• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol If You Drink, How Much?

@SunriseChampion bruh a pint is 568ml not 500ml.

Ok, even truer!

Yeah, our pints here are US fl oz pint and it's only 473mL but European beers and at pubs a pint is half a litre.

568 would be where it's at eh? Fuck, I'm getting scammed over here as well.

Wait, are you telling me the pint glass I got in that British Pub in a Box kit is more than 50cl?

Wait, are you telling me the pint glass I got in that British Pub in a Box kit is more than 50cl?
Hmm not sure. It probably is. I've got a feeling when you get a 'pint' in the pub it could be just 500ml, but 'pint' cans are always 568ml. The stella artois chalice glasses are 570ml i know that.
The line near the top will be 500ml with room for head

Here we get cans in 4 sizes. 330, 400(or is it 440?), 500 and 568 🤷‍♂️ 400/440 and 500 are most common

Hmm not sure. It probably is. I've got a feeling when you get a 'pint' in the pub it could be just 500ml, but 'pint' cans are always 568ml. The stella artois chalice glasses are 570ml i know that.
The line near the top will be 500ml with room for head

Yeah, that's true....every pint glass at 50cl has room at the top for more.

Here we get cans in 4 sizes. 330, 400(or is it 440?), 500 and 568 🤷‍♂️ 400/440 and 500 are most common
400?! That's a weird one.

We get the stupid wee ones that I don't even know what volume they are because I can't take them seriously....probably, 330 mL as well.
Then we get the 473mL.
And the 500mL
The weird 680mL
And then the real deal 768mL or whatever the hell volume.
And then the degen Faxe and Foster's and Heineken 1L cans.

I stick to 50cl bottles from Europe.

In Norway, I got a drink which I don't think was a pint and it was expensive; probably like 7.25USD for a Budweiser. It was the same size glass as what I've seen in American and Canadian bars. I've never been to the UK so I'm not sure what's going on there, but maybe I'll have to investigate further hehe ;)

Yeah, that was a 50cl glass then.

I haven't been to a pub in the US in over 7 years but I remember them having the same glasses that we have here: all 50cl.

I'm also one of those people that got Budweiser a lot in Canada because it tastes better. Even the bottles were better. *Shrug* Maybe they were just more fresh. It was also better in Norway and it came from a tap

Yeah, that's true....every pint glass at 50cl has room at the top for more.

400?! That's a weird one.
Yea it must be 440. Seems so stupid to make cans with just 60/68ml difference imo. What is that like a mouthful? 😂

I suppose in a 4 pack its close to a whole extra can.

I remember at one point tesco were selling 4 x 500ml stella cans for about £1 more than they were selling 4 x 568ml stella cans, the cashier actually told me "mate the pint ones are on offer for cheaper this season" so i thanked him and went and changed them.

He said it was funny how many idiots he told and they didnt care and carried on with the more expensive 500mls 🤦‍♂️
We get the stupid wee ones that I don't even know what volume they are because I can't take them seriously....probably, 330 mL as well.
Then we get the 473mL.
And the 500mL
The weird 680mL
And then the real deal 768mL or whatever the hell volume.
And then the degen Faxe and Foster's and Heineken 1L cans.

I stick to 50cl bottles from Europe.
Wow I wish we got 680/768/1L cans haha.
When I was in Bulgaria i was buying the 2.5L plastic bottles of 5.5% beer. For the UK equivalent of about £1 lol. Amazing. Like 5 cans in 1. It did get flat by the bottom unless you necked it but hey, for the price who's complaining.

I stick to my strong cider over here now, its very rare ill drink beer. I usually go for the 500/600/660ml bottles.

Its rare for us to have the 330ml beers tbh. Usually only strong IPAs come that size. Sometimes I buy a 4 pack of this stuff called LIFE & DEATH, 6.5% citrusy IPA that I mix 50/50 in a pint glass with my favorite cider Katy (7.4%..) to create a 'snakebite'.... Neck a few of those they sure get you going 😂 my mate likes to add a dash of blackcurrant (popular here) but I prefer as is.

Everything tastes nicer from a glass/glass bottle imo 🍻

Yea it must be 440. Seems so stupid to make cans with just 60/68ml difference imo. What is that like a mouthful? 😂
For a child, maybe. ;)
I remember at one point tesco were selling 4 x 500ml stella cans for about £1 more than they were selling 4 x 568ml stella cans, the cashier actually told me "mate the pint ones are on offer for cheaper this season" so i thanked him and went and changed them.
We often get that here where buying 4x 6-packs is cheaper than buying the complete flat. No idea why. I think maybe they don't sell as well so they try to push them.

When I was in Bulgaria i was buying the 2.5L plastic bottles of 5.5% beer. For the UK equivalent of about £1 lol. Amazing. Like 5 cans in 1. It did get flat by the bottom unless you necked it but hey, for the price who's complaining.
eeewww....I'm one of those twats, that no matter how bad my drinking (or dart smoking for that matter) and how much it's costing me, I always go for the quality over quantity....I can't drink out of plastic. They served us plastic Buds once at an away match in Ohio. We threw the bottles at the home supporters.

I'm one of those degens that would rather not drink than to drink on the cheap. Probably due to my alcohol-induced brain damage, but hey....if I can afford it, fuck it.

A good Negroni still tastes better than a shit one, even after ten of them. ;)

I stick to my strong cider over here now, its very rare ill drink beer. I usually go for the 500/600/660ml bottles.
I used to love cider but most of them are too sweet. Added sugar and all.

Its rare for us to have the 330ml beers tbh. Usually only strong IPAs come that size. Sometimes I buy a 4 pack of this stuff called LIFE & DEATH, 6.5% citrusy IPA that I mix 50/50 in a pint glass with my favorite cider Katy (7.4%..) to create a 'snakebite'.... Neck a few of those they sure get you going 😂 my mate likes to add a dash of blackcurrant (popular here) but I prefer as is.
You degens put Ribena in your booze?!?!?!

Fuck me, why? hahahaha

Everything tastes nicer from a glass/glass bottle imo 🍻
Fucking rights! 🍻🍺🥂🍷🥃🍸🍹

(actually, that last one doesn't look like anything I'd ever drink but)

For a child, maybe. ;)
😂
We often get that here where buying 4x 6-packs is cheaper than buying the complete flat. No idea why. I think maybe they don't sell as well so they try to push them.
Gotta be marketing
eeewww....I'm one of those twats, that no matter how bad my drinking (or dart smoking for that matter) and how much it's costing me, I always go for the quality over quantity....I can't drink out of plastic.
Ive had many skint nights when i was younger where Ive opted for a £3, 3L plastic bottle of 7.5% white ace or frosty jacks, omega, carbon white etc, proper nasty white cider. Chemical shit. Gets you fucking hammered but will give u savage gut rot and hangover lol
Depends how badly you wana get pissed 🤷‍♂️
They served us plastic Buds once at an away match in Ohio. We threw the bottles at the home supporters.
😂😂😂
I'm one of those degens that would rather not drink than to drink on the cheap. Probably due to my alcohol-induced brain damage, but hey....if I can afford it, fuck it.
I'm kinda like that now. Won't drink unless I have money for a certain brand/amount. Like if I go to a shop and there's no Katys, I'll walk half n hour to the next one. Unless I'm in a really bad mood or already hammered.
And if i can only afford a few bottles, whats the point? Go hard or go home.
You degens put Ribena in your booze?!?!?!

Fuck me, why? hahahaha
I dont but plenty of mugs do 😂 if I'm putting anything in my cider I put a dash of real lemon juice but thats very rare, only when dining and lemon juice is on the table already. Blackcurrant in cider makes me want to puke, like you said, its sweet enough ffs

Ive had many skint nights when i was younger where Ive opted for a £3, 3L plastic bottle of 7.5% white ace or frosty jacks, omega, carbon white etc, proper nasty white cider. Chemical shit. Gets you fucking hammered but will give u savage gut rot and hangover lol
Yeah, I used to have some interesting moments when I was a youth still. Used to drink Vex which is a vodka cooler. Also used to drink 3L bottles (glass though) of a shitty California wine called Carlo Rossi. Had a handle on it. Used to pound that when tripping on LSD. Always saw space in the bottle.

Don't touch any of that bunk shit these days. The sweet stuff will give you the worst hangovers, as you say, and doesn't even taste good, let's be real.

Depends how badly you wana get pissed 🤷‍♂️
Never enough these days. I drink half the time for the taste. Bitter cocktails like Negronis and Hanky Pankys and dry red wine.....and pints, of course, but nice bitter beers for the most part.
I'm kinda like that now. Won't drink unless I have money for a certain brand/amount. Like if I go to a shop and there's no Katys, I'll walk half n hour to the next one. Unless I'm in a really bad mood or already hammered.
And if i can only afford a few bottles, whats the point? Go hard or go home.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Indeed, no point in trying to get by on a couple of pints.

I dont but plenty of mugs do 😂 if I'm putting anything in my cider I put a dash of real lemon juice but thats very rare, only when dining and lemon juice is on the table already. Blackcurrant in cider makes me want to puke, like you said, its sweet enough ffs
Interesting, never heard of that one either.

I like dashing Angostura in various drinks, but would never throw it into a pint.

Angostura and tonic is decent. Went through a Cuban resort's full stash of Angostura that one trip when I almost died there.

I started drinking multiple times a week after I had to stop smoking pot 6 months ago. There was a stage were I wouldnt drink much water then go to bed, wasnt unusual for me to be hung over at work and I eventually got used to it.

In the last 2 months, I've been drinking a bottle of red wine(8 standard drinks) every night or every second night and have a cup of water after each glass and generally try to have food in my stomach before I start drinking.

Never mind the health problems caused from daily heavy drinking, its ruined the relationship with my ex partner, I've lost relationships over it, I generally lose control of myself and any negative thoughts or feelings I've had in the past get amplified and I become extremely aggressive. I wake up the next day with huge regret.

I tell myself I need to stop drinking, but then later in the day I'll be down the road buying another bottle.

@SunriseChampion I've never heard of vax, rossi, angostura, nergronis or hanky pankys haha.
I'll drink a red wine at the table with beef or lamb (but I'd rather have a flat/scrumpy cider tbh). Or if I'm on a bender and a girl has passed out with half a bottle of red left and I'm all dried up and the shops are shut, but those are literally the only times.
I'll probably appreciate it more when I'm older, or so I'm told anyway lol (I'm 33 but probably about 18 mentally)

I generally lose control of myself and any negative thoughts or feelings I've had in the past get amplified and I become extremely aggressive. I wake up the next day with huge regret.

I tell myself I need to stop drinking, but then later in the day I'll be down the road buying another bottle.
Here here

Never mind the health problems caused from daily heavy drinking, its ruined the relationship with my ex partner, I've lost relationships over it, I generally lose control of myself and any negative thoughts or feelings I've had in the past get amplified and I become extremely aggressive. I wake up the next day with huge regret.

Have you tried stopping?

Like you, I really started heavy drinking as a replacement for a different drug....meth in my case.
I usually feel ok after my drinking, but some days I do feel a bit regretful when I wake up and that leads me to cut down over the long term. I haven't messed any relationships up and I most defo don't get aggressive when drunk.

My biggest problem is that drinking is the biggest influence on my continued suicidal ideation. As in, most mornings when I wake up and start thinking suicide, it's because I had drank the day/night before.

It's a weird one now, feels a bit like playing with fire but I'm so over it for years now that it doesn't really bother me much. Just probably should be a reason for me to settle down a bit.

@SunriseChampion I've never heard of vax, rossi, angostura, nergronis or hanky pankys haha.
You what?! You don't know what a Negroni is?!
Or Angostura?!

Vex is forgivable as it's just a bullshit vodka cooler and I think Hanky Pankys may have been invented by a Canadian gin distillery and Carlo Rossi is trash, but Angostura is a bitters and a world-wide famous name...or so I thought. It's defo sold in the UK as it's by appointment to HM.
Negroni is a gin cocktail made with gin, vermouth, and Campari.
Hanky Panky is gin, vermouth, and Fernet Branca.

I'll drink a red wine at the table with beef or lamb (but I'd rather have a flat/scrumpy cider tbh). Or if I'm on a bender and a girl has passed out with half a bottle of red left and I'm all dried up and the shops are shut, but those are literally the only times.
Atta boy! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'll probably appreciate it more when I'm older, or so I'm told anyway lol (I'm 33 but probably about 18 mentally)

Nah, I'm 35 and have thoroughly been enjoying wine for at least 15 years....though, if you're psychologically stuck at 18....give yourself a boost to mentally at 20 and it may kick in.

@SunriseChampion ah see I don't fuck with gin any more, when i was about 20 i went through a phase of drinking it every weekend, usually Gordons, with Fanta ice lemon 🤢 until one night i did nearly 2 x 70cl bottles to myself and I was so fucking ill the next day, put me right off, to this day I still can't even drink Fanta lemon without tasting gin and feeling like I'm gona puke lol.
Never really been big on cocktails tbh.
Vodka and cranberry is alright if the vodka is decent, or vodka cranberry and lemonade, but id much rather have rum (spiced usually) and lemonade 👌
One of my exs used to drink something called a white Russian, pretty sure its vodka, bailey's and milk. Fuckin disgusting lol

I'll keep my eye out for Angostura 👍

@SunriseChampion ah see I don't fuck with gin any more, when i was about 20 i went through a phase of drinking it every weekend, usually Gordons, with Fanta ice lemon 🤢 until one night i did nearly 2 x 70cl bottles to myself and I was so fucking ill the next day, put me right off, to this day I still can't even drink Fanta lemon without tasting gin and feeling like I'm gona puke lol.
Well, fuck, it was Gordon's....that shit makes me sick just looking at it! ;)

Yeah, I feel ya though. I put myself off rum for years after a night in uni when I took my rum sipping tumbler style too far. Couldn't even look at it without gagging for years afterwards.

Never really been big on cocktails tbh.
Vodka and cranberry is alright if the vodka is decent, or vodka cranberry and lemonade, but id much rather have rum (spiced usually) and lemonade 👌
One of my exs used to drink something called a white Russian, pretty sure its vodka, bailey's and milk. Fuckin disgusting lol
White Russians sound gross. Never had one, don't want to. Will stick with my psychotics only bitter cocktails.

I'll keep my eye out for Angostura 👍
They sell it in supermarkets here even where spirits are not sold. Only beer and wine is sold in supermarkets here but Angostura has always been sold as a food additive even though it's 45%/vol. bitters. Small bottle though...only 10cl