way somebody overhearing my name and what I dropped off can't just walk up, say my name, and leave with my script. It's also to keep you from getting it prescribed from multiple doctors, and trying to use a different name or something to get around the system.

Well they don't just check it they take it and write down all of my information. I just ask for 2cc long insulin syringes and they have to take my id every time

^ I thought you meant xanax "sticks" , when you said sticks. If you are talking about needles then, I would just go to a different pharmacy, or just go to a free needle exchange. I've never heard of them taking down your info, and it's not that smart to hand over your info to them like that.

I had a little bit of money left so I decided to buy a bag of dope. I've been buying for the past few days.

I come home and I get everything ready and for the past hour and a half I've sat here poking myself probably over 30 times trying to hit a vein. I had a rag to wipe all of the blood away i would register the needle in and nothing. Every time. nothing. Just air. I have veins in my arm, hand, ankle, foot - everytime it would just be air. This happened until I seriously almost started crying because I cant be walking around with a thousand tracks all over my arms but it was to happen anyway. eventually it filled up with red blood and then i pulled back and it was air. so the last 9 times i tried to hit it was extra hard to tell because it was filled with blood. I started with 40 cc of water and by the end I had like 15 cc. I would squirt it all out back into the spoon and get a new spoon maybe this is why. I know i'm a noob and don't know what I'm doing but when I spend an hour and half stabbing my body i realize it's not f'ing worth it.

I really like dope too. IDK. I'm probably gonna get flamed for this because i'm so nooby and can't hit my vein. I'm just so mad i had to rant. Has this happened to anyone else?

Oh what I ended up doing was just pushing it into my arm forming a huge bubble. Huge waste.

"Huge waste" you say ? In every conceivable way...

never ever shooting, after reading that since I don't know how and would have the OP's problems most likely..

the smoking off foil thing scared me though... I'm in MMT but if I ever use again I'll never smoke it ever... I swear...

thats scary shit seriously.

Well they don't just check it they take it and write down all of my information. I just ask for 2cc long insulin syringes and they have to take my id every time

Yo that is insane I have never EVER heard of that happening. What are they tracking dope users lol..

I have bought at fucking so many pharmacies and never had that happen ANYWHERE in nyc.. but i only buy in manhattan S.I. and BK.

I know if you were buyin like products used to make meth they do that.. but I dunno thats just really weird. Well do you look really young maybe? I can see them wanting to see id if you look under 21 or something maybe but damn thats just odd that they WRITE your info down. dont get it. I would be like what the hell yo thats my personal shit.

But yeah bro go to a needle exchange. there are mobile exhcnages around NYC that go to different streets..theres a list somewhere online. I wish I had my camera but I got a fucking goody pack from the syringe exchange yesterday. I went in with a lot of pins probably nearly 50-100 pins.. I walked out with 70 28g 1/2" .5cc Terumos and 30 27g 1/2" 1cc Terumos. A FUCKLOAD of sterile water and tightly rolled cottons n cookers. It;'s like christmas when you go there and totally free.

It would cost me 35 dollars at cvs to buy that many syringes but they wouldnt even do it.. they only give 10 at once.

I am tellin you bro thtas why my arms look so good and when i use I do like 10 shots a day on average. A new pin is beautiful it barely fucks with anything.. i just get a tinyl ittle red dot where I inject and in 24 hours you cant even tell. Youd have to take a magnifying glass to my arm and see where I just shot. Having ample pins is key to not getting desperate and killing your body with a dull paperclip pin lol

never ever shooting, after reading that since I don't know how and would have the OP's problems most likely..

the smoking off foil thing scared me though... I'm in MMT but if I ever use again I'll never smoke it ever... I swear...

thats scary shit seriously.

Good to hear bro.. yeah on the real its stupid to shoot.

But noone knows how to shoot at first. THere is a learning curve.. like a few missed shots when you are starting of something. Its like dogs, you gotto train em to shit outside or theyll do it inside lol. But they wont shit on their bed naturally lol. But yeah I dunno I started shooting by myself no help but the internet and I never had so much trouble..It was tough but I took my time.. tie your arm off, FIND A VEIN, insert the needle properly, create vacuum, hit vein adn shoot. I dont see how it can take 100 tries to do 3 injections unless you are just looking at your arm adn sticking the needle in anywhere. Like you might as well blindfold yourself lol. I mean even if you are blind.. feel your arm for a bulge after tying off and shoot there!

I mean hell my veins are barely even visible.. like I am like 15 pounds overweight with BARELY visible veins.. beleive me if I can do it anyone can. Ive seen people with veins bulging mad big like on hands and shit, I have none of that. My crook of my elboy veins are not even visible even when tying off but you can feel a VERY subtle lump..and they work WONDERS. tHEY ARE BY far the easist to hit.

I just watched a how to video and once I found a good vein to hit it was easy )cephalic under bsae of thumb).. except I only used that one vein lol. But now I rotate mad spots.. seriously once you find a good spot you shouldnt have trouble hitting it a 2nd time.. that's why its just surprising to hear someone trying 30 times PER SHOT until their whole body is dripping in blood and out bruised up with nasty infectious abscess ridden lacerations (jk).

Last edited:
Yo that is insane I have never EVER heard of that happening. What are they tracking dope users lol..

I have bought at fucking so many pharmacies and never had that happen ANYWHERE in nyc.. but i only buy in manhattan S.I. and BK.

I know if you were buyin like products used to make meth they do that.. but I dunno thats just really weird. Well do you look really young maybe? I can see them wanting to see id if you look under 21 or something maybe but damn thats just odd that they WRITE your info down. dont get it. I would be like what the hell yo thats my personal shit.

But yeah bro go to a needle exchange. there are mobile exhcnages around NYC that go to different streets..theres a list somewhere online. I wish I had my camera but I got a fucking goody pack from the syringe exchange yesterday. I went in with a lot of pins probably nearly 50-100 pins.. I walked out with 70 28g 1/2" .5cc Terumos and 30 27g 1/2" 1cc Terumos. A FUCKLOAD of sterile water and tightly rolled cottons n cookers. It;'s like christmas when you go there and totally free.

It would cost me 35 dollars at cvs to buy that many syringes but they wouldnt even do it.. they only give 10 at once.

I am tellin you bro thtas why my arms look so good and when i use I do like 10 shots a day on average. A new pin is beautiful it barely fucks with anything.. i just get a tinyl ittle red dot where I inject and in 24 hours you cant even tell. Youd have to take a magnifying glass to my arm and see where I just shot. Having ample pins is key to not getting desperate and killing your body with a dull paperclip pin lol

MAN WTF now i'm kind of worried. Am I the only one they do this to? It was almost too late the first time they took my info I didn't even know they were writing my info down I thought they were just scanning my ID. I DO look extremely young i'm 20 and when shaven I could pass as 16. Doesn't matter though because I think you have to be 18. I buy from Rite Aid and I live in the bronx idk.

I've heard of the needle exchange before but never thought of using it. They take your used dirty needles and give you clean ones? and they give you sterile water and cottons? that's crazy. Does that mean using regular cotton swabs and sink water is more harmful?

MAN WTF now i'm kind of worried. Am I the only one they do this to? It was almost too late the first time they took my info I didn't even know they were writing my info down I thought they were just scanning my ID. I DO look extremely young i'm 20 and when shaven I could pass as 16. Doesn't matter though because I think you have to be 18. I buy from Rite Aid and I live in the bronx idk.

I've heard of the needle exchange before but never thought of using it. They take your used dirty needles and give you clean ones? and they give you sterile water and cottons? that's crazy. Does that mean using regular cotton swabs and sink water is more harmful?
You are asking questions that you already have the answers to... seriously. Yes they give you sterile water because tap water is filled with all sorts of sh*t like chlorine and god know what else to "filter" it. Random cotton is obviously not going to be as good as cotton or filters made for the purpose of injecting. And yes somebody JUST explained how they give you all the sh*t for free, I don't even think you need old needles you just ask for some supplies and they hook it up.

Well about buying pins from pharmacies.. MAYBE you will get ID'd to make sure your 18 (or whatever the legal limit is). But unless this is a practice that has just never really been talked about or I somehow missed it I highly doubt there are many of us if any which that has happened to.

I have no idea why they would do that.. but if you are in NY I know you can only buy a single 10 pack at a time. I go to chain pharmacies and I have bought like 3 packs in 1 day from the same pharmacy once.. and it's pretty common I buy 2 packs in 1 day from the same place, so I would think if there was a rule they would be afraid to do it being that its a $3 product probably little profit not worth the risk you know.

But yeah if you look young you'll prob get ID'd... Honestly dude just go to another pharmacy.. so if anything they will just be IDing you not documenting that youve come into get pins lol.. pharmacist is like makin a list of all the dope heads or some wird vigilante shit and hes gonan bring em down. Lol jk

Oh and I don;t have my slr but yeah they give you these awesome like individual sterile water capsules with like 2oz sterile water in each. They gave me like 15 of them. They give you little alcohol wipes, wet wipes (soap), rubber tie off's (I use a belt), cookers (aluminium ones they are ballin as fuck), and pins they give you a lot. Like as many as you need really..but if it's your first time you'll get a weeks supply.. so you coudl convince em you need 70-100 if you tried..but the least theyd give would be lke 30 probably. They give you individually wrapped terumo's that are sterile at the exchange I go to.

IMO one of the coolest things they give you is the little tightly rolled pieces of cottons. instead of balling up cotton with your dirty fingers, they are really nicely tight wrapped little ball that resembles balls from ball bearings. Some of them are so tight they filter SOOOOO good. shit comes out so damn clean yo compared to a real loosely wrapped one. It's like a big baggie full of these little cotton rolled balls like the size of bb's 25% super tight ones, 25% nicely wrapped cotton, 25% loose but usable, and 25% that are shitty too small and loose or whatever I just chuck em

Also if you need most exchanges have the plsatic syringe containers to put dirties in, so when yyou bring them back you just throw the whole container out.

Last edited:
maybe that's why I quoted somebody I was just MAKING SURE and if you don't already see the person that I quoted just wrapped up ALL my questions for me so I don't walk into a needle exchange place blindly like an idiot just to find out that I can't use the program without this/that blah blah or if there are any requirements. FFS. I asked those questions followed by: that's crazy because I thought it was exhilarating that you got that stuff for free.

Some people just have a way tougher time then others injecting, even if they are doing all the right things. It's not helpful to say that there is absolutely no reason someone should have a hard time hitting a vein, and it's not true that injecting drugs should never cause bruises etc. Some people have really tiny well-hidden veins and even experienced professional lab techs find it impossible to hit them (and no, it's not just "fat people" as someone claimed). Some people have already damaged their veins, making it even harder to hit. Some people have low blood pressure and bad circulation. Bruising etc can be caused by a number of things and is not 100% preventable. I had a friend, for example, who was fairly easy to hit, hit a large vein right away with a fresh syringe, used excellent technique and definitely didn't miss at all, yet a huge bruise developed in the area. In addition, different types of heroin and different cuts have more potential for bruising, vein damage, etc.

I think it's good that the OP is asking a lot of questions, that is much more responsible than someone who assumes they know everything. I don't think there are any "dumb" questions, although of course it is helpful if people use the search function and see if their question has already been discussed, and if, when they get a ton of answers to a question that all seem to make sense and where all the replies agree, that they take or acknowledge that advice.

Good luck with your veins and maybe this will be a lesson to do anything you can to keep them healthy and/or to take a break from injecting (or using period).

I also wouldn't worry too much about the pharmacy that took down your info, they may have just been trying to scare you or see how you react. Some pharmacies take it upon themselves to try to prevent people from using the syringes for illicit drugs. Just go to a different pharmacy or a needle exchange from now on. I assume you live in the same area as the people who gave you the info about needle exchanges, as it can be different in different places. It's totally true that the number one thing you can do for your veins and to make it easier to hit is to use a new syringe for every try.

Switch to using a gauge up. This happens to me when using a syringe with a small gauge needle among other things. I poke and poke and poke and nothing, just air, despite my knowing that I am, in fact in a vein and when I put good judgement aside and push regardless of seeing a trickle of blood, I realise how correct I was. As soon as I switch to a syringe with a slightly larger gauge, no complaints and no problem.

Smoke the stuff instead. Smoking has a pretty rapid onset and high bioavailability too. When I was doing H, I never shot it up, I just smoked it.

If you do decide to smoke it (which in my humble opinion is a colossal waste when direct access is, forgive the pun, but, literally in your hands (or rather arms), use the cardboard tube from a toilet paper roll with a funnel inserted in the top and placed over your mouth and nose instead of a straw or a rolled-up bill to minimise the amount of the drug wasted as a result of excess and/or smoke not inhaled.

Wow. Well I have no idea what you mean by "get everything ready" but I'm gonna guess since you're a newb that means you cooked it and put it in a needle? Cooking and prepping the drug is the easiest part. Any idiot can do it. Which is why so many idiots OD or, as in your case, stumble when it comes to the injection.
Quick and simple, you need a TOURNIQUET unless you have great bulging viens (I do, my gf who's a nurse says she wishes all her patients has veins like mine) then you need to tie a tourniquet. Find the vein in the crook of your arm and tie it about 3-4 inches above that (above means towards your heart not towards your wrist). Swab the injection site with an alcohol pad, just spray a paper towel with rubbing alcohol and Swab it if you don't have real supplies which I'm sure you don't. Swabbing makes the vein pop don't bother clenching ur fist or any stupid shit like they do in the movies. Now if your using a syringe (which you shouldn't be but again not everyone had medical grade iv kits) you'll have to find the vein, make sure the needle is bevel up THE LITTLE HOLE ON THE NEEDLE FACES UP!! now slide the needle in at a 40 degree angle. Experienced iv users and nurses can feel the needle penetrate the vein and if you were using a proper iv set up as soon as you hit the vein you would see a little bit of blood enter the needle and tube, the actual needle (if it's actually an iv needle and not one used for intramuscular injection like these idiot junkies use) should only go in about half way AT MOST any more and you'll perforate the vein. Once you feel the "pop" of the vein (which you won't cuz ur a newb and didn't bother to fucking research this onvuously) pull back slightly on the plunger, if you see blood, you got it if you don't then for fucks sake don't just keep pressing the plunger! What you did is called infiltration, you put all that drug subdermally, it will dissipate on its own and you may feel a slight increase in mood but you're not gonna get high. Find an actual iv rig, it's a syringe that hooks up to an adaptor the adaptor hooks up to a tube with a needle at the end. I can't post a pic cuz this site is dumb and I'm only a greenlighter but only I could post it in would prolly save you a lot of pain and money and it would certainly help everyone else out. But to many idiots here posting dumb shit like dick pics ruined it for everyone. So there you go. Look up that rig I told u about and your life will be a lot easier. I'm a PA my gf is a nurse, believe that or don't, but my info speaks for itself. This is how it's done when hanging an iv, doing a blood draw or almost any other procedure. Also, make sure you're not using fucking tap or bottled water like an idiot. You can buy normal saliene at most pharmacies.