• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines I'm going to attempt 75mg of DMT soon, probably Wednesday. Wish me luck. Has anyone else dosed this high?

Huh, so did he not fully blast off then? Just curious based off falling through a glass table and whatnot. You'd think a dose like that would leave you catatonic for awhile.

It may be an excessive dose, I tried 50mg last year but I was on an SNRI that may have stuck me in the waiting room, but my friend made another batch when I was still on it and 10mg rocked me, so I may have to test 15-20mg and see how strong it really is. Either way, this feels like something I have to do. It took me some time getting the courage back to do this, but having been at such a low point lately, I think it may be very helpful. I used a vape pen for a month straight just to kind of familiarize myself with the effects again, often having some strong trips. Some HPPD did occur for awhile, but it wasn't much, and I thought it was pretty cool actually. Any time I get stoned now I kind of trip a little bit, but I'd also been doing shrooms quite often in August.

Does anyone else have experience with a dose this high? I fear I may just black out or something. I had one blackout with the vape pen, my body grew tremendously large and the next thing I knew I was back, still tripping, wondering what the fuck just happened.
I’m confused. How is a vape pen helping you prepare for DMT? Nicotine or THC?

Well I wanted to ease back into it because I didn't want to give up on it, so I used the pen as a way to get comfortable and less anxious about using it. A friend of mine made it, no nicotine or THC in it.

Huh, so did he not fully blast off then? Just curious based off falling through a glass table and whatnot. You'd think a dose like that would leave you catatonic for awhile.

Yea, he wasn’t even aware of his body as he did it. As TripSit said don’t expect to be paralyzed at large doses

-GC

I'd work your way up to 75mg.
The SNRI could likely turn a trip bad and increase the negative side effects, but it could have also been decreasing the desired effects of the 50mg dose.
If you have a decent amount (500mg+), slowly work your way up to 75mg.
Do 30mg, then go up to 40, then 50, then 60, then 75, etc. until you find the dose that is the 'sweet spot' for you.
Don't jump headfirst into 75mg.
DMT is an extremely powerful substance and needs to be respected as such.

I'd work your way up to 75mg.
The SNRI could likely turn a trip bad and increase the negative side effects, but it could have also been decreasing the desired effects of the 50mg dose.
If you have a decent amount (500mg+), slowly work your way up to 75mg.
Do 30mg, then go up to 40, then 50, then 60, then 75, etc. until you find the dose that is the 'sweet spot' for you.
Don't jump headfirst into 75mg.
DMT is an extremely powerful substance and needs to be respected as such.
It can be extracted from so many things. Does it matter what it comes from as far as quality? Does the larger amount make it last longer? I’ve never tried it. And had never heard of it until a few years ago.

It can be extracted from so many things. Does it matter what it comes from as far as quality? Does the larger amount make it last longer? I’ve never tried it. And had never heard of it until a few years ago.
Taking a larger amount mainly makes it hit harder and makes the trip more intense.
There's probably a limit to how much you can inhale before just losing control of your body.
But I've heard that massive amounts can extend the trip from the usual 10-20 minute length to 30+ minutes.

I personally have only ingested threshold doses, but plan to resume my own experimentation once my mental health + living situation + life all improve.

Taking a larger amount mainly makes it hit harder and makes the trip more intense.
There's probably a limit to how much you can inhale before just losing control of your body.
But I've heard that massive amounts can extend the trip from the usual 10-20 minute length to 30+ minutes.

I personally have only ingested threshold doses, but plan to resume my own experimentation once my mental health + living situation + life all improve.
people can go into psychosis for hours after 100 mg of DMT blasting off. Though this is very rare and most people comedown after 20 minutes. There are those who are susceptible and will have a a totally different reaction to DMT.

Every plant source has a different alkaloid profile and some of those alkaloids make it into the final product. Mimosa “DMT” is probably the purest, Acacia confusa has NMT mixed in, Chaliponga has all sorts of alkaloids including NMT, beta-carbolines, and possibly 5-MEO.

Larger doses just increase intensity with maybe a slight but unnoticeable increase in duration.

I’ve found duration is mostly influenced by the other alkaloids. Chaliponga DMT seems last much longer than Mimosa.

-GC

Yeah, I probably should work up to it, but it seems a lot of people just dive right in their first time. Either way, I suppose my motive may not be quite appropriate. I'm suicidal at the moment due to chronic and crippling tinnitus that nobody has an answer for. It's vacuum in your ears loud with CRT like electrical static. So it's really as if I don't care if this is a good or bad thing. I already have my plans. I don't want to pursue them and will try to be patient but this noise plays with my mind so atrociously bad. I chipped one of my knuckles punching shit and even threw a baseball through my wall earlier...

I developed it May of last year, had a lot of sinus issues and had surgery May this year. Up until the surgery it was mild in comparison to what I've got now. After that, my tinnitus was gone completely, started coming back around mid August, and has been really terrible since the middle of last month. My ENT wants to give me steroids to see if it'd help get anything more that could be in there out, but it's risky, because Prednisone makes me go out of my mind at times.

And unfortunately, cannabis or THC in any form will make it worse, and I'd have been dead years ago without THC. I've taken every anti-depressant on the market, benzos, etc. Nothing works like THC, not even close. Whether or not doing too much caused it is up for debate, because I've had stressful days where at the end of it I get way higher than usual and suddenly it's quiet all of the next day. Originally the day before a hearing test I purposely vaped way more than usual as if to spike my tinnitus for the most accurate results, and that morning was the worst my ears had been up to that point. Then suddenly, during my hearing test, it vanished and I scored perfect... Still can't really say if it's the cause, I've smoked, vaped, ate edibles for 11 and a half years and never had an issue like this. THC isn't ototoxic and if it was then a wide variety of stoners would be unable to hear or also have this issue. So my options are: acupuncture (3 sessions), Prednisone to see if I can get a lot more mucus out, or an antiviral (Valtrex, meant for herpes but I guess is a broad spectrum antiviral). I highly doubt this will work.

In the midwest and it was still bad there, but I had more periods of quiet overall, the spikes were nothing near this loud except for one day where I'd forgotten flonase the night before. I have to use this to prevent polyp regrowth even though that's not too likely anyway. Since returning home it's been much worse no matter if I use flonase or not. The last 2 days I was so depressed about having to leave that I got way higher than normal and had 2 days in a row of quiet, and the 2nd day, THC didn't really spike it at all. Probably allergens at home exacerbate whatever's wrong. THC is known to cause tinnitus for some people but it's generally temporary, and last year it would spike a little bit, but just a little bit, and again temporary. Often this is still the case, my right ear which is usually the loud one will quiet down after awhile, my left ear gets static-ey. If my left ear is going eeeee then it just goes from noise to static while high. I prefer the static. If I push in my tragus for a few seconds it will stop momentarily.

I've maintained awhile back that if things reached this level of low, I would just take a bunch of DMT. When it's spelt out like that, you'd probably think I'm crazy for wanting to do this, and I suppose in a way I am and it's a bit self-destructive. But I'll at least start off around 20 or so. I remember that being quite strong on the SNRI. With the vape pen, I had a few blackouts and there's no way to really know how much I was taking. I assumed seconds hit = mg and it seemed relatively accurate but not quite.

Last edited:
Well I was gonna do some today but then I got way too stoned at my buddies. It seemed to make me not want to do it. He just pulled out some edibles, I can't say no to that. I had a dab, my mouth became the sahara desert and I knew that wouldn't feel nice on DMT. Maybe tomorrow I'll try again, day off for him.

Not sure what you mean entirely, like the right state of mind? I never found that mattered with DMT. If I was going through a lot personally, doing DMT would just immediately make it all fall off my body, my ability to think of any stressors would come to a halt as if, what I described as "the hand of God" (I'm not religious, but it's the best way to describe it I can) pushing down on my head, no matter if the dose was 10mg or 20mg, but it'd obviously be more prominent on the latter. Even last year when I first started trying it, weeks after the death of a very important cousin of mine, that never really entered my head, because really it's just impossible to think about anything, for me at least.

A lot of people otherwise believe you'll never be ready for it, that you have to just do it. I haven't been able to link up with my friend lately.
Oh yeah, as for the Amitryptaline I'd been taking, which seems to potentiate DMT and any tryptamine psychedelics, I've quit that. Can't say for sure on this but it made 2g of shrooms in August feel like an 8th, and it took me months to entirely get over how intense it was. I still tend to trip every time I get baked now, but that could've also been from doing DMT for a month. Psychedelics do seem to change the way THC alters people after using them a lot. I can't say I mind this.

Last edited:
People can be running down the streets on to much DMT just like a psychotic bad trip on LSD. Its rare but it does happen.

This.

I personally can attest. Even though I've smoked DMT hundreds of times, one night I was in a pretty bad mind state and I got very reckless. I was drinking and had probably done small amount of cocaine. I dont actually remember it, but I was sitting in my DMT extraction lab, my girlfriend at the time walks in on me taking the biggest DMT hit she'd ever seen anyone take. My eyes rolled back into my head, and I blew out enough DMT vapor to fill the entire garage. I started yelling and screaming gibberish, and I started to destroy all of the lab glass that had anything to do with DMT. Somehow I didn't touch any of the other glass (mostly cannabis stuff). My gf got me out of the lab and into my nearby apartment and left me to get help. In that time I smashed a bottle of lye extract and began rubbing it all over an area of my leg where I had some sort of fungal infection.

Came to with a smashed lab, ruined wooden floor, a giant chemical burn, and less friends. I did manage to kill whatever bacterial or fungal infection was present.

Long story short is just because you black out doesnt mean your body is going to gently lay down, tho I've seen that as well.

All that said, 75mg is a pretty good dose, I could see that going many ways. Set and setting are important, particularly with high dose psychedelics.

I'd think the cocaine and alcohol set this up to be bad more in general haha. A friend of mine mostly only did DMT while drunk and mentioned the effects were not quite as strong, he got no visuals at all on doses that would give me some, like 10mg for instance. But yeah as I'd said above, I always found set and setting to be irrelevant with DMT, at least personally, because it's like a bomb to my brain, I lose the ability to think or even really feel emotion in general. If I do feel anything it's euphoria but that would often come later in the trip minutes before fully coming down. Your body will always feel a bit stressed at first because it's never ready to go from normal to tripping, so maybe the immense laughter fits I'd get at the end of a trip were some sort of release of that nervous energy.

For a breakthrough dose I wouldn't imagine the setting mattered too much since you're supposed to just leave your body entirely, but I could see it setting you up for being very nervous beforehand. I had better trips at home and by myself in general.

You are probably right but also my choice of Setting: inside a lab with glassware was a bad idea. Set: wasn't much better

At that point in my life cocaine, alcohol, dmt , (and ketamine) were all pretty much socially acceptable and used frequently without serious incident. Not saying it was a high point of my life, i was living in a party house.

Those other substances certainly played a role, but spontaneous high dose DMT really went went wrong that night.

I've definitely smoked/vaped/eaten +75mg many times without such disastrous results.

Those who have only smoked/vaped DMT in relatively inefficient 'analogue' or flame/torch devices need to be aware that up to half their doses may have been lost through burning and overheating. Please bear this in mind when giving advice to visitors here.

Dose recommendations for people who are using electronic rigs should be significantly lower than the old rules of thumb, 10-30mg rather than 25-75mg!

If you have an electronic device that can vapourise DMT into a hot vapour without burning any, 10mg is a good taster and 20-30mg should provide an intense experience. 50mg and higher may be a) unnecessary and b) possibly dangerous if successfully vaped in these devices. It should certainly not be recommended as a starting dose like you might have done if using a bong. Of course, electronic rigs vary in their sophistication. Some devices intended for cannabis extracts will not fully vapourise the hit without burning some either, or the full dose may not be vaped in one inhalation.

It's a glass dabber, my friend did think some was lost though when I did 50mg and made it more like 30ish. Tough to say, I haven't had any from the rig in awhile. The only full blackouts I had were using the vape pen. I know with a domeless steel nail you'd probably lose almost all of it though.