• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I want to tell my parents i smoke but don't know how..

I'd say tell them. It's your life. You can what you want with it. I understand where your coming from. My parents are pricks too. They probably know nothing about Cannabis, so what I think you should do is, if you don't know anything about the plant or it's medical values and therapeutic values I'd read up on them so you have an counter attack to throw at them when they try saying it's a terrible drug when it's not. Fuck everyone else who is hating on you. Parents need to show there kids respect just like kids show your parents respect. It can't be kids just respecting there parents just because they made them and can treat them like shit, fuck that. Do what ya kid. You only live once, live it how you see it. One love.

I'd say tell them. It's your life. You can what you want with it. I understand where your coming from. My parents are pricks too. They probably know nothing about Cannabis, so what I think you should do is, if you don't know anything about the plant or it's medical values and therapeutic values I'd read up on them so you have an counter attack to throw at them when they try saying it's a terrible drug when it's not. Fuck everyone else who is hating on you. Parents need to show there kids respect just like kids show your parents respect. It can't be kids just respecting there parents just because they made them and can treat them like shit, fuck that. Do what ya kid. You only live once, live it how you see it. One love.

How old are you iSTONED?

I'm also replying to the original poster, not that 13 year old kid stealing the thread.

is their house but honestly i don't give a fuck they don't treat me like parents should.

And i can't move out, last time i moved out they called the cops and a search party showed up at my best friends house and i was taken home by force.

Taken home by force when you moved out? You sure that you didn't throw a tantrum and went to your friends house, not telling your parents and them calling the cops on you?

Grow up man. Your parents probably love you to death, they're probably not nazi's, especially if you can smoke cigs in your room. Wait until you grow up, maybe you won't even want to smoke pot after a while and you'll only create bad vibes in the household for nothing.

Seriously: have some respect. I'm sorry, but I am so sick of seeing kids with this sort of attitude towards people that love them and keep them clothed, fed and housed.

Stop being so selfish. You only want to tell your parents to save yourself from going for a quick walk to smoke. It's unfair that you want to transfer the stress over to them.

You choose to engage in something that parents are rightfully worried about, especially at your age (I'm assuming you're quite young), so you deal with the B.S that comes with it. Even if your parents educate themselves on marijuana and the positive aspects of it, there is still the worry that you are engaging in illegal activity and you may be caught and charged.

Don't put this on them, parents generally have it hard enough as it is. Grow up, and get your attitude in check.

don't tell them, you may be sitting there thinking "weed is great it's from god it's natural" or whatever but your parents won't see it that way at all, it's a DRUG and stoners are lazy and fail out of school (that's the stereotype anyway and often times true.)

You can't teach old dogs new tricks, you have to learn how to roll jays and smoke them in a secluded area besides your house. I advise you telling them you smoke it when you move out and like a lot of other people have said treat your parents with respect instead of rebellion.

If they are very anti-drug, then you should probably not tell them. Just smoke outside or when they're not home, until you get a place of your own.

Or, you could be baller as fuck and just walk into a room with them, take a huge bong rip, and blow the smoke in their faces.

well since you parents didnt trip when you told them it was a cig that means they are very uneducated on the topic and are prolly the kind of poeple that would be more alright with you drinking than smoking

Best Thing to do is to actually sit em down show some fact pages about weed and how harmless it is. I'm 17 and my mom lets me blaze in the house everyday even 5 times a day if i want. But i respect her rules on drinking and smoking cigs, i've gotten drunk 3 times and havent smoked one cig.

There is no easy to say it, hell my mom was pisssed when she found out to, all you can do is make sure they know the facts cuz once they do i gaurantee they'll be fine with smokin kush, just tell you'll never smoke cigs. But seriously retards smoke cigs, dont be them

if you are still in high school maybe try to work out an agreement where so long as you attain a certain GPA then they will ease off on the issue. Never going to be allowed to smoke in the house or flaunt it around, but if you dont do anything stupid and dont fail out of school they might not bother you

Probably not what your looking for :\

Firstly, why would you want to tell them? That was the last thing I wanted to tell my parents.

Secondly, I don't wish to sound like a condescending prick, but you sound quite young & probably going through some teenage rebellion stage. When you live in their house you abide by their rules & they have every right to be pissed off at you if they found out.

You call them NAZI's, but I doubt they goose-step around the kitchen in full Third Reich uniforms.
When you get your own place you can smoke yourself stupid, but until then show a little respect for the people who fund the roof over your head.

LOL i cant stop laughing at the bold part

It took me nearly 2 years to convince my mom that smoking weed doesn't impact my life in a negative way. A lot of information and learning went in on her part. At first she was devastated, she is a very worrying mother. Now that I am older and living on my own, that doesn't matter, but I try to keep a close relationship to my parents and be open about my everyday life.

If you feel the need to tell them, do so, but be prepared to be greeted with hesitation and consequences. Or you could hide it from them like most pot smokers. They won't ever agree to it, but they may come to accept it if you can show them you are responsible.

^ This pretty much.

My mother knows everything to do, it bothers her, but it's a good way for me to show her not to worry so much. That I can do drugs and still go to Uni, and do everything I need to do. As a result of being open with her, and her being accepting of my behaviour, we have a better relationship than ever.
She doesn't use any drugs, but I'll still smoke a few bongs out the back in her company, or even tell her "By the way, I was planning on dropping some acid in like an hour" although she's not so tolerant of the latter, as she doesn't really understand much about it. I've pulled back from unnecessarily discussing the things she doesn't understand, it has the opposite effect and makes her worry more.

I consider it as mutual respect, she knows when I'm doing the drugs, exactly what I'm doing and when, so she doesn't have to imagine me shooting smack somewhere in an alley and give herself a heart attack, and in return she doesn't make my life unnecessarily difficult for choosing to use drugs.

My Dad however, used to use all these drugs and then some, and in fear of me making the same mistakes he did adopts a very different attitude, and unfortunately this has just made our relationship far more strained (OOoh get it?!)8)}

I guess the point is, everyone's parents are totally different. You have do what's right for your parents. I used to stock up on very large amounts of weed, but when the 4 ounces of Jack Herer I had stunk my whole fucking house out, and I mean every square inch of it, I learned there were indeed limits to how far I could push my somewhat drug use tolerant family.

Funnily enough through experimentation with psychedelics I was able to come to the conclusion, that my behavior and choices impacts my parents as well, and I'm not the only person in the house whose opinions matters. Sometimes you have to put your own thoughts and feelings aside to see the big picture, especially when you're a teenager and your whole life revolves around yourself, and establishing your identity within this big bad world.

You need some sort of mutual respect OP, perhaps you can respect your parents wishes to not smoke in their house, but at the same time politely ask them to explain why they feel so strongly about it, and perhaps have an adult discussion about the issue. Once my parents got over the shock horror of my baby is on drugs, we were able to discuss it like human beings instead of emotionally rabid animals.

If you can't smoke, an alternative is baked goods or oral. Extract your bud into ethanol and then use it sublingually/orally and you can still get high without the smoke.

Don't wait till your caught, just be open with them and tell them. But at the same time if your living under their roof and get an answer you don't like you need to respect the response you get.

Most of the time parents know what's going on, it's pretty obvious if you're baked. If you feel like you have to hide it from them then it keeps your use in check, if I had kids I would make them at least put in a bit of effort.
Also when my parents found out that I smoked cigs they were disappointed but I didn't get in trouble they were just sorry I was addicted, so it's not always an ignorance thing, they no that if yelling helped everyone would be lining up.
That said the whole "this is amazing and I want my parents to know what a positive impact it's made on my life" thing... take it from someone who's been there when I was younger, living in my own house, with my own money, holding down a shitty job and going to uni. I tried to tell mum that she totally panicked, told dad they wanted to send me to rehab and shit... it was a long time before I could have any sort of relationship with them. That was acid though so different story "what's next heroin!???"
Keep things to yourself. Parents don't want to know.

It seems such a hard thing to tell your parents that you've been smoking, at the time that is. Just hope you never have to tell your parents about any other bad habits you may pick up later in life. Smoking pales in comparison.

Secondly, I don't wish to sound like a condescending prick, but you sound quite young & probably going through some teenage rebellion stage. When you live in their house you abide by their rules & they have every right to be pissed off at you if they found out.

ya dude. Its not your house. Its theirs. Its an illegal activity-- and even if it wasn't, its still not up to you.

Honestly, no disrespect toward the above posters intended, but -- fuck this attitude. Anyone above the age of 13 or 14 should be able to do whatever they want to their own body. Teenage years represent a beautiful time of life, and they shouldn't be stifled by parental overlording. The popular Western notion that our freedom shouldn't come until the age of 21 is a little ridiculous, IMO.