• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Ideas on how to make life more interesting

Well my favorites was Tomb Raider,Hitman,Far cry,Silent hill,Metro,Alien vs Predator....not played from years....was nice with a joint....but is addiction too,not so bad like hard drugs or gambling,but its not so innocence....especialy for youngs,which must go sporting in freetime instead of gazing in da screen and hits da buttons
Tomb Raider was good fun actually.

Games, like anything, can become addicting and a problem. I used to play non-stop when I was a kid, do I regret it a bit looking back? Kind of.. That said I also have many fond memories too.

I think the problem is kids got too many options these days. When I was a kid games were actually difficult and made you think/try, which would eventually wind you up to the point of saying fuck it when stuck on a hard part and go outside or something. Nowadays there’s no difficulty to the games, they’re tailored to be as addicting and “binge worthy” as possible.

The darkness seeping into our culture is a whole different issue.

I still occasionally enjoy them but I think the psychedelics made them a lot less fun than they used to be. Life’s short and I’d rather spend my time working on things important to me in this reality, not some make believe one.

-GC

Life’s short and I’d rather spend my time working on things important to me in this reality, not some make believe one.

-GC

Idk, I'm kind of looking forward to pillaging peoples entire villages in the Metaverse.

There has been a resurgence of brutally difficult games like those of yesteryear.

Has there now?

Great example of many that pissed me off, in the Elder of Scrolls series, Morrowind was one of my favorite games of all time. Then when I saw how they just made it so you could travel willy nilly in later games I checked out immediately, like come the fuck on man lol.

-GC

G_Chem said:
I think the problem is kids got too many options these days.

Same problem with streaming services and the internet, in general. Back in the day you used to actually have to get off your ass and go to the video store. Now we have every movie ever made at our fingertips 24/7. It's not good.

If I had a room full of drugs in my house it would be much harder to quit.

Children's entertainment these days isn't designed around ideas or education. It's all about hypnotizing children with stimuli. There is little substance.

G_Chem said:
Has there now?

Yep. Since the immense popularity of the Dark Souls series... but it's mostly indie games that are brutally hard. Most AAA developers don't take chances.

Why don't you switch off your television and do something less boring instead.

Anyone else remember this bollocks?

Ironically, many of my generation were glued to the televisions that they encouraged us to turn off, and the crap they touted as an alternative was more mindnumbingly boring than 70s TV.

20e3a133779a30ec5d6eda4c17d51ea0.gif

I kind of just watch netflix all day, and workout regularly, I really need more things to do. I’m bored a lot.

The lounge probably isn’t the right place to put this, I’d like this thread to be atleast semi serious

Ever read The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart? Basically the main character decides to let a roll of dice make ALL his decisions for him.
Like, if you need to make a decision:

Roll a 1 or 2: X option
Roll a 3 or 4: Y option
Roll a 5 or 6: Z option

^that's a rudimentary version. You can have less options, more options, use more than one dice, or a dice with a different number of sides, you don't have to make the odds of each outcome equal etc....it's an idea.

Or, try to just say "yes" to everything.

The very first game I helped develop we changed the color of the blood in the game from red to green and to get our ESRB rating down from a "Mature" to a T for "Teen". This helped produce more sales.

Wasn't that boring?