• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Ideas on how to make life more interesting

Has there now?

Great example of many that pissed me off, in the Elder of Scrolls series, Morrowind was one of my favorite games of all time. Then when I saw how they just made it so you could travel willy nilly in later games I checked out immediately, like come the fuck on man lol.

-GC
Skyrim"Scrolls of the Elder"was great.So called"open world games" like this,far cry or stalker are one of my favourites.

Shave your leg hair, except keep a soul patch for your knees.

Tell your parents you married a ghost. And then keep the lie alive for the rest of your life.

Yeah, going outside and finding adventures is the best idea.

hide a walkie talkie in the bushes and scream at passerby`s or hmmmmm, go to a pet store and get some bird seed, and ask the owner how long it will take for the birds to grow, oh i know, this is a favorite past time, fill up a windex bottle with blue gatorade and sit in the mall(i like to sit in front of Victorias secret) and drink it like you're the most interesting man in the world.Perhaps, ask for a happy meal , with extra happy, or walk around with your I.D asking people have you seen this man? always wishing you the best polar

on the note of shaving... do invest in a good set of clippers gels/balm/cream lotions whatever work for you. my previous cheap ass clippers fucking sucked, i asked my barber for a rec, and went with his advice... previous one and the pos nose hair trimmer pales in comparison to this one. shaving is kinda annoying , but with the right tools i kinda enjoy it . there really is nothing like a shorn scrotum , it's breathtaking... i suggest you try it.

Definitely get involved in a hobby. Think of something you have always been interested in or wanted to do, and pursue it. Generally that means creating something, be it art, music, model airplanes, whatever. Another option is to learn something deeply. Personally I love spending time in nature. I go hiking a lot, and I downloaded an app (for free) called Seek, by iNaturalist. You can identify plants with your phone and sort of like Pokemon, "collect" your observations. You can learn a lot about plants (and animals, insects, and fungi). It also doubles as photography, which is a very interesting pursuit.

Activities that engage your mind make your life much more interesting and exciting.

Also I spend a lot of time reading. It's way more engaging than watching TV/movies. I mostly enjoy good epic fantasy, large, multi-volume stories. Good epic fantasy sort of wraps philosophy, anthropology, sociology/psychology, ethics, and entertaining stories and character development into one thing. A lot of the time, my favorite part of the day is the hour or two or three I spend reading in bed before I go to sleep. If you're interested I have a ton of recommendations for the best authors and series.

Also spending time with other people makes life extremely more interesting than hanging out by yourself or just with a romantic partner. Especially if you share hobbies. Getting involved in a hobby is a great way to make friends, too.

I kind of just watch netflix all day, and workout regularly, I really need more things to do. I’m bored a lot.

The lounge probably isn’t the right place to put this, I’d like this thread to be atleast semi serious

I watch YouTube all day (I don't have a landline and I'm reliant on mobile broadband so my downloads are very limited).

I find channels on things I'm interested in and learn. For me it's Philosophy, Psychology, Literature, Art, Theology, Mythology.. I've probably done the equivalent of an Arts degree in the last three years ☺️

Channels like these are my favourites:

My life's a bore, and I'm tired to find everyday new ways of making it interesting. I liked to read, I like invent stories, I like to go on walks with my dogs, I redecorated my space almost once a year, if not moving to another. I got on buses I had no need to use just to see where they'd take me. I traveled a lot. My resumee is as colorful as the people I met on my run away from a "normal boring life". I even got myself in jail for some stupid tax stuff - what an exciting experience!
I lived through all kinds of situations, never letting a chance at excitement pass, yet I was always careful, and seldom did stupid stuff.

Now that's all in the past. Things happened which aren't blockbuster-dramatic, but they all happened during a very short period of time. And then Covid but, and the lockdown were okay because as my mom says, I have a "rich inner life" and I'm not too much into hanging out with people in general.

Now I feel I'm trapped, I have a job that doesn't pay too much but gives me some freedom. I hate it because it doesn't satisfy me. I live alone because I lost trust in people, and most of them are boring anyway with all their stupid worries about what to cook for dinner, and which shower curtain to buy. Everybody seems unable to exist without their cell phones, everybody is either busy or trying to get along with their families, and sorry, no time to do fun stuff.
I lost interest in much of what I enjoyed doing, still I don't feel deoressed, not really. I can still have a blast in my own head, only it's getting harder and almost impossible outside of my own head.

I have no problem finding things to do and then doing them. It's just that they don't give me the satisfaction I crave for.

I want my dopamines and endorphins back!

Don't like people?
Get a dog.
I don't like people and I have two dogs.
Dogs help a lot in terms of motivation to go out.
Unfortunately they also attract people, unfortunately not only the good, fun and friendly ones.

I downloaded an app (for free) called Seek, by iNaturalist. You can identify plants with your phone and sort of like Pokemon, "collect" your observations. You can learn a lot about plants (and animals, insects, and fungi). It also doubles as photography, which is a very interesting pursuit.
This sounds interesting. Will try to find it (though I prefer to go out without my phone, but what the heck)