• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids I ordered Phenibut 300mg HCL capsules, some questions

So, decisions, decisions...
I know this shouldn't be used more than twice a week, and I don't plan to for the time being for any reason. I was going to take some again tomorrow, I mean, you can' really even out the days, there's 7 days in a week so at most you could space out 3 and 4 days. But now I'm debating on taking some tonight at the same dose, without an extra 300mg capsule. Every other Sunday morning I'm busy so I won't be taking any more on Saturday, and certainly don't plan to take any tomorrow if I'd take some tonight. I'm sure my tolerance would've gone up a little.

It's crazy how much people on reddit have gotten up to, even 2g a day seems like a lot, but some people are in the 10-30g a day region! Mostly people on the quitting sub, but that's just mind blowing to me.

So basically I'll only take it once a week sometimes, other times twice a week. I'm very cautious about the withdrawals and such.

So, decisions, decisions...
I know this shouldn't be used more than twice a week, and I don't plan to for the time being for any reason. I was going to take some again tomorrow, I mean, you can' really even out the days, there's 7 days in a week so at most you could space out 3 and 4 days. But now I'm debating on taking some tonight at the same dose, without an extra 300mg capsule. Every other Sunday morning I'm busy so I won't be taking any more on Saturday, and certainly don't plan to take any tomorrow if I'd take some tonight. I'm sure my tolerance would've gone up a little.

It's crazy how much people on reddit have gotten up to, even 2g a day seems like a lot, but some people are in the 10-30g a day region! Mostly people on the quitting sub, but that's just mind blowing to me.

So basically I'll only take it once a week sometimes, other times twice a week. I'm very cautious about the withdrawals and such.
there's no way thats good for you and be careful you'll already rationalizing taking more then you originally intended too

Tossing and washing Phenibut is real easy. It tastes like vitamin C. I don't wash, I hold it in my mouth hoping for some sublingual. Nasal and anal are much more potent, but hurt like a MF. So, I hope for a bit of sublingual.
Thats a terrible idea if you are using HCL. It will literally rot your teeth and burn your skin if you do it often. Your mouth and anus arent places you want hydrochloric acid

Last edited:
Valium works on Gaba-a and phenibut works on gaba-b. I started off with 1 gram, then 1.5g, then eventually 2g. 2g appeared to be my safe zone. 2.5-3g felt like too much. Everyone's different that's just how it affected me. If you took 3 300mg caps, that's less than a gram. I would take 4-5 caps next time. It can be a subtle drug too.

I primarily take F-Phenibut these days it's been more useful for me.
It agonizes GABAa at "higher doses" as well.

there's no way thats good for you and be careful you'll already rationalizing taking more then you originally intended too
exactly which is precisely the way those folks end up high dosing daily. I started at once a week and then kept justifying myself into a 4GPD habit

Thats a terrible idea if you are using HCL. It will literally rot your teeth and burn your skin if you do it often
all this and above. Plus you don't know who's making it, its not cGMP compliant. I would use it once. month like you do with x. harm reduction is the best practice with unknown and studied drugs like this one. Its used as medication in Russia, doesn't that say enough

Not exactly. I mean, I for sure won't be taking it tomorrow or this Saturday since I get up early on Sunday, or any night before I work. I won't be taking it for another week at least. I've been through this type of thing before with kratom but phenibut is clearly much more dangerous and I would never risk putting myself in the position of immense withdrawal. But I appreciate the input. If somehow I really feel like I can't control it, I'll just flush the stuff.

Not exactly. I mean, I for sure won't be taking it tomorrow or this Saturday since I get up early on Sunday, or any night before I work. I won't be taking it for another week at least. I've been through this type of thing before with kratom but phenibut is clearly much more dangerous and I would never risk putting myself in the position of immense withdrawal. But I appreciate the input. If somehow I really feel like I can't control it, I'll just flush the stuff.
phenibut aint kratom. in any way is it comparable. Your plan of once a week is a good one just heed the warning and take precaution. MOst folks who end up at 4GPD started "once a week". Me, thats me. Im off pheni now but it wasnt a great time. ANy of it

well it sounds like you have a plan and I hope you stick to it. It is just as bad as a benzos with the WD. Any compound that acts in your GABA receptors is gonna have that sort of WD and the higher the dose and the longer the duration of use, well you know the rest.......

Yeah I'm not comparing the two, I'm just saying I had a similar experience with intending to take less kratom and then taking more than I'd wanted. That was just months into first taking it, I take much less now years later. Good that you've come off the phen.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not comparing the two, I'm just saying I had a similar experience with intending to take less of it and then taking more than I'd wanted. That was just months into first taking it, I take much less now years later. Good that you've come off the phen.
this is a harm reduction site, it would be stupid of all of us not to question warn and inform

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a harm reduction site, it would be stupid of all of us not to question warn and inform
dude what? Who are you yelling at and why? Maybe you are confused. @BourbonMac was replying to me but either way your comment was out of line

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I understand this is a harm reduction site. Not really sure where the hostility comes from though.

If you want to know the pharmacology of phenibut you can google Baclofen.

They are almost identical in properties and effects. That way you will know exactly what you are taking.
Or you can just google “pharmacology of phenibut”

Don't mind the resident ornery folks, it really takes all kinds

well it sounds like you have a plan and I hope you stick to it. It is just as bad as a benzos with the WD. Any compound that acts in your GABA receptors is gonna have that sort of WD and the higher the dose and the longer the duration of use, well you know the rest.......

Phenibut withdrawal sucks, but it definitely doesn't compare to benzo withdrawal in sheer horror. I have intimate experience with both withdrawal syndromes. And I've also suffered withdrawal from phenibut's relatives, pregabalin and gabapentin, which isn't fun either, but again, gabapentinoid withdrawal doesn't replicate the seemingly never ending terror and hell on earth that is benzo withdrawal. The symptom set is quite different as well. Any seasoned drug user who had gone through both withdrawal syndromes more than once will readily tell you the same thing. This of course doesn't mean that phenibut withdrawal is a walk in the park.

As far as use frequency, wouldn't exceed once a week. Regular dosing (ie, once every x number of days) of any physically addictive is slippery slope because the number of days between dosing often shorten until they become consequence.

Yeah, makes sense. I took less tonight and won't be taking it again until probably next Monday. My birthday is Saturday and I suppose I could take some then, but I'm not really going out, a friend of mine I generally chill with works 6-6 every other weekend. I don't really do anything for birthdays anymore anyway aside from stuff my face with Papa Gino's and cake.

Probably just gonna get fucked up on edibles lol.

Yeah I definitely feel it quite a bit less than the other night, so tolerance builds fast for sure. Would've been better to take tomorrow probably. And I'll likely be busy Sunday morning so I don't think I'm taking any on Saturday. Took it 3.5 hours ago and feel nice, but not quite rolling on ecstacy nice. I forgot I took 1.5g last time, it was the 300mg I added later on, so 1.8g. No wonder my tolerance is higher.

Last edited: