• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I want to tell my parents i smoke but don't know how..

Tweeked|For|42O

Bluelighter
I don't know if this is in the right thread, but if it's not sorry im new to BlueLight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

MY PROBLEM:

I love to smoke weed and I try to smoke everyday i've been caught once but i sorda weaseled my way out of it. I can't smoke in my room anymore because i got caught doing that and said it was a cig. But i wanna be able to tell my parents

"This is what I do, and it's not going to change."

But i can't think of a way to say it plus my parents are NAZI'S and honestly im scared of the reaction i might get.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My mom is the one who caught me the first time and to my understanding my dad has never found out. So if i was to just bring it up it would be to my mom.

What would I say to her?
How would I bring it up?
And if she reacts negatively how should i respond?

And should i tell just my mom or should i come clean to both them at the same time.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Also should I wait if I get caught to come clean or just be open with it?

Both my parents are very ANTI-DRUG and like super good children. So hopefully i get some legit responses.

I was actually thinking of just waiting to get caught and then just acting like who give a fuck anymore and then they might just mellow out about it but idk.

Just give me some responses on what you think.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Blaze On.

But i can't think of a way to say it plus my parents are NAZI'S and honestly im scared of the reaction i might get.

I was actually thinking of just waiting to get caught and then just acting like who give a fuck anymore and then they might just mellow out about it but idk.

Probably not what your looking for :\

Firstly, why would you want to tell them? That was the last thing I wanted to tell my parents.

Secondly, I don't wish to sound like a condescending prick, but you sound quite young & probably going through some teenage rebellion stage. When you live in their house you abide by their rules & they have every right to be pissed off at you if they found out.

You call them NAZI's, but I doubt they goose-step around the kitchen in full Third Reich uniforms. When you get your own place you can smoke yourself stupid, but until then show a little respect for the people who fund the roof over your head.

ya dude. Its not your house. Its theirs. Its an illegal activity-- and even if it wasn't, its still not up to you.

Be a big boy, and move out, or respect them enough to do it elsewhere.

Wow okay so i just wanted to tell them so they would leave me alone, and sure it

is their house but honestly i don't give a fuck they don't treat me like parents should.

And i can't move out, last time i moved out they called the cops and a search party showed up at my best friends house and i was taken home by force.

So before you assume im in some teen rebellion or something know whats going on

because i've dealt with their shit for to long. Plus i hate the paranoid feeling i get about them finding out and i just wanna tell them so they know.

--> moving from Second Opinion to Homeless Threads d/t drug nature of the question...

jeez, the moderators on here aren't very cheery today...

while i agree that it probably wouldn't be the best idea to tell your anti-drug parents that you smoke weed in their house, i understand why you would want to. My *shudder* mother sent me to endless counselling sessions when she caught me taking DXM.

Tell your mum, or whichever one you think would be more understanding, your point of view on the situation (eg, you smoking pot being your choice, you not going to change, etc). You should also try and stress how they should 'accept' your smoking habits.

PS from experience, try and refrain from smoking at your house... maybe try going for a walk and blazing at a nearby park or secluded area close by. and always deodorize ;)

if i was you ..... and are dead set on bring it up.......... bring it up jokingly and be like ya i smoke weed all the time in my bedroom, and see how they react and if it goes bad then be like i was just kidding, and see how that goes.

Best of luck

OP, you seem pretty young, and coming from experience, try to get out of the smoking pot everyday habit. You say you love it, but soon your pockets and brain will start to suffer --- there are a lot of us on here who actually do struggle with our pot usage. Stop the everyday use now.

Plus, it's your parents house. If they don't want it in their house, regardless of how they treat you, they are preventing you from living on the street, and you should respect their wishes. My roommate is from Japan, and I'm American and I make sure I take my shoes off at the bamboo mat at the entrance to my house --- we both respect each other's wishes. It should be a given that you will respect those of your parents.

I don't want to come off as bitchy, it's cool that you wanted to tell them so you aren't hiding it and sneaking around anymore. I just think it's reasonable to take the advice given to just take a walk at night if you want to smoke, and refrain from doing it inside until you have your own place (that's what I did, my parents sort of knew but I wouldn't do it indoors, now in my own apartment I finally can). Plus, unless you have a job, are they funding this pot habit? Because if that was the case, I could definitely see telling them to be a really irresponsible idea, especially saying you won't stop --- they'll just cut you off if anything.

i know it's not what you want to hear, and i'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but i have to agree that this sounds like a bad idea.

philosophically, we all wish we could explain to the people in our lives how great marijuana is and show them that it enhances our lives rather than slowing us down. but it just doesn't work that way. your boss can fire you. your teacher can suspend you. your parents can kick you out or lock you down. no matter how convincing an argument you make.

so think a little harder about what you hope to accomplish and what you realistically see coming out of this situation before you do anything.

Okay just from experience of both me and my sister running campaigns of secrecy to allow us to smoke in peace. All of my advice is unethical but it may help. First never ever ever tell them how much you smoke this gives you a far bit of wiggle room when they catch you and try to force you to admit you have a problem. Next dont buy a glass bong, have a shitty little thing that they can take. Work out there mood patterns, my sister did this for me, it turns out that my dad went about 5 weeks without becoming suspicisious, my mum it was 12 days. Hid your stash really really well. Your parents have seen you from childhood and you do behave differently stoned so when you arent baked dont talk to them because they will start to know when youve run out. My dad when i was about 17 guessed that i had run out. If you get caught (for me) avoid dealing with both parents at once as they will normally rile each other up and your the one you will have to deal with. Dont lose your temper, if your out the back smoking cones at 3 in the morning and your mum starts screaming at you dont yell back, it will stop the argument but they will start presuming negative mental side effects and that is the slope of long winded bullshit dead and meaningfuls were they try to understand. Remember this only has to last a few years, so be tactful.

Oh the basics, invest in nil odour, have a fan to blow it out the window, eye drops are a must, at one point they got into checking me for smell so i would smoke in boxes and then get dressed.

Few more tibbits, ask how their day was. If your going stealth do activities that they like in order to reduce pressure and interest in what you like. All of this advice is from my experience but we managed to both smoke for many years.

Also dont underestimate the "i have a problem card" but only as a last resort. Good luck.

Wow okay so i just wanted to tell them so they would leave me alone, and sure it

is their house but honestly i don't give a fuck they don't treat me like parents should.

Well, most parents probably don't want their children doing drugs of any kind. If you wanna bring illegal shit into their house, you are not treating them as you should. :\

And i can't move out, last time i moved out they called the cops and a search party showed up at my best friends house and i was taken home by force.

So before you assume im in some teen rebellion or something know whats going on

because i've dealt with their shit for to long. Plus i hate the paranoid feeling i get about them finding out and i just wanna tell them so they know.

I don't think going to your best friends house is moving out....sounds like "running away", a pretty typical teenager thing to do. No offense- but your parents clearly are not going to ccept you smoking; and you know what? They don't have to. They are your prents, and you live with them- why should your habit put them in a difficult and illegal situation? They put a roof over your head; thats a good sign that your parents DO care for you; also, sending out a "seacrh party" is also a sign of that. I doubt they simply want to control you; they probably ust care for you and love you.

Anyway- best solution is to NOT smoke at home. I was lucky, in that my parents let me smoke weed in the house and use drugs; but they did too, so the whole point was moot really....Really, I wasn't lucky at all, because now I use drugs all the time, and have seen my dad into rehab and o/d.

Be thankful :)

If your parents are very anti-drug and you know they didn't experiment in their days before you, then I wouldn't even bother bringing it up with them. My dad is a dick about it and he did more drugs than me and my friends combined growing up. Hell he even grew and he still isn't too happy about me blazing.

So to be short, don't bother telling them, because it sounds like they would not be very accepting of it.

Swilow hit the nail on the head here. Stop bitching about how bad your parents are and be a man. Stop using drugs in their house or leave, simple as that.
Nazis? Yeah right kid. 8) Do they feed you? Clothe you? Put a roof over your head? You sound pretty ungrateful to me. I wonder what they would think if they saw this thread :\

Um dude don't tell them. Why would you do that? You think if you tell them they're just going to be cool with it? It will create heaps of tension for no reason. They'll be disappointed, angry, and scared you're going to fuck up your life. Neither of you will change your opinions on anything.