• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol If You Drink, How Much?

hmmmm, since waking up till now just over half a bottle vodka.

I'm catching up mate. Went for a baccy and vodka run as soon as the local shop opened at 7am...

liquor bottles comes in various sizes, no? So saying your halfway through a bottle could mean something vastly different depending on the size of the bottle. Unless "bottle" refers to a specific size where you're at?

I think around here this is the three most common bottle sizes, not sure what it's like in other parts of the world

A fifth - 750ml
A liter - 1000ml (duh)
A handle - 1750ml

Then they also have smaller bottles like 350ml or even those tiny ones you find in hotel minibars or on airplanes...

I like the sound of those 'handles' though, I don't think we have an equivalent over here...

I work 1030pm-730am and no one is out or anything, so i turn to the bottle. (apparently alot of night shifters do bc of the facebok groups im in) from the age of 15-24 i was drinking 18 packs a day funneled. then i learned to relax with weed. i still drink though, and sually go through a liter of 70 proof vodka in prob 4 days

liquor bottles comes in various sizes, no? So saying your halfway through a bottle could mean something vastly different depending on the size of the bottle. Unless "bottle" refers to a specific size where you're at?

I think around here this is the three most common bottle sizes, not sure what it's like in other parts of the world

A fifth - 750ml
A liter - 1000ml (duh)
A handle - 1750ml

Then they also have smaller bottles like 350ml or even those tiny ones you find in hotel minibars or on airplanes...
When i refer to a bottle its 750ml as that is the standard measurement for all liquor. Then you obviously get the following:

200ml ( referred to as a nip )
375ml ( referred to as a halfjack )
750ml ( referred to as a bottle )
1000ml ( a litre obviously)

Thats the main stream but there are bigger ones but those are the norm asked for. Oh and when it comes to beer we have:
Cans: 340ml
Dumpies: 330ml glass bottle
Pints: use to be 375ml glass bottles but is now 330ml too but they have a deposit
Longtoms: 440ml cans
Quarts: 750ml glass bottle of beer with also a deposit

Eh, don't knock the cheap Tesco shit, that's my fuckin staple diet...
I wasn't knocking it I'm just saying the expensive/branded vodka only comes in 70cl or 1L AFAIK

My mate did one of those 1.5L to himself before in literally a few hours then passed out in the garden we rolled him on his side incase he puked then forgot he was out there and hes a proper milky bar white boy he was so sunburnt on one side and bitten by bugs on the other think he was on ants nest or something 😂😂😂

Unless I have amphetamine to do at the same time, I'll drink until I pass out or get into a fight.
Not a good drug for me. I regress into 15-year old me, angry and violent.

Unless I have amphetamine to do at the same time, I'll drink until I pass out or get into a fight.
Not a good drug for me. I regress into 15-year old me, angry and violent.
Since I started taking amphetamines i’ve had no taste for drinking at all. I used to drink a huge amount and largely be an angry or depressed asshole when I did so amps kind of saved me from booze.

Since I started taking amphetamines i’ve had no taste for drinking at all. I used to drink a huge amount and largely be an angry or depressed asshole when I did so amps kind of saved me from booze.
No, same here. I carry a beer at partiets for apperances, hehe.

Pints: use to be 375ml glass bottles but is now 330ml too but they have a deposit

Wtf kind of scam is this?!

I've always wanted to visit SA, but if they're going to sell me baby beers as pints, I'll pass.

I just got back from some sort of two day event. Feasted on loads of meat and cheese and then drank wine, gin cocktails, and pints (real ones, 500mL) as well as a bit of M.
No hangover. I'm telling ya, the serotonergic drugs always prevent a proper hangover.
I can't find my phone, think it's at my mate's but he hasn't been answering the door all day. He's almost 40.....he went all in with M, LSD, mushrooms, and the liquor so he may be sleeping still. Not like him to fuck off for a whole day, even after a two day bender.
Smoked way too much Benson and Hedges......mouth tastes like homelessness and despair.

I may even fuck off the booze for NYE and wait til my birthday in March. No, I'm defo waiting til my birthday in March once the holidays are over. Getting to the point where I think a proppa drinking event once every 5 weeks or so is plenty.

Feel weird today, like my brain's been wiped clean. I think I may be getting bored with alcohol.

By tonight or tomorrow at some point I'll have drinken 60 beers this week, or in just 8 days. That's a lot for me though

That's a lot by any measure.

That's like music festival amounts almost.
Haha I mean it's a lot for me anyway because I'm only 120lbs. I drink every week but gave up the hard stuff several years ago, so just beer now. It's a lot for me. 24 beers a week for me is usually the maximum and normally I drink a 12 pack every 7 days. I don't think that's too bad. Everything else I do is pretty healthful

No, 12 pints a week isn't bad at all. I'm not even sure that's in unhealthy territory by any medical standard.

I tend to sip whiskey and not much else.
Super rare for me to go to a bar anymore (even before COVID). I like pendleton and will essentially just sip it all day long if i'm in the mood. I may go days or even weeks between buying a bottle. I bought a case of Sierra Nevada Torpedos the other day. First time all year I drank any beer... I definitely like those real hoppy ones when I do. Got my taste for beer in Colorado so that was likely to happen.