• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Illegal raves during lockdown?

I meant sanitised in terms of security / rules / curfews / dresscodes etc - that's babylon clubbing to me, not raving imo

Haha I nearly spat my crisps out giggling, I thought you meant clean

Loads of clubs knew what you was doing, turned a blind eye as long as you was discrete taking your "stuff"

...a gay venue I used to Dj at a few years ago, way before they got their licenced took of them, police was always being called and ambulances, the owner/manager OD'd on GHB and got bluelighted to hospital but left without telling anyone, actually loads of people used to go under on GHB there, the flat upstairs was a sex drug fueled party house
Men wanking into the change slot in fruit machines, cum was found in it
Oh and my ex boyfriend beat me round the head while I was trying to mix behind the decks, he was so drunk when I said no more drink, we had a full on fight
I can't remember going to a clean club, I like all the underground dark dingy places
I'd love to go to a free party though, never been
Christ, that gay club of yours sounds like a right carry on. What kind of music did you play? Hard house and hard funky house used to be the gay dens favourites in my time ('90s-early '00s). Free parties are the marmite of the raving and clubbing scene, either you love or hate them. Haven't been to many to be honest... a couple were good, but generally I'm not too keen, often they are in the middle of nowhere, and can be really dirty and muddy, without nowhere to sit and chill, not to mention the lack of hygienic facilities. If the weather is bad and there aren't many people around then you've got a recipe for the saddest partying experience ever. You've go to be prepared to rough it up while off your head on some powerful recreational cocktail, haha. That's the real raving experience they say 🥳
I meant sanitised in terms of security / rules / curfews / dresscodes etc - that's babylon clubbing to me, not raving imo
We used to have literally 1000's up in the hills at our do's back in the day, 3 day parties, no rules except our own ethics, worked pretty well usually...
Suppose people would go with cars and campervans, a vehicle can be a lifesaver in those situation and provide some much-needed breathing space for those "it's all getting a bit too much" raving moments

What kind of music did you play?

Started playing hardhouse and hardtrance on vinyl, then when cdjs came in and people wanted electro and house I played dirty electro and funky house on cdjs

And on the gay sceane I played remixes of gay 80s and recent chart tunes thrown into dirty electro and funky gay upfront house

Christ, that gay club of yours sounds like a right carry on. What kind of music did you play? Hard house and hard funky house used to be the gay dens favourites in my time ('90s-early '00s). Free parties are the marmite of the raving and clubbing scene, either you love or hate them. Haven't been to many to be honest... a couple were good, but generally I'm not too keen, often they are in the middle of nowhere, and can be really dirty and muddy, without nowhere to sit and chill, not to mention the lack of hygienic facilities. If the weather is bad and there aren't many people around then you've got a recipe for the saddest partying experience ever. You've go to be prepared to rough it up while off your head on some powerful recreational cocktail, haha. That's the real raving experience they say 🥳

Suppose people would go with cars and campervans, a vehicle can be a lifesaver in those situation and provide some much-needed breathing space for those "it's all getting a bit too much" raving moments

yeah, cars and vans/busses for sure - I don't think many people are keen to walk 10 miles through mountain roads and forestry tracks etc in dead of night :)

at the bigger ones we'd have marquees, barns, tipis, food stalls, plenty of chill out spaces etc - my family and friends are still heavily involved in what's left of that scene, and branches of etc...

The one's I was personally involved with had upwards of 2k people attend, and obviously we'd have smaller ones 3/400 people pretty much fortnightly in summer for a few years :)

yeah, cars and vans/busses for sure - I don't think many people are keen to walk 10 miles through mountain roads and forestry tracks etc in dead of night :)

at the bigger ones we'd have marquees, barns, tipis, food stalls, plenty of chill out spaces etc - my family and friends are still heavily involved in what's left of that scene, and branches of etc...

The one's I was personally involved with had upwards of 2k people attend, and obviously we'd have smaller ones 3/400 people pretty much fortnightly in summer for a few years :)

Heheh, remember the 'Brew crew' that used to follow the festivals around? They were a rum bunch...

Heheh, remember the 'Brew crew' that used to follow the festivals around? They were a rum bunch...

Indeed I do, yes. A 'rum bunch' is doing them a major favour tbh. I've personally seen that lot involved with some truly grim violence

Very angry guys from the cities who were pretty much forced onto the road due to Thatcher's brutal policies. They didn't really understand our (travellers) way of life though and that was when the scene began to fragment and become nasty in places.

Indeed I do, yes. A 'rum bunch' is doing them a major favour tbh. I've personally seen that lot involved with some truly grim violence

Very angry guys from the cities who were pretty much forced onto the road due to Thatcher's brutal policies. They didn't really understand our (travellers) way of life though and that was when the scene began to fragment and become nasty in places.

Yes, they certainly ruined the vibe for me many a time. Not the sort of people you want around with a head full of mushrooms...

Wow, those are big operations, more like mini-festivals maybe? Didn't know they even existed apart from the mythical ones back in the day, e.g. Castlemorton. The illegal raves I have been to were held in inner city empty buildings or warehouses, been to one in a field once but was small and muddy, a 10:00pm-5:00am affair in the North. Left after a couple of hours.

Wow, those are big operations, more like mini-festivals maybe? Didn't know they even existed apart from the mythical ones back in the day, e.g. Castlemorton. The illegal raves I have been to were held in inner city empty buildings or warehouses, been to one in a field once but was small and muddy, a 10:00pm-5:00am affair in the North. Left after a couple of hours.

yeah, big free parties really, these ones I'm referring to were around 1996 -2000 time

I was at Castlemorton, which was pretty much the death-knell for that scene as it was on the back of that that the Criminal Justice Bill was passed. Good party though :)

for me, the very best free festival time was 1984-1992 - wild 😈

5124.jpg

I iz legal innit in the 90's.

I support the illegal raves and whatever else people have to do. The world is going to hell in a hand basket so we might as well party.

Covid19's not going away. My own home province won't be doing a lockdown once the second wave hits, and it's already here. We're at 100 cases a day. They're leaving all bars and restaurants open, and letting people decide for themselves.

They can't shut down society to stop a plague. They've tried that tact for centuries and it just leads to other ills, like people going nutso from isolation.

So party on. People are gonna die anyway. Must as well die happy.

Yep, I'm a firm believer in letting Darwinian evolution do its thing.

And if the thick cunts die happy, then that's a bonus... ;)