• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I want to tell my parents i smoke but don't know how..

When you get older, you will probably be grateful to them not letting you use drugs everyday or in a routine. This will just help you learn that drugs should be use in a "party" kinda ambiance and shouldn't be used daily.

i say don't tell them. respect your parent's opinion (no matter how painful it may be) until you're out of their hair.

if you tell them and they react badly it's going to be much worse than when they didn't know you smoked. it'll do the exact opposite of what you're planning and they'll be all over you instead of leaving you alone like you think.

act like you're the best little kid parents could ask for and blaze the shit out of yourself behind their backs.

telling them is not something i'd do.

telling them that you are gonna smoke, and your not gonna change seems to me like it would piss just about anybody's parents off. i say dont do it

Its your parents house, what they say goes....

When you tell them, if they are as nazi as you say expect for them to be a lot more watchful and possibly go through your room and whatnot....

But on the bright side, worse things can happen than your parents finding out about you smoking pot. My cousin told my entire dads side of the family that me and my sister dropped acid the day before thanksgiving last year. That was a clusterfuck....

When my parents found out i was smoking, i got checked out of school and walked into a destroyed room... literally my bed was upside down, drawers were pulled out and scattered on the floor. I was like "well fuck, if you had just asked me to hand over the paraphernalia i would have, no need to tear my room to shit"

You should respect your parents wishes, but i just kept on smoking anyways....

If you do decide to make the rather bad idea of telling them a reality, i would go about it with simple facts that it is not as harmful as above the influence commercials would have you believe, certainly not as harmful as other things you could be doing like drinking.....

I consider myself a master of bullshit.... If you argue a point well enough and convoluted everything, it doesn't always matter if your even right or not.

Tweak: I know you don't want to hear this but telling them is a bad idea.

If you're worried about their reaction when you say that you smoke herb don't tell them.

You know them better than we do and even you said how they're not going to take it well or be happy with you and it will just get you into major trouble and destroy their trust in you.

You said how they are Anti-drug so they're not going to say something like, "Oh it's cool that you blaze in your room, shit give me some next time you do!"

They probably already know that you smoke since you said how you got caught. You may think that you are BSing them or that you weaseled your way out of it but if you smoke in your room they probably know it.

Just keep it on the down low while living with them and wait until you're an adult and living away from them to tell them if you really want to.

Seriously I know people who did tell their parents that they blazed as a teenager and their parents forced them to take drug tests and go to rehab.

why don't u burn down their house and say u accidentally did it when u were smokin weed in your room. that'll let them know you're serious about smokin weed, damnit.

I understand you want them to know so it's off your chest and they're off your back, but from the sounds of it, it won't turn out like that. It seems like your parents would flip shit and make your life more of a living hell. Maybe they don't treat you like you think parents should, but like other people said, it is their house and their rules. You have to remember pot is still illegal and some people think of it as a terrible drug that will ruin their childrens lives, and most parents will do anything to protect them.

My advice to you is to keep it on the down low. They don't need to know.
Happy smoking :)

Dude... they ain't going to understand, they ain't going to listen.
It's not worth it. Hide, be sly about it as much as possible. There will come a day when they find out, but let it be peaceful before that awful day, because it's likely you will be treated very differently and there will be little peace + much tension when you come in high.

And also, you might not want to, but I think telling us your actual age might make it easier for people to answer the question.
(and if you already have, sorry, I didn't read all the replies)

It took me nearly 2 years to convince my mom that smoking weed doesn't impact my life in a negative way. A lot of information and learning went in on her part. At first she was devastated, she is a very worrying mother. Now that I am older and living on my own, that doesn't matter, but I try to keep a close relationship to my parents and be open about my everyday life.

If you feel the need to tell them, do so, but be prepared to be greeted with hesitation and consequences. Or you could hide it from them like most pot smokers. They won't ever agree to it, but they may come to accept it if you can show them you are responsible.

I know exactly how you feel dude. I used to wish my parents would just figure it out so I wouldn't have the hide it. The way I saw it, it's who I am, I wanted them to just accept it, 'cause bud was and is a big part of my life.

My parents sort of figured it out from my sister and brother telling them stories of when they blazed me when I was younger, just to joke around (siblings have a strange sense of humour, eh?) 'til she sorta figured out I still smoked it.

Once I was pretty sure they already knew I put some blunt wraps on my wall and now I'm just open about it. It's easier 'cause I don't have to hide it anymore. I mean I don't think they're cool with it, but they went through this with my brother and sister before me, so I think they eased them up a bit. Your mileage may certainly vary.

They still occasionally make comments if I come home completely blitzed and danking but they don't pull that "YOU'RE GROUNDED! YOU HAVE TO QUIT! YOU'RE THROWING YOUR LIFE AWAY!" bullshit.

Smoking cigarettes is a different story. ugh I hate lectures.

The way I see it, everyone's parents are different, so your mom may not be quite as cool with it. If once she sorta figures it out you can show that you're still a hardworking individual, still doing good in school (assuming you are currently) and whatnot, you can try and stress that it doesn't have a negative impact on your life and that you can control it or whatever.

why don't u burn down their house and say u accidentally did it when u were smokin weed in your room. that'll let them know you're serious about smokin weed, damnit.

lmao, funniest thing I've read all day on here.

But yeah, like most of the people on here have already stated, it is their house, you abide by their rules. You living with them and them providing for you is a luxury, not a privilege. Of course I learned all of this the hard way, and my drug usage was found out by my carelessness which I now deeply regret. By all means, keep that shit to yourself dude. Once they know you smoke weed, they will be suspicious of EVERYTHING ELSE. Acting funny? Oh you must be high..what is it today?..heroin? :|

Just keep yo' mouth shut bro and you'll be set. Go smoke out in the woods or some shit where no one is at and make sure you don't smell like weed on your way back in because IME I really can't smell weed on myself once I'm high, or in my apartment for that matter, until I'm sober once again and find myself saying, wow, it stinks nice in here!

Don't tell them. My parents are the same way and they think i've only sipped a beer once. I don't tell my mom shit, if i know i'm coming home baked, or drunk i just chill for a min outside then walk in and avoid them. I'm a bit older so i don't have to deal with that crap anymore but yeah Don't tell em anything lol.

Tweak: I know you don't want to hear this but telling them is a bad idea.

If you're worried about their reaction when you say that you smoke herb don't tell them.

You know them better than we do and even you said how they're not going to take it well or be happy with you and it will just get you into major trouble and destroy their trust in you.

You said how they are Anti-drug so they're not going to say something like, "Oh it's cool that you blaze in your room, shit give me some next time you do!"

They probably already know that you smoke since you said how you got caught. You may think that you are BSing them or that you weaseled your way out of it but if you smoke in your room they probably know it.

Just keep it on the down low while living with them and wait until you're an adult and living away from them to tell them if you really want to.

Seriously I know people who did tell their parents that they blazed as a teenager and their parents forced them to take drug tests and go to rehab.

Light up a fat nug and Just ask em if they want to smoke with you. Thats what I did with my POP and he smokes with us all the time now=D

If you're going to tell them, hide it for a few months then bring home a straight-A report card and tell them that you're been smoking everyday the whole time.

If you study high, take the tests high. If you study sober, take the test sober. If your parents see that pot is not negatively affecting you, they are less likely to be opposed to it. Maybe get a job too. If all that is worth you continuing to smoke, plus you'll have more money for weed

Im 13 and i smoke and drink, im in residential care because of my behaviour and i need to tell my parents i smoke.
i already thnk my parent know i smoke cause the care staff whee i live might of phoned them and told them but i have being caught once and im not even aloud out the care home for a fag so i need to say im going to the shop but i get searched when i get home for fags so i ned to hide them in my boxers cause there not aloud to touch there haha.

so if anyone has any ideas on how i can tell my parents that i have started smoking please HELP!! :)

Im 13 and i smoke and drink, im in residential care because of my behaviour and i need to tell my parents i smoke.
i already thnk my parent know i smoke cause the care staff whee i live might of phoned them and told them but i have being caught once and im not even aloud out the care home for a fag so i need to say im going to the shop but i get searched when i get home for fags so i ned to hide them in my boxers cause there not aloud to touch there haha.

so if anyone has any ideas on how i can tell my parents that i have started smoking please HELP!! :)

I would say you've got bigger problems than needing to tell your parents you smoke.

If you're 13, I'd at least wait a few years. That's pretty young for anyone to start smoking, and by the way you make your parents out they're probably going to be pretty upset.

I remember the first few times growing up that I got caught... Some of the most intense yellings I've suffered through haha, my parents never grounded me I would just get these super intense in your face scream fights. Over time they loosened up, and at around age 16 they finally gave up, and it was a good decision. I'm so incredibly open with my parents about everything now, even things that aren't drug related. They decided it was better to let me do what I do at home instead of running around town getting in trouble, and it worked. I've still never had any marijuana related offense, mainly because I always would just smoke at home and hang out there.

Now that I'm moved out of my parents house and doing my own thing, they are fully aware I still smoke and are OK with it. It's a lifestyle choice, I'm in college and I've been keeping my grades up. I've been able to hold my crappy job on the side. As long as you're at an appropriate age and got your stuff together, what can they really say? As long as it's not getting in the way of you living a normal, happy, productive life I don't understand why people still judge you. It's too bad.