• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines I'm going to attempt 75mg of DMT soon, probably Wednesday. Wish me luck. Has anyone else dosed this high?

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
It may be an excessive dose, I tried 50mg last year but I was on an SNRI that may have stuck me in the waiting room, but my friend made another batch when I was still on it and 10mg rocked me, so I may have to test 15-20mg and see how strong it really is. Either way, this feels like something I have to do. It took me some time getting the courage back to do this, but having been at such a low point lately, I think it may be very helpful. I used a vape pen for a month straight just to kind of familiarize myself with the effects again, often having some strong trips. Some HPPD did occur for awhile, but it wasn't much, and I thought it was pretty cool actually. Any time I get stoned now I kind of trip a little bit, but I'd also been doing shrooms quite often in August.

Does anyone else have experience with a dose this high? I fear I may just black out or something. I had one blackout with the vape pen, my body grew tremendously large and the next thing I knew I was back, still tripping, wondering what the fuck just happened.

Sounds a little excessive, with no tolerance and a proper vaping technique, even 35mg can be sufficient for a breakthrough

Well, tolerance doesn't really exist does it? Maybe in like a mental sense on lower trips you get used to it, but I figured that whole idea where it resets after about an hour was accurate. With the vaping I did do like, press for 5 seconds, inhale, press for 5 seconds, inhale repeatedly, and I did trip quite hard some of those times.

I'll test the waters with 15-20mg first. I just don't want that hellish waiting room trip that I had last year, freaked me the fuck out. But again being on an SNRI likely had an impact, even though it was just 20mg Cymbalta (was in the process of tapering which is really hard, SNRI withdrawal is some of the worst ever)

The tolerance is interesting - so you don't notice much tolerance with smoking? I've always found DMT taken orally has the longest tolerance of any psychedelic. It can take weeks if not months before you get a full oral trip again. I've heard people say "Oh, you can take ayahusca every night and there's no tolerance" - certainly not for me.

Why?

If you found 10mg strong and found 50mg hellish and terrifying, why aim for 75mg?
Well we weren't entirely sure it was 10mg. I had him weigh out 5mg, didn't feel much and told him to add on 5mg more. I don't know how precise the scale is for measuring doses that small, and he said to me that either way stacking doses like that can lead to a stronger effect. I don't know where he heard that from, though. It felt more like a 20mg dose I'd had before. But given we're just dropping the crystals on a dab rig, some could be lost or like, sizzle away or something. Can't remember exactly what he said. He seemed to think that was the case when he gave me the 50mg, 20mg was definitely a moderately strong trip.

The whole reason 50mg was terrifying is because I didn't break through, I fell short, and that's where things get problematic. As Terrance McKenna once said, the problem isn't taking too much, it's taking too little (not verbatim but close enough).

Many people who reach this "waiting room" have a horrible time, and that's where I was. 75mg would almost guarantee a breakthrough and at worst, it would be so intense I just black out.

Many people who reach this "waiting room" have a horrible time, and that's where I was. 75mg would almost guarantee a breakthrough and at worst, it would be so intense I just black out.
I think that the dose was just fine, and that the SNRI interfered.
Vaped up to 80mg DMT crystals, wasn't particularly different from 50-60mg for me, and I don't think you have any chance of blacking out if you're healthy and other drugs are not involved.

IMHO, if you can have a tough time with 50mg you can still have a tough time with 75mg.
I used a meth pipe with a 5" stem and a propane torch, and needed 3 lungfuls to finish everything.
By the time I was doing the 3rd toke I zoomed into the vapour swirling in the chamber and I was looking at an immense stormfront so I just went with muscle memory to finish.
You probably won't be able to see exactly were you are putting the glass down, so I recommend an assistant to supervise what you do with the hot glass.

Apologies if all this is obvious to you.

No problem.

As mentioned I was using a friends dab rig as it seemed most convenient but he thought maybe I wasn't getting all of the dose, but Idk if that really makes sense. SNRI involvement likely did have an impact, even at a low dose, I'd been on it for years so there was definitely a good amount built up in my body. It's not like a heated nail rig, it's one of those glass ones, I think we read that the nail rigs will just destroy it or something. All I know is the glass rig works.

I've had a lot of struggles this year with my mental health, so I guess it's almost self-destructive, in a way... but it's yin and yang. I don't think it should do any harm to me. Maybe it would be a difficult trip, I'm sure it would be, but I've maintained for awhile that if things ever got to the point where I feel life is too much, I'll go all the way. I always found DMT was like a factory reset button for my brain. Even though 50mg was very difficult, my mental health was suddenly quite a bit better the following week, though I felt some mild derealization at times, and one night, randomly, I woke up and I was tripping for about 10 seconds. Possible link of DMT to dreaming? Unsure, but it was certainly startling.

That night of the 50mg an old friend came by and we had a great time and I felt very good, cleansed I suppose. I have OCD and it literally went away for an entire week, like completely. I suppose it wasn't the worst freakout, I mostly was hungup about feeling nauseous because of the anxiety, and I'm emitaphobic. Perhaps I'll take an anti-nausea pill beforehand just in case. I have Zofran that my GP prescribed earlier this year for bloating, which was kind of silly considering I didn't feel nausea. My stomach was just wrecked by antibiotics. This shit saved my life after sinus surgery when waterfalls of blood were going down my throat last May/June, especially the first night when I had lingering effects of the anesthesia and then taking oxy. I would've puked my brains out if it weren't for Zofran.

I'll experiment with lower amounts first, because even before I quit my SNRI, he had a 2nd batch that looked much darker, almost like breaded mac & cheese, and it seemed to be a lot stronger than his original. Tough to say, I only sampled it once. I was going to trip on Saturday but he was busy, so I'm shooting for Wednesday. I may just go all in, but maybe I shouldn't. I do take amitryptaline at the moment, which may complicate things. This is known to potentiate LSD, and probably applies to any tryptamine, unsure. I took 2g of mushrooms in early August and I tripped so insanely hard it's not even funny, just 2g. Either they were way too strong or the TCA was potentiating it. Perhaps I'll stop taking it for a few days, it's useless shit anyway. This was the last class of anti-depressants I'd never tried and it's done zilch for me. No anti-depressant has ever worked for me, and many of them made things worse. Microdoses of shrooms, though, are the fucking best.

The tolerance is interesting - so you don't notice much tolerance with smoking? I've always found DMT taken orally has the longest tolerance of any psychedelic. It can take weeks if not months before you get a full oral trip again. I've heard people say "Oh, you can take ayahusca every night and there's no tolerance" - certainly not for me.
Orally tolerance would make some sense given MAOIs greatly extend the effects and may cause some uptake of the neurotransmitter in the pineal gland? Just a guess. Smoked/vaped DMT, your tolerance supposedly resets after 1 hour, most people find this to be true anyway.

Well we weren't entirely sure it was 10mg. I had him weigh out 5mg, didn't feel much and told him to add on 5mg more. I don't know how precise the scale is for measuring doses that small, and he said to me that either way stacking doses like that can lead to a stronger effect. I don't know where he heard that from, though. It felt more like a 20mg dose I'd had before. But given we're just dropping the crystals on a dab rig, some could be lost or like, sizzle away or something. Can't remember exactly what he said. He seemed to think that was the case when he gave me the 50mg, 20mg was definitely a moderately strong trip.

The whole reason 50mg was terrifying is because I didn't break through, I fell short, and that's where things get problematic. As Terrance McKenna once said, the problem isn't taking too much, it's taking too little (not verbatim but close enough).

Higher psychedelic doses are more intense and if you get anxiety it will generally be worse on a higher dose.

An "instant ego obliteration breakthrough" on a mind that can't handle a lower dose is a big fat gamble. Some people love the rush of gambling with their life, but there's no need to embody that kind of outlier risk taking energy just because you're a fan of the best and most exciting drug experiences.

Me personally i'm in the same position with DMT. I had a near-breakthrough and will be going for breakthrough next time. For me, the near-breakthrough wasn't frightening but i'm still careful and apprehensive about next time. I think it's illogical of you to assume that a higher dose of a drug will produce a somehow lighter experience. It could be, but likely not, and honestly this expectation seems somewhat like an exceptionalist fantasy which could be called an expression of "ego" rather than an expression of seamless interconnectedness. If you don't mind me saying that... I have no desire to be rude at all, since you make a sympathetic impression on me.

Anyway good luck and remember you are a cool guy with all the deep secrets inside already :)

Last edited:
Higher psychedelic doses are more intense and if you get anxiety it will generally be worse on a higher dose.

An "instant ego obliteration breakthrough" on a mind that can't handle a lower dose is a big fat gamble. Some people love the rush of gambling with their life, but there's no need to embody that kind of outlier risk taking energy just because you're a fan of the best and most exciting drug experiences.

Me personally i'm in the same position with DMT. I had a near-breakthrough and will be going for breakthrough next time. For me, the near-breakthrough wasn't frightening but i'm still careful and apprehensive about next time. I think it's illogical of you to assume that a higher dose of a drug will produce a somehow lighter experience. It could be, but likely not, and honestly this expectation seems somewhat like an exceptionalist fantasy which could be called an expression of "ego" rather than an expression of seamless interconnectedness. If you don't mind me saying that... I have no desire to be rude at all, since you make a sympathetic impression on me.

Anyway good luck and remember you are a cool guy with all the deep secrets inside already :)
You may have misread something. I didn't claim that a higher dose would produce a "lighter experience" as you say. I just thought it would reduce the chances of hitting the waiting room, and it seems to be generally regarded as the highest end dose. I can do fine with the lower doses, naturally there's that first burst of nervous system shock, but then it's euphoric and interesting. Like I'd mentioned about Terrance McKenna, the issue is often not taking too much, but not enough. 5mg of DMT is not pleasant for me, my body just feels weird and yet I don't exactly feel like I'm tripping. Once I hit 10mg it becomes very enjoyable and I laugh a lot.

5mg of DMT is not pleasant for me, my body just feels weird and yet I don't exactly feel like I'm tripping. Once I hit 10mg it becomes very enjoyable and I laugh a lot.
I never liked small doses either. Anything under 20mg I found to be overall an unpleasant experience.

Personally, with weed sandwich method, 50-60mg is waiting room, 65mg+ was my breakthrough dose when I have entity experiences. Waiting room can be fun too, I just hated low dose.

You may have misread something. I didn't claim that a higher dose would produce a "lighter experience" as you say. I just thought it would reduce the chances of hitting the waiting room, and it seems to be generally regarded as the highest end dose. I can do fine with the lower doses, naturally there's that first burst of nervous system shock, but then it's euphoric and interesting. Like I'd mentioned about Terrance McKenna, the issue is often not taking too much, but not enough. 5mg of DMT is not pleasant for me, my body just feels weird and yet I don't exactly feel like I'm tripping. Once I hit 10mg it becomes very enjoyable and I laugh a lot.

You said the waiting room was "terrifying" and "problematic" and this you want to avoid with a higher dose.

You didn't use the exact term "lighter experience" but i didn't misread anything.

Now you say you're "fine" during lower doses. It's hard to discuss if you're shifting descriptions like that. "Fine" and "problematic" are quite contrary to me.

When did I say I wasn't fine with lower doses? It's micro, 5mg type doses that can make me feel weird because it's just the body load and nothing really cognitive, for me anyway. No euphoria or visuals or laughter. You said verbatim lighter experience so it's clear you misread something.

But maybe misread wasn't the right word, you seem to just misunderstand something. And I'm not trying to come off rude, this is just my perspective. But again the waiting room was only so terrifying because I felt like I was gonna be sick and am emitaphobic. It honestly really had nothing to do with what I saw or experienced, it was just the fact that I still felt present in my body and I obviously didn't want to hurl while tripping out really hard. I also had several layers on which was a mistake because while it was cold, my body always feels very hot on DMT, and I'd eaten quite a bit before this.

Last edited:
be careful people can have psychotic breaks for taking to large of DMT dose. Not everyone is gonna black out and be paralyzed stay safe

This is true.

Someone close to me dove/fell through a glass table after someone else foolishly dosed them with 100mg. A large dose can have all sorts of strange reactions.

-GC

Yikes so they dosed him that high without telling him? I assume this was some time after he stopped tripping.

I'm not unfamiliar with at least milder psychotic breaks, at least if you consider severe depersonalization/derealization as such. I have C-PTSD and occasionally have bouts of derealization but nothing too severe, at least not since I gave up alcohol years ago. But when I first started toking at 17, something went massively wrong. Some teenagers can smoke and be good but that just wasn't true for me. I felt like a ghost carrying around a body I didn't recognize anymore, but I knew I was still me.

Maybe the fact that I was smoking joints of high grade to my face didn't help. I remember I'd often get high and start speaking in tongues and it was just very weird. My friend/dealer at the time said he had pretty much the same experience at 15 when he did an L to the head, he thought he was hearing shit. I really think teenagers shouldn't fuck around with any psychoactive drugs period. By the time I turned 19 weed made me paranoid for a couple years pretty often unless I was drunk. By 25, suddenly, I never got paranoid again, so I imagine my brain finished developing or something.

I remember wanting LSD just months after that incident and I'm probably fortunate that no one could find me any. I used to read trip reports on here all the time back then, but it was The Beatles that made me want to do it lol...

Yikes so they dosed him that high without telling him? I assume this was some time after he stopped tripping.

I'm not unfamiliar with at least milder psychotic breaks, at least if you consider severe depersonalization/derealization as such. I have C-PTSD and occasionally have bouts of derealization but nothing too severe, at least not since I gave up alcohol years ago. But when I first started toking at 17, something went massively wrong. Some teenagers can smoke and be good but that just wasn't true for me. I felt like a ghost carrying around a body I didn't recognize anymore, but I knew I was still me.

Maybe the fact that I was smoking joints of high grade to my face didn't help. I remember I'd often get high and start speaking in tongues and it was just very weird. My friend/dealer at the time said he had pretty much the same experience at 15 when he did an L to the head, he thought he was hearing shit. I really think teenagers shouldn't fuck around with any psychoactive drugs period. By the time I turned 19 weed made me paranoid for a couple years pretty often unless I was drunk. By 25, suddenly, I never got paranoid again, so I imagine my brain finished developing or something.

I remember wanting LSD just months after that incident and I'm probably fortunate that no one could find me any. I used to read trip reports on here all the time back then, but it was The Beatles that made me want to do it lol...

No this was soon as it hit, he was aware he was doing DMT just the person dosing him should’ve been a bit wiser about the amount used. He was of perspective to really blast him off.

According to my friend who endured the trip, it felt as though he lived multiple lifetimes in the span of the few minutes it occurred.

-GC